So I'm in a bit of a dilemma right now. I'm typing this out before I go to sleep so I can get some advice overnight
I used to be a very heavy Site Build It! (SBI) user and earned about $3,000 a month with seven SBI sites (expensive as they charge $299 a year for each site) .
But my sites were mostly hit by Panda / Penguin in Apr 2012, and I also got banned from Adsense. I'm but am now very lost in terms of focus.
I have a day job and each night I come back to struggle with my online business - feeling very lost. And it's taking its toll on me and my family.
I really need help to get me back in the right direction.
I don't need to earn $100,000 a month or anything like that.
I'd be happy with $500 a month but I really need a way to prove to myself this whole online income thing still works.
I'm built up my online site portfolio since getting Panda / Penguin slapped. I also re-applied and got back into Google Adsense.
I currently have the following websites:
1) How To Build Computers Site - runs on SBI, hit by Panda / Penguin very low traffic (20 a day) and monetization. Had an old eBook in there that sold very well but it's not selling now. Running Media.Net but no money.
2) Singapore Vacation Site - running on SBI, 30 visitors daily. Poor performance, running PPC - no money.
3) Laptop Guide Site - running on SBI, 30 visitors daily. Poor performance. Running Media.Net but no money.
4) Project Management Site - running on SBI, 300+ visitors daily. I started this last year post Panda. Monetized by Adsense, earning $3 a day.
Good feeling as I have a lot of readers contacting me on some of my articles. BUT it is running on SBI and I want to move it to Wordpress - but am afraid doing so will affect traffic.
5) Digital Video Site 1 - running on SBI, monetized by Media.Net bringing in about $200 a month. 400 visitors daily. Not bad.
6) Digital Video Site 2 - running on SBI, monetized by Adsense and earning miserable $1 to $2 a day
7) Digital Photography Site - old site from SBI hit by Panda / Penguin. I switched ti to WordPress two months back. Poor traffic, 30 visitors a day. Not monetized.
I'm also thinking of starting an Internet Marketing / Personal Development site like Wake Up Cloud.com.
I just also bought ten ready made Wordpress sites from a provider here on WF (things like coffee, wine, internet marketing, weight loss, etc.)
I've also bought products such as:
- Kindle book publishing (want to explore this one day)
- Email list building (not doing enough of this in my sites)
- Site Build It! (losing focus with SBI, I'm trying to switch to a new system)
- Affiliate Marketing (Mark Ling's Affilorama, Forever Affiliates) (don't work well for me)
- Backlink Banzai (testing this out)
- SESlingshot (testing this out)
- Outsourced to content writers (generally doesn't work well in terms of article quality)
Also read sites like Niche Site Pursuits from Spencer Haws, Wake Up Cloud, Steve Pavlina, Pat Flynn, etc.
[b]I really hope someone can point me in the right direction
To be honest with you, I just spent close to $1,000 on WSO and special offers in WF the last week. And I'm still quite lost as to how to proceed.
1) Should I just weed out all my sites and focus on one authority site? Doesn't that take too long to reap results?
2) But if I go micro-niche site, I'd have to maintain 20 to 30 to get real income?
3) Or should I "test with a standard methodology several niche sites", then pick the promising ones and dive deeper?
4) Also, I'm not sure what to outsource.
- It seems keyword research should not be outsourced.
- Content writing outsourcing doesn't work for me - I pay up to $10 an article and I still get poor quality. Anyone has tips on how to scale up content writing at decent prices? I don't want to pay $15 an article - I can't afford it.
- Wordpress set up and installation - any service provider to recommend?
- Basic marketing (SEO, forum posts, high PR link providers, backlink providers) - should I outsource this?
- And how do you continue to 'maintain sites' I really struggle with maintaining up-to-date content. Should I only introduce fresh content for sites which I want to dive deeper and develop into authority sites?
I'm really lost, someone please help me and point me in the right direction! Thanks in advance from a struggling Internet Entrepeneur.