Blogger and Wordpress.com for Affiliate Marketing

24 replies
I've been trying to find some info on using Blogger and Wordpress.com websites for affiliate marketing and adsense but it's only made me even more confused.
I was planning on building a site using a custom domain on either of the above platforms. Is it possible to monetize these sites using affiliate links and adsense and if so are there any limitations?
#affiliate #blogger #marketing #wordpresscom
  • Profile picture of the author dpwilliams
    Hello RunningFree,

    In my personal experience I would not put an income producing site on a free service because THEY have complete control of your site. Your site can get up and making money and then be deleted. That is the main drawl back.

    I made this mistake early on and had a page ranking very well for a great keyword. It was producing very well then it...was deleted.

    If you plan to use a unique domain already it is very inexpensive to get a hosting account.

    Then just go to Youtube and watch videos on how to install Wordpress.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8931300].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JRJWrites
    Yep, there are limitations -- no affiliate marketing or AdSense on WordPress.com.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8931370].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author homeautotech
    how long does it usually take for your sale press pro activation key to come through after purchase? been waiting for 3 days now:confused:
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8931373].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lotsofsnow
    Wordpress.com would not work for affiliate marketing. Blogger.com would work but you have to be careful to follow the rules.

    If done correctly a blogger blog can be very successful- you should put it on your own domain though an make regular backups.
    Signature

    Call Center Fuel - High Volume Data
    Delivering the highest quality leads in virtually all consumer verticals.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8931405].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Devilfish168
      Originally Posted by hpgoodboy View Post

      Wordpress.com would not work for affiliate marketing. Blogger.com would work but you have to be careful to follow the rules.

      If done correctly a blogger blog can be very successful- you should put it on your own domain though an make regular backups.
      :confused:
      sorry mate ..I do know some blogger claim their blog spot blog been remove..
      what rule they stated?

      I feel is more on porno , sensitive politics stuffs they will remove ...huh?
      beside these?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8937416].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Danny Shaw
    Get not one but loads of you own domains. Blogger can rank high if you treat it with kid gloves.
    Signature
    **5 DAY FREE TRIAL** - The ultimate social media bot (FB, Instagram, Pinterest & G+).........
    Grab it >> HERE
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8931414].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mark Tandan
    Seems that in this day of ever more competitively priced domains and hosting packages, people are shunning free Blogger blogs.
    Truth is it's a Google platform, so PROVIDED you follow the terms of service to the letter, Google likes these blogs.
    Sure, wise advice to back the content up regularly, but I've never been unfortunate enough to have one deleted.
    And as a learning device blogger is unbeatable. Easy to follow along, all the training you need, and no cost. If nothing else play around with one just to get the hang of things, if you do decide to go with your own site eventually.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8932509].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author greenowl123
      Originally Posted by Mark Tandan View Post

      Seems that in this day of ever more competitively priced domains and hosting packages, people are shunning free Blogger blogs.
      Truth is it's a Google platform, so PROVIDED you follow the terms of service to the letter, Google likes these blogs.
      Sure, wise advice to back the content up regularly, but I've never been unfortunate enough to have one deleted.
      And as a learning device blogger is unbeatable. Easy to follow along, all the training you need, and no cost. If nothing else play around with one just to get the hang of things, if you do decide to go with your own site eventually.
      Agreed... the main benefit of blogger blogs is learning how to create a blog, make posts, upload pics to a blog, etc.

      But... you can lose your Blogger blog at any time, without warning. Has happened to me several times.

      I would recommend Weebly, Typepad, LiveJournal or Webs(dot)com as free blogging platforms over Blogger.

      Or better yet, buy a domain from Namecheap and have your own blog and hosting from Hawkhost or other hosting company.
      Signature
      Free 40-page eBook "How To Earn With CPA Offers"
      + 14 Free Traffic Training Videos -
      Click here now. (no opt-in required)

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8932727].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author runningfree73
    Thanks everyone for your advice. I've seen quite a few Blogger websites ranking well for some competitive keywords and it stands to reason that there is an advantage to using that platform, and not only in terms of rankings but also in terms of convenience in getting a website set up.
    One obvious advantage is that you are publishing content on a trusted and authoritative domain. However, I was just wondering if you use a custom domain do you still get those same benefits??
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8933827].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author absolutelee
    I use Blogger blogs for affiliate marketing, but they're not my main money blog. I would never build up something on a platform I don't control.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8934153].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    Originally Posted by runningfree73 View Post

    I've been trying to find some info on using Blogger and Wordpress.com websites for affiliate marketing and adsense but it's only made me even more confused.
    I was planning on building a site using a custom domain on either of the above platforms. Is it possible to monetize these sites using affiliate links and adsense and if so are there any limitations?
    I'm not sure if either of them allow it, but IMO hosting and your own domain are a must if you are serious about making money online.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8934154].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kate C
    Use a self hosted word press blog not a free one. If you put a lot of effort into building your blog you do not what to wake up one morning and its gone. The blogger blog should just be used to point to your wordpress.org site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8934444].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanbiddulph
    Running,

    Buy a self-hosted WP site. Own your real estate. Free platforms can be yanked from you in a split second.

    Build a sustainable, prospering home business through affiliate marketing or any niche by hosting your real estate. Brand yourself effectively. Impress potential buyers. Enjoy the customizing process, because you can do a world of neat things through WP plug ins.

    Create problem solving content. Meet a ton of fun folks on Warrior, and through other blogs.

    But do stay away from any free blogging platforms like blogger or WP.com because if you want to hold onto your work and impress customers, buying hosting and going the WP route is the way to go.

    Hope this helps.
    Signature
    Ryan Biddulph helps you to be a successful blogger with his courses, manuals and blog at Blogging From Paradise
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8934452].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author runningfree73
    I was thinking more along the lines of putting up a site to quickly test a market. If it proves profitable you could always invest more time and money in it with a self hosted website.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8934688].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author koubain
    I recommend you not to do that because you have not all the control of your sites
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8937413].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jon Crimes
    If your serious about affiliate marketing then you really need to have your own domain and hosting.

    If you do it right it'll pay for itself relatively quickly anyway.

    I've got a few sites you can have a look at if interested, I'm not making the big bucks just yet but they're doing ok. PM me if interested.

    Cheers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8937576].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author aussiebrah
    Why do so many people's blogger blogs get removed? too many affiliate links? porn?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8937580].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Devilfish168
      Originally Posted by aussiebrah View Post

      Why do so many people's blogger blogs get removed? too many affiliate links? porn?
      I doubt so ..about on affiliate links..
      because if you say , ok selling your own products..isn't the same like you are promoting your products..just like been an affiliate selling others products..

      I feel more on Porno , sensitive issues on politics, or you are using blog to "cyber bully" aka like post photos of expose girls webcam photos , etc or digging gossips...invading others privacy ..
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8938418].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Pdomain
    Banned
    Wordpress, HostGator, Godaddy, Amazon/Adsense/CB/CJ

    This combination works for > 90% of affiliate marketers today.
    Signature

    Coming soon!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8938101].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    I've had a Blogger blog banned before.... posted twice a week, was doing good... then Gaygle shut it down. Funny tho.... they are still my main default search engine lol.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8938279].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DerekGann
    Originally Posted by runningfree73 View Post

    I've been trying to find some info on using Blogger and Wordpress.com websites for affiliate marketing and adsense but it's only made me even more confused.
    I was planning on building a site using a custom domain on either of the above platforms. Is it possible to monetize these sites using affiliate links and adsense and if so are there any limitations?
    If you really wanna build a solid affiliate business then those free blog network shouldn't be your choice. Get your own domain and hosting.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8938373].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sarevok
    As someone that's been blogging for about a year (semi-newb), I do have some experience in the subject.

    Let me tell you that... I personally find ANY limitations to your blogging to be a massive hindrance.

    What do I mean by that? - The more "limitations" or "rules" that you have when you blog... Can be a HUGE detriment because you're constantly "tip-toeing" through your own content.

    The problem with most free platforms is their draconian ruleset.

    Meaning, if you piss them off or violate their ambiguous "Terms of Service" they can terminate your blog and your content goes "Bye Bye".

    Do you think an arbitrary set of "Terms" LIMITS your creativity? Or helps it? Do you think limitations make it EASIER to create quality content, or HARDER to create quality content?

    That's not the way a healthy blogger should conduct business.

    What I'm eluding to here... Is that you should have your OWN hosted content.

    That way... You never have to "tip-toe" through anything. Because you make your own rules. (Within reason of course).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8938405].message }}

Trending Topics