One quick tip to help boost sales.

19 replies
I'm not sure if this has been said before but..

You must be entertaining!

The best way to sell someone on something is
by selling it without them even realizing.

A good example would be Yugioh the cartoon.

In the show, Yugioh (main character) has a card
that is "very rare."

His name was Dark Magician.

Anyway, this card helps Yugioh in many situations
and basically saves his butt every time.

The creators of Yugioh had an actual trading card
game in the real world as well.

They sold a starter deck for $15 with
Dark Magician branded all over it.

That's the holographic card you get when
you buy the deck.

Consumers perceived Dark Magician as
a valuable card because the cartoon implied it.

In return, the starter deck sold like crazy.

Here's the crazy part.

Dark Magician isn't even a rare card in the
real trading card game.

It's just rare in the cartoon.

As a matter of fact, it's one of the weakest
cards in the real card game..

No professional player ever used it.

The average player didn't care though.

The point is, if you want to sell something.
Please be entertaining.. get creative.

The reality is, our worlds attention span is
getting shorter and shorter and if you can't
entertain to keep that attention..

How are you ever going to compete?

Internet marketing can be fun.. that's up to you.
#boost #quick #sales #tip
  • Profile picture of the author Oliver13
    Be Exodia.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8899297].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SoloSalinas
      Originally Posted by Oliver13 View Post

      Be Exodia.

      Haha, exactly!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8899532].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author monicawomble
    Facts tell, stories sell!
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8899538].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DavidLowes
      Good tip.

      Being entertaining can be one way, but that won't work for everyone.

      Sales is rooted to psychology, or more specifically, an individual's personality/social style. Different people respond to different selling techniques. Being entertaining would work for the more expressive people of the world, whilst numbers, proof and stats will work for the analyticals.

      The key to sales is knowing your audience.

      That being said, no-one responds to a boring, monotonous speel. You have to bring something to the table.



      I am still trying to work out your story.....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8899630].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author SoloSalinas
        Originally Posted by DavidLowes View Post

        Good tip.

        Being entertaining can be one way, but that won't work for everyone.

        Sales is rooted to psychology, or more specifically, an individual's personality/social style. Different people respond to different selling techniques. Being entertaining would work for the more expressive people of the world, whilst numbers, proof and stats will work for the analyticals.

        The key to sales is knowing your audience.

        That being said, no-one responds to a boring, monotonous speel. You have to bring something to the table.



        I am still trying to work out your story.....
        I feel like you're talking about the internet marketing niche. I'm talking about selling products outside that market.

        That being said, you're absolutely correct about psychology being a major player.

        If you're good, you can entertain them all the way through each psychological step and get them to buy.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8899829].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author AffiliatingAlan
        Originally Posted by DavidLowes View Post

        Good tip.

        Being entertaining can be one way, but that won't work for everyone.

        Sales is rooted to psychology, or more specifically, an individual's personality/social style. Different people respond to different selling techniques. Being entertaining would work for the more expressive people of the world, whilst numbers, proof and stats will work for the analyticals.

        The key to sales is knowing your audience.

        That being said, no-one responds to a boring, monotonous speel. You have to bring something to the table.



        I am still trying to work out your story.....
        Unless your running an IM blog im starting to think that experience, humor, entertaintment, facts and maybe some phsychological timing, pre-loading etc are what will work the best.

        At least thats what worked for me so far.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8900083].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Chris Grable
        Originally Posted by DavidLowes View Post

        Good tip.

        Being entertaining can be one way, but that won't work for everyone.

        Sales is rooted to psychology, or more specifically, an individual's personality/social style. Different people respond to different selling techniques. Being entertaining would work for the more expressive people of the world, whilst numbers, proof and stats will work for the analyticals.

        The key to sales is knowing your audience.

        That being said, no-one responds to a boring, monotonous speel. You have to bring something to the table.



        I am still trying to work out your story.....
        Okay... so maybe entertaining will only work with 75% of the population. Change "entertaining" to "engaging" (which I think is your point) and you'll reach 95% of the folks (I am making these numbers up but i suspect that i am more right than wrong) and still find yourself doing most of the the same things and acting mostly the same way.

        yes?

        chris
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8901343].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author talfighel
        Originally Posted by DavidLowes View Post

        Good tip.

        Being entertaining can be one way, but that won't work for everyone.
        Very true.

        While one strategy may work for one person well, there is a chance that it will not work for others.

        You just have to try all sorts of things and see what is working for you.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8901379].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author SoloSalinas
          Originally Posted by talfighel View Post

          Very true.

          While one strategy may work for one person well, there is a chance that it will not work for others.

          You just have to try all sorts of things and see what is working for you.
          Oh yeah of course. I've done plenty of split testing and my more entertaining campaigns were much more effective.

          If you are failing in your campaigns, I suggest you try it.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8901463].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author PeckhamPirate
    I'm sorry, maybe it's my age, but I must be missing something here.
    Signature
    Stylish, affordable web design, translation and copywriting.
    I'm available for hire...

    EnglishEffect.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8899707].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author neelshopno123
    hahaha... really!!
    Signature
    WordPress PROBLEM? Fix at $13 only! Email me neelshopno123@gmail.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8899727].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AffiliatingAlan
    Originally Posted by SoloSalinas View Post

    I'm not sure if this has been said before but..


    Anyway, this card helps Yugioh in many situations
    and basically saves his butt every time.
    His name was Yami Yugi not yugioh.

    Also the dark magician starter didnt sell because they hyped up his character in the show. It sold because it was one of only 2 decks out at the time.

    Blue eyes and Dark magician starter.

    Also me and everyone else I knew bought only the blue eyes deck. Why would I want a 7 star monster with only 2500 attack power. Requiring 2 summons for that measly power and no special effect.

    When blue eyes was an eight star requiring the same 2 summons for 3000 attack power

    plus its a mythical dragon against a fairy wand boy in swirly tights

    The message is good but the example is bad.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8900081].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SoloSalinas
      Originally Posted by AffiliatingAlan View Post

      His name was Yami Yugi not yugioh.

      Also the dark magician starter didnt sell because they hyped up his character in the show. It sold because it was one of only 2 decks out at the time.

      Blue eyes and Dark magician starter.

      Also me and everyone else I knew bought only the blue eyes deck. Why would I want a 7 star monster with only 2500 attack power. Requiring 2 summons for that measly power and no special effect.

      When blue eyes was an eight star requiring the same 2 summons for 3000 attack power

      plus its a mythical dragon against a fairy wand boy in swirly tights

      The message is good but the example is bad.
      I read an article on Pojo that the Dark Magician one sold most. There were actually 3 starter decks when it first came out by the way. The Joey one.

      Also, this might surprise you but most people that bought the decks when they first came out didn't care about the rules.

      As a matter of fact, the starter deck was basically an introduction to the rules so nobody had a clue about sacrificing.

      Another thing, I understand your friends had Blue Eyes. Most of my friends bought the Dark Magician one though. Even most of the kids that entered the Saturday tournaments bought the Dark Magician one.

      I think what matters most is overall sales.

      I know his name was Yami Yugi lol I didn't think that mattered.

      I'm sure my example still stands as Dark Magician starter deck still sold most.

      If you think not, there are plenty of other examples I can use.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8901257].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author AffiliatingAlan
        Originally Posted by SoloSalinas View Post

        I read an article on Pojo that the Dark Magician one sold most. There were actually 3 starter decks when it first came out by the way. The Joey one.

        Also, this might surprise you but most people that bought the decks when they first came out didn't care about the rules.

        As a matter of fact, the starter deck was basically an introduction to the rules so nobody had a clue about sacrificing.

        Another thing, I understand your friends had Blue Eyes. Most of my friends bought the Dark Magician one though. Even most of the kids that entered the Saturday tournaments bought the Dark Magician one.

        I think what matters most is overall sales.

        I know his name was Yami Yugi lol I didn't think that mattered.

        I'm sure my example still stands as Dark Magician starter deck still sold most.

        If you think not, there are plenty of other examples I can use.

        I thought Joey's deck came out later, pretty sure....anyway **** joey and his crap deck.

        As for as the rules...I think your write, I remember now if i recall they didnt even introduce sacrificing for a while. Either way blue eyes was superior. Maybe your right all the yugi fanboys wanted the queer magician. I just know I didnt.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8902378].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author beasty513
    Being entertaining won't work with all niches

    but for IM/MMO it isn't a bad idea.


    Engagement is a must for some people....
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8902457].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SoloSalinas
      Originally Posted by beasty513 View Post

      Being entertaining won't work with all niches

      but for IM/MMO it isn't a bad idea.


      Engagement is a must for some people....
      You're absolutely correct! It works well with most though.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8902760].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mary2015
    *facepalm*
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8902482].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author linndelvallen
    hahahah...funny!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8902775].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SoloSalinas
      Originally Posted by linndelvallen View Post

      hahahah...funny!
      Glad you enjoyed lol
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8907083].message }}

Trending Topics