It's time to Say Good Bye to my boss

105 replies
I can't believe I have done it. I couldn't stop myself to keep this moment secret to me. I have to share it.

Almost 2 and half years in internet marketing have boomed my earnings, skills and confidence.

I put my resignation on my boss table's yesterday
The first question he asked me whether I got a better job and I said No, its a better Business that I want to focus on. When I told him that I am resigning for my online business, he was shocked and he couldn't believe that normal person can earn Big money on internet. Trust me he was begging me if I can teach him internet marketing as well I have directed him to warriorforum though

Here what I am today.
I had a full time job for almost 7 years in a very lucrative industry and I had a good salary.
I have paid 100% mortgage on my 3 bedroom house (last month I paid it in total) So I will never be worried about housing anymore.
I have savings for 3 years of living. So I won't be worried about it for at least 3 years.
I am making more or less $20000 from internet every month and the revenues keep growing every month. It took me almost 2 and half years to get here. Now I will be focusing more on my online work and will be scaling up my business. My traffic is from SEO, Free Traffic and Paid Traffic. I have learnt not to depend on one source of traffic. I can say I am good in pulling traffic from all 3 sources (paid, free & SEO)

Posting my resignation doesn't mean to show off.
I just want to reassure all the newbies and struggling warriors that it is possible that anyone can build a business online. Trust me if I can built it, then most of you can. I count myself as average learner though I am very hard working person.

My advice for all
- Find a niche where you can build business.
- Learn more and more.
- Keep taking actions on anything you learn.
- Never lose hope.
- Never be afraid of failures and success will follow you (my inspirational Mentor told me that, If he is reading, You have all my respect and love )
- Whenever you are working, Forget the whole world, just focus on your work with full dedication and commitment.
- Don't take your blog or site as just a simple site, treat it as your business.
- Remember nothing is impossible if you have strong desires and willingness to success.

My Best wishes for all warriors
#bye #good #time #work
  • Profile picture of the author NeilC
    Congratulations on your success - always nice to hear when someone's doing really well :-)
    Signature

    Need a fresh start or help to take your business to the next level? Click here to find out more...

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9182369].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Assignmentwriter
    Thank you for sharing your great success story. this is a very helpful for us and specially for those who want start their own online business.
    Signature
    Prospring launch offering a 100 Million in Prizes and stacks of benefits each week.
    http://www.prospringlaunch.com/Akbar786

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9182390].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author salegurus
    Ummm OK...
    So maybe you could tell us how you're earning $20K per month, please don't reveal any of your secrets...
    Also, what part of the world do you live in? I'm asking because if you lived in the west and you managed to pay off your mortgage (Even if it's a modest home) and save enough to live on for 3 years (All this within 7 years) you must have had a damn good salary...
    Signature
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

    ― George Carlin
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9182436].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sarah23
      Originally Posted by salegurus View Post

      Ummm OK...
      So maybe you could tell us how you're earning $20K per month, please don't reveal any of your secrets...
      Also, what part of the world do you live in? I'm asking because if you lived in the west and you managed to pay off your mortgage (Even if it's a modest home) and save enough to live on for 3 years (All this within 7 years) you must have had a damn good salary...
      I didn't pay mortgage just with my salary but also with the help of what I was earning from internet marketing. By the way I am in UK.
      Signature
      "Gathering correct information and taking actions will boom your business.
      Never be afraid of failures and success will follow you"

      By My Unsung Guru and Mentor
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9182813].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author salegurus
        Originally Posted by sarah23 View Post

        I didn't pay mortgage just with my salary but also with the help of what I was earning from internet marketing. By the way I am in UK.
        Fair enough you answered half my question...
        IF what you are claiming is true, well done and best of luck...
        Signature
        Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

        ― George Carlin
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9182977].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author squidface
    Banned
    I sense a w.s.o. coming on!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9182459].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ecoverartist
    Congratulations - I bet it felt good to turn in that resignation and walk out those doors for the last time.

    You could also make a bit of extra cash teaching your boss internet marketing... without revealing all your secrets, of course

    I'm sure many in the forum here would love to know how you're making that kind of money. Many people here do niche marketing, but are still barely scraping by. You could create a WSO explaining your methods and sell it, or post it in the War Room forum.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9182473].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author squidface
    Banned
    Somehow i think she's already planed for this. Are you in on it as well? LOL ...


    I'm sure many in the forum here would love to know how you're making that kind of money. Many people here do niche marketing, but are still barely scraping by. You could create a WSO explaining your methods and sell it, or post it in the War Room forum.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9182478].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sarah23
      Originally Posted by squidface View Post

      I sense a w.s.o. coming on!
      Originally Posted by squidface View Post

      Somehow i think she's already planed for this. Are you in on it as well? LOL ...
      No matter how sincere you are, there will always be people who will doubt your sincerity. and will come up with silly comments without even knowing you.

      I am not even in any sort of selling or money making niches and don't have any intentions of it, if I was, you would at least see such sort of signature of mine.

      I am not planning any WSO and you will never see it, I bet it.
      Signature
      "Gathering correct information and taking actions will boom your business.
      Never be afraid of failures and success will follow you"

      By My Unsung Guru and Mentor
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9182794].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author harrydog
        Good on you Sarah
        The WF is not just about hyping up the next WSO
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9182804].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Nail Yener
        Originally Posted by sarah23 View Post

        No matter how sincere you are, there will always be people who will doubt your sincerity. and will come up with silly comments without even knowing you.
        Sarah, just ignore such comments and your life will be better

        Originally Posted by sarah23 View Post

        I am not planning any WSO and you will never see it, I bet it.
        Don't close the doors for that because of some comments. You succeeded in something the majority of the forum visitors have not yet and I am sure others can learn from your experiences.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9182957].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author serryjw
        SARAH, I don't know how but a Warrior can tell you how to bump this thread to the top. Every week we have dozens of people that want to know if the IM dream is possible. Would you give us your approximate age?
        ALL the continued success,
        Serry
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9183898].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author sarah23
          Originally Posted by serryjw View Post

          SARAH, I don't know how but a Warrior can tell you how to bump this thread to the top. Every week we have dozens of people that want to know if the IM dream is possible. Would you give us your approximate age?
          ALL the continued success,
          Serry
          I am 26
          Signature
          "Gathering correct information and taking actions will boom your business.
          Never be afraid of failures and success will follow you"

          By My Unsung Guru and Mentor
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9185791].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Aaron0669
    Hi Sarah,
    Congratulations. I am just starting and I'm looking forward to the day I give my boss the resignation letter too.
    All the best.
    Signature

    Get my Free Report "How to setup your blog in 7 minutes"
    http://boonkoh.com/7minuteswpsetup

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9182498].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jamescanz
    Congrats !

    I never got to say goodbye to any of my bosses, as they all let me go without any fore-warning.

    Guess I was never cut out to have a 9-5

    Anyway, today will be a day you never forget !
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9182538].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WF Captain
    Congrats on your success. 99% of people who attempt to make a living in this industry never make it and you have been fortunate enough to become one of the truly successful. I like seeing these kinds of posts because it proves that with enough hard work and perseverance, it is possible to succeed. Good luck on your marketing endeavors and I wish you a great future.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9182592].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author harrydog
      Congratulations Sarah
      as others have said would be nice to know how you have managed this as $20K per month is a great achievement.

      I will second on the thing you have said.
      The key for me was finding your niche - this is crucial. I think so may people fail in this business as they try to look for something they think will make money rather than looking at what they know about or are passionate about and then work out how to make money from it by helping others to solve their own problems.

      I tried everything to get going and all the time it was staring me in the face. I went into a niche I have loved for many years (horse racing) and now we have 3 sites, we have shares in 6 horses, get to go racing a lot and have a bloodstock agency with the top Trainer in Ireland - dream come true.
      Its taken us 2 years of hard graft and sticking to the plan and now its starting to pay off. By the end of this year we will have a 6 figure+ business and a great lifestyle (don't get me wrong its still hard work)

      So finding your won Niche is crucial - don't chase the money - look for your passion, it much more enjoyable.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9182645].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nail Yener
    Congratulations Sarah. I feel happy for you. You are a proof that with hard work and dedication one can get to the point s/he wishes. You have some very solid advice there and I hope newcomers will take it and act upon it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9182628].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author talfighel
    Sarah,

    Way to go. Congrats on building a very successful internet business.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9182637].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChickenMan
    Thank you Sarah, you just gave me some inspiration
    Signature

    If money grew on trees, we'd all die from a lack of oxygen.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9182937].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CanadaSEOguy
    This is the WSO that this "resiging" post is designed to ultimately boost it seems:

    http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-...s-stories.html
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9183129].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Katie Rich
      Originally Posted by CanadaSEOguy View Post

      This is the WSO that this "resiging" post is designed to ultimately boost it seems:
      http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-...s-stories.html
      If so, then she resigned two years ago and has only just decided to share. The WSO above is dated 10-04-2012! :rolleyes:

      Sarah, congratulations! You go girl, ignore the sarcasm.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9183321].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Nail Yener
        Originally Posted by Katie Rich View Post

        If so, then she resigned two years ago and has only just decided to share. The WSO above is dated 10-04-2012! :rolleyes:
        Funny thing is nobody would have figured such a connection if the poster did not mention it and give a link to it. I guess by the logic of that poster, anyone who uses a product/method that is sold/shared here cannot make a genuine success post like this without promoting that product.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9183396].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author datingworld
        Originally Posted by CanadaSEOguy View Post

        This is the WSO that this "resiging" post is designed to ultimately boost it seems:

        http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-...s-stories.html
        Don't accuse or assume things if you don't have any clue.
        Did Sarah put any link to my WSO in her post?
        No One's post needs to boost my WSO. I bump it regularly and since it has been launched, it has been bumped 500-600 times. Also I have been promoting it with Banner Ads here coz I can afford it and will be promoting it for as long as I want.

        Originally Posted by Katie Rich View Post

        If so, then she resigned two years ago and has only just decided to share. The WSO above is dated 10-04-2012! :rolleyes:

        Sarah, congratulations! You go girl, ignore the sarcasm.
        Hi Katie,
        The mentioned WSO is mine. Yes it was luanched on 10-04-2012
        Where does Sarah's post on my WSO suggest that she resgined 2 years ago? Probably you had just a quick look at the WSO launched date and you assumed she resigned that time :confused:
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9183626].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Katie Rich
          Originally Posted by datingworld View Post

          Hi Katie,
          The mentioned WSO is mine. Yes it was luanched on 10-04-2012
          Where does Sarah's post on my WSO suggest that she resgined 2 years ago? Probably you had just a quick look at the WSO launched date and you assumed she resigned that time :confused:
          Hummm, you have misinterpreted my meaning. I didn't assume anything, Sarah had never mentioned your WSO, CanadaSEOGuy had just found the post.

          I was being sarcastic to CanadaSEOGuy, hence the ..roll.:rolleyes:..eyes. And I wish Sarah all the best success.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9183777].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author datingworld
            Originally Posted by Katie Rich View Post

            Hummm, you have misinterpreted my meaning. I didn't assume anything, Sarah had never mentioned your WSO, CanadaSEOGuy had just found the post.

            I was being sarcastic to CanadaSEOGuy, hence the ..roll.:rolleyes:..eyes. And I wish Sarah all the best success.

            Yes Katie, I misinterpreted it :confused:
            I was bit upset on the way my WSO was brought up by CanadaSEOGuy for nothing sake.

            Hope you didn't mind, I am Sorry
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9183878].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steven Miranda
    That is a great accomplishment. Congrats.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9183131].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BrandonLB
    JEALOUS

    Just kidding, congrats! Can't wait to be in your shoes.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9183162].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Devilfish168
      Congrats!
      for me I still struggling...as my IM didn't work well...

      my target is simple..in fact...constantly monthly managed to earn 3.5K
      and get pay instantly to my paypal ..thus I can straight direct bank in to my bank saving acct and withdraw the cash just like what I doing for my full time job...

      if you don't mind can tell me what niche PM me , I don't mind join under you...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9183193].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author niall17
        congrats sarah your an inspiration to us all....I wish you only the best of luck with your new business.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9183295].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MarketingBees
    http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-...ml#post7111590 - Perhaps that's a better link to the OP's comment?

    Although all I'd say is: So what?

    The OP Sarah is making money online, whether that's from dating websites or not, and my congratulations go out to you and good luck for the future Sarah!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9183440].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JasonB
    Congrats! Congrats! Congrats! Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!

    All I would like to know is, where is the income coming from?

    What multiple streams of income are you using?

    Thanks!...... and CONGRATS Again!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9183635].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9183644].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mathewboly
    Congratulation for your brilliant success. carry on & target your aim. I am sure you will reach top your destination.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9183754].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author iAmNameLess
    No offense to the OP, but you usually have to take these kinds of posts with a grain of salt.

    However... There is a lot of good information in here for people that are just starting out.
    1.) Don't quit your job without a safety net
    2.) Make money online while working a regular job
    3.) Don't let the first glimpse of money make you feel you should quit your job.

    Too many people get into this industry, actually offline marketing and internet marketing, out of desperation. I was someone that got into it out of desperation, but I don't recommend that for anyone. The truth is, most people that need money quick, out of desperation or whatever else, will usually quit before they can make any.

    This is a nice template for anybody wanting to quit their job. Save up a year of expenses, minimum. Have a house you own, not rent. Have proof of concept, monthly revenues where you're able to actually forecast income and not live check to check. A safety net/emergency fund is extremely important. Without it, you will likely fail and not be able to weather whatever storm is headed your way.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9183901].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Nail Yener
      Originally Posted by iAmNameLess View Post

      1.) Don't quit your job without a safety net
      2.) Make money online while working a regular job
      3.) Don't let the first glimpse of money make you feel you should quit your job.
      I guess I won't give this advice but I won't give the other type of advice either. I think it all depends on the person. Their character, goals, and conditions.

      I quit my job without doing 1-2-3 on your list and I didn't regret that one single day in the last five years.

      I have family members and friends who work at jobs that have been talking to me about how they want to do this and that, how they want to create something online in the last five years and I know that we will be talking about the same stuff till their retirement.

      Not everyone who comes here and learns internet marketing has what is needed to succeed. Not everyone will take action, not everyone will take risks, not everyone will work hard, not everyone will not be afraid of failing, not everyone will not care about what others say. Most importantly, not everyone can figure out what to do themselves, they need others to tell them what to do. That's totally cool but this type of characteristic is not suitable for IM or in other words building a business.

      And if someone has it, what it takes to succeed, having a job or not will not matter much because s/he will do anything required to succeed despite difficulties.

      There are exceptions for sure but for most people a job is a safety zone. A job is an alternative to building your own business and doing what you want. A job is an excuse not to work hard on your ideas and goals. Most people who touch IM in a way at one point of their lives that has a job will never follow their dreams and become their own boss. Never. They will keep dreaming and they will find themselves in front of their desk in the office the next morning.

      I am not saying jobs are evil. I am saying working online while working also at a job is not something everyone can do and if someone has what it takes to succeed on their own, having a job or not will not matter at all.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9184224].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author iAmNameLess
        Originally Posted by Nail Yener View Post

        I am not saying jobs are evil. I am saying working online while working also at a job is not something everyone can do and if someone has what it takes to succeed on their own, having a job or not will not matter at all.
        This is awful advice. People have lost their homes because of that line of thinking. They have ended up in a financial hurricane because of a dream without logic.

        Yes, some people can succeed without having a job. However, most won't. Most that have money to put into IM or heck even their own offline business don't succeed.

        Luck is a terribly unreliable thing to depend on. If you're smart, you have money saved up to be able to handle a little turbulence.

        If you have a family that depends on you, quitting your job for something that you haven't been successful in yet, is idiotic. There is no overnight success.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9186356].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Nail Yener
          Originally Posted by iAmNameLess View Post

          This is awful advice. People have lost their homes because of that line of thinking. They have ended up in a financial hurricane because of a dream without logic.

          Yes, some people can succeed without having a job. However, most won't. Most that have money to put into IM or heck even their own offline business don't succeed.

          Luck is a terribly unreliable thing to depend on. If you're smart, you have money saved up to be able to handle a little turbulence.

          If you have a family that depends on you, quitting your job for something that you haven't been successful in yet, is idiotic. There is no overnight success.
          That was not an advice, it was an opinion, my personal opinion. My opening sentence included "I won't give the other type of advice either". I can't advise anyone to quit their job to pursue IM, I also won't tell anyone not to quit their job until they make it because they may never make it when there is always an alternative, their job. My point was and is that the comfort of a job will prevent a person to pursue their dreams and take action upon that most of the times. There are exceptions and Sarah is one of them.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9186435].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author maxigee
    Hi Sarah, Congratulations!!! $20,000 is heaps of money and I congratulate you for that but I agree with iAmNameLess. Online business can be a pain in the a## sometimes and quitting your job wasn't really a good idea to me. Besides, you should never get tired of making money you know. It feels really good, working in several places and brings heaps of stacks home every month. That was just my opinion though. Congrats again on your success, such a huge encourage for starters, including me. Thanks
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9183956].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RyanLB
    Congrats, it is truly a big step. Make sure that you remain diligent in your downtime. I can be very easy to become sidetracked when you work from home.
    Signature

    I'm a Freelance Copywriter that helps Agencies, Startups and Businesses Educate Their Audience and Grow Sales
    Skype Me: r.boze
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9183995].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nickels
    Congrats!!!! Thank you for sharing Sarah.
    Signature
    If you don't build your dream
    someone else will hire you to help
    build theirs.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9183999].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chasnsx
    I am immediately suspicious of anyone who is living in the United Kingdom (or anywhere outside the U.S. or its territories for that matter) but gives their income in $. There is no need for that unless you are either selling to an American audience or boasting to one. Just about everyone on this forum I actually know in the U.K. or Europe who told a genuine story gave their income in pounds or euros -- because that is what they were paying their bills with. Just sayin.'
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9184037].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Katie Rich
      Originally Posted by chasnsx View Post

      I am immediately suspicious of anyone who is living in the United Kingdom (or anywhere outside the U.S. or its territories for that matter) but gives their income in $. There is no need for that unless you are either selling to an American audience or boasting to one. Just about everyone on this forum I actually know in the U.K. or Europe who told a genuine story gave their income in pounds or euros -- because that is what they were paying their bills with. Just sayin.'
      Nope. You are quite wrong. I live in the UK and I use $'s in forum posts. Reason being that almost everyone can translate their own currency into dollars but very few know how it translates with £'s sterling.

      I love our currency, but it's not multi national like $'s.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9184111].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sarah23
      Originally Posted by chasnsx View Post

      I am immediately suspicious of anyone who is living in the United Kingdom (or anywhere outside the U.S. or its territories for that matter) but gives their income in $. There is no need for that unless you are either selling to an American audience or boasting to one. Just about everyone on this forum I actually know in the U.K. or Europe who told a genuine story gave their income in pounds or euros -- because that is what they were paying their bills with. Just sayin.'
      It means you don't know how IM works?

      I have sites which targets customers from around the world (and if you have little bit of General Knowledge people use $ globally). Better you learn IM and gain some General Knowledge before passing snarky comments.
      Signature
      "Gathering correct information and taking actions will boom your business.
      Never be afraid of failures and success will follow you"

      By My Unsung Guru and Mentor
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9185785].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Leslie B
      Originally Posted by chasnsx View Post

      I am immediately suspicious of anyone who is living in the United Kingdom (or anywhere outside the U.S. or its territories for that matter) but gives their income in $. There is no need for that unless you are either selling to an American audience or boasting to one. Just about everyone on this forum I actually know in the U.K. or Europe who told a genuine story gave their income in pounds or euros -- because that is what they were paying their bills with. Just sayin.'
      I don't agree. I live in Europe, Belgium to be exact, and I count the income from my online income in $ because that's how I'm paid. You shouldn't assume based on how you do things yourself.

      Leslie
      Signature
      Taking it one day at a time!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9185823].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Crowsnest
    What a brilliant inspirational post, particularly to people like me who are just starting out in IM and are not confident yet in my own abilities.
    I recently took part in the Quick Start Challenge and after much doubt I finally got my blog up and running and I am enjoying the learning process. Thank you again.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9184066].message }}
  • wow that's what am talking bout you have gust baby
    Signature

    David Oriol
    -------------------------------------------------->>>
    AFFILIATE links and sites you don't control!) Get all the details here

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9184270].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seoraghu
    Originally Posted by sarah23 View Post

    I can't believe I have done it. I couldn't stop myself to keep this moment secret to me. I have to share it.

    Almost 2 and half years in internet marketing have boomed my earnings, skills and confidence.

    I put my resignation on my boss table's yesterday
    The first question he asked me whether I got a better job and I said No, its a better Business that I want to focus on. When I told him that I am resigning for my online business, he was shocked and he couldn't believe that normal person can earn Big money on internet. Trust me he was begging me if I can teach him internet marketing as well I have directed him to warriorforum though

    Here what I am today.
    I had a full time job for almost 7 years in a very lucrative industry and I had a good salary.
    I have paid 100% mortgage on my 3 bedroom house (last month I paid it in total) So I will never be worried about housing anymore.
    I have savings for 3 years of living. So I won't be worried about it for at least 3 years.
    I am making more or less $20000 from internet every month and the revenues keep growing every month. It took me almost 2 and half years to get here. Now I will be focusing more on my online work and will be scaling up my business. My traffic is from SEO, Free Traffic and Paid Traffic. I have learnt not to depend on one source of traffic. I can say I am good in pulling traffic from all 3 sources (paid, free & SEO)

    Posting my resignation doesn't mean to show off.
    I just want to reassure all the newbies and struggling warriors that it is possible that anyone can build a business online. Trust me if I can built it, then most of you can. I count myself as average learner though I am very hard working person.

    My advice for all
    - Find a niche where you can build business.
    - Learn more and more.
    - Keep taking actions on anything you learn.
    - Never lose hope.
    - Never be afraid of failures and success will follow you (my inspirational Mentor told me that, If he is reading, You have all my respect and love )
    - Whenever you are working, Forget the whole world, just focus on your work with full dedication and commitment.
    - Don't take your blog or site as just a simple site, treat it as your business.
    - Remember nothing is impossible if you have strong desires and willingness to success.

    My Best wishes for all warriors
    Nice to hear from you and it is a real inspiration, I am literally struggling to put many of my thinking into action, but I think your words have just made some hope within me.

    Let me again think in my ideas and take action in fact.
    Signature
    BrekTheRace - A Hub for Blogging, SEO, Make Money, Computers and Much More..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9185832].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Leslie B
    And I would almost forget Congratulations with your success Sarah. I wish you the best of luck for the future, but I'm sure you'll do fine without luck anyway

    Leslie
    Signature
    Taking it one day at a time!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9185833].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SunnyDelight
    WOW! Congrats! Im so happy for you. Keep moving on up. Your an inspiration to me.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9185869].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cabenb
    Congrats! Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Signature
    Install our Brand New FREE Fast Discount Finder Chrome Extension It will find you the best discounts on Amazon on the fly!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9185890].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Patrick Batty
      Good for you Sarah. Congrats.
      I kissed the corporate world goodbye 3 years ago. The only way I could be happier about it is if I would have done it 20 years earlier.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9192620].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cupra
    Wow! I hope I can do it as well
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9185903].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author malik4u7861
    Thank you sharing your success story
    Signature

    midrees

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9185939].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DevEdge
    Many congratulations. It takes courage to reach that point and actually take action for your future.

    Very inspiring to a lot of people.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9185957].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DaveDee
    Congratulations Sarah. I hope that by sharing your experience you could inspire others to do the same and achieve the same level of success you had. Thanks and best of luck to you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9185961].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Chosen2013
    Congratulations on your success, Sarah!
    Signature
    I exchange E-Currencies(PP<>Payza<>PM<>Payoneer<>Skrill<>Paxum< >WMZ).
    My ICQ: 498*639*434, Skype: Chosen_FTS
    I will show you my references on request.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9186014].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WarnerDigitalMD
    Congrats Sarah, about 95% of us here are striving to do what you just did! Awesome job!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9186411].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author seriousmny
    Congratulations your hard work has paid off for you!!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9186426].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nomoreslaving
    I love this post
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9186451].message }}
  • Congrats Sarah! Reading your story gives me inspiration to keep on moving no matter what.
    Signature

    Sig in the making ...

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9186461].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author brettb
    Well done to OP, although I'm always skeptical of people who post no proof of income.

    I was always skeptical of this IM personality who claimed to be making $$$$ from Squidoo. Then she stopped posting - well remember to not put all your eggs in one basket. Invest your profits in other ventures, offline and online.

    I do however have a friend who launched a site last year and it's now pulling in $7000 a month. So it can be done.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9186970].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9186974].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author NeshSab
      Great news Sarah! I'm truly inspired by your sincere post.

      Would you mind telling us what is your income model - selling products, CPA or other?

      Thanks,
      Nesh
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9187201].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author sarah23
        Originally Posted by NeshSab View Post

        Great news Sarah! I'm truly inspired by your sincere post.

        Would you mind telling us what is your income model - selling products, CPA or other?

        Thanks,
        Nesh
        Well honestly I didn't want to mention my income model, so no one can say I am promoting something but since many are asking, I would confirm I am into dating sites.
        Signature
        "Gathering correct information and taking actions will boom your business.
        Never be afraid of failures and success will follow you"

        By My Unsung Guru and Mentor
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9188936].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MarketMaster13
    Congratulations on your success Sarah!
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9187209].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CanadaSEOguy
    I find it interesting that you BOTH get so defensive.

    I find it interesting that you are both from the UK.

    I also find it interesting that you waited until you made $20k/mth to quit your job.

    That would insinuate that you were making WELL OVER $10k/mth in your day job... at 23-26 years old. In fact you were making SO much in your day job that$10k/mth was not worth it to quit your job.

    I would love to know what "job" you can work at from 23-26yrs old with not perfect english here in the USA that pays $10-15k/mth
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9189138].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tom B
      Banned
      Originally Posted by CanadaSEOguy View Post

      I find it interesting that you BOTH get so defensive.

      I find it interesting that you are both from the UK.

      I also find it interesting that you waited until you made $20k/mth to quit your job.

      That would insinuate that you were making WELL OVER $10k/mth in your day job... at 23-26 years old. In fact you were making SO much in your day job that$10k/mth was not worth it to quit your job.

      I would love to know what "job" you can work at from 23-26yrs old with not perfect english here in the USA that pays $10-15k/mth
      Give it a break already. Stop hating.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9190151].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Originally Posted by CanadaSEOguy View Post

      I also find it interesting that you waited until you made $20k/mth to quit your job.

      That would insinuate that you were making WELL OVER $10k/mth in your day job... at 23-26 years old.
      Nope..bad logic. It would insinuate that they know that IM is not like a paycheck but comes with its ups and downs in income. It insinuates that they understood they needed a buffer above their needed income and wanted to have enough cash to fall back on should things get slow.

      Your post would insinuate that you over reached in your conclusions.

      btw what does the Uk have to do with this? I am on the East Coast of the US and my BEST customers have almost all been from the UK

      I mean they talk funny and don't know how to spell center but besides that and those awful hats their rather fit! They've done quite well for a country that lost almost an entire continent
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9190235].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Katie Rich
        Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

        Nope..bad logic. It would insinuate that they know that IM is not like a paycheck but comes with its ups and downs in income. It insinuates that they understood they needed a buffer above their needed income and wanted to have enough cash to fall back on should things get slow.

        Your post would insinuate that you over reached in your conclusions.

        btw what does the Uk have to do with this? I am on the East Coast of the US and my BEST customers have almost all been from the UK

        I mean they talk funny and don't know how to spell center but besides that and those awful hats their rather fit! They've done quite well for a country that lost almost an entire continent
        Talk funny? EEE lad we dernt tawk odd raand ere, thas kidding thisen. .

        Centre. I can spell it fine. And yes, losing a country or two is understandable, though losing a whole continent is rather clumsy, but we manage fine with what is left.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9190252].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
          Originally Posted by Katie Rich View Post

          Talk funny? EEE lad we dernt tawk odd raand ere, thas kidding thisen. .

          Centre. I can spell it fine. And yes, losing a country or two is understandable, though losing a whole continent is rather clumsy, but we manage fine with what is left.
          my customers all have similar good come backs but whats telling is you all have no defense for those hats

          and its centER just like it sounds not CentRE

          As proof if you were correct then repeat would be pronounced "ERpeat"
          but either way I am a sucker for a girl with an English "accent"no matter how she spells. We "yanks" can instruct you on how to talk PROPER English after the wedding when we take you away from that little Island. lol
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9190284].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author bangwhosnext
            Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

            my customers all have similar good come backs but whats telling is you all have no defense for those hats

            and its centER just like it sounds not CentRE

            As proof if you were correct then repeat would be pronounced "ERpeat"
            but either way I am a sucker for a girl with an English "accent"no matter how she spells. We "yanks" can instruct you on how to talk PROPER English after the wedding when we take you away from that little Island. lol
            Not trying to derail the thread here, but considering the language is English, then I'm sure the English way of spelling is the correct way. Americans seem to have just dumbed it down for themselves to make it spell like it sounds.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9190340].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
              Originally Posted by bangwhosnext View Post

              . Americans seem to have just dumbed it down for themselves to make it spell like it sounds.
              We refuse to be called dumb after this



              Signature

              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9190370].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Katie Rich
            Originally Posted by Mike Anthony View Post

            my customers all have similar good come backs but whats telling is you all have no defense for those hats

            Nope, no defence for the hats.

            and its centER just like it sounds not CentRE

            Can we settle for Middle?

            As proof if you were correct then repeat would be pronounced "ERpeat"
            but either way I am a sucker for a girl with an English "accent"no matter how she spells. We "yanks" can instruct you on how to talk PROPER English after the wedding when we take you away from that little Island. lol
            We .... WE? Humm, I could be washing my hair that day ..
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9190425].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author squidface
    Banned
    out of interest Sarah what was your day job?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9189144].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kazim
    First of all congratulation. Thanks a lot for sharing such an motivating store. It will help people like me to take the right decision.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9189157].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CanadaSEOguy
    This is your description of yourself in your profile:

    "Good looking girl with lots of Internet Marketing Inspirations"

    I don't know many attractive girls that refer to themselves as good looking.

    Seems incredibly unrealistic that you are a real person and not a fake account.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9189174].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Katie Rich
      Originally Posted by CanadaSEOguy View Post

      This is your description of yourself in your profile:

      "Good looking girl with lots of Internet Marketing Inspirations"

      I don't know many attractive girls that refer to themselves as good looking.

      Seems incredibly unrealistic that you are a real person and not a fake account.
      Does it matter? Really? How would we ever know anyway.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9190108].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author squidface
        Banned
        Originally Posted by Katie Rich View Post

        Does it matter? Really? How would we ever know anyway.
        By her picture possibly..if it's real.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9190179].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TomCrick
    Wow, that's an awesome achievement. I love reading success stories like this 'cause it gives me the feeling that it absolutely CAN be done - and is, by people like you, Sarah. Congrats again - and thank you
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9189207].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author NathanJames
    Way to go Sarah!, One day i will reach my pinacle like you.

    Nathan
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9190311].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bizgrower
    Congratulations and thanks for posting this:

    Originally Posted by sarah23 View Post


    My advice for all
    - Find a niche where you can build business.
    - Learn more and more.
    - Keep taking actions on anything you learn.
    - Never lose hope.
    - Never be afraid of failures and success will follow you (my inspirational Mentor told me that, If he is reading, You have all my respect and love )
    - Whenever you are working, Forget the whole world, just focus on your work with full dedication and commitment.
    - Don't take your blog or site as just a simple site, treat it as your business.
    - Remember nothing is impossible if you have strong desires and willingness to success.

    My Best wishes for all warriors
    Signature

    "If you think you're the smartest person in the room, then you're probably in the wrong room."

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9190478].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author David Mcalorum
    Thats such awesome news! Congradulations! Its
    seriously the best thing you will ever do for yourself.
    I remember the day I quit over 5 years ago and have
    never looked back since then.

    If I had a beer, I would cheers you for your new
    exciting phase in life
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9190718].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DURABLEOILCOM
    It feels good when you leave the rat race and become the Cat
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9190756].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author azulita
    Hi Sarah. Congratulations for your success. Your story is an inspiration for a lot of us here in the warrior forum who want to become independent one day.

    Thanks for shared your story. =)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9190826].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author naidyphoon
    Sarah you put a tear in my eye, congrats
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9190915].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author EzamMarjan
    Well done and congratulation! Many here has similar dream...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9190950].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Trey Morgan
    I can just imagine the look on your bosses face when you said that you quit your job to focus on your online business. Online marketing has built a pretty bad reputation in the offline world and most people think the whole things is a scam, so when you literally quit your job because you're making a nice monthly sum from online marketing your boss had no choice, but to respect you.

    Congratulations.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9191097].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wesleywinter
    Very inspirational post. Gives me a ton of motivation! Congrats!!
    Signature
    I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9191106].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kevin Walker
    Hi Sarah, how about some more background on you, your business and your prior job; as you can see you have quite a fan base here who are keen to know more about you and your online business?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9192361].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jackie0433
    I'm glad another Warrior fired their boss and became their own! Very proud of you Sarah.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9192661].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Michele Miller
      Well done Sarah! You've obviously worked super hard, and to pay off your house in the UK is awesome. Houses don't come cheap there - I know - I grew up there!

      Ignore the jealous people on this thread. You only posted to share in your excitement and to give hope to others that it can be done. That hardly deserves such scrutiny when you are selling them nothing! Haters be haters lol.

      Enjoy your new found financial freedom. Congratulations! At such a young age that is an awesome achievement!

      To more success in your future!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9193557].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author sarah23
        Originally Posted by Michele Miller View Post

        Well done Sarah! You've obviously worked super hard, and to pay off your house in the UK is awesome. Houses don't come cheap there - I know - I grew up there!

        Ignore the jealous people on this thread. You only posted to share in your excitement and to give hope to others that it can be done. That hardly deserves such scrutiny when you are selling them nothing! Haters be haters lol.

        Enjoy your new found financial freedom. Congratulations! At such a young age that is an awesome achievement!

        To more success in your future!
        Thanks Michele for your valuable advice.

        I am ignoring the haters I don't care what they are saying. I am here on forum for myself, not for them
        Tiny minority of jealous souls cannot tolerate other people's excitement
        Signature
        "Gathering correct information and taking actions will boom your business.
        Never be afraid of failures and success will follow you"

        By My Unsung Guru and Mentor
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9195368].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author renukoot
          Congrats Sarah...!!!!

          I too think, that if you have dedication & trust on yourself, nothing can be impossible...Well I M POSSIBLE is the saying in itself...

          Gladly you make it...and hopefully soon I wish many will make it too.

          Once again Congrats & God Bless
          Signature
          www.caressl.com - Upto 75% Discount on SSL Certificates & Website Scanner. If you don't find what you looking for, raise a support query and we will get you that SSL Certificate.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9195421].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author salegurus
          Originally Posted by sarah23 View Post

          Thanks Michele for your valuable advice.

          I am ignoring the haters I don't care what they are saying. I am here on forum for myself, not for them
          Tiny minority of jealous souls cannot tolerate other people's excitement
          You know Sarah, it's easy to call people who are a bit skeptical Haters but you have to look at it from their point of view.
          Yes there are people who may simply be jealous of other people's success and try to put them down and yes there are people who are so naive they simply believe everything they read online as fact.

          If a relative unknown drops in one day to proclaim that they are making a 6 figure income with dating sites, paid off their 3 bedroom house and managed to save 3 years worth of living expenses all within 7 years there will be a few skeptics.

          The internet is full of fraudsters, liars and scammers, naturally people are more skeptical with these unproven claims so i would not be so quick to call everyone who may have doubts about your success haters.

          Anyway, hope i have given you a different point of view.
          Good luck with your business...
          Signature
          Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

          ― George Carlin
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9195853].message }}
    • Originally Posted by chasnsx View Post

      I am immediately suspicious of anyone who is living in the United Kingdom (or anywhere outside the U.S. or its territories for that matter) but gives their income in $. There is no need for that unless you are either selling to an American audience or boasting to one. Just about everyone on this forum I actually know in the U.K. or Europe who told a genuine story gave their income in pounds or euros -- because that is what they were paying their bills with. Just sayin.'
      That's like chastising a person for not posting in their native language.

      Originally Posted by Katie Rich View Post

      Nope. You are quite wrong. I live in the UK and I use $'s in forum posts. Reason being that almost everyone can translate their own currency into dollars but very few know how it translates with £'s sterling.

      I love our currency, but it's not multi national like $'s.
      ^^this!

      Originally Posted by CanadaSEOguy View Post

      I also find it interesting that you waited until you made $20k/mth to quit your job.

      That would insinuate that you were making WELL OVER $10k/mth in your day job... at 23-26 years old. In fact you were making SO much in your day job that$10k/mth was not worth it to quit your job.

      I would love to know what "job" you can work at from 23-26yrs old with not perfect english here in the USA that pays $10-15k/mth
      I don't see a problem with this. Everyone has their OWN job quitting comfort zone. Some people due to their situation (i.e. are married & spouse has an income) can quit as soon as they're consistently making their current salary. Others want a buffer AND/OR have certain financial goals.

      If you look at her OP, you'll see that she stated that she has 3 years of savings & paid off her mortgage IF she quit her job the second she started making $10K a month (or whatever her salary was), she might not have been able to do that in the time period it was accomplished.

      Also people have certain lifestyle goals they want to live. I'm currently renting with some roommates, but I want to own my own home. I won't be able to do that with my current salary. I have bills I want to pay off, if I quit the second I "match" my salary, they'll never get paid off in the time frame I'm seeking.

      I'm into Racing, on my current salary, I can't attend the races I want to AND survive every day. I need more money. So even though it's several times my current salary, $10K is my initial goal, I'd love to get to $20K. Not to "buy more" but so that I can have a cushion stashed away for any rough periods.

      I want to be able to travel several times a year & see this world of ours, if I'm "satisfied" with my current salary & quit my job, I wouldn't be able to afford to travel to Austin much less Oz or across the Pond.

      So when I post my "I just told my boss to take this job & shove it" post, I'm sure you'll "question" why I quit my job at $10K or $15K or $20K or whatever the amount ends up being & not at $1K or $2K or whatever figure YOU think I should have done so at.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9193563].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author sarah23
        Originally Posted by millionairesandie View Post

        That's like chastising a person for not posting in their native language.





        I don't see a problem with this. Everyone has their OWN job quitting comfort zone. Some people due to their situation (i.e. are married & spouse has an income) can quit as soon as they're consistently making their current salary. Others want a buffer AND/OR have certain financial goals.

        If you look at her OP, you'll see that she stated that she has 3 years of savings & paid off her mortgage IF she quit her job the second she started making $10K a month (or whatever her salary was), she might not have been able to do that in the time period it was accomplished.

        Also people have certain lifestyle goals they want to live. I'm currently renting with some roommates, but I want to own my own home. I won't be able to do that with my current salary. I have bills I want to pay off, if I quit the second I "match" my salary, they'll never get paid off in the time frame I'm seeking.

        I'm into Racing, on my current salary, I can't attend the races I want to AND survive every day. I need more money. So even though it's several times my current salary, $10K is my initial goal, I'd love to get to $20K. Not to "buy more" but so that I can have a cushion stashed away for any rough periods.

        I want to be able to travel several times a year & see this world of ours, if I'm "satisfied" with my current salary & quit my job, I wouldn't be able to afford to travel to Austin much less Oz or across the Pond.

        So when I post my "I just told my boss to take this job & shove it" post, I'm sure you'll "question" why I quit my job at $10K or $15K or $20K or whatever the amount ends up being & not at $1K or $2K or whatever figure YOU think I should have done so at.
        Thanks Millionairesandie,
        I decided to ignore haters but then you have said what I wanted to say.
        Thanks. Stay blessed
        Signature
        "Gathering correct information and taking actions will boom your business.
        Never be afraid of failures and success will follow you"

        By My Unsung Guru and Mentor
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9195379].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author edizzle62
    Congrats and this gave me even more hope, I'm working on my site and want to be in you spot as soon as possible. I am glad I joined this Forum. Is there any advice on where I should start reading on the forum. I am a bit overwhelmed hahaha
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9193764].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pintara3
    Congratulations Sarah and thanks for sharing your success for others to see it is possible.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9196189].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Onephasebeyond
    That is awesome! Super inspiring for someone like me. Congrats
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9196275].message }}

Trending Topics