My plan is to offer my services and go after local businesses. First thing I need is a portfolio, which is in progress. I bought a domain (myname.com) and plan on using that as my portfolio and business website.
A bit about me: I am 26 and live in Phoenix, Arizona. My wife recently had our first child, I would like to be able to spend more time at home so my goal is to be able to work from home in the next year and get out of my full-time office job.
I have a plan, but need some help.
After doing some research I have a small list of questions I was hoping you guys could help me with, any input/advice is greatly appreciated.
1. What is the going rate on a basic website for a small business (i.e. tire shop) - Wordpress + Logo + Social Media + 5-10 Pages
2. How do you handle hosting? Do you keep everything on your shared hosting? My hosting claims I can have an unlimited # of websites. (HostGator)
3. How much do you charge clients per month after they pay for the websites? Do you offer any services like a set # per hours a month of website maintenance or social media updates?
4. Do I need business insurance? What if I was to cause a websites rank to somehow drop by accident, can I be help accountable?
5. Any tips on finding clients? I have been making a list of clients I want to call but not sure if I should try walk-ins first or just give them a quick call to introduce myself?
6. How hard would it be to make $2500 a month? That's how much I make now working 40+ hours per week and would be the minimum I need to consider quitting my job.
That's all for now. I plan on starting a blog/journey thread as well in the future for those of you who would like to follow me to success.