By squeeze page I mean a short page that offers to give you information if you give them your email and or name.
Wanting to create a thread to help me and other people create a 'squeeze' / subscription / capture page from scratch. To let us know what we should think about including to get people to give their emails. Once we have one up then we should test it to see what works for our circumstances and audience.
What I would like is examples that we can get ideas from to make a start.
Summary of posts so far:
1) The text gives some big benefit(s) that would entice the reader to give their email - tell the person how their life will improve if they give you their email - more important than actual layout of page
2) use of audio message to reinforce the message of the text - do not have it play automatically
3) use of video - do not start automatically - a much simpler design can be used - need to spend as much time creating a script as you would having text on the page
4) offer information for the email - do not be too salesy or over the top hype
5) ask for minimal information - preferably just email and possibly name to personalize - do not ask for anything else
6) form for giving email should be above the fold - form should be seen without the person having to scroll down, or not scroll down too much
7) give a compelling, magnetic headline and irresistible list of benefits
8) do not put anything on the page that distracts from getting the person to give their email