So here we go..I started my business back in January, and now want to rent an email list off of a broker so I can expand the number of visitors to my website and subscribers to my newsletter. I don't want to ask if that's smart or not because Perry Marshall (Adwords guru) showed me a system to make it work that got a 20-25% conversion.
But here's the thing...how do you deal with "mailing list logistics"?
I have two options:
1) Pay $400 for 10.000 names delivered to me in an Excel file that I'll need to email myself
2) Pay $800 for 250.000 names that the list owner will email FOR me
I can't really miss 800 bucks right now and I think that's a too large amount of money to test whether email lists work for me, so I tend to go with number 1). But the logistics...omg...
- 10.000 names would mean that, at a fast 30 seconds per email rate, it would take me a little more than 83 hours to email all those guys in my highly targeted list
- Because I have other business to attend to as well, 83 hours would mean that it would take me several weeks before I've emailed everyone
- If I hire a VA to do it, at a minimum VA wage of $10 per hour..that's $830 I can't afford
So what do you guys think I should do?
Go "hardball" and throw in those 83 hours myself, hire someone to do it..or go for the $800 list because it'll end up being cheapier?
All ideas are welcome and expect me to be very grateful in return, I might just return a favor for a favor if you help me out with this one