Why do you remove my posts ?

36 replies
Hi,
I'm asking why my posts are removed without informing me !!!
I was asking in my removed posts about a website to improve the quality not to advertise it.
I buy paid ads from big companies
This is a forum and we can ask for this
#posts #remove
  • Profile picture of the author StanHyeck
    I'm not a moderator, so everything I'm about to say is a guess:

    When you have a very low post count you aren't allowed to link in your posts. You're trying to get around that by not actually hyperlinking. There are so many spammers on this board that mods can be quick to yank a post. It helps to keep spammers away (mostly but as you can see they still try).

    Participate in the forum more, get your post count up with GOOD posts and GENUINELY participate in the forum and I bet you'll find your posts stick around.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9057838].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Markstyle
      I see StanHyeck thank you
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9057843].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tonnygarden
      There are several reasons of removing posts without informing like if the content of the post has been copied from someone else post.
      Another reason if someone blocked your content by hacking your ID or Password of blog/article site.
      One more reason is if google filter all the contents so he can be removed some unwanted posts without any information.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9059964].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alex Blades
        If I had a post deleted, I think I should have the right to know why. Giving someone a simple explanation is not that hard.
        Lol, the mods would not have time to sleep if they did all that

        People make mistakes.
        Spam is not a mistake, it is intentional
        Signature
        " I knew that if I failed, I wouldn't regret that.
        But I knew the one thing I might regret is not ever having tried. "

        ~ Jeff Bezos

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9059984].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
          Spam is not a mistake, it is intentional
          Not always, Alex. In this case, I think it was a mistake.

          It can be hard to tell the difference at times. And sometimes it doesn't make any difference. Some stuff can't be allowed no matter how pure the OP's intentions.


          Paul
          Signature
          .
          Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9059990].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Alex Blades
            Originally Posted by Paul Myers View Post

            Not always, Alex. In this case, I think it was a mistake.

            It can be hard to tell the difference at times. And sometimes it doesn't make any difference. Some stuff can't be allowed no matter how pure the OP's intentions.


            Paul
            You are right, it's hard to tell which is genuine and which is just spam. I've notice forum spam now comes in the form of a question. Spammers will ask a question and never come back to that thread, even as many warriors are answering.
            Signature
            " I knew that if I failed, I wouldn't regret that.
            But I knew the one thing I might regret is not ever having tried. "

            ~ Jeff Bezos

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9060001].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wolfmmiii
    Originally Posted by Markstyle View Post

    Hi,
    I'm asking why my posts are removed without informing me !!!
    I was asking in my removed posts about a website to improve the quality not to advertise it.
    I buy paid ads from big companies
    This is a forum and we can ask for this
    Several things wrong here....

    For starters, asking why a post was deleted is a big no-no and could result in a ban. Website review posts in the general forum are not permitted because it's too easy to abuse the privilege in order to get traffic to your site.

    Yes, this IS a forum but you don't get to dictate what we can and cannot ask for. Check out the forum rules before posting again before you find yourself banned.

    I am not a moderator - just a long-time member.
    Signature
    Want a REAL Online Business That's Fun to Run?
    CLICK HERE FOR INFO
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9057850].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author salegurus
      Originally Posted by Fred Williams View Post

      Hmm, for some reason, I really have a problem with that answer.
      Why? What disturbs you about it...
      Signature
      Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

      ― George Carlin
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9058653].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
        Banned
        Originally Posted by Markstyle View Post

        Hi,
        I'm asking why my posts are removed without informing me !!!
        I was asking in my removed posts about a website to improve the quality not to advertise it.
        I buy paid ads from big companies
        This is a forum and we can ask for this
        A moderator has now answered your question pretty well.

        Originally Posted by Fred Williams View Post

        Well, if you have to worry about being banned because you want to know why your post was deleted, that sounds like something straight out a dictatorship playbook to me.

        If I had a post deleted, I think I should have the right to know why. Giving someone a simple explanation is not that hard. People make mistakes.
        The unpaid moderators delete hundreds of posts daily and do not have the time to send sweet little notes to everyone who gets a post deleted. Stick around and participate long enough and you get a feel for what you can do and can't do and yes, it is a dictatorship.

        It's a privately owned forum and one man makes the rules. Doesn't bother me. I find the rules reasonable and in the best interest of the forum. I really don't sweat it when I get a post deleted. Sometimes it happens because an entire thread was deleted and sometimes it happens for other reasons. I do try very hard not to create posts that will be deleted, but I won't lose sleep when one is deleted.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9058867].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
          Banned
          Originally Posted by Fred Williams View Post

          Not really interested in receiving sweet little notes, just an explanation. That's all.
          Simply not possible. Unless you're active in "member moderation" you have no idea the amount of spam posts that moderators have to contend with, and the active member moderators only see a small portion of those. There aren't really a boatload of [real] moderators on this board to deal with all the spam and other violations.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9058952].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Rod Cortez
        Originally Posted by Fred Williams View Post

        Well, if you have to worry about being banned because you want to know why your post was deleted, that sounds like something straight out a dictatorship playbook to me.
        We don't ban people for that, unless it's a pattern or they have a bad history here to begin with.

        If I had a post deleted, I think I should have the right to know why. Giving someone a simple explanation is not that hard. People make mistakes.
        We do it when we can and when it's possible, but as far as having a "right", no, you really don't. We have written rules here as well as some unwritten ones that might take some to get a feel for, but it's not logistically possible to contact every single person who breaks the rules.

        You can't assume that everyone knows the rules, even though they probably should.

        To me that's no different than the police deciding to arrest you simply because you ask them why they pulled you over.
        We don't. We know not everyone knows all the rules. I've been here a long time and I still have to go back and revisit the rules just to refresh myself and to see if there have been any updates.

        RoD
        Signature
        "Your personal philosophy is the greatest determining factor in how your life works out."
        - Jim Rohn
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9058893].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Rod Cortez
          Originally Posted by Fred Williams View Post

          Thanks for adding some clarity to the situation. I can deal with that a little bit better. But as far as me not having rights, well we'll just have to agree to disagree on that one.
          I meant that in the context of this forum, which is privately owned, not rights in general.

          RoD
          Signature
          "Your personal philosophy is the greatest determining factor in how your life works out."
          - Jim Rohn
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9058961].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author cbpayne
        Originally Posted by Fred Williams View Post

        If I had a post deleted, I think I should have the right to know why. Giving someone a simple explanation is not that hard.
        Actually it is hard and always leads to arguments. Most forums owners and mods just prefer to not go down that path.
        You can't assume that everyone knows the rules, even though they probably should..
        Yes everyone does not the rules. When you joined you agreed to them! Do you men you agreed to something that you had not even read? wow?
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9060012].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
          Alex,

          Yeah. The "question spam" is an issue. It's also not always clear, as some folks ask and forget, or get shy about breaking back into their own threads.

          Balance. Best we can hope for.

          cbpayne,
          Do you mean you agreed to something that you had not even read? wow?
          Had an incident recently in which someone bitched me out because he couldn't do something the rules in the relevant section had said he couldn't do for over a year before he paid to try and do it.

          When you are unable to read, we use the word 'illiterate.' Is there a word for 'unwilling to read?'


          Paul
          Signature
          .
          Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9060042].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author LastWarrior
      Originally Posted by Fred Williams View Post


      1.) Hmm, for some reason, I really have a problem with that answer.

      2.) Not really interested in receiving sweet little notes, just an explanation.
      Hello Fred,

      I was going to add a few more quotes from you, but I think you got the jist of it. First of all, sbucciarel deserved more of a "Thank You" instead of an unappreciated reply. She's a strong respected member here and took some of her time to reply to you. Not a bigee, just sayin'.

      As for the #1 up there, I agree 100%. I'd have a problem with that answer too. Since you've been explained the facts, no since in beating a dead horse here as I know you figured things out so far now. Someone did take a snippet of the rules that explained one will not receive an explanation why their post was deleted as it takes too much time. Then there's your side which explains you think if you ask why it was deleted, I agree with that. I think anyone who asks why their post was deleted deserves an explanation. Why? Without one, how would one know what they did wrong, if they did do something wrong, so they won't do it again? And this would apply to an important group, the new members who haven't yet been around long enough to figure it out.

      Take care.

      ===========================

      As for a repeat refresher course of the rules for Everyone, here are two main links that are about the Forum Rules and For New Members below:

      http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...rum-rules.html

      http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...bers-read.html

      Hope that clarifies some things as to the rules.

      LastWarrior
      Signature



      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9059189].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author LastWarrior
        Originally Posted by Fred Williams View Post


        As far as who deserves what from me, I'll be the judge of that.
        Note taken! You're making friends now. People will flock to magnetism such as this.

        LastWarrior
        Signature



        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9059328].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
        Banned
        Originally Posted by Fred Williams View Post

        That is why I would want to know why my post was deleted. If I did something wrong that I did not know about, I would want to know so that I didn't do it again. As far as who deserves what from me, I'll be the judge of that.
        Well, we don't always get what we want. It's already been explained to you why that won't always happen (and I'd say most of the time won't happen) and the rules were quoted saying:

        Don't repost a deleted thread
        Don't post a thread asking why a post was deleted

        This thread is a good example of why that is a rule. It's a time suck for moderators and some people would just continue to argue with a mod about why their post should NOT have been deleted.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9059345].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
          Fred,
          Well, if you have to worry about being banned because you want to know why your post was deleted, that sounds like something straight out a dictatorship playbook to me.
          Y'all're new around here, aincha?

          It's explained quite clearly in the sticky for new members. It boils down to two simple things:

          1. We delete a lot of posts every day, and explaining them all is a huge waste of time. If you can't bother to read the rules, don't expect us to re-type them 600 times a week to make up for your unwillingness to learn.

          2. It generally results in arguments. This would be one of those cases, based on the wording of the OP.

          But hey, if you say it's a dictatorship, it must be. Good sense and the physical limitations imposed by the linear nature of time in this Universe cannot possibly enter into it.

          In this case, the "offending" post wasn't horrible, and I didn't particularly think it was intended to be promotional. We don't usually allow "review this" posts for anything in the online marketing field, simply because they will proliferate rapidly as more people choose to use that as a way to siphon traffic.
          If I had a post deleted, I think I should have the right to know why.
          "Right?" Based on... what?

          The fact that the rules are posted but you didn't feel it appropriate to read them? You have a "right" to demand that we repeat ourselves every time someone chooses to ignore publicly posted guidelines?

          Nah.


          Paul
          Signature
          .
          Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9059429].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Walter Cyclid
    Originally Posted by Markstyle View Post

    Hi,
    I'm asking why my posts are removed without informing me !!!
    I was asking in my removed posts about a website to improve the quality not to advertise it.
    I buy paid ads from big companies
    This is a forum and we can ask for this
    I guess it's like wolfmmiii said. I haven't been a warrior member for long, and I think I already got one of my postings deleted too.

    My guess is that I must have broken a rule somewhere. I can understand why the forum would need a lot of rules to keep things as organized and smooth running as possible.

    I suppose that it also means that with so many rules, it's difficult to remember every single one, so I can kind of also sympathize with the those who wonder why their post was deleted.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9057939].message }}
  • I've had this happen to. You ask for help on your site, but then it seems to be self-serving, and it gets removed. It is sometimes hard to get that right balance.

    Also, FYI to all of you in the thread, you actually ARE a moderator (all members here are).
    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...moderator.html
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9057945].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author StanHyeck
      Originally Posted by Michael Levanduski View Post

      FYI to all of you in the thread, you actually ARE a moderator (all members here are).
      http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...moderator.html
      yeah, and it cracks me up everytime I hear someone say that.

      I'm a moderator that can't delete a thread even if I'm the one that started it.

      I'm a moderator that can't move a thread to a more appropriate board, even if I started it.

      Having the "issue infraction" capability or the "report post" does not a moderator make. It simply allows the actual moderators to quickly determine who is violating rules to take appropriate action.

      Now please don't believe that I'm in anyway complaining about the way it is ... I'm not.

      Giving every member ACTUAL moderator powers would be a nightmare.

      (for the record, the inability to delete a thread I started or to move a thread I started to another board is a tiny bit annoying but it's at best "a tiny bit")
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9058670].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rod Cortez
    Originally Posted by Markstyle View Post

    Hi,
    I'm asking why my posts are removed without informing me !!!
    I was asking in my removed posts about a website to improve the quality not to advertise it.
    I buy paid ads from big companies
    This is a forum and we can ask for this
    The moderators have hundreds of issues to deal with every day, they don't have the time to contact everyone. And when they do, it usually ends up into pointless debates.

    If you want some genuine feedback on a website you need to post it in the Copywriting section. If you post a one or two-liner, "give me feedback", most moderators will probably delete the thread.

    There are over 6 forum-wide moderators as well as moderators that specialize in the sub-forums, along with the owner (Admin).

    You have only 4 posts here and throwing a tantrum isn't a good way to start.

    RoD
    Signature
    "Your personal philosophy is the greatest determining factor in how your life works out."
    - Jim Rohn
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9058796].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rod Cortez
    Originally Posted by Markstyle View Post

    Hi,
    I'm asking why my posts are removed without informing me !!!
    I was asking in my removed posts about a website to improve the quality not to advertise it.
    I buy paid ads from big companies
    This is a forum and we can ask for this
    I removed your post because it was a short post to give you feedback on your website.

    First, you posted it in the Main Discussion Forum, which is not the place for it.

    Secondly, you didn't ask for anything specific.

    Thirdly, you are new here, you may want to add some value to the community before asking for feedback on a website.

    I've never banned anyone for asking why their post or thread was deleted. If I've ever banned someone it was because of how they went about it or if they behaved in an over-the-top manner.

    I'm leaving this thread up so people can understand why your thread was deleted. It wasn't done arbitrarily and there was a reason behind it.

    If we let people come into the Main Discussion Forum to ask for feedback on their websites, it would get abused (and has been in the past),

    I hope that answers your question.

    RoD
    Signature
    "Your personal philosophy is the greatest determining factor in how your life works out."
    - Jim Rohn
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9058820].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BradVert2013
    Originally Posted by Markstyle View Post

    Hi,
    I'm asking why my posts are removed without informing me !!!
    I was asking in my removed posts about a website to improve the quality not to advertise it.
    I buy paid ads from big companies
    This is a forum and we can ask for this
    Did you even read the forum rules?

    5. If your thread is deleted, do not re-post it. Do not post a thread asking why it was deleted. Read the rules, watch how things are done here, and figure it out. This is not complicated stuff.

    6. Remember that threads get deleted for lots of reasons, most of them having no reflection on the original poster. They can be nuked because they're the umpteenth copy of the same discussion in a short period, because they're on topics which too often degenerate into flame wars, because they have nothing to do with making money, because they're pointless, because they tend to drift into bashing, and lots of other reasons.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9058971].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alex Blades
    Yes everyone does not the rules. When you joined you agreed to them! Do you men you agreed to something that you had not even read? wow?
    Most people don't read the rules and terms, but you can't get mad when you get caught breaking them. Not sure why people get so mad, but then again Mod's are the most diabolical evil people
    Signature
    " I knew that if I failed, I wouldn't regret that.
    But I knew the one thing I might regret is not ever having tried. "

    ~ Jeff Bezos

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9060027].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Markstyle
      You can give us an automatic information or explanation but you did not !!!
      For the one who says it's a small post, I tell you that the meaning is transferred even if it's short. Where is the problem so ?!!!!
      I'm adding value to the forum by asking where is the problem ?!!!!
      Read rules this is classical thing
      Please review this kind of behavior
      Thanks for your replies
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9060061].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alex Blades
        Originally Posted by Markstyle View Post

        You can give us an automatic information or explanation but you did not !!!
        For the one who says it's a small post, I tell you that the meaning is transferred even if it's short. Where is the problem so ?!!!!
        I'm adding value to the forum by asking where is the problem ?!!!!
        Read rules this is classical things
        Please review this kind of behavior
        Thanks for your replies
        Dude, why are you being so hostile? it's not that serious

        Thousands of post's and threads get deleted every year, it's as common as as a forum post
        Signature
        " I knew that if I failed, I wouldn't regret that.
        But I knew the one thing I might regret is not ever having tried. "

        ~ Jeff Bezos

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9060065].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
    Like I said... it ends up in arguments.

    Mark, take some time and consider why it might be a poor use of the mods' time to debate with everyone who got their ego in a bunch over something like this.

    Or don't. I'm good with it either way.


    Paul
    Signature
    .
    Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9060068].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bluece
    If your words are spammy or promotional, then they will be removed. I suggest you should read all the points at WarriorForum - Internet Marketing Forums - Forum Rules
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9060108].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
    bluece,

    You mean, the stuff people agree to before they even get to post? Kewl!

    Honestly, though, the main rules are available to read before they sign up. The notion that this stuff is secret or hidden is so ridiculous I have to wonder about folks who can't even get the basics right.


    Paul
    Signature
    .
    Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9060110].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author vickybabe
      Considering this here dictator forum is purely responsible for many, many people making countless amounts of money you would think that people would have a bit more respect for the rules

      Why waste an hour whining when you could be working on your business?
      Signature
      Free Wso: Watch As We Rank A Video On The First Page In 4 Minutes Flat - Get Access Here
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9060152].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dennis Gaskill
    Originally Posted by Paul Myers View Post

    When you are unable to read, we use the word 'illiterate.' Is there a word for 'unwilling to read?'
    I have several choice words for that, but I think I'll keep them to myself.
    Signature

    Just when you think you've got it all figured out, someone changes the rules.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9060171].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alex Blades
      Is there a word for 'unwilling to read?
      Yea, it's called hard headed...
      Signature
      " I knew that if I failed, I wouldn't regret that.
      But I knew the one thing I might regret is not ever having tried. "

      ~ Jeff Bezos

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9060180].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
        Originally Posted by Paul Myers View Post

        Not always, Alex. In this case, I think it was a mistake.

        It can be hard to tell the difference at times. And sometimes it doesn't make any difference. Some stuff can't be allowed no matter how pure the OP's intentions.


        Paul
        Lawyers use the word 'precedent' a lot, and it's an important word in their profession.

        They'll use one judge's or jury's decision as a reason their own judge or jury should do the same thing. Sometimes the link is very tenuous at best.

        Spammers are a lot like lawyers. They'll seize on any prior example of something even similar to what they want to do as a reason they should be able to do their thing.

        Even beyond the whole time-suck problem with mods explaining themselves, there are some things they can't allow (or start) simply to avoid setting a precedent.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9060792].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Paul Myers
          John,
          Spammers are a lot like lawyers.
          Hmmm. I've met honest lawyers, so that may not be a fair comparison.

          Spammers tend to be pretty odd about how they argue their points. As an example, if someone has an offer pulled from the for sale sections of the forum because it involves some sort of spamming, you can reliably bet they'll go looking for anyone else with a similar offer and report them.

          As far as I can figure, they seem to think we won't refuse a bunch of paying customers, so maybe they can get their own offer(s) reinstated. The reaction when we remove the others is similarly predictable. "Huh?"

          They stretch it, though. One guy got an offer pulled that involved scraping email addresses from LinkedIn and he reported an offer for an autoresponder script. Said since it could be used for spam it should also be removed.

          As you say. Tenuous connections.


          Paul
          Signature
          .
          Stop by Paul's Pub - my little hangout on Facebook.

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9060927].message }}

Trending Topics