In the beginning Social Marker is a pain to set up. Keep in mind that it is not an automatic posting service. It allows you to have your pre-written info for easy input to each social bookmarking site.
You have to sign up to each site that you want to submit to. Yes, you may have to confirm a few emails but once you have it set up right from the beginning and you have cookies enabled to remember your user name and password it goes a lot smoother and faster.
Of the 47 social bookmarking sites available I only submit to about 40 of them.
To social bookmark your post you:
1. Go to Social Marker.com and under the Heading - "How to use it? (help)", drag the icon to your bookmarks toolbar (if you're using Firefox browser which I highly recommend)
2. Once that is done, go to the page on your site that you would like to bookmark and then click the Social Marker link that you just dragged to your bookmarks toolbar and a new window should open with the Title and URL filled out. All you need to fill out is a description and your keywords/tags.
3. Right below that box is the social bookmarking sites that you can submit to. Some may not fit in with your niche. That's okay don't submit there. About 35-40 of them will work with almost any niche. Choose your categories carefully.
4. Once you have your sites selected, click the Submit button at the top of the page and the fun begins.
5. At the bottom you will see the details you had filled out in Step 2.
6. For those sites that do not automatically put in your info for you, click inside the little box at the bottom and drag the text to the appropriate field.
7. Follow the instructions for each site and once you know it has been posted/submitted, click the Next button at the top to go to the next site and do it all over again until you have submitted to them all. (There's a stat box in the top right corner letting you know how many sites you have submitted to and the total number of sites you checked from Step 3.)
I hope I haven't made this too confusing. If you have any questions, post here and I will answer as soon as I can.
South Bay Bones