I already have 3000+ blog subscribers. Need some help in email marketing!

36 replies
Hi! I honestly don't know what email marketing and autoresponder software to use for my blogsite, I only used a free Wordpress plugin to collect subscribers. However, now that I collected more than 3000+ subscribers (and hundreds are still subscribing every single day), I realized I still don't have a good autoresponder that I can use to send out regular emails and newsletters. Any suggestions? I want the cheap one. I tried using Listwire, which is a free service, but it only allows to import 10 subscribers per day. Mailchimp is great and it's for free for less than 2000 subscribers, but now that I have a subscriber population which is more than the number allowed for free Mailchimp subscription, I realized that it's service is becoming more and more expensive for my growing online business.
#blog #email #mareketing #subscribers
  • Profile picture of the author agmccall
    With 3000 (so you say) subcribers, why do you want the cheap service. you should be making money now.

    By the way, I looked at your blog, While it is nice and everything. You do not have a single real comment on any of your posts. 3000 subscribers and no comments. Except for the spam comment that you responded to.

    Do you really have 3000 subscribers????

    al
    Signature

    Broken promises don't upset me. I just think, why did they believe me?
    ~Jack Handey~

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9147378].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author adriel2013
      Yes. I honestly have 3000+ subscribers that I collected using a free Wordpress plugin and I'm really overwhelmed because of this. I'm looking into Getresponse and I am still undecided up to this moment.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9147443].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author agmccall
        Originally Posted by adriel2013 View Post

        Yes. I honestly have 3000+ subscribers that I collected using a free Wordpress plugin and I'm really overwhelmed because of this. I'm looking into Getresponse and I am still undecided up to this moment.
        It really does not matter, you probably will not be able to import them anyway. They will have to be verified by the AR you choose.

        al
        Signature

        Broken promises don't upset me. I just think, why did they believe me?
        ~Jack Handey~

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9147471].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author kannabisk
          I'm still a beginner but I paid for the getresponse service and it was only $25. With 3000 subscribers you should make that back in no time
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9147487].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author wordwizard
          I'm not 100% sure, but 1Shoppingcart has slightly more liberal rules when it comes to new subscribers (though if you import unverified subscribers, they DO make them confirm their subscription.

          That was why I originally subscribed to them. I had a lot of subscribers from a co-reg service and that was the only one that would allow me to import them. Not that they were worth the trouble.

          Also, it's more expensive initially, but their rates won't go up until you exceed 10,000 subscribers. AND they only count each subscriber once, no matter how many lists they're on.

          And it integrates seamlessly with your shoppingcart too, so if you want to sell products, you'll be all set.
          Signature

          FREE Report: 5 Ways To Grow Your Affiliate Income

          Let Me Help You Sell: Sales Letters, Email Series, Pre-Sell Reports... PM me & we'll talk!
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9147497].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author RichEmmett
          Originally Posted by agmccall View Post

          It really does not matter, you probably will not be able to import them anyway. They will have to be verified by the AR you choose.

          al
          You could try Rapid Mailer, which is a self-hosted Wordpress plugin solution. You can import your Wordpress lists instantly without the need for re-confirmation and it has no monthly fees so might be a good solution for you.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9147796].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Infonet
        Originally Posted by adriel2013 View Post

        Yes. I honestly have 3000+ subscribers that I collected using a free Wordpress plugin and I'm really overwhelmed because of this. I'm looking into Getresponse and I am still undecided up to this moment.
        I think 3000+ subscribers is a very huge email list and goldmine too. The point is not the numbers of your email list but the value of the email list. Are they profitable? have you sold to them before and how was the conversation rate? These answers will help you know if you really need to invest on autorespnder for them and forget about the free ones. And the good one i can boldly recommend for you is aweber..i use it personally. I don't like the getresponse going down today and coming up tomorrow [no offense] Thanks. Infonet.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9148786].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author adriel2013
          Originally Posted by Infonet View Post

          I think 3000+ subscribers is a very huge email list and goldmine too. The point is not the numbers of your email list but the value of the email list. Are they profitable? have you sold to them before and how was the conversation rate? These answers will help you know if you really need to invest on autorespnder for them and forget about the free ones. And the good one i can boldly recommend for you is aweber..i use it personally. I don't like the getresponse going down today and coming up tomorrow [no offense] Thanks. Infonet.
          Hi! I haven't tested their profitability yet. This is one of the reasons why I am a little undecided about my next plan of action.

          Thank you so much for warning me about Getresponse. They are a little cheaper compared to aweber after the trial period but if this means I need to sacrifice the quality of my email marketing campaign, then by all means, I have to stay away from it.

          Best regards
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9150629].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author giulio74
    Mailchimp seems that in their condition does not support the programs affiliations....
    you used it without problems?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9147380].message }}
  • if you want a cheap Autoresponder there is a risk that it won't be delivered, such as low open rate. email you send easily get to spam folder.

    Or you can use selfhosted Autoresponder, it will be very cheap because you only need to pay a monthly hosting fee. But it will be very difficult for for beginners
    to setting it.

    If you choose big names such as AWeber, MailChimp or Getresponse you will definitely have to pay monthly /yearly fee. The more lists you have, the greater the cost. It is a reasonable business risk

    Never use Email Marketing Software only to save your list, you will lose money due to constantly pay a monthly fee.

    Build a good relationship with your list and send regular offers. Monetize the list correctly, then you will get a very big income!!

    Remember Money is in the list and the real money is in your relations with your list

    Good luck Adriel2013
    Signature
    Professional Animated Banner HTML5 Designer
    Make Your Banner Ads More Clickable
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9147431].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author adriel2013
      Originally Posted by Nurkholis Hidayat View Post

      if you want a cheap Autoresponder there is a risk that it won't be delivered, such as low open rate. email you send easily get to spam folder.

      Or you can use selfhosted Autoresponder, it will be very cheap because you only need to pay a monthly hosting fee. But it will be very difficult for for beginners
      to setting it.

      If you choose big names such as AWeber, MailChimp or Getresponse you will definitely have to pay monthly /yearly fee. The more lists you have, the greater the cost. It is a reasonable business risk

      Never use Email Marketing Software only to save your list, you will lose money due to constantly pay a monthly fee.

      Build a good relationship with your list and send regular offers. Monetize the list correctly, then you will get a very big income!!

      Remember Money is in the list and the real money is in your relations with your list

      Good luck Adriel2013
      Thank you so much for the kind advice I'll keep that in mind.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9150605].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sarevok
    It depends if your list is profitable or not.



    If you're seeing profit, it's an easy move to switch to Aweber or GetResponse. (I've used both, and they're both excellent).

    If they're not profitable at all, you might consider listwire or imnica. (These are less expensive list providers, Imnica is like 6,000 subscribers for free)...

    I hope this helps...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9147442].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Trey Morgan
    I would just invest in the most reliable auto responders like Aweber and Getresponse.

    I recommend you wait a little bit because there has been some problems associated with both companies in the last couple of months. Getresponse was just recently attacked and they're currently recovering from the attack.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9147739].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KattyHowells
    If you're a newbie with email marketing and you want the cheap, easy method to make money out of it, have you considered renting your list instead of making experiments on it?
    There are many companies out there precisely looking to buy or rent decent lists so you might make more money in this way than by sending your own mailers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9147925].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dsuitor
    im going to save you alot of heart ache and pain, ive used all the EMS out there and Aweber is by far the best:-)
    Just go to aweber.com and sign up for a month trial for $1 is works out to
    $20 a month for 500sub
    and $10 per 1000
    and $50 per month for 5000 sub
    There prices are a bit higher than other EMS but there deliverabilty is the best in the industry . NEVER USE a FREE EMS. its a waste just learn how to monetize your subscribers. I personally have a list of 46 000 on aweber and it makes ALL my money.
    Cheers
    Signature

    Custom Web Design Packages Website >>>

    Win Free Bitcoins every hour!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9147946].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BellaGeen
    Do you want autoresponder, or just send emails to your mailing list?

    If you just looking to send emails - Yahoo groups works find. It is delivered and no restrictions.
    Signature

    Brand new, High Quality PLR Green Energy PLR, Alternative Energy PLR, Fashion PLR, Home Organization PLR, Efficient Lighting PLR, Working From Home PLR, Solar Energy PLR and more
    Use special code warrior25may for May 25% discount on all PLR products on LeadingPLR
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9148200].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brent Stangel
    Get Rapid mailer. It's a WP plugin and you can import your existing subs. It's a one time cost.
    Signature
    Get Off The Warrior Forum Now & Don't Come Back If You Want To Succeed!
    All The Real Marketers Are Gone. There's Nothing Left But Weak, Sniveling Wanna-Bees!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9148240].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lionelfrench
    I personally agree with dsuitors advise Aweber is the best source out there and if you seriously want to make money you need to use a reliable service, its slightly more expensive due to it being a great quality service, when you try to save money on these essentials you can lose far more money in the long run. I use the Aweber myself and I am very pleased with it

    Sorry if that is not what you want to hear but I just want you to succeed as that makes you happy in the long run!

    Good Luck Buddy
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9148241].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Daniel Szalok
    I would recommend Aweber. Don't use a cheap autoresponder, you'll need a paid one. You can bank at least $100 every day if you have 4-5000 subscribers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9148347].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author felisitie
    you can also try Trafficwave. its farely a good autoresponder depending on your needs. Good price and it does not increase price as your list grows.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9148356].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cheehien
    i suggest you try paid Auto-responder. Below is the some tip for you to start e-mail marketing.

    1) Defining your readers
    2) Determining your purpose
    3) Outlining your goals
    4) Determining your frequency
    5) Creating a timeline
    Signature

    Affiliate templates are not allowed.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9148641].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author agmccall
      Originally Posted by RichEmmett View Post

      You could try Rapid Mailer, which is a self-hosted Wordpress plugin solution. You can import your Wordpress lists instantly without the need for re-confirmation and it has no monthly fees so might be a good solution for you.
      Originally Posted by Brent Stangel View Post

      Get Rapid mailer. It's a WP plugin and you can import your existing subs. It's a one time cost.
      While Rapid Mailer is a one time cost you will also need a third party solution to send the emails, while it is probably cheaper in the long run, for the extra $10.00 a month it is probably still better to go with something like aweber.

      Suppose the plugin is all of a sudden not supported anymore and there is a wordpress update that renders it useless????

      al
      Signature

      Broken promises don't upset me. I just think, why did they believe me?
      ~Jack Handey~

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9148689].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author RichEmmett
        Originally Posted by agmccall View Post

        While Rapid Mailer is a one time cost you will also need a third party solution to send the emails, while it is probably cheaper in the long run, for the extra $10.00 a month it is probably still better to go with something like aweber.

        Suppose the plugin is all of a sudden not supported anymore and there is a wordpress update that renders it useless????

        al
        I totally agree with the comments you've made - I don't think the key advantage of Rapid Mailer is its cost in this instance - it's the fact that aWeber will require that every one of the 3000 re-confirms. That's inevitably going to lead to some loss, and if its a relatively new list and not "solid" it could decimate it. I don't think that there is a perfect solution here - Rapid Mailer is still worth a look at to get over the re-authorisation issue and then perhaps gradually move the list over to aWeber when it can be secured (opt-ins to future offers etc)
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9150278].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author adriel2013
          Originally Posted by RichEmmett View Post

          I totally agree with the comments you've made - I don't think the key advantage of Rapid Mailer is its cost in this instance - it's the fact that aWeber will require that every one of the 3000 re-confirms. That's inevitably going to lead to some loss, and if its a relatively new list and not "solid" it could decimate it. I don't think that there is a perfect solution here - Rapid Mailer is still worth a look at to get over the re-authorisation issue and then perhaps gradually move the list over to aWeber when it can be secured (opt-ins to future offers etc)
          Thank you for this very nice tip. I guess, this is the very best solution I can use so far as of the moment. God bless
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9150624].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JensSteyaert
    I suggest to get a good autoresponder subscription today if you really get 100+ subscribers every single day. That' would be so easy to make money from that you can't afford to jut throw that away. Aweber has a $1 trial so really don't see the issue..

    For your current subscribers just try a free solution if you're not able to import them into Aweber, i'm sure you can find a way to send them mails. Good luck!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9148709].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author talfighel
    If you don't want to pay for your auto-responder then maybe you should not even collect emails and names of prospects.

    As your list grows each day, your monthly payments for every auto-responder will grow too.

    There is one company called GVO which allows you to pay a little less then $50 per month and you can have an unlimited amount of subscribers in your account.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9149493].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author adriel2013
      Originally Posted by talfighel View Post

      If you don't want to pay for your auto-responder then maybe you should not even collect emails and names of prospects.

      As your list grows each day, your monthly payments for every auto-responder will grow too.

      There is one company called GVO which allows you to pay a little less then $50 per month and you can have an unlimited amount of subscribers in your account.
      Hey! Thank you for this tip. I'll check GVO. Actually, I am a member of this program before but I did not do anything much about it because I got a little confused. I'll try looking at it again. Thanks
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9150618].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author thisisraz65
    move it to paid service
    Signature
    No signature right now
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9151765].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author wordwizard
      Originally Posted by talfighel View Post

      If you don't want to pay for your auto-responder then maybe you should not even collect emails and names of prospects.

      As your list grows each day, your monthly payments for every auto-responder will grow too.

      There is one company called GVO which allows you to pay a little less then $50 per month and you can have an unlimited amount of subscribers in your account.

      Maybe it's coincidence, but most of the emails I get sent from GVO are spam or blind offers from people I don't know, which is pretty much the same thing. So I delete them.

      I'm not sure whether GVO attracts those mailers or what, but I'd be careful with that provider and at least investigate further.

      These emails also don't have the sender's business name and address at the bottom, as required by the CAN Spam act.

      I found one remaining sender from GVO in my inbox, which is why I could check if the address was there (it wasn't), and most of his emails have some variation of "URGENT" or "LAST CHANCE" in the subject line. Yikes. I'll delete that one now.

      CORRECTION: I looked at some more of the emails from that sender, and discovered that MOST of the emails do have GVO's address etc. at the bottom. Unless the sender is from GVO, I don't think that's legit either though.
      Signature

      FREE Report: 5 Ways To Grow Your Affiliate Income

      Let Me Help You Sell: Sales Letters, Email Series, Pre-Sell Reports... PM me & we'll talk!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9152771].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
        Once again, I tip my hat to the marketing people at the autoresponder services. They have most of the marketers online convinced that they are the only viable solution.

        Let's revisit a question asked earlier.

        Do you NEED an autoresponder? Are you setting up an automated sequence you need to go out automatically?

        If the answer is no, you could use mailing list software built into your hosting (such as Mailman). This is old school list marketing, from the days before AR companies ruled the space.

        Unless you want your subscribers talking to each other, you simply set up an "announcement list" and import your subscribers. Once that's done, sending an email to the list is as simple as, well, sending an email.

        And you can't beat the cost...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9152825].message }}
  • I do not see any revenues getting generated on your site! There are no ads, so you have not been monetizing with adsense or anything similar to it.

    I just saw some banner ads of clickbank product, that too below the fold.

    The best suggestion could be to monetize and start making money from your blog. Then you are free to decide from the revenue whether you would like to scale it by using any paid tools.

    The 3000+ subscribers you have will not become your subscribers until they confirm the registration, even though they have opted in. The only option is to use self hosted programs to monetize them.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9154185].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CynthiaC
    Good job on the SEO and traffic bump you have. Excellent work for such a young site.

    I know you want a economical mailing solution but some of the drawbacks to the free services have already been highlighted regarding rules to affiliate links. Other issues to "free" is there are no backup services with many plus limited things you can do including numbers of subscribers allowed.

    With your list growing I would suggest you DO look at setting up email marketing to your list and exercise all the power that can come with an autoresponder service.

    You can make your own but still need to stay on top of monitoring for being blacklisted, spam reports etc. After awhile (if you keep growing) the money you save by having your own email servers would have to be spent on a monitoring service.

    Much of this is handled by an autoresponder service.

    If you want to upload your list you can do so with iContact. Although they will get upset if you get a lot of spam complaints.

    Or - email your list in small batches with a sign up offer to get them to voluntarily hop over to your new paid service.

    I like Aweber for most things but also have used iContact (to import lists) and GetResponse for rapid list building.

    The issues with the DDoS Attacks lately on GetResponse and Aweber were not their fault and they have been doing a great job under the circumstances.

    My suggestion to you is:
    1. Sign up with Aweber for $1 for the first 30 days and begin to use them for lead capture.
    2. Import your list to Aweber. You will have to do a double optin for them to allow you to mail. I would suggest your first email have a bribe.
    3. If importing to Aweber fails (low response rate) - I would pay for the couple of months it would take to "clean" the list using iContact and bribes to get them over to Aweber.
    4. Take a really good course in email marketing so you can really monitize your list without having to send them back to your site all the time.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9157803].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dougb
    If you have all these subscribers to your blog, why are you not marketing through your blog posts and site monetization while trying to convert those subscribers to a mailing list
    Signature

    Learn IM for Free. Gain access to Information,Audio and Video Tutorials, Downloads and More
    The Newbie Marketing Center
    Follow my trek as I log the ups and downs of my marketing business.
    My Marketing Trek

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9158654].message }}

Trending Topics