is making money with just a landing page really this easy

26 replies
I have 3 main questions
- is it worth the conversion rates
- is it really this simple
- e-course or video course


- throw up a landing page, detail what im offering and who it is for, get the person to subscibe for an e-book
- i will have follow up news letters lets say like 3 or 4 and then on the 4th or 5th one suggest a product
#easy #landing #making #money #page
  • Profile picture of the author Jeff Lenney
    Yes but you need to drive traffic
    Yes
    Depends on the market cross test with both
    Signature

    Too lazy to write something clever here, so check out my marketing blog and learn from a REAL Super Affiliate at JeffLenney.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8939624].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gluckspilz
    This is where people go wrong with this industry & I don't blame anyone but experience marketers who make it seem so easy.

    I feel like writing an essay so here goes

    Just like working out, there are only a few steps required. Workout, Diet & Exercise. Is it really this simple and easy? HELLLLL NOOOO!!!!!!!!

    Same thing with internet marketing. Yes the concept is just building a squeeze page with a bribe, capture their leads and sell them something via email marketing. is it REALLY THIS SIMPLE??? HELL NO!!!

    There are LOTS of behind the scenes stuff like, split testing, optimizing, quality traffic and the list goes on and on and on and on.

    So to answer your question.

    1. It all depends on your conversion rate, immediate open rate and sales funnel.
    2. Simple in concept, YES! Easy, HELL NO!
    3. Any bribe is good as long as it is what they need. However, depending on your funnel, sometimes the "Video Course" is just the sales page.

    You seem to understand the concept of email marketing which is really good. Always give value first then pitch later. Or you can do little pitches within the first few emails.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8939637].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author OfficerIM
      Originally Posted by gluckspilz View Post

      This is where people go wrong with this industry & I don't blame anyone but experience marketers who make it seem so easy.

      I feel like writing an essay so here goes

      Just like working out, there are only a few steps required. Workout, Diet & Exercise. Is it really this simple and easy? HELLLLL NOOOO!!!!!!!!

      Same thing with internet marketing. Yes the concept is just building a squeeze page with a bribe, capture their leads and sell them something via email marketing. is it REALLY THIS SIMPLE??? HELL NO!!!

      There are LOTS of behind the scenes stuff like, split testing, optimizing, quality traffic and the list goes on and on and on and on.

      So to answer your question.

      1. It all depends on your conversion rate, immediate open rate and sales funnel.
      2. Simple in concept, YES! Easy, HELL NO!
      3. Any bribe is good as long as it is what they need. However, depending on your funnel, sometimes the "Video Course" is just the sales page.

      You seem to understand the concept of email marketing which is really good. Always give value first then pitch later. Or you can do little pitches within the first few emails.


      By sales funnel do you mean
      - quality of persuasion i.e. good sales copy, professional look and feel, trust
      plus
      - what the user will experience i.e. ad - landing page/incentive - email - quality of content - worthiness of suggested product.



      What does a sales funnel mean? what is the funnel part?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8939654].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author absolutelee
        Originally Posted by OfficerIM View Post

        By sales funnel do you mean
        - quality of persuasion i.e. good sales copy, professional look and feel, trust
        plus
        - what the user will experience i.e. ad - landing page/incentive - email - quality of content - worthiness of suggested product.



        What does a sales funnel mean? what is the funnel part?
        A "sales funnel" means this... Someone lands on a squeeze page. They fill in their stuff. Next the see a sales page with an offer...that sort of thing.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8939670].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JWImarketing
    Here is my 2 cents......You must pick a good niche. You must fulfill a strong need. For instance information on how to make more money or how to get rid of hangover or lose weight or whatever. Then comes good copy writing, optins. The secret sauce seems to be getting traffic. BUT not just traffic.... TARGETED traffic. From FACEBOOK ads or even organic seo. Organically speaking I feel the best "free" way is too establish a popular blog and get readers. Not as easy as it sounds and takes time.

    The most important thing is to not wait around and say " I will worry about building a list later".. noooooooo!! Get started asap. Why? Because before you know it you will be months or years into this have no list to market anything to. It is funny... when everything is in the right place it is hard to NOT make money but we tend to screw it up by not staying focused or giving up.

    Just don't forget the basics. Sell what people need and crave. Show them where to get it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8939778].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rory Singh
    Making money with just a landing page?

    Works well for me!

    I get overwhelmed very easy. There are many people telling new people to make an overwhelming list of about 20 things you 'need' to do before you can make any money.

    Then they tell you that it is very hard.

    Having the mindset that it has to be hard is just a conditioned mindset based on years of collective thinking from society.

    If you truly believe that this process is hard, it will surely be.

    But if you 'enjoy' what ever marketing method that you choose, it won't be hard, it will be fun.

    I just drive 'targeted' traffic into a lead capture page and then into a 'highly' converting marketing system.

    And I try to keep it simple.

    Statistics show that over 97 percent fail in this industry.

    These people haven't failed, most don't even get started because they get burn't out with all the stuff that they think they have to do.

    No wander.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8940131].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author OfficerIM
      Originally Posted by Rory Singh View Post

      Making money with just a landing page?

      Works well for me!

      I get overwhelmed very easy. There are many people telling new people to make an overwhelming list of about 20 things you 'need' to do before you can make any money.

      Then they tell you that it is very hard.

      Having the mindset that it has to be hard is just a conditioned mindset based on years of collective thinking from society.

      If you truly believe that this process is hard, it will surely be.

      But if you 'enjoy' what ever marketing method that you choose, it won't be hard, it will be fun.

      I just drive 'targeted' traffic into a lead capture page and then into a 'highly' converting marketing system.

      And I try to keep it simple.

      Statistics show that over 97 percent fail in this industry.

      These people haven't failed, most don't even get started because they get burn't out with all the stuff that they think they have to do.

      No wander.
      when people say sales funnel/marketing system im thinking, get people to yoru landing page, get them to opt in for a free "something" and then redirect them to a product, is this the correct way or do i send them else where or just hope they look at the email?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8940160].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author nrupen
        Originally Posted by OfficerIM View Post

        when people say sales funnel/marketing system im thinking, get people to yoru landing page, get them to opt in for a free "something" and then redirect them to a product, is this the correct way or do i send them else where or just hope they look at the email?
        Long ago I had written a blog post on sales funnel. In it I tried to explain some basic and advanced form of sales funnel design. In case you really don't know a thing about sales funnel give it a look.

        ==> 3 Things To Consider While Designing Your Sales Funnel

        It includes definition, types and it also includes 2 examples.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8940213].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author OfficerIM
          Originally Posted by nrupen View Post

          Long ago I had written a blog post on sales funnel. In it I tried to explain some basic and advanced form of sales funnel design. In case you really don't know a thing about sales funnel give it a look.

          ==> 3 Things To Consider While Designing Your Sales Funnel

          It includes definition, types and it also includes 2 examples.
          I'm running through some list building courses i have bought in the past; right now and in it the teachers are emphasizing on listening to your list i.e. times of day your list is most responsive.


          MY QUESTION
          if you just put down on your landing page or your first email the time of the day you will be sending them an email, dont you think you will get more of a targeted consumer. For instance if i'm driving traffic to my landing page that has an fitness incentive and i state that i will be sending emails out at 9AM US Time (i would state the country to be a little more specific for the consumer) don't you think you will be getting people who get up earlier and check their email first thing in the morning. This way in a sense you will be developing some kind of eagerness from the consumer to want to look at your email first thing in the morning, this way they expect to get your email, schedule to read what you have to say, look forward to your email and build more a personal relationship with this person because now they have that subconscious sense of trust, that "Hey, i wake up early, i like what this person has to offer, i think ill subscribe"


          what do you think?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8940239].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author agmccall
            Originally Posted by OfficerIM View Post

            I'm running through some list building courses i have bought in the past; right now and in it the teachers are emphasizing on listening to your list i.e. times of day your list is most responsive.


            MY QUESTION
            if you just put down on your landing page or your first email the time of the day you will be sending them an email, dont you think you will get more of a targeted consumer. For instance if i'm driving traffic to my landing page that has an fitness incentive and i state that i will be sending emails out at 9AM US Time (i would state the country to be a little more specific for the consumer)


            what do you think?
            Specifying a time is over thinking the process, the only time you would need to be time specific is if you are sending something like stock tips or forex tips

            al
            Signature

            A bar of iron cost $5. Made into horseshoes, it's worth $12. Made into needles, it's worth $3500. Made into balance springs for watches, it's worth $300,000. Your value is determined by what you are able to make of yourself

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8940268].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author OfficerIM
              Originally Posted by agmccall View Post

              Specifying a time is over thinking the process, the only time you would need to be time specific is if you are sending something like stock tips or forex tips

              al
              What im trying to say is that, don't you think you would get a much more dedicated and committed consumer rather than just going to for bulk. Thats wy i felt using fitness as an example would be better because people who are committed to staying fit usually train early. I get up at 3 in the morning to exercise and don't stop usually till 7.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8940291].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author IanM723
                Originally Posted by OfficerIM View Post

                What im trying to say is that, don't you think you would get a much more dedicated and committed consumer rather than just going to for bulk. Thats wy i felt using fitness as an example would be better because people who are committed to staying fit usually train early. I get up at 3 in the morning to exercise and don't stop usually till 7.
                I think you could certainly give this a try as I can follow your reasoning. As to whether or not that will actually convert into higher open and CTR's I am not really sure and I think the only way to know that would be to split test it against sending your emails at random times.

                But I think the main point is that really the content is much more important than the actual time you send it out. Focus on the content because that will really be the deciding factor in terms of how many people actually open your emails.

                Good Luck!
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8940677].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bradley525
      Originally Posted by Rory Singh View Post

      Making money with just a landing page?

      Works well for me!

      I get overwhelmed very easy. There are many people telling new people to make an overwhelming list of about 20 things you 'need' to do before you can make any money.

      Then they tell you that it is very hard.

      Having the mindset that it has to be hard is just a conditioned mindset based on years of collective thinking from society.

      If you truly believe that this process is hard, it will surely be.

      But if you 'enjoy' what ever marketing method that you choose, it won't be hard, it will be fun.

      I just drive 'targeted' traffic into a lead capture page and then into a 'highly' converting marketing system.

      And I try to keep it simple.

      Statistics show that over 97 percent fail in this industry.

      These people haven't failed, most don't even get started because they get burn't out with all the stuff that they think they have to do.

      No wander.
      I completely agree. When I first started I came close to just giving up. I'm still a newby about 18mo online, but that first year was hell. I just said the hell with 20 steps and just focused on one at a time. I started doing solo's to build my list, and I work my hardest to give them quality content, then I promote to my list. Now what's hard about that. I'm having fun. The only thing I remember and use from all the crap my former mentor told me is take care of your list and they will take care of you..
      Amen..
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9112295].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gknugurlu
    All is up to you. Conversion is something that you have to manage. You can have loads of traffic, but if you are not able to convert this traffic into money, then this is considered to be a problem from your side. In the opposite, if you manage to convert this traffic into money, then you will be the winner. Try not to be spammy. Write well your follow up messages, try not to directly offer products in your mails, mention about a product and send them to the introduction page. Because now it's considered to be spam (well known companies in the market) when you directly offer buy this, don't miss etc... Your site should be catchy in order your visitors to subscribe. Then you should attract them with your follow up messages to make the conversion. If you do these then your only problem is traffic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8940194].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author praXant
    Yes, But You Have to drive traffic to your Landing page
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8940682].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sarevok
    It's not that easy.

    Anyone can throw a lame-ass squeeze page (or landing page... whatever) together and start driving traffic.

    But how do your offers convert on the front AND the back?

    Do your subscribers stick around?

    Do they like you?

    Do they click your stuff?

    Do they actively (or passively) "opt-out" ?

    It's a real science.

    And an art.

    But definitely possible...

    If you know your numbers. (And your subscribers).

    Seems simple enough right?

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8940704].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KevinW
    Good page + traffic = money. As mentioned above, the key is traffic. If you have quality traffic and a good offer on your page it will work for you.
    Signature
    FREE Squeeze Page Guide: - A How To Guide Including Setup, Resources, & Google Adwords

    Squeeze Page Software & Hosting - Instantly setup effective & unlimited pages.

    Discount Travel Search Engine - Bookmark this site & save big on your travel.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8940788].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JessicaWatson014
    To make money from landing page you need attractive landing page for your product like product offer, review about product...
    Drive good traffic to your page will automatically increase your business goal(money).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9110053].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Melissahoster
    Banned
    Originally Posted by OfficerIM View Post

    I have 3 main questions
    - is it worth the conversion rates
    - is it really this simple
    - e-course or video course


    - throw up a landing page, detail what im offering and who it is for, get the person to subscibe for an e-book
    - i will have follow up news letters lets say like 3 or 4 and then on the 4th or 5th one suggest a product
    Making money IS NEVER EASY. Focus on building a long lasting relationship with your list and you wouldn't have to worry about the money.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9110122].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Max Anderson
    Originally Posted by OfficerIM View Post


    - throw up a landing page, detail what im offering and who it is for, get the person to subscibe for an e-book
    - i will have follow up news letters lets say like 3 or 4 and then on the 4th or 5th one suggest a product
    In short, yes.

    However, I would suggest the product starting in the first email while still providing value.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9110428].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Stuart Walker
    Originally Posted by OfficerIM View Post

    I have 3 main questions
    - is it worth the conversion rates
    - is it really this simple
    - e-course or video course


    - throw up a landing page, detail what im offering and who it is for, get the person to subscibe for an e-book
    - i will have follow up news letters lets say like 3 or 4 and then on the 4th or 5th one suggest a product
    Despite what a lot of people tell you (many of them trying to sell you something / get you to join their list) it is NOT that easy.

    Sure it's possible to set up just a landing page with a free give away, drive some traffic, then send some follow up emails with promos and make money but chances are you will NOT make any cash.

    It's a flawed method that everyone is trying to do an 99% are failing from.

    Here's why it's flawed...

    The people you are driving to your squeeze page have no idea who you are, no relationship with you, have built up no trust.

    They find themselves on your page and they see a FREE offer.

    They think "well it's free, so why not?" but they aren't stupid they've been burned before by being asked to enter their email for an "AMAZING FREE OFFER" then being spammed to death.

    So if they do decide to opt in they'll probably stick in a secondary email they don't check too much or grab the freebie and then instantly unsubscribe.

    Assuming their real email and don't opt out straight away you're chances of getting them to open follow up emails are still not good.

    Many will never get round to checking out your free report / whatever. It will gather digital dust on their hard drive.

    When something is free people don't see much value in it and rarely take action - it was free they don't care about it.

    So even if it was incredible they won't know.

    Which means they still have no relationship or trust with you.

    So when those follow up emails and promo mails turn up in their email client (again assuming it's to an email they even check) they might not remember who you are and why you are emailing, they probably won't care what you have to say (no relationship), chances are they will delete or mark spam.

    Your chances of them clicking, taking action, and buying are SLIM!

    They just don't care to receive your emails in most instances.

    So....do you still think it's easy?


    Do things properly and build your list around a PAID product, blog, content rich site or paid service.

    Where people opt in AFTER you've built a relationship and trust with them.

    Where you have delivered value UP FRONT which has caused the person to opt in to receive more.

    This is how you build a responsive list that opens, clicks, takes action and buys.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9111527].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SolFood
      Originally Posted by Stuart Walker View Post

      Despite what a lot of people tell you (many of them trying to sell you something / get you to join their list) it is NOT that easy.

      Sure it's possible to set up just a landing page with a free give away, drive some traffic, then send some follow up emails with promos and make money but chances are you will NOT make any cash.

      It's a flawed method that everyone is trying to do an 99% are failing from.

      Here's why it's flawed...

      The people you are driving to your squeeze page have no idea who you are, no relationship with you, have built up no trust.

      They find themselves on your page and they see a FREE offer.

      They think "well it's free, so why not?" but they aren't stupid they've been burned before by being asked to enter their email for an "AMAZING FREE OFFER" then being spammed to death.

      So if they do decide to opt in they'll probably stick in a secondary email they don't check too much or grab the freebie and then instantly unsubscribe.

      Assuming their real email and don't opt out straight away you're chances of getting them to open follow up emails are still not good.

      Many will never get round to checking out your free report / whatever. It will gather digital dust on their hard drive.

      When something is free people don't see much value in it and rarely take action - it was free they don't care about it.

      So even if it was incredible they won't know.

      Which means they still have no relationship or trust with you.

      So when those follow up emails and promo mails turn up in their email client (again assuming it's to an email they even check) they might not remember who you are and why you are emailing, they probably won't care what you have to say (no relationship), chances are they will delete or mark spam.

      Your chances of them clicking, taking action, and buying are SLIM!

      They just don't care to receive your emails in most instances.

      So....do you still think it's easy?


      Do things properly and build your list around a PAID product, blog, content rich site or paid service.

      Where people opt in AFTER you've built a relationship and trust with them.

      Where you have delivered value UP FRONT which has caused the person to opt in to receive more.

      This is how you build a responsive list that opens, clicks, takes action and buys.
      Lots of good advice in this post. Building trust and relationships are the principles of branding. I have bought plenty of products because I trusted the seller. Try to look past the moment and think in a long term business plan.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9111797].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nicholasb
    All I do is setup a lead capture page, create a thank you page, create some follow up emails and send traffic everyday.

    Works great for me.

    It's all about putting the right offer in front of the right audience, and using an automated follow up system. It dies't need to be anymore complicated than that
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9111803].message }}
    • If it was all easy then Warrior Forum wouldnt exist

      Yes the steps are easy but being repetitive and consistent is the hardwork.

      Everyone above has given great feedback from their own experiences and nothing is worth doing if you dont do it well.
      Signature
      Need a Coach to generate leads and TRIPLE your online business income?
      Let me Inspire and Empower You!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9111847].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sarevok
    It's definitely feasible to make cash with just a "landing page".

    But that's like me saying it's possible to catch a 20 pound rainbow trout with just a hook.

    There's more to it than that.

    You require both tactics and strategy.

    :]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9112029].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author celente
    the most single thing we spedn time on optin pages, and making sure we get them converting as high as possible.

    Its the opposite to what everyone else is doing!

    Seriously if I was to tell a newbie to wake up and invest time in something, its to create an optin page that works, and gets a nice high coversion rate!!!!

    WHY?

    its simply because this is how we make a truckload of money, OPTIN PAGE > OFFER > FOLLOW UP = $$$$ Then UPSELL THE BUYERS LIST = MORE $$$$$

    I agree, many people make things too complicated, when you can set up what I just told you within 48 hours and drive FREE TRAFFIC and or PAID traffic and be making money a day or so later.

    Its simple, but people spend time doing the wrong things.

    You should be waking up in the morning and thinking MORE LEADS, MORE LEADS, as the more leads we produce each day the more business we do, and more profits we make!

    Without leads, most businesses die a slow death. Think about it.

    The big businesses you see out there, are not blogging, or using facebook, they are building leads, and selling to those leads by sending message every day. Its just how it is done. It is easy to set up, yet people make it hard, and are lazy!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9118621].message }}

Trending Topics