Help with Fantasos?

by SolomonHuey 15 replies
Hi all,

I've been learning how to use Fantasos and ran into a road block.

I'm setting up a package and wanted it to run on a separate domain. However if I try to sign up using an affiliate link, the sale is not being credited to the affiliate. It does work though if I have it hosted on the same site as my fantasos install.

What I'm noticing is that the order button doesn't change to reflect the affiliate ID. Is there a way to fix that?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Solomon Huey
#main internet marketing discussion forum #fantasos #jv manager
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author Lee McIntyre
    Hi Solomon

    You need to...

    1) Parse your links: all the links need to go through some special javascript contained within the helpfiles.

    2) Stamp your pages: you do this by including some special javascript at the top of each page

    3) Setup your affiliate program

    4) Attach the product in question to the affiliate program

    I'm not an expert but give that a try and let me know if it helps.

    Cheers

    Lee McIntyre
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[77991].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author SolomonHuey
      Thanks for the quick response Lee. I'm not finding those javascript codes you're talking about. Where can I find those?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[78089].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Lee McIntyre
        Hi Solomon

        If you look in the Fantasos section of turbocommunity.com I think you'll find them in some of the threads.

        Otherwise log a ticket and John's team will provide them, or if you use a hosted account contact your provider.

        Let me know how you get on.

        Cheers

        Lee McIntyre
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[78127].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author affhelper
          Well, I need to say that I am a little disappointed with the Terms of service that
          John has in place and support for some of the functionality of Fantasos.

          Don't get me wrong, Fantasos is a great script and if you are planning to sell
          using Paypal and 2CO then you will be fine.

          The Fantasos team doesn't allow you to create any instructional videos
          for your affiliates or customers though.

          I was planning on setting up 100% commission payout for one my sites and
          created a Camtasia video showing people how to login, get their affiliate link
          and how to set up their payment processor. Then they made me take it down!
          I was told that the manuals within the system are the only thing they allow, and
          that we need to have them create it for us for a fee of course.

          I had questions regarding setting up Linkpoint and some bug with Authorize.net but
          nobody seems to know anything about it. I contacted the moderator for help and
          was told that they DO NOT have time to do any research on Linkpoint. ( So why even
          offer it as a payment processor if there is no support at all for it????)

          So now I am on the market for a new affiliate script since I do NOT have the freedom
          to create simple instructional videos for my customers and affiliates.

          Just thought I would share my experience.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[79687].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Lee McIntyre
            Originally Posted by affhelper View Post

            Well, I need to say that I am a little disappointed with the Terms of service that
            John has in place and support for some of the functionality of Fantasos.

            Don't get me wrong, Fantasos is a great script and if you are planning to sell
            using Paypal and 2CO then you will be fine.

            The Fantasos team doesn't allow you to create any instructional videos
            for your affiliates or customers though.

            I was planning on setting up 100% commission payout for one my sites and
            created a Camtasia video showing people how to login, get their affiliate link
            and how to set up their payment processor. Then they made me take it down!
            I was told that the manuals within the system are the only thing they allow, and
            that we need to have them create it for us for a fee of course.

            I had questions regarding setting up Linkpoint and some bug with Authorize.net but
            nobody seems to know anything about it. I contacted the moderator for help and
            was told that they DO NOT have time to do any research on Linkpoint. ( So why even
            offer it as a payment processor if there is no support at all for it????)

            So now I am on the market for a new affiliate script since I do NOT have the freedom
            to create simple instructional videos for my customers and affiliates.

            Just thought I would share my experience.
            Hi there

            This is pretty much my exact experience.

            I set up my Fantasos system in Feb and have subsequently sent more than $160k in sales through the script. My problems stem from the fact that, in my personal opinion, the sales process for customers and affiliiates is less than 'smooth'.

            At the time of writing I have several unanswered questions in the support forum from several months ago. I don't know the answer. The forum doesn't seem to know the answer. I'm told to use the forum and not the support desk. Another forum member knew the answer but was told they weren't allowed to create a video showing me!!

            The result is that I've ripped up my affiliate program and just moved to 1shopping cart. It's not perfect, but I personally find the experience for customers and affiliates to be smoother, and it's nice to be able to get fast answers to questions (plus I'm allowed to make training videos for customers and affiliates).

            Fantasos is a fantastic script but not being able to create instructional videos was the final straw for me. I've been selling over 1,000 items per month through the system, and subsequently receiving a LOT of support tickets that could be dealt with proactively if I were allowed to create video instructions about how to interact with the system.

            Had I been allowed to create videos to explain the system I could have continued to try to make it work for me. Anyway, this is just my experience.

            Cheers

            Lee McIntyre
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[79727].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author SolomonHuey
              Wow very informative, thanks for the info guys. I couldn't find anything in the forum regarding that and I already sent a request for support. I guess we'll see what the final results are on that.

              I know they are very protective of their intellectual property, but I do feel it crosses the line when it's something that can enhance their program.

              I really wanted to take advantage of the script so I could manage several websites though a single back end. However the main key is I want each site on it's own domain for strategic reasons. If the affiliate program is not working though, then the sites I wanted to open will be nowhere as profitable.

              Well if anyone is still out there that can help me answer my original issue, please let me know. Thanks!

              Solomon Huey
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[79752].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author affhelper
                Solomon,

                You need to put this code right after the <body> tag on your salespage
                and all pages where the order button is at.

                <script language=javascript src="http://yourdomain.com/FANTASOS_Folder/fantasos_aff.js"></script>

                Then you want to make sure to link properly to the order page like this:

                <script>jvmPrintHref('http://YOUR_ORDER_LINK_HERE','DESCRIPTION_HERE');</script>

                or if you have an image:

                <script>jvmPrintHref('YOUR_ORDER_LINK_HERE','<im g src=http://www.yourdomain.com/orderbutton.gif>');</script>
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[79772].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author John Delavera
              Just for the records:

              - A contextual help is offered inside Fantasos.
              Once can click and read what that page does.

              - 18 manuals are offered inside the Support area.

              - 32 videos are offered inside the Support area

              - Fantasos owners can customize BOTH manuals
              AND videos with their own information for a fee.

              - Fantasos owners can ALSO order their own custom
              manual and/or video.

              - Fantasos owners SHOULD support their customers.

              Those are the facts.

              Yes we do not allow everyone to create documentation
              and if one is caught then his/her license will be deactivated.

              And we do that because

              - Fantasos is updated almost monthly so I want only ONE
              source of information to exist and that information to be
              100% reliable and compatible with the current version.

              - Some people may create good instructional videos but I do
              not think they will bother to maintain them so to reflect the
              current functionalities of Fantasos. Myteam updates ALL
              information EACH time a new version is released and the
              same happens with the customized information we deliver.

              Complaints are fine to be expressed and I do respect everybody's
              opinion, but logic & facts must prevail.

              Even if one says "But I want to offer SPECIFIC information to my
              customers and only I know to do that" well... as said, customized
              work is an option too.

              If you do not have access to the Manuals and videos because your
              Support subscription has expired and/or if you do not want to offer
              professional AND OFFICIAL support to your customers and do prefer
              the "I-can-do-it-myself" way, then yes, complaints will always exist,
              but unfortunately rules apply to all.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[79765].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author affhelper
                Originally Posted by John Delavera View Post


                - A contextual help is offered inside Fantasos.
                Once can click and read what that page does.
                John, contextual help while setting up Linkpoint, or Setcom produces
                404 error.

                Originally Posted by John Delavera View Post

                - 18 manuals are offered inside the Support area.

                - 32 videos are offered inside the Support area
                Yes, that's for owners of Fantasos and not my affiliates or customers.


                Originally Posted by John Delavera View Post

                - Fantasos owners can customize BOTH manuals
                AND videos with their own information for a fee.

                - Fantasos owners can ALSO order their own custom
                manual and/or video.

                - Fantasos owners SHOULD support their customers.
                John, with all respect that's just bad business in my opinion. Why do we need
                to pay you to create instructions for our customers or affiliates?

                Originally Posted by John Delavera View Post

                Those are the facts.

                Yes we do not allow everyone to create documentation
                and if one is caught then his/her license will be deactivated.

                And we do that because

                - Fantasos is updated almost monthly so I want only ONE
                source of information to exist and that information to be
                100% reliable and compatible with the current version.

                - Some people may create good instructional videos but I do
                not think they will bother to maintain them so to reflect the
                current functionalities of Fantasos. Myteam updates ALL
                information EACH time a new version is released and the
                same happens with the customized information we deliver.

                Complaints are fine to be expressed and I do respect everybody's
                opinion, but logic & facts must prevail.

                Even if one says "But I want to offer SPECIFIC information to my
                customers and only I know to do that" well... as said, customized
                work is an option too.

                If you do not have access to the Manuals and videos because your
                Support subscription has expired and/or if you do not want to offer
                professional AND OFFICIAL support to your customers and do prefer
                the "I-can-do-it-myself" way, then yes, complaints will always exist,
                but unfortunately rules apply to all.
                I will follow the rules because I want to keep my license, but I am very Upset with your policy.

                I really don't understand how a simple video showing my affiliates how to login and obtain their affiliate link will harm Fantasos image. You say, because Fantasos changes all the time, but the principle always stays the same. They still need to login to Fantasos and obtain their affiliate link right? Is that going to change?

                In fact in my opinion that Policy you have is hurting Fantasos image right now.

                I don't know if there is any other script on the market that would have such policy. I mean come on, a simple video showing people how to use the system?

                There is not a software on the market that would limit something like that.

                That's like Microsoft would say that we cannot create any screen capture video on our Desktop because it shows Windows interface.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[79816].message }}
                • Profile picture of the author Lee McIntyre
                  John,

                  To be clear I think Fantasos is an awesome script, and I appreciate the effort you've put into it's development.

                  I'm certainly not complaining. I paid $2k+ to use the system, and my team invested hundreds of hours learning the ropes, but becuase of the instruction video policy it's not for me.

                  With 1SC I have a simple video showing affiliates how to login and get their links. I have a simple video showing customers how to get their products.

                  Not being able to do this in Fantasos was costing me too much money. I refuse to pay your team to create a 90 second video showing my affiliates how to login to my affiliate system! I'd rather just move systems (which I have done).

                  I still think it's a great system but I have to be able to show JV partners a quick video how to get their links.

                  Lee McIntyre
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[79827].message }}
                  • Profile picture of the author SolomonHuey
                    affhelper: Thanks for the info. I will be sure to try that out.
                    Quickie Update - Worked perfectly, orders passing through to affiliate now. Thanks a ton!

                    John: The support area does cost money, and I don't feel it's fair to charge customers for materials on how to use the software we paid for. I think that is something that should be included with our purchase.

                    I understand production of those materials cost you money, but I feel this should be compensated for in the original purchase price. I personally don't consider the 12 month free access to be enough. Maybe that's just me.

                    I am aware of the help solution inside of the Fantasos install, but it's fairly mild in content and nowhere addresses the problem I encountered.

                    I'll echo the thought that I think Fantasos is fantastic (from what I've learned so far), however I hope you see how some of us are feeling as customers.

                    Lee: If things don't turn out as planned I will definitely consider taking a look at other options. I've heard some good things about 1SC.
                    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[80729].message }}
                    • Profile picture of the author Jay Deiboldt
                      On topic threadjack:

                      Can you integrate Clickbank with JVM, so that it shows in the dropdown menu as a payment option for customers on the order page?
                      Signature

                      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[80782].message }}
                      • Profile picture of the author affhelper
                        Originally Posted by Jason D View Post

                        On topic threadjack:

                        Can you integrate Clickbank with JVM, so that it shows in the dropdown menu as a payment option for customers on the order page?
                        Yes you can.
                        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[82290].message }}
                        • Profile picture of the author Jay Deiboldt
                          Could someone possibly refer me to someone who can do this, or some instructions? I will gladly buy a beer for you
                          Signature

                          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[82557].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Johnny
    Hi Jay Deiboldt

    Warrior Forum goes healthy. No beer for now
    Signature

    ________________________________________

    >>> Real Product Reviews <<<

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[102490].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics