Top 20 Clickbank Products - are they worth promoting?

36 replies
Top 20 ClickBank Products | CyberCoder Databases and Scripts

Highest gravity products on CB.

In my IM experience, although I have been Warned many times to steer clear
of high competition products, the reality is that this list of products has produced
by far the most sales for me as compared to other Clickbank offers. High gravity
can often be the result of products that have great copywriting on the sales pages,
sharp video presentations and slick marketing pitches.

Do you have an opinion on high gravity products? Do you tend to avoid them, owing
to high competition? Does high gravity usually mean better quality or is it possible
that CB stats have been artificially inflated?
#clickbank #products #promoting #top #worth
  • Profile picture of the author CpvTrafficPro
    They are on top for a reason, but keep in mind with all that promotion there is most likely a lot of competition ... that's why most people say stay away from them
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8944235].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jeff Lenney
    They're on top because they're popular - why NOT promote them, they obviously convert well. I make most of MY clickbank money from top gravity products - it's easier!
    Signature

    Too lazy to write something clever here, so check out my marketing blog and learn from a REAL Super Affiliate at JeffLenney.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8944247].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author David Braybrooke
      Originally Posted by eljeffe77 View Post

      They're on top because they're popular - why NOT promote them, they obviously convert well. I make most of MY clickbank money from top gravity products - it's easier!
      I tend to agree with you Eljeffe77. There may be more competition but there are also ALOT of people, looking to buy, online at any one moment. When I try selling medium gravity products, my sales figures are still fairly dismal. Switch back to high, and I make another quick 14 sales, CB stats inform. Maybe the proof are in the numbers rather than the warnings?
      Signature
      "The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline luggage." - Mark Russell
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8944281].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    Yeah they're worth promoting.... only if you know how to sell them. If you dont know how to sell anything.... then promoting a #500 ranked product in a small niche won't help you either.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8944347].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author David Braybrooke
      Originally Posted by Randall Magwood View Post

      Yeah they're worth promoting.... only if you know how to sell them. If you dont know how to sell anything.... then promoting a #500 ranked product in a small niche won't help you either.
      Would that be an example of stating the obvious, perhaps? One time, I chucked up a few tweets of the #1 listed product. And made sales ... A bit random, a bit successful. Life is so unfair!
      Signature
      "The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline luggage." - Mark Russell
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8944361].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Outofluck
    High gravity could mean a number of things. But, since every potential customer must visit the vendors sales page before purchase, it is probably a good indication that it is a good well-written page.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8944532].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author AffiliatingAlan
      for authority sites yes

      for sites made solely for that product, no, you'll die in the SERPs
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8944547].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author AffiliatingAlan
      Originally Posted by Outofluck View Post

      High gravity could mean a number of things. But, since every potential customer must visit the vendors sales page before purchase, it is probably a good indication that it is a good well-written page.
      Lol the ****? High gravity only means one thing. How many different individuals are selling the product.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8944551].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Outofluck
        Originally Posted by AffiliatingAlan View Post

        Lol the ****? High gravity only means one thing. How many different individuals are selling the product.
        Lol no s**t! But what does that tell you? Does it tell you how those individuals are converting? Nope. Does it tell you if they are preselling or direct linking? Nope. Does it tell you if they're paying for traffic or driving free traffic to the vendor? Nope. Does it tell you if the vendor, themselves, had a huge launch which would cause more affiliates to promote it? Nope. Therefore, high gravitydoesn't tell you much because high gravity could mean a number of things. Sorry, I guess I was critically thinking it out instead of the obvious, which is the # of individuals who are selling the product.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8974272].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Adie
    I do not consider gravity when promoting a product. The higher the gravity, the bigger the competition.
    Signature



    Moderator's Note: You're only allowed to put your own products or sites in your signature.

    Signature edited.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8944573].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author gluckspilz
      Originally Posted by Adie View Post

      I do not consider gravity when promoting a product. The higher the gravity, the bigger the competition.
      The bigger the competition indicates how well the product converts.
      Signature
      Free Case Study: How I Generated $680.79 With 'Sneak Promotion'

      Click Here To Watch The Free Case Study (No Optin Required)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8944634].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Tamalkrishna
        Top gravity products always do well. Because those are popular. People tend to buy these products more than others. But, in my experience, i would suggest you to choose a product which is good enough and you have good knowledge base about it.

        It depends a lot on how you are going to promote the products. If you promote it to the right people in the right way, you will definitely be successful.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8944915].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author David Braybrooke
          Originally Posted by Tamalkrishna View Post

          Top gravity products always do well. Because those are popular. People tend to buy these products more than others. But, in my experience, i would suggest you to choose a product which is good enough and you have good knowledge base about it.

          It depends a lot on how you are going to promote the products. If you promote it to the right people in the right way, you will definitely be successful.
          Thanks Tamalkrishna,

          I think high gravity products can give you a bit of a leg-up in a promotional sense as they are often so well compiled and copywritten that they can almost ... sell themselves.
          Many of the top products have great promotional tools for serious affiliates. Email swipes, banners, blog articles etc, professionally written and split-tested. It makes the sales process so much easier in many instances.
          Signature
          "The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline luggage." - Mark Russell
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8945301].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author heavysm
            I've promoted low and high gravity products and it's all about how you presell it. It doesn't matter if your prospects have seen the product before, perhaps they weren't educated properly on how it could benefit their lives.

            YOU need to be the one that lets them know why their lives are better off with that product. Effective presell is the name of the game here whether you're doing email marketing, SEO, PPC or whatever.

            Gravity often tells me how much money went into making the product look good (not always the case) but I am ultimately the master of what I do and don't sell.

            I feel people put too much importance on that single metric, but that's just me.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8945539].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author heavysm
            Originally Posted by David Braybrooke View Post

            Thanks Tamalkrishna,

            I think high gravity products can give you a bit of a leg-up in a promotional sense as they are often so well compiled and copywritten that they can almost ... sell themselves.
            Many of the top products have great promotional tools for serious affiliates. Email swipes, banners, blog articles etc, professionally written and split-tested. It makes the sales process so much easier in many instances.
            This is sometimes the smoothest way to go. Find a product that makes you almost want to buy it then presell it so that when presented to your prospect they just have to get it.

            These situations are tasty for the fact that you're piggybacking on effective product creation/ sales promotion methods. By learning effective and highly persuasive presell strategies consider yourself a beast affiliate.

            Learning effective presell is a skill though. Don't be a afraid to split test to see what works for you rather than using what's "supposedly" worked for others.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8945554].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author onSubie
        Originally Posted by gluckspilz View Post

        The bigger the competition indicates how well the product converts.

        Not really. A product that converts at 1% and has 1000 people selling would have a gravity of 900.

        But a product that converts at 80% and has 10 people selling would have a gravity of 9.

        Would you rather be in a competitive market (1,000 affiliates) selling a product that converts at 1%, or in a lower competition market (10 affiliates) with a product that converts at 80%?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8946169].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Moneymaker2012
    well i am new on clickbank and i consider to middle gravity level not extremely high and not extremely low it give you better result.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8945568].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author raywarrior1978
      I promoted them before but they hardly convert. maybe because they are so saturated. You should try a different affiliate platform
      Signature

      Affiliate Links are not allowed!

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8946022].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Vikram73
    Gravity is confusing and can be at times meaningless. One product might have three high quality affiliates driving thousands of sales (low gravity) and another could have an army of affiliates throwing up junk reviews of the product that drive up gravity but overall just not convert well.

    I promote Venus Factor (gravity >500) and also some stuff in the single digit gravity ranges. I just care about conversion rates.

    It's just about conversion. You need to measure how well things convert and what converts and scale up what's working and let go of what's draining your $$.

    Conversion isn't sexy but it's how you make money online.

    I'd worry more about the quality of your site, landing pages, pre-sell content and how you plan on monetizing that sale further once they bought the CB product than I would about gravity.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8974999].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike Hill
    Originally Posted by David Braybrooke View Post

    Top 20 ClickBank Products | CyberCoder Databases and Scripts

    Highest gravity products on CB.

    In my IM experience, although I have been Warned many times to steer clear
    of high competition products, the reality is that this list of products has produced
    by far the most sales for me as compared to other Clickbank offers. High gravity
    can often be the result of products that have great copywriting on the sales pages,
    sharp video presentations and slick marketing pitches.

    Do you have an opinion on high gravity products? Do you tend to avoid them, owing
    to high competition? Does high gravity usually mean better quality or is it possible
    that CB stats have been artificially inflated?
    David,

    According to ClickBank Marketplace feed those are not the top 20 products.

    Some companies charge for this data but it's free right on the CB website here: https://support.clickbank.com/entrie...rketplace-Feed

    You'll notice the top product is a singing product.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8975397].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Harvey Segal
      Originally Posted by Mike Hill View Post

      According to ClickBank Marketplace feed those are not the top 20 products.

      Some companies charge for this data but it's free right on the CB website here: https://support.clickbank.com/entrie...rketplace-Feed

      You'll notice the top product is a singing product.
      The Marketplace feed is not giving you any extra data to that in the visible Marketplace.

      The singing product is the most 'popular' product only in a specific category - Arts and Entertainment.

      Popularity is not defined.



      .
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8975419].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Mike Hill
        Originally Posted by Harvey Segal View Post

        The Marketplace feed is not giving you any extra data to that in the visible Marketplace.

        The singing product is the most 'popular' product only in a specific category - Arts and Entertainment.

        Popularity is not defined.



        .

        Ah, seen... So, if I go to CB marketplace and click on the search function without inputting any keyword are those the top current products then?

        1. Venus Factor
        2. Teds Woodworking Plans
        3. Kick-Butt cellulite
        4. Tao Of Bad-a.s.s
        5. Get Cash for surveys
        etc...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8975432].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Wayne
          Originally Posted by Mike Hill View Post

          Ah, seen... So, if I go to CB marketplace and click on the search function without inputting any keyword are those the top current products then?

          1. Venus Factor
          2. Teds Woodworking Plans
          3. Kick-Butt cellulite
          4. Tao Of Bad-a.s.s
          5. Get Cash for surveys
          etc...
          The default sort option on Clickbank is 'popularity', so these would be the most popular products. You can also search without using any keywords and use their other sort options also. If you want to search the whole marketplace by avg $/sale, initial $/sale, avg %/sale, Average rebill total, avg %/rebill, or gravity (in addition to popularity) you can do so by leaving the keyword field blank and using the sort options.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8976314].message }}
  • Wow, looks like the old Snitz crowd is trickling into this thread. Wish I still had my username from those days. Well, here's my 2 cents.

    Gravity is funny because it is a beautiful and mysterious measurement that apparently works well for CB.

    What often makes it tricky is what I call 'starburst super affiliates' that I believe skew the numbers. I know a few and was lucky enough to have it happen to me once several years ago. A product with a medium gravity skyrockets to the top of the charts due to the actions of one to five affiliates (a few people always see what is going on and copy it).

    These affiliates are experienced and all have lists that do fairly well but once in a blue moon they find an odd and clever technique that works like magic. It isn't 'dumb luck' because they are trying so many things and one eventually hits really big.

    Now, this is a perfect storm. The moment, the product, the pitch and the unique technique all come together in this amazing combination. I won't divulge the secrets of others but here is a brief summary of my story (it happened quite a few years ago).

    I happened upon a somewhat popular product at CB and did some searching. It turned out that there were thousands of people looking for a free download of it. Being a developer, I wrote a program that was a very basic version of the product that got people to invest time trying to see if this was like what they were trying to get. My program was simply a glorified sales funnel to the CB product and back in those days I was able to get it quickly loaded onto all the major freeware and download sites like download.com etc. and hundreds of less popular ones.

    Now when people searched for an illicit free copy, listings of my program dominated page one in Goog. Sometimes, every item on page one (I chose my keyword riddled descriptions carefully).

    So these are people looking for a free copy. Why would I bother trying to sell to them?

    It turned out that this product was very good at keeping free copies hard to find and actively patrolled for them and shut them down as quick as they appeared. The people searching eventually had their desire built up so strongly from constantly chasing this goal of getting it for free so it made it even more attractive to them and they would finally give up and pay for it. I was usually the last cookie when they were ready to pay

    I made a lot of money but after a year or so the product ran into serious legal trouble and I dismantled my operation shortly before they were forced to shutdown.

    A few important takeaways.

    CB ALWAYS paid me on time.

    Being wildly successful is not all martinis by the pool. It gets you a lot of attention in the form of hate and people trying to take a piece of your action. These comes in emails, phone calls and even people approaching you in public. It includes empty but annoying legal threats, disturbing personal threats and downright stalking by strangers from all over the world. This is not just my experience but is common with all the super affiliates that I know personally who have had huge successes.

    High gravity CB products are easy to try to sell but they require 'expert level' affiliate marketing to go big and you need to get some experience before attempting a large score with them. The best thing to do in order to learn how it all works is to develop a trusting relationship with super affiliates and they may let you see what is behind the curtain. I'm a developer so it is easy for me to build mutually beneficial relationships with them.

    Sure, you might hit the lottery and get lucky with a link that you put up on a website or in your social media. Typically, though, there is a tremendous amount of detailed work and preperation to do before you even make your hoplink public.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8975476].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tamalkrishna
    Originally Posted by David Braybrooke View Post

    Top 20 ClickBank Products | CyberCoder Databases and Scripts

    Highest gravity products on CB.

    In my IM experience, although I have been Warned many times to steer clear
    of high competition products, the reality is that this list of products has produced
    by far the most sales for me as compared to other Clickbank offers. High gravity
    can often be the result of products that have great copywriting on the sales pages,
    sharp video presentations and slick marketing pitches.

    Do you have an opinion on high gravity products? Do you tend to avoid them, owing
    to high competition? Does high gravity usually mean better quality or is it possible
    that CB stats have been artificially inflated?
    High gravity products sell really well and this is the reason why they make the most amount of money. I have been an affiliate marketer for last 5 years and have promoted a lot of ClickBank products. I must say that high gravity products can make you the most amount of money. You just have to reach the right kind of audience who are interested in such products. Usually high gravity products are of good quality. However, there may be exceptions.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8975631].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Harvey Segal
      Originally Posted by Mike Hill View Post

      Ah, seen... So, if I go to CB marketplace and click on the search function without inputting any keyword are those the top current products then?

      1. Venus Factor
      2. Teds Woodworking Plans
      3. Kick-Butt cellulite
      4. Tao Of Bad-a.s.s
      5. Get Cash for surveys
      etc...
      Yes these would be the most 'popular' products across the whole of the Marketplace

      .
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8975703].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author myob
      Originally Posted by Tamalkrishna View Post

      High gravity products sell really well and this is the reason why they make the most amount of money.
      This widely held belief is incorrect. Gravity has no direct correlation to how well the product is selling nor the amount of money being made. This metric can be inflated for example simply by the number of affiliates buying the product for themselves. It may seem counter-intuitive, but many low gravity products are producing fortunes for the more savvy affiliate marketers.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8976471].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author David Braybrooke
        Originally Posted by myob View Post

        This widely held belief is incorrect. Gravity has no direct correlation to how well the product is selling nor the amount of money being made. This metric can be inflated for example simply by the number of affiliates buying the product for themselves. It may seem counter-intuitive, but many low gravity products are producing fortunes for the more savvy affiliate marketers.
        Interesting point. May we ask what these fortune making low gravity products are then please?
        Signature
        "The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline luggage." - Mark Russell
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8977884].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author myob
          Originally Posted by David Braybrooke View Post

          Interesting point. May we ask what these fortune making low gravity products are then please?
          There's literally thousands of such gems on Clickbank. Note that actual product sales figures are not published. I have done astoundingly well over the years by looking for low gravity (I prefer <5) products in hot niches such as Business/Investing, Green Products, Health & Fitness, Home & Garden, Politics/Current Events, Sports, Travel, etc.

          The reason I prefer low gravity products is that they are often new on the market and also relatively untarnished by nefarious and/or amateur marketers. In addition, I would never promote a Clickbank product without first assessing the product and sales process by purchasing it.

          You may also consider using a product selection "checklist" contributed by another very successful Clickbank affiliate - Alexa Smith: http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ml#post1981197
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8978385].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author karolk
    This list is the real deal. For me, one of the products from this list was how originally got started in affiliate marketing. I just picked something that was huge on gravity, set up a simple landing page, did some spying around on Google AdWords, copied someone else's ads (the ones that have been around for a while) ... and that's it. Within hours I was profitable.

    Those products are popular for a reason.

    And thinking about competition as competition is a bad approach. Think of it this way, if there are a hundred guys profiting from a single offer then what stops you from being the 101st?
    Signature

    You know what, I won't try to lead you in with fake promises and false advertising. So let me just be honest. If you're looking for some online business advice for normal people (with no hype and constant product pushing) then hop over to newinternetorder.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8975830].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mrgoe
    I`m having a lot of success with top products but I seem to earn more from mid ones, and they cost less to advertise and get traffic to
    Signature
    I Use SiteGround For Hosting
    And SpinRewriter For Unlimited, Unique Content.
    Try Them
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8978035].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Janusz17172
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8978113].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Hill
      Originally Posted by Janusz17172 View Post

      Hey David!
      Selling products even from Clickbank can be amazing income stream when it comes about huge commissions.. of course if you know how. Alec in my team made 1000$ in one day never having success before and struggling long long time. Why? He got the correct trainng that is suitable for all MLM`s. If you want more here you go with my email: [REMOVED!!!]

      Nice try troll... ClickBank has nothing to do with your MLM spam comment.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8978338].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author drewx
    I'm glad I saw this thread... I was having a slow week with clickbank and and sent that survey offer in the number 2 spot to my list this morning... not bad so far!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8979001].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8979043].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author irfanmau
      clickbank products with high gravity is really worth to be promoted, but I avoid making money and weight loss products, because it's too much competitions on there
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8979081].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mhegedus17
    Top 20 products are definitely more competitive, so it depends on your list. I have a list which is full of people who are completely new to IM and so I can promote top 20 products to them because they have never seen it before.

    But if you have a list of people who are familiar with IM, chances are they have already seen that product or even bought it.

    So it depends. But top 20 products are generally the ones that will give you the highest earnings in the long run
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8979068].message }}

Trending Topics