Are hosting providers here serious about doing business?

13 replies
I have been trying to buy hosting and a domain name from a seller over here and as such have contacted quite a few sellers over here.

Most of them just refuse to answer questions.

To me, that does not say much about them.

Quite obviously, I need to know certain details before I take their service.

But if they are unwilling to answer, to me that is pretty suspicious behaviour - I would definitely not buy from them if they cannot answer what I ask.

There are quite a few hosting sellers here who fit this category.

Sad to say.
#business #hosting #providers #serious
  • Profile picture of the author Demetrius
    If they are refusing to answer your questions, you just avoid them. There are so many good hosting providers available around the web.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9094675].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ricardo Furtado
      Originally Posted by Demetrius View Post

      If they are refusing to answer your questions, you just avoid them. There are so many good hosting providers available around the web.
      Thanks for the tip. Appreciate it.
      Regards
      Signature

      Ricardo Furtado

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9094691].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author w13
    I have had the same situation with you before. But I did some research and found the best and fit hosting provider as i need. Just visit webhostingtalk dot com and you will find any information about which best hosting provider for you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9094713].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ricardo Furtado
      Originally Posted by w13 View Post

      I have had the same situation with you before. But I did some research and found the best and fit hosting provider as i need. Just visit webhostingtalk dot com and you will find any information about which best hosting provider for you.
      Thanks for your advice. Appreciate it.
      Best wishes and regards.
      Signature

      Ricardo Furtado

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9094715].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vishwa
    May I know What is your questions are?
    Signature

    Blogging Tips & Tricks @ https://blogwithvk.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9094721].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kingfish85
    Originally Posted by Ricardo Furtado View Post

    I have been trying to buy hosting and a domain name from a seller over here and as such have contacted quite a few sellers over here.

    Most of them just refuse to answer questions.

    To me, that does not say much about them.

    Quite obviously, I need to know certain details before I take their service.

    But if they are unwilling to answer, to me that is pretty suspicious behaviour - I would definitely not buy from them if they cannot answer what I ask.

    There are quite a few hosting sellers here who fit this category.

    Sad to say.
    Most of them are not "real" hosts, they're kiddies, ametuers etc. If they don't respond, make note of it and move on to a provider that does.

    I mean, at the end of the day, what can you really expect from some of these "companies" selling at the prices they claim to be. Do you really expect to get immediate answers from a company selling a monthly service for $2/mo?

    In all honesty, there's probably 4-5 hosts that have offer threads in the web hosting offers section that are actual web hosts.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9095072].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ricardo Furtado
      Thanks for your tip. Appreciate your advice as usual.
      Best wishes and regards.


      Originally Posted by Kingfish85 View Post

      Most of them are not "real" hosts, they're kiddies, ametuers etc. If they don't respond, make note of it and move on to a provider that does.

      I mean, at the end of the day, what can you really expect from some of these "companies" selling at the prices they claim to be. Do you really expect to get immediate answers from a company selling a monthly service for $2/mo?

      In all honesty, there's probably 4-5 hosts that have offer threads in the web hosting offers section that are actual web hosts.
      Signature

      Ricardo Furtado

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9095109].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Epic New Media
    Definitely a bad sign if they're not open to answering your questions.

    Like others have said, just keep away from them and don't waste any more of your time trying to give them your money. Says a lot if they're not snatching your money from you and signing you up instantly.
    Signature
    Epic - Digital Marketing and Design Agency focused on Results.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9095080].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ricardo Furtado
      Thanks for the advice.
      Best wishes and regards.


      Originally Posted by Epic New Media View Post

      Definitely a bad sign if they're not open to answering your questions.

      Like others have said, just keep away from them and don't waste any more of your time trying to give them your money. Says a lot if they're not snatching your money from you and signing you up instantly.
      Signature

      Ricardo Furtado

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9095123].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author loedown
    You can live chat with most hosts... What questions are you asking that they refuse to answer? If you're going with a shared host and asking if you can load 1000000 sites and not ever be suspended, I'm sure most front line support agents would shy away from that question
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9100176].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ricardo Furtado
      Originally Posted by loedown View Post

      You can live chat with most hosts... What questions are you asking that they refuse to answer? If you're going with a shared host and asking if you can load 1000000 sites and not ever be suspended, I'm sure most front line support agents would shy away from that question
      Hmmmm..wonder who would ask such a query???
      Regards
      Signature

      Ricardo Furtado

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9100215].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Ricardo Furtado
      Originally Posted by loedown View Post

      You can live chat with most hosts... What questions are you asking that they refuse to answer? If you're going with a shared host and asking if you can load 1000000 sites and not ever be suspended, I'm sure most front line support agents would shy away from that question
      Hmmm...wonder who would ask this???
      Regards
      Signature

      Ricardo Furtado

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9100222].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author micksss
    The only WF member that runs a web hosting company that I would recommend checking out is run by kingfish85: View Profile: Kingfish85
    Signature
    Web Hosting Reviews ► www.CastironHosting.com ◄ Read or Submit Feedback on Web Hosts.
    Web Hosting Coupons, Deals & Promos!

    Need a Virtual Private Server? www.VPSPlan.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9105490].message }}

Trending Topics