Good place to link to your blog post

29 replies
If there were three places that you could link to your blog post to get traffic - what would they be?
#blog #good #link #place #post
  • Profile picture of the author JensSteyaert
    I would suggest to use a free site called dropmylink.com and find blogs relatd to your niche which have commentluv enabled.

    If you post comments on those blogs it will show your most recent post, so if you have catchy blog post titles on your blog you'll see some traffic coming in.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9162916].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DoubleOhDave
      Originally Posted by JensSteyaert View Post

      I would suggest to use a free site called dropmylink.com and find blogs relatd to your niche which have commentluv enabled.

      If you post comments on those blogs it will show your most recent post, so if you have catchy blog post titles on your blog you'll see some traffic coming in.
      Jens knows his stuff! I'd go with that idea too!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9991020].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Katie Rich
    Three other blogs in the same niche ..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9162922].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author johnben1444
    Relevant forum, blog & video.
    Signature
    Grow your social media account, Spotify Streams, YT Views & IG Followers & More
    Software & Mobile APP Developer
    Buy Spotify, Facebook Bot & IG M/S Method
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9162942].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nicholasb
    Facebook works great for me, Once you build a targeted audience of fans you can really begin to go viral fast if you are putting stuff out there people love.

    Building your initial audience can be a little tricky at first, but you can really speed it up with a small budget.

    As far as social media, I haven't personally had any great experiences with blogging outside of social media. So I cant contribute 2 more for you...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9163016].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author fvandy
      I have had success with Facebook as well. It takes time to build up your audience, but it can be worth the effort if you provide value as well.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9302893].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vedremo
    Banned
    You can Share your blog posts via Facebook and Twitter. You can even share your posts via pinging tools. Look for relevant blog sites by doing the following steps:


    You can just use Google Alerts using your Gmail account.

    Google Alerts - Monitor the Web for interesting new content

    - You can search for your niche/keyword and the Result type set to:Blogs

    - Then you can set the alert "as it happens", "once a day" or "once a week"

    - Then you can narrow down the results by choosing "only the best results" or "all the results"

    Good luck and more power!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9163037].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Aaron0669
      Here's my top 5 list
      1. Comment on blogs in similar niches. Make sure your comments are useful and relevant and not just the spammy comments like "I love your blog". Site owners tend to delete these type of spammy comments.

      2. Participate in forums in your niche.

      3. Create an account in Yahoo answers. And start answering questions. Once you reach the next level (I think it is 1000 points), you are able to add a link back to your blog. This method takes up a lot of your time.

      4. Post articles tp Web2.0 sites like Ezine articles, Squidoo.

      5. Upload a video to Youtube

      Hope this helps.
      Cheer,
      Aaron
      Signature

      Get my Free Report "How to setup your blog in 7 minutes"
      http://boonkoh.com/7minuteswpsetup

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9163095].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jhphotographer
        Originally Posted by Aaron0669 View Post

        Here's my top 5 list
        1. Comment on blogs in similar niches. Make sure your comments are useful and relevant and not just the spammy comments like "I love your blog". Site owners tend to delete these type of spammy comments.

        2. Participate in forums in your niche.

        3. Create an account in Yahoo answers. And start answering questions. Once you reach the next level (I think it is 1000 points), you are able to add a link back to your blog. This method takes up a lot of your time.

        4. Post articles tp Web2.0 sites like Ezine articles, Squidoo.

        5. Upload a video to Youtube

        Hope this helps.
        Cheer,
        Aaron
        Cheers for the reply Aaron0669, i know Squidoo is still a good resource but, i heard that ezine went down the drain for Google credibility and all that... are there any others that you would recommend?
        Signature
        jhphotographer.co.uk watch & upload funny pictures and videos: www.failious.com
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9163197].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Aaron0669
          Originally Posted by jhphotographer View Post

          Cheers for the reply Aaron0669, i know Squidoo is still a good resource but, i heard that ezine went down the drain for Google credibility and all that... are there any others that you would recommend?
          Google is constantly updating their algorithm. Very soon, there is hardly any Web2.0 sites left. A lot of those Web2.0 sites do have crappy contents.
          Another site that I had used before is Upload, Share, and Discover Content on SlideShare. Not sure how it fares in Google now.
          Signature

          Get my Free Report "How to setup your blog in 7 minutes"
          http://boonkoh.com/7minuteswpsetup

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9179074].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jhphotographer
        Originally Posted by Aaron0669 View Post

        Here's my top 5 list
        1. Comment on blogs in similar niches. Make sure your comments are useful and relevant and not just the spammy comments like "I love your blog". Site owners tend to delete these type of spammy comments.

        2. Participate in forums in your niche.

        3. Create an account in Yahoo answers. And start answering questions. Once you reach the next level (I think it is 1000 points), you are able to add a link back to your blog. This method takes up a lot of your time.

        4. Post articles tp Web2.0 sites like Ezine articles, Squidoo.

        5. Upload a video to Youtube

        Hope this helps.
        Cheer,
        Aaron
        .1 Already been posting my pictures on photography forums - more than getting traffic its great hearing critiques of my images.

        .2 Yahoo answers is awesome! i have been making an input on photography questions as such. Yep level 2 and you can link to you own sources which are relevant to your answer. In think i only have to get around 200-250 points but, you can only post 20 answers a 2 points per day.

        .5 I have been considering making video tutorials which i could make revenue from youtube ads right?
        Signature
        jhphotographer.co.uk watch & upload funny pictures and videos: www.failious.com
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9163256].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Aaron0669
          Originally Posted by jhphotographer View Post

          .

          .5 I have been considering making video tutorials which i could make revenue from youtube ads right?
          You can only make revenue if people slicks on the ads while watching your video. However, making video tutorial is a great way to get visitors engagement. Those interested ones will visit your site to find out more information.

          I used to watch a lot of photography videos on YouTube, and I do visit the blogs of the ones that had interesting tutorials.

          cheers,
          Aaron
          Signature

          Get my Free Report "How to setup your blog in 7 minutes"
          http://boonkoh.com/7minuteswpsetup

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9179068].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jhphotographer
      Originally Posted by vedremo View Post

      You can Share your blog posts via Facebook and Twitter. You can even share your posts via pinging tools. Look for relevant blog sites by doing the following steps:


      You can just use Google Alerts using your Gmail account.

      Google Alerts - Monitor the Web for interesting new content

      - You can search for your niche/keyword and the Result type set to:Blogs

      - Then you can set the alert "as it happens", "once a day" or "once a week"

      - Then you can narrow down the results by choosing "only the best results" or "all the results"

      Good luck and more power!
      Is there a better way to get more attention on twitter and facebook?; Google plus has given me the best response with my photographs and tutorials with almost 100 likes on some. It just doesnt seem to get the same "natural drive" on fb and twiiter.
      Signature
      jhphotographer.co.uk watch & upload funny pictures and videos: www.failious.com
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9163241].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author funmom91
    I have been linking my posts up to linky parties and so far the results have been great. This is because the readers from the party are actually converting into readers for my blog now. If your content is good, they will stay. I only get about 25 visits per link party but that is good since it brings long term results.
    Signature

    Check out my writing portfolio and/or ask me about advertising on my lifestyle blog.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9163079].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jhphotographer
      Originally Posted by funmom91 View Post

      I have been linking my posts up to linky parties and so far the results have been great. This is because the readers from the party are actually converting into readers for my blog now. If your content is good, they will stay. I only get about 25 visits per link party but that is good since it brings long term results.

      Thanks funmom91, i have never heard of the term "Linky parties" before so i am certainly going to check that out!
      Signature
      jhphotographer.co.uk watch & upload funny pictures and videos: www.failious.com
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9163191].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author barbling
    Link out to sites listed here.

    Top 30 Social Networking Sites To Drive Traffic To Your Blog

    And you can also use RSS to automatically link out to authority sites as well.

    http://IFttt.com will work in a pinch.

    Hope that helps!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9179080].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author AnnaPaterson
      my traffic comes from twitter followers. by following my niche , the niche came to me
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9179715].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author writeaway
      Originally Posted by barbling View Post

      Reminder: social links won't boost your SE rankings. It is what you DO (read: networking/influence marketing) on social networks that will give your site traction.

      Simply tweeting or posting your stuff isn't going to do you much good since everyone and his do are doing the same thing... You need to STEP IT UP
      Signature

      Want To Make More Money Online? Invest in BETTER CONTENT!
      Articles - Blogs - Authority sites - Ecommerce descriptions - Emails - Youtube video scripts - AFFORDABLE RATES!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9302874].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ben Holmes
    Katie Rich beat me to it... three related blogs... except I'd change that to 'forums'.

    You need links where people who are interested in your subject hang out. You simply cannot get a more targeted audience than those who spend time reading and posting at a forum related to your topic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9302894].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JamesChun
    I think relevant and niche related forums, social media and video sites are may be the better choice for linking my blog post.

    But for getting traffic, you need to consistently participate and engage in those sites.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9446634].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LuckyIMer
    Social sites including their groups that can be related to your website would be a great place to begin with.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9449527].message }}
  • I like Facebook, and Google+ groups and Twitter. There is an active Facebook group that I belong to that was created just to reciprocate comments. https://www.facebook.com/groups/bloghopping/
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9679934].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chris Cole
    If you're a blogger, then get out there and get commenting on other blogs within your niche. These are the blogs that have targeted traffic and you can grow connections and get known within your niche by reaching out to these other blogs.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9680325].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author misshang
    forum signature is good for no follow
    Signature

    Join or use my translation group! All languages!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/134837913843675/

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9682083].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DoubleOhDave
    On Google Plus to create a portal SERP for your site, without a doubt! You may have noticed in search results how often a G+ link trumps an aged and authority domain.
    Here's a good "best practices" post: 10 Smart Tips to Leverage Google+ for Increased Web Traffic - Moz
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9991015].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Eagle07
    Originally Posted by jhphotographer View Post

    If there were three places that you could link to your blog post to get traffic - what would they be?
    This is easier said than done but once its done, it can be gold.

    Get links from 3 authority sites related to my niche.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9991068].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author skyro
    Good places would be the top social media sites such as twitter youtube and facebook groups.
    Sites like these get millions of veiwers and if you are active in them there is a good chance you will be seen. Also having your blog link to relevant forums will work very good as well.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9991130].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author imi1233
    Blogs, Forums and Yahoo Answers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9991758].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author addbizglobal
    You can post your blog on suggested social websites above. There are one more to get the traffic Thoughts.com. Here you can share your thoughts.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9991834].message }}

Trending Topics