I need help launching this product

11 replies
Greetings Warriors,

I have searched all over and cannot find any threads that answer my questions properly but if I have missed it can you please post the link to me in this thread.

The situation - I have written a 50,000 word non-fiction eBook that talks about the digital world and all its possibilities, aimed at your parents, cousins, brothers and anyone who wants to learn about all of the potential of the internet and need a starting point in easy to understand words.

This isn't a half baked get rich quick eBook, I have spent the good part of 18 months writing this and it is finally at a standard that I am proud of.

My questions (these might sound silly but I want to be sure)
- Can I sell my eBook on the forum via a WSO?
- What is the best method of distributing my book?

I have invested around $2,000 into the book (cover, editing etc.) so I want to get a decent ROI, I am in no rush to publish and want to develop a solid strategy before I launch it.

Any advice will be taken on board.

Thanks in advance guys!
#ebook #forum #launch #sell #wso
  • Profile picture of the author loaf1011
    Hi Michael,

    You can certainly sell it on the forum as a WSO. There are a million other things you can do as far as promotion goes, but here's a few ideas I'd explore if I were you:
    • Amazon Kindle Store
    • Banner advertising on sites like the WF
    • Get interviewed on podcasts
    • Get free PR through HARO
    • Facebook ads
    • List on Clickbank or JVZoo and attract affiliates
    • Find JVs who you can team up with for a successful launch
    • List build through solo ads
    • The list goes on and on!
    Signature
    BRAND NEW for January 2016: Want to grow your business to six-figures in 2016? Take the quiz to see if your business is ready to make six-figures this year!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8992667].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author CliffUK
      hi Michael

      Did I understand the question correctly? Youve got a book (I mean ebook) thats taken 18 months to produce - "about the digital world and all its possibilities, aimed at your parents, cousins, brothers and anyone who wants to learn about all of the potential of the internet and need a starting point in easy to understand words." and you now want to create a marketing strategy?

      Clearly, I've not read your book, but isn't it the wrong way round - dont you identify the target audience and marketing strategy first and only after, create the product to sell to them? I'm curious because your book appears to be aimed at a particular demographic, who are not already familiar with the internet, so marketing online may not bring you the best results. Your audience isn't likely to be looking online for this kind of book.

      I would concentrate your marketing efforts on more traditional printed methods, but add to this online reviews and articles, advertorials, biography etc, about you and your book so it that can be found online if anyone was to pro-actively search for it.

      I hope this is helpful.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8992815].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Michael Ayton
        Thanks for commenting guys,

        Sorry for not providing heaps of detail in my question it was late at night and I skipped a few parts.

        - This book looks at my own experiences online, personal journey and has lots of strategies for absolute beginners but also will provide a lot of value for those who have been doing this for a while, it provides motivation and productivity tips and also touches on mediation etc.

        So lots of different parts and I feel that a lot of people will find real value in this book that will be under $10 and is written in a way that's easy to digest.

        In the reply above I mentioned a launch strategy that I think is the best path, please comment with your thoughts and any changes you would make to it.

        Thanks so much for your help guys, this is why I am such a big fan of the Warrior Forum - provides so much help!
        Signature

        If you can dream it, you can do it - Walt Disney

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8994379].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nieldan
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8992960].message }}
    • No matter how good or even bad a product is, selling something is all about your credibility.

      Does anybody know you? Do they trust you? Do they love you?

      Evreryone has to start somewhere and you have to choose whether to go the paid traffic or the free traffic way.

      Either or you will still need to get your name or brand out there before anybody will buy your ebook even if the value of your ebook is the bible for all internet users and will save humanity.

      For example an inventor or entrepreneur goes on shark tank to convince the sharks to fund their project. Then they start marketing if they get funded.

      I suggest you do the same. You had invested already a lot of money to create the product, now you have to invest as much in order to make yourself an authrority to your audience.

      Not just money but lots of sleepless nights and bonus you can add for free like an excerpt from the book in order for you to compete with thousands of other "saviour of humanity ebooks out there"

      Hope that helps and good luck!
      Signature
      Need a Coach to generate leads and TRIPLE your online business income?
      Let me Inspire and Empower You!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8992983].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lotsofsnow
    Originally Posted by Michael Ayton View Post

    My questions (these might sound silly but I want to be sure)
    - Can I sell my eBook on the forum via a WSO?
    - What is the best method of distributing my book?
    Yes, you surely can sell your book on the forum via a WSO.

    The best way of distributing your book depends on exactly what is in it, how it is written, your abilities, your budget, your time frame.

    There is no one size fits all strategy.

    One possible approach:

    1. publish as WSO and get some feedback
    2. Use that feedback to improve sales approach and product
    3. publish on Kindle and Amazon
    Signature

    Call Center Fuel - High Volume Data
    Delivering the highest quality leads in virtually all consumer verticals.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8993021].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Michael Ayton
      Originally Posted by hpgoodboy View Post

      Yes, you surely can sell your book on the forum via a WSO.

      The best way of distributing your book depends on exactly what is in it, how it is written, your abilities, your budget, your time frame.

      There is no one size fits all strategy.

      One possible approach:

      1. publish as WSO and get some feedback
      2. Use that feedback to improve sales approach and product
      3. publish on Kindle and Amazon
      Thanks for your comment!

      I did a lot of looking around last night and from what I can gather, the follow strategy holds some potential.

      1. list my book in the 'review my product' warrior thread and get feedback and build a list of people interested in my book (maybe give away 50% of the book or something like that)

      2. launch a WSO and sell my book through that way - emailing my list built from the giveaway.

      3. once I feel that the WSO has reached its limits then I can launch on Amazon

      The way I see it is that I get the chance to refine my product, launch it as a WSO and provide a quality product to people who stand to gain real value from it (WF users have a good grasp of the net and its possibilities), then I can use the funds earned from my WSO to launch my eBook on Amazon and show it to the world.

      I have a few media contacts in my local area who are looking to do an article on me which should be good for exposure to the 'mum, dad, grandma' market.

      Does this sound like a viable plan to you guys?
      Signature

      If you can dream it, you can do it - Walt Disney

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8994343].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author actionplanbiz
    create a sales page with killer copy. maybe hire a copywriter
    list it on jvzoo or warriorplus and try to recruit affiliates to promote it
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8994385].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Michael Ayton
      Originally Posted by actionplanbiz View Post

      create a sales page with killer copy. maybe hire a copywriter
      list it on jvzoo or warriorplus and try to recruit affiliates to promote it
      That is the plan

      I intend to hire a copywriter to help me do everything properly and really get across what my product can actually do to help people.

      I haven't skimped out on any costs so far and I don't plan to start now, I am in the process of writing down my affiliate strategy on a notepad - just trying to work out the best ways to do it and learn from other successful IM

      As always, thanks for your comment!
      Signature

      If you can dream it, you can do it - Walt Disney

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8994410].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hustlinsmoke
    Don't forget kindle and amazon also. they will work also for you.
    Launching a product is no different from product to product.
    Its getting the right affiliates on board.

    I have had super affilates fail on some of my products cause there list didn't fit even though we thought they would. I have had small affiliates with small lists get great conversion rates so its a matter of matching up everything.

    Yeah a review copy and putting an ad on warriors for hire will work but really you just get freeby seekers in there wanting everything free. Affiliates check out the section but your better off joining affiliate forums and so forth to get your affilaites.

    Your sales letter, jvpage and all that has to be top notch to get good affilaites, If you come to me and say hey would you market my product I would ask to see your sales page first, tell me you dont have one yet and the conversation will be over.

    Then I want to see the product on a ebook If I see four or five words mispelled in the first page its over. So in other words have your crap together and plan on paying 100 percent if this is your first project. You will build the list and pay them 50 percent on the otos' I hope you have at least two oto's or you will just lose money.

    Good luck and there are alot of free guides on here for launching. I would like to say everyone has there own way and pretty much they work but everything has to fit also.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8994392].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Michael Ayton
      Originally Posted by hustlinsmoke View Post

      Don't forget kindle and amazon also. they will work also for you.
      Launching a product is no different from product to product.
      Its getting the right affiliates on board.

      I have had super affilates fail on some of my products cause there list didn't fit even though we thought they would. I have had small affiliates with small lists get great conversion rates so its a matter of matching up everything.

      Yeah a review copy and putting an ad on warriors for hire will work but really you just get freeby seekers in there wanting everything free. Affiliates check out the section but your better off joining affiliate forums and so forth to get your affilaites.

      Your sales letter, jvpage and all that has to be top notch to get good affilaites, If you come to me and say hey would you market my product I would ask to see your sales page first, tell me you dont have one yet and the conversation will be over.

      Then I want to see the product on a ebook If I see four or five words mispelled in the first page its over. So in other words have your crap together and plan on paying 100 percent if this is your first project. You will build the list and pay them 50 percent on the otos' I hope you have at least two oto's or you will just lose money.

      Good luck and there are alot of free guides on here for launching. I would like to say everyone has there own way and pretty much they work but everything has to fit also.
      Thanks Hustlin,

      I plan to launch on Amazons KDP once everything has been tested and I know that it is able to provide genuine value to people - If my name is going to be attached to this book I want it to be of a really high standard and to be able to genuinely help people both newbies and experiences IM.

      I still have a lot to learn about launching a successful affiliate program so I expect this to be the next area of focus for me.

      So what you are saying about the 'review my product' section, is that they are not that likely to purchase the full version on the WSO?

      Thanks for your help and I look forward to your response.
      Signature

      If you can dream it, you can do it - Walt Disney

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8994404].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author unknowncat
    Did you already pitch to "your parents, cousins, brothers and anyone who wants to learn about all of the potential of the internet" and see what their reaction was to both your pitch, and your ebook? I've been in many towns where most folks could use the lessons and I wonder how hungry they'd be for it, and how digestible the info would be. I'm vibing on CliffUks statement that your target market might not be online. Wouldn't warriors in the wso forum already know the level of internet skill your ebook delivers? What about advertising in newspapers where lots of old people live? I heard people used to sell things in the classifieds section, back in the day. Before ebay and amazon and wso and all the potential of the internet. If fact, you might want to put instructions on your sales page for 'how to read an ebook'.
    Signature

    Mastermind Groups Platform .. plantdreams.org .. public beta, partners wanted

    a social network w/ Coaching / Projects / Goals / Habits / Crowdfunding / Team Building / Alt.Payments

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8994853].message }}

Trending Topics