Are there any good 'squeeze' pages? If so, where are they?

14 replies
Please could you share an example of a 'good' squeeze page that you had no difficulty in giving your email to. Could you also say what was it about the squeeze page that made you sign up?

By squeeze page I mean a short page that offers to give you information if you give them your email and or name.

Wanting to create a thread to help me and other people create a 'squeeze' / subscription / capture page from scratch. To let us know what we should think about including to get people to give their emails. Once we have one up then we should test it to see what works for our circumstances and audience.

What I would like is examples that we can get ideas from to make a start.

Summary of posts so far:

1) The text gives some big benefit(s) that would entice the reader to give their email - tell the person how their life will improve if they give you their email - more important than actual layout of page

2) use of audio message to reinforce the message of the text - do not have it play automatically

3) use of video - do not start automatically - a much simpler design can be used - need to spend as much time creating a script as you would having text on the page

4) offer information for the email - do not be too salesy or over the top hype

5) ask for minimal information - preferably just email and possibly name to personalize - do not ask for anything else

6) form for giving email should be above the fold - form should be seen without the person having to scroll down, or not scroll down too much

7) give a compelling, magnetic headline and irresistible list of benefits

8) do not put anything on the page that distracts from getting the person to give their email
#good #pages #queeze
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Franklin
    I liked this squeeze page:

    Email Copy Made Easy

    The reason being that I found the copy compelling. Also, the audio message reinforced the persuasive points of the copy.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[874714].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Andy Fletcher
    The topic your squeeze page is about matters far more than the layout. You can have a pretty rubbish page on a hot topic and it'll do far better than a flashy page about the usual rubbish.

    Once you've got your hot topic then you can focus on making the squeeze page convert better with split testing stuff like headlines, layouts, video etc.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[875051].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ron Killian
    One that has been mentioned many, many times and one of the best I've seen is the double your dating. Though I can't seem to find a link to the squeeze page itself. Least the one I remember.
    Signature
    PLR Affiliate Program Has Launched! Easily Promote Over 5,000 PLR and MRR Products.

    Largest Selection of PLR Articles on the Planet! PLR Ebooks, PLR Video, PLR Websites and more with Private Label Rights
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[875281].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kenboss
    The best squeeze pages that get me every time:

    offer good, fresh, genuinely interesting and helpful visual content (esp video) that either doesn't try to sell in any way, or does it so entertainingly that I don't mind --
    and THEN offers something else of genuine value for free on the other side of the opt-in

    DEFINITE SQUEEZE PAGE TURNOFFS:
    Audios/videos that start playing automatically, especially if they are loud, have obnoxious music, don't have a visible timer so you can't tell how long it's going to be, and/or there is no way to turn them off except to turn down your speakers.
    Being forced to opt-in AFTER I've paid for a product, before I am allowed to download the product.
    Being asked to opt-in by someone whose list I am ALREADY ON.
    Being asked for my phone number.
    Content that tries to take me off in a different direction from what I was searching for.

    And if you really want to make absolutely sure that I will NEVER opt in:
    Darken the sales page, or otherwise rudely obstruct my vision just as I'm starting to read the first three words, by having a box float down and offer me some idiotic free 5 part e-course (worth $97!! ....what?!?!?) before I've even had a chance to find out what the freakin' PRODUCT is about!

    Ahhhh.... nothing like venting the old spleen.

    Hope this was helpful. I know some marketers swear by those floating opt-in boxes but I could never understand why you would either sweat blood (or pay through the nose) to write good headlines/copy, and then totally undermine it by blocking it all out during those crucial precious first five seconds when you are supposed to be grabbing their interest, not pi**ing them off.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[875528].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jbsmith
      The challenge with this question is that...

      1. "Best" squeeze pages are the ones that convert - and only the one operating the squeeze page will know that for sure...then - would they tell you? If they did, are they telling you the truth?

      2. Even if you found a top converting one - it may not work for your niche, each niche is different in what they respond to

      3. Then, there is the source of traffic. If someone is paying for Adwords on specific keywords they have tested and proven convert, that's quite allot different than someone sending "blind" organic or even widespread, untested paid traffic to the site.

      My advice is to start with a simple page that contains information above the fold with a compelling headline and highly valued giveaway related to the desire within your niche and to your back-end product...then start testing.

      Only through testing will you find what works best for your market.

      Jeff
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[875985].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author MJ Schaefer
        This is the famous Double Your Dating squeeze page: Dating Tips - Secrets To Attracting and Meeting Women

        It remains my favourite.

        There is no bling. No video, no audio, no pictures, no multi-colour assault.

        It is just simple and compelling, like those classic newspaper ads.

        A magnetic headline (certainly for the target audience), and an irresistable list of benefits.

        Would somebody interested in being 'successful with women' be keen to know "The Kiss Test: How to tell when she is ready to be kissed"? You bet your bottom dollar they would be.

        Punching in your email address is a tiny price to pay for such information. Indeed, I daresay that the majority who opted-in didn't even realise they were making an exchange.

        Classic.
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[876024].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Muhammad Hassan
        Originally Posted by jbsmith View Post

        The challenge with this question is that...

        1. "Best" squeeze pages are the ones that convert - and only the one operating the squeeze page will know that for sure...then - would they tell you? If they did, are they telling you the truth?

        2. Even if you found a top converting one - it may not work for your niche, each niche is different in what they respond to

        3. Then, there is the source of traffic. If someone is paying for Adwords on specific keywords they have tested and proven convert, that's quite allot different than someone sending "blind" organic or even widespread, untested paid traffic to the site.

        My advice is to start with a simple page that contains information above the fold with a compelling headline and highly valued giveaway related to the desire within your niche and to your back-end product...then start testing.

        Only through testing will you find what works best for your market.

        Jeff
        I agree with all you have said Jeff and thanks for contributing.

        The purpose of me creating the thread was to give myself and other people ideas on how to start to create a squeeze page.

        Once you have your squeeze page then you should start to test it by changing 1 thing at a time to see what gets more people to sign up.

        Also, remember a squeeze page that works brilliantly in one market may not be good in another market. A different market has different people with different personalities in it. Test to see what works for your market.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[877484].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Karen Connell
      Originally Posted by kenboss View Post

      The best squeeze pages that get me every time:

      offer good, fresh, genuinely interesting and helpful visual content (esp video) that either doesn't try to sell in any way, or does it so entertainingly that I don't mind --
      and THEN offers something else of genuine value for free on the other side of the opt-in

      DEFINITE SQUEEZE PAGE TURNOFFS:
      Audios/videos that start playing automatically, especially if they are loud, have obnoxious music, don't have a visible timer so you can't tell how long it's going to be, and/or there is no way to turn them off except to turn down your speakers.
      Being forced to opt-in AFTER I've paid for a product, before I am allowed to download the product.
      Being asked to opt-in by someone whose list I am ALREADY ON.
      Being asked for my phone number.
      Content that tries to take me off in a different direction from what I was searching for.

      And if you really want to make absolutely sure that I will NEVER opt in:
      Darken the sales page, or otherwise rudely obstruct my vision just as I'm starting to read the first three words, by having a box float down and offer me some idiotic free 5 part e-course (worth $97!! ....what?!?!?) before I've even had a chance to find out what the freakin' PRODUCT is about!

      Ahhhh.... nothing like venting the old spleen.

      Hope this was helpful. I know some marketers swear by those floating opt-in boxes but I could never understand why you would either sweat blood (or pay through the nose) to write good headlines/copy, and then totally undermine it by blocking it all out during those crucial precious first five seconds when you are supposed to be grabbing their interest, not pi**ing them off.

      Kenboss

      Everything I was going to say... LOL

      Audio or video that starts automatically and I close the page! I prefer to choose if I want to see, hear or read.

      Karen
      Signature

      Never Mistake Activity for Accomplishment

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[877583].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Muhammad Hassan
        Originally Posted by Dhrousha View Post

        Kenboss

        Everything I was going to say... LOL

        Audio or video that starts automatically and I close the page! I prefer to choose if I want to see, hear or read.

        Karen
        Also there's the inconvenience of having it start automatically as you may be in a place where you do not want to be playing audio or video.

        I am in agreement that for any squeeze pages I would create I would have audio and video have to be started by the viewer.


        However, as I have said before different things appeal and work for different audiences. Have a go at making the audio or video start automatically and test if you get more sign ups.

        I, Karen and others have expressed a dislike for it, but in your niche that may not be the case. Don't try and guess what people like or will respond to. Find out by testing.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[877599].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TelegramSam
    Get on the mailing lists of some of the so called marketing guru's email lists.

    This should lead you to some good squeeze pages.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[876049].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author The Copy Nazi
    Banned
    Here you go. My video squeeze. Killer Sales Video- Top Quality Custom Marketing Video, Promotional Video, Video Trailers, Video Tours, Video Testimonials


    Works like a bewdy. Not to everyone's tastes of course. But you can't be all things to all people. And the kind of people that are offended by this I don't want to work for anyway.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[877526].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Harry Behrens
    In my opinion the only good squeeze page is the squeeze page that is actually two squeeze pages, that are being equally alternated and competed against one another

    Seriously - all the advice here is golden, but you need to have it be clear that from step 1 you're going to be making and testing two different ones if you ever want to get anywhere.

    Start with two very different pages (maybe even 3 or 4), pitch them against each other and after that, choose the winner, and set up that one along with one (or two) variations on that winner.

    With each repetition of the cycle, the differences between champion page and challenger page should become smaller and smaller until you are testing individual factors like heading or font. Meanwhile your CR should be rising a little bit with each "challenger" that succeeds.
    Signature

    - Harry Behrens

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[877565].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author virtuali
    The layout matters less than the actual things said in it. But for a simple tips..do add atleast one or two persuasive videos in it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[877618].message }}

Trending Topics