seem like JAN is slow for all IM? especially for amazon members?

41 replies
have lots of clicks and UV but not a single sales for 3 weeks..:confused:
#amazon #jan #members #slow
  • Profile picture of the author pdrs
    Yeah Jan is typically quite slow for me and Amazon, it will pick up!
    Signature
    RemoteControlHelicopterReviews.(com/net) - Up for sale! No reasonable offer refused. Great branding for a super hot niche!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8889845].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Devilfish168
      Originally Posted by pdrs View Post

      Yeah Jan is typically quite slow for me and Amazon, it will pick up!
      :confused:
      hows your case?
      my last sales only 3 bucks ++
      than after New year first week till now..3 weeks don't have a single sales.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8889894].message }}
  • Depending on your product or service, January can be slow. Most people right after having spent allot of money over the holidays, will be more choosy where they spend their funds. (Usually around this time of year their credit card bill comes in, etc.) Having said that, new years resolution related products such as gym memberships and diet products seem to do well in January, and I'm sure there are tons of businesses and products that do well this time of year. Internet Marketers will see an increase in their sales when pushing diet / quit smoking products etc.
    Signature
    Arnold Stolting - Stolting Media Group
    "I LOVE The Song! The Vibe Is Positive And Firm!" - Kymani Marley. (Son of Bob Marley)
    "Keep Up The Good Work!" Tony Lindsay - Lead Vocalist, Carlos Santana.

    "Very High Quality!" Jeremy Harding - Manager / Producer. Sean Paul.
    "They Are FANTASTIC!" - Willie Crawford.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8889873].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Devilfish168
      Originally Posted by stoltingmediagroup View Post

      Depending on your product or service, January can be slow. Most people right after having spent allot of money over the holidays, will be more choosy where they spend their funds. (Usually around this time of year their credit card bill comes in, etc.) Having said that, new years resolution related products such as gym memberships and diet products seem to do well in January, and I'm sure there are tons of businesses and products that do well this time of year. Internet Marketers will see an increase in their sales when pushing diet / quit smoking products etc.
      true,
      well my niche are tough..but is my hobby.., sometimes i like to follow the latest technology stuff..
      thus ..I more on promoting gadgets ...well I know is tough...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8889886].message }}
      • Originally Posted by Devilfish168 View Post

        i like to follow the latest technology stuff.. thus ..I more on promoting gadgets ...well I know is tough...
        Having sold gadgets in an electronics retail environment for many years prior to my self employment, I can confidently say that for most retailers, gadgets seem to sell well in December. However in January, not so much.
        Signature
        Arnold Stolting - Stolting Media Group
        "I LOVE The Song! The Vibe Is Positive And Firm!" - Kymani Marley. (Son of Bob Marley)
        "Keep Up The Good Work!" Tony Lindsay - Lead Vocalist, Carlos Santana.

        "Very High Quality!" Jeremy Harding - Manager / Producer. Sean Paul.
        "They Are FANTASTIC!" - Willie Crawford.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8889902].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Devilfish168
          Originally Posted by stoltingmediagroup View Post

          Having sold gadgets in an electronics retail environment for many years prior to my self employment, I can confidently say that for most retailers, gadgets seem to sell well in December. However in January, not so much.
          true , especially games..the game industry like to launch their latest games..around school holiday and holiday season..
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8889921].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SykkBoy
    Wait until everyone starts getting their income tax refunds.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8889925].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Anthony La Rocca
      HA! I was just going to say that

      Plus everyone's credit cards are still maxed out from Christmas

      Originally Posted by SykkBoy View Post

      Wait until everyone starts getting their income tax refunds.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8889934].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cyberzolo
    People just spent all their money on Xmas they are tapped out lol
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8890358].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author beasty513
    Ahh yes...


    The after-the-holidays stall.




    It will get better.




    IM/MMO is a bit slow at the moment.

    Weight loss & fitness is doing ok now.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8890460].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seobro
    Things are always slow after xmas. However, after feb they should pick up. Worst is the summer sag. Like, that one really affects us.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8890520].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author brutecky
    I have had no decrease in sales this month (or last month) .. guess Im just one of the lucky ones.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8890741].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jasondinner
    Not slow for me either. I'm having another great month.
    Signature

    "Human thoughts have the tendency to transform themselves into their physical equivalent." Earl Nightingale

    Super Affiliates Hang Out Here

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8890764].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author nicheblogger75
      Originally Posted by jasondinner View Post

      Not slow for me either. I'm having another great month.
      Same here. I'm promoting IM products/WP plugins though, and those tend to stay pretty steady month to month. What niche are you promoting?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8890968].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jasondinner
        Originally Posted by nicheblogger75 View Post

        Same here. I'm promoting IM products/WP plugins though, and those tend to stay pretty steady month to month. What niche are you promoting?
        Wouldn't you like to know

        And I'm not in just one niche.
        Signature

        "Human thoughts have the tendency to transform themselves into their physical equivalent." Earl Nightingale

        Super Affiliates Hang Out Here

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8891199].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Andrew Davis
    My Local Business has Increased in sales tremendously this month, compared to December.
    (I provide services to Businesses/Companies)

    At the start of the new year, most business owners are fired up and ready to boost their business, to perform better than the previous year.
    Right now I'm getting too many orders to handle, and I need to ask many clients to postpone for a while.
    (I need to hire more staff very soon)


    On the other hand, my Online based Businesses have been very Slow this month, compared to December.

    For the same reason many speculated; most consumers over-spend during the Christmas season, and go easy on spending in January.


    I've noticed this same trend year after year.
    Signature
    Owner of: TrinSite, iOrbix, DesignCoverPhoto, KeywordCompetition ...and other Businesses


    Only $20! - >> Get your own PROFESSIONAL Facebook Timeline Cover << - Best Price - Best Quality
    (We are the #1 Facebook Cover Design Team in the WORLD!)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8890812].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tehdellguy22
    my business is doing great
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8890938].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    Oddly enough things have picked up for me this month.... i did make about 3 crucial changes to the way that i've been marketing though. These are things that will be effective for me.... forever.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8890965].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheZafraGroup
    IM is never slow. Remember, internet marketing is the whole world. It all depends on how you're selling and positioning yourself. Are you getting targeted traffic? Are you selling something of value? Are you a person of value? How can you breakthrough the barrier and make what most believe to be a slow month and make it happen? Those all are factors. I don't believe in slow months because I've witnessed someone myself who made $700,000 in 19 days in Dec which is what most believe a slow month. Obviously, results aren't typical but what most people think was impossible was definitely shattered and turned into the possible. :-)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8891397].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author murtagh
      True especially for Amazon affiliates because most of the people have spent a lot of money during X'mas, New Year, Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

      I've seen a little drop in income myself (last month I managed close to $600 and this month I see myself around $400 ). However, sales will pick up after January hopefully
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8892040].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Devilfish168
      Originally Posted by TheZafraGroup View Post

      IM is never slow. Remember, internet marketing is the whole world. It all depends on how you're selling and positioning yourself. Are you getting targeted traffic? Are you selling something of value? Are you a person of value? How can you breakthrough the barrier and make what most believe to be a slow month and make it happen? Those all are factors. I don't believe in slow months because I've witnessed someone myself who made $700,000 in 19 days in Dec which is what most believe a slow month. Obviously, results aren't typical but what most people think was impossible was definitely shattered and turned into the possible. :-)
      700k in 19 days?

      you sell your own products or others?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8892819].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author TheZafraGroup
        Originally Posted by Devilfish168 View Post

        700k in 19 days?

        you sell your own products or others?
        I'm not the one who made that. It's one of my mentors. I'm in the same company as him. He made that much selling affiliate products and he achieved that at a time when most people believe is a slow month for business, December. Our company pays 100% commissions so making big money comes faster and easier especially once you implement the info within the products.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8894129].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author JohnTheJock
          I'm having my best month since August, mind you December was a little slower.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8894275].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author TheZafraGroup
        Originally Posted by Devilfish168 View Post

        700k in 19 days?

        you sell your own products or others?
        I could share a resource with you if you'd like. Just let me know and I'll pm you.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8897036].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PeckhamPirate
    I sell physical products, and I have to say, January is turning out not that bad.
    I'm thinking economies may actually be on the up.

    Who knows, it's a funny old game.
    Signature
    Stylish, affordable web design, translation and copywriting.
    I'm available for hire...

    EnglishEffect.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8897196].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Lares
      January is usually a very good month for me. New year resolutions ftw.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8898035].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author tekken2
        There are two sides to January performance for me:

        Volume is up, about thirty precent to about 250 visitors a day.
        Conversion is down, from 5% in December to 3% in January.

        However my overall commissions are up to $1000 for this month (so far) vs $600 in December.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8900502].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Moneymaker2012
    Hey Guyz,
    I am also feeling that but know worries I am going to start some things to earn some quick cash.Well best of luck to all warriors for the upcoming month February.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8900815].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steven Miranda
    Retail is always slow this month but I would imagine other markets are too given it is after the holidays.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8901661].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author plugsnpixels
      My niche is digital imaging software as an affiliate (plug-ins, apps) and January is usually slow (and indeed it is right now!).

      I work full time and also do some ebay to round things out.
      Signature

      Free digital imaging ezine and discounted Photoshop plug-ins
      www.plugsandpixels.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8901778].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Devilfish168


        update , going to break record ,
        Jan going to end and I didn't earn any single cents from amazon
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8908030].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author jasondinner
          Originally Posted by Devilfish168 View Post



          update , going to break record ,
          Jan going to end and I didn't earn any single cents from amazon
          Update, I'm going to exceed the number I've been speaking all month by a lot

          Diversify my friend. Build some income streams that aren't cyclical.
          Signature

          "Human thoughts have the tendency to transform themselves into their physical equivalent." Earl Nightingale

          Super Affiliates Hang Out Here

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8908049].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Devilfish168
            Originally Posted by jasondinner View Post

            Update, I'm going to exceed the number I've been speaking all month by a lot

            Diversify my friend. Build some income streams that aren't cyclical.
            what you mean bro ,
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8908174].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author jasondinner
              Originally Posted by Devilfish168 View Post

              what you mean bro ,
              Whatever you're selling or where you're selling (Amazon) is cyclical by nature.

              Sell stuff that sells no matter what time of year it is.

              That's what I mean by diversify.

              Keep selling this stuff because it serves you well, but make sure you are selling products that sell 365 days of the year with no down time.
              Signature

              "Human thoughts have the tendency to transform themselves into their physical equivalent." Earl Nightingale

              Super Affiliates Hang Out Here

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8908181].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author beasty513
    I just started a new venture in the diet/fitness niche.


    Good timing and I just started.


    I'm seeing good results although I

    don't have a good grasp of the market yet.


    It's HUGE.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8908283].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Devilfish168
      Originally Posted by beasty513 View Post

      I just started a new venture in the diet/fitness niche.


      Good timing and I just started.


      I'm seeing good results although I

      don't have a good grasp of the market yet.


      It's HUGE.
      in fact I have a blog on health...but the stuffs not intensive..like gadgets which I promote more on gadgets ...

      which heath niche you in?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8908604].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jan roos
        My Amazon business has also slowed a bit this month. Normally January is quite good for me but not this year. It will pick up though.

        Cheers
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8908690].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Devilfish168
          Originally Posted by jan roos View Post

          My Amazon business has also slowed a bit this month. Normally January is quite good for me but not this year. It will pick up though.

          Cheers

          I don't know where go wrong ,
          I still doing the same marketing it...

          care to share how you promote your amazon stuffs..
          for me on social media....perhaps I do wrong?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8908715].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author nik0
            Banned
            Originally Posted by Devilfish168 View Post

            I don't know where go wrong ,
            I still doing the same marketing it...

            care to share how you promote your amazon stuffs..
            for me on social media....perhaps I do wrong?
            I heard Pinterest works well to promote Amazon sites / products.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8908857].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Devilfish168
              Originally Posted by nik0 View Post

              I heard Pinterest works well to promote Amazon sites / products.
              actually I do have pininterest ..
              yes it helps on traffic...

              I more curious about stumple upoo.....
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8909017].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Clara H
    This January has been the best month so far... even better than December. I don't make money with Amazon but it's still with physical products. It's a fairly new venture though (started in October) so maybe it's just a result of me building it up...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8909003].message }}

Trending Topics