I'm seeing allot more threads being closed or deleted.

28 replies
In the last while I'm seeing allot of threads being closed or deleted for reasons beyond my understanding.

I have been around long enough to have a pretty good grasp on threads that will remain active, and those that will obviously be deleted or closed.

However, it appears that there are new mods in town with trigger happy fingers closing threads left and right that can be beneficial for both members and the forum owners.

Sure, some threads may seem redundant when people start talking about the design changes etc, (positive or negative), but deleting every one of those threads will only cause members to feel muzzled.

Many threads can lead to heavy debate, but that is what makes (made) this forum a fun place to hang out and learn from peoples difference of opinions.

If you take away the freedom to express our opinions, then you (forum owners) may eventually be running a pretty empty forum in a very short while.

Just saying...
#allot #closed #deleted #threads
  • Profile picture of the author twranks
    Thanks for this post mate. You' hit the nail on the head
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9245052].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author salegurus
    Originally Posted by stoltingmediagroup View Post


    If you take away the freedom to express our opinions, then you (forum owners) may eventually be running a pretty empty forum in a very short while.

    Just saying...
    I'm seeing a lot of threads complaining about how the new owners are running Their Forum, the fonts, banners, colors, new Mods, new "sub" forums etc. and i must say they have taken all the criticism quite well, even implementing suggested changes...

    As far as threads being deleted, my guess is that the majority of them are deleted/moved because people can't read, they keep posting in the wrong forums.

    Also there have been a lot of spam/ self promotion and advertising threads lately that could have contributed to the claimed higher number of deletions...

    Personally i am very happy with the new owners and the way they do things, if a few members are upset enough to quit warrior forum over minor issues, well you'll be missed...

    And of course this is my opinion and not meant to offend people who see it differently....
    Signature
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

    ― George Carlin
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9245075].message }}
    • Originally Posted by salegurus View Post

      I'm seeing a lot of threads complaining about how the new owners are running Their Forum
      Myspace made that mistake, without listening to feedback from its members, and implemented tons of changes based on investor pressure. Look what happened.

      As far as threads being deleted, my guess is that the majority of them are deleted/moved because people can't read. They keep posting in the wrong forums.
      I've seen those, but I'm not talking about those.

      Also there have been a lot of spam/ self promotion and advertising threads lately that could have contributed to the claimed higher number of deletions...
      Yes I've seen allot more posts of that nature, mainly because of a stream of newer members who for some reason believe that this forum is a free classified ads bulletin board. However, I'm also not talking about those...
      Signature
      Arnold Stolting - Stolting Media Group
      "I LOVE The Song! The Vibe Is Positive And Firm!" - Kymani Marley. (Son of Bob Marley)
      "Keep Up The Good Work!" Tony Lindsay - Lead Vocalist, Carlos Santana.

      "Very High Quality!" Jeremy Harding - Manager / Producer. Sean Paul.
      "They Are FANTASTIC!" - Willie Crawford.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9245096].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Mike Anthony
      Originally Posted by salegurus View Post

      I'm seeing a lot of threads complaining about how the new owners are running Their Forum, the fonts, banners, colors, new Mods, new "sub" forums etc. and i must say they have taken all the criticism quite well,
      EXTREMELY well. Not this thread but I have seen some even rude messages. Meanwhile I see no threads locked for any new reason and in many forums the mods are the same mods as were here before the change in ownership.
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9245230].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tpw
      Originally Posted by salegurus View Post

      if a few members are upset enough to quit warrior forum over minor issues, well you'll be missed...

      No they won't. Most will only be a blip on their own radar.
      Signature
      Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
      Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9245455].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BIG Mike
      Banned
      [DELETED]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9246831].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author JohnMcCabe
        Originally Posted by KloudStrife View Post

        I agree with OP
        I've been trying to post some resourceful and helpful material to the General Forum...However they keep getting deleted by trigger happy mods.

        How can I contribute without having my material deleted every time?
        Your profile shows a join date of 6-21-2014 (the same day this is being posted), and you show a post count of 109 posts. That doesn't even count the ones that have been deleted.

        In less than 24 hours, you've had that much "resourceful and helpful" material to share? Give me a break...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9297884].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author joseph7384
          Originally Posted by JohnMcCabe View Post

          Your profile shows a join date of 6-21-2014 (the same day this is being posted), and you show a post count of 109 posts. That doesn't even count the ones that have been deleted.

          In less than 24 hours, you've had that much "resourceful and helpful" material to share? Give me a break...

          John, I think you need to put on your bifocals, I'm wearing mine because us old timers need them. His join date is actually 4-21-2014, but that's still a lot of posts in that time for a newbie.
          Signature

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9297902].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9245085].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
      Participating in this forum is a privilege, not a right. That we have a forum at all is a miracle considering Allan could have sold it to a bunch of lunatics who decided to turn it into a circus for underprivileged marketers. That it still resembles the forum we love is nothing short of a blessing.

      A few threads got deleted? So what? Know how many of my posts have been deleted since I've been here? More than some of you have.

      Be grateful the forum is still here and save your complaining for some REAL problems.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9245105].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author tpw
        Originally Posted by Steven Wagenheim View Post

        Participating in this forum is a privilege, not a right. That we have a forum at all is a miracle considering Allan could have sold it to a bunch of lunatics who decided to turn it into a circus for underprivileged marketers. That it still resembles the forum we love is nothing short of a blessing.

        A few threads got deleted? So what? Know how many of my posts have been deleted since I've been here? More than some of you have.

        Be grateful the forum is still here and save your complaining for some REAL problems.

        You nailed it Steven.

        Remember this one?

        http://www.warriorforum.com/off-topi...one-place.html
        Signature
        Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
        Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9245461].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
          Banned
          Originally Posted by tpw View Post

          I managed, somehow, to miss that, the first time around. But I was really pleased to see it now, even though I may need a new keyboard as a result.

          .
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9245472].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author tpw
            Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

            I managed, somehow, to miss that, the first time around. But I was really pleased to see it now, even though I may need a new keyboard as a result.

            .

            LOL

            I would have thanked you, but I think the new management reduced the number of Thanks I can give in a day, instead of increasing it.

            Someone definitely needs a head-smack.
            Signature
            Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
            Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9245491].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
              Banned
              Originally Posted by CJLBW View Post

              Is there another list or link? Somewhere...?
              Not as far as I know ... I just thought it was a very funny thread (especially Kay's comment right at the end?!).

              Originally Posted by tpw View Post

              I think the new management reduced the number of Thanks I can give in a day, instead of increasing it.

              Someone definitely needs a head-smack.
              You and I have only been campaigning about that for about 4 years, and now we have a whole new management to irritate about it! (And if we can't do that, we'll just practice the harmonica, right?)

              .
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9245513].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author CJLBW
            Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

            I managed, somehow, to miss that, the first time around. But I was really pleased to see it now, even though I may need a new keyboard as a result.
            I've apparently missed it forever. What appears at the link cited is a list of 50 "nuked" items? Is there another list or link? Somewhere...?
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9245506].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author tpw
              Originally Posted by CJLBW View Post

              I've apparently missed it forever. What appears at the link cited is a list of 50 "nuked" items? Is there another list or link? Somewhere...?

              If we have to explain a joke, it isn't as funny.

              The point is that I have been here long enough to see hundreds of my posts / threads locked or deleted.
              Signature
              Bill Platt, Oklahoma USA, PlattPublishing.com
              Publish Coloring Books for Profit (WSOTD 7-30-2015)
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9245538].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Kay King
                I just looked through to see what's been locked and I found

                wrong forum
                wrong forum
                idiot
                wrong forum
                group of idiots
                repetitive posting

                Not a one of those threads will be missed. (is that a buck tooth smiley? my goodness)
                Signature
                Every child needs a pet because every family needs an optimist

                Saving one dog will not save the world....but will forever change the world for one dog.
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9245635].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KloudStrife
    I agree with OP
    I've been trying to post some resourceful and helpful material to the General Forum…However they keep getting deleted by trigger happy mods.

    How can I contribute without having my material deleted every time?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9245144].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Katie Rich
      Originally Posted by KloudStrife View Post

      How can I contribute without having my material deleted every time?
      Read the forum rules and only post material that is allowed within those rules. No reason for anyone to delete it then.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9245199].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
      Banned
      Originally Posted by KloudStrife View Post

      I agree with OP
      I've been trying to post some resourceful and helpful material to the General Forum...However they keep getting deleted by trigger happy mods.

      How can I contribute without having my material deleted every time?
      Don't self promote
      Don't post links to your sites ... ever
      Don't post nonsense just to get your signature seen if and when you have one
      Post in the right forum
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9245438].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
      Banned
      Originally Posted by KloudStrife View Post

      I've been trying to post some resourceful and helpful material to the General Forum
      We noticed.

      When you paste in articles from other people's websites, they're going to get deleted. (Did you think nobody would notice? )


      .
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9245449].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tsnyder
      Originally Posted by KloudStrife View Post

      I agree with OP
      I've been trying to post some resourceful and helpful material to the General Forum...However they keep getting deleted by trigger happy mods.

      How can I contribute without having my material deleted every time?
      There are no "trigger happy" mods at this forum... get a clue.

      Have you bothered to read the forum rules before posting
      your helpful tidbits? My bet is your answer lies there.

      As for the OP... haven't noticed any significant change in the
      number of closed or deleted threads. Sometimes we see what
      we want to see...
      Signature
      If you knew what I know you'd be doing what I do...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9245453].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rod Cortez
    Originally Posted by stoltingmediagroup View Post

    In the last while I'm seeing allot of threads being closed or deleted for reasons beyond my understanding.

    I have been around long enough to have a pretty good grasp on threads that will remain active, and those that will obviously be deleted or closed.

    However, it appears that there are new mods in town with trigger happy fingers closing threads left and right that can be beneficial for both members and the forum owners.

    Sure, some threads may seem redundant when people start talking about the design changes etc, (positive or negative), but deleting every one of those threads will only cause members to feel muzzled.

    Many threads can lead to heavy debate, but that is what makes (made) this forum a fun place to hang out and learn from peoples difference of opinions.

    If you take away the freedom to express our opinions, then you (forum owners) may eventually be running a pretty empty forum in a very short while.

    Just saying...
    Without specifics it's difficult to address your post. As one of the many moderators here, I can only comment on what threads I've been deleting or moving.

    Just today I've deleted several posts that were posted in the wrong forum, from members who have been here long enough to know better.

    I've closed some topics that were repeat topics that were already on the first page and sent the poster a quick note (something I normally don't do) . I've deleted a couple from people who asked other members to PM them (not allowed). And the self-promotional posts numbered well over a dozen in the past 24 hours. I'm NOT including the posts that other members have reported, these are just the only ones I've caught on my own.

    Also bear in mind that a person's posting history and their standing in the forum is also taken into consideration when it's a grey area and we need to make a judgment call.

    I've also been seeing a lot more posts where it's purely preaching or it reads like an article, more often than not, those types of posts will probably get deleted or maybe even moved into the Off Topic Forum.

    If you can PM me any specific details on which threads are being closed or deleted that you feel shouldn't have been, I wouldn't mind taking a look at one or two of them.


    RoD
    Signature
    "Your personal philosophy is the greatest determining factor in how your life works out."
    - Jim Rohn
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9245525].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author dbong
      Originally Posted by Rod Cortez View Post

      I've deleted a couple from people who asked other members to PM them (not allowed).

      If you can PM me any specific details on which threads are being closed or deleted that you feel shouldn't have been, I wouldn't mind taking a look at one or two of them.

      RoD
      Hey now, asking other members to PM you is against the rules jokes, of course
      Signature

      Digital Marketer | Investing Enthusiast

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9297908].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MikeFriedman
    Originally Posted by stoltingmediagroup View Post

    In the last while I'm seeing allot of threads being closed or deleted

    It seems like the most appropriate response is.... You're welcome.
    Signature
    SEO, AdWords Management, Social Media Marketing, and more.
    Get a FREE Quote.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9245730].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WinsonYeung
    I love the new changes, especially this make the warrior forum more active. Many changes have taken place after FreeLance acquired warrior forum which is good
    Signature
    [WSO of The Day] Discount How To Generate 172.56% Positive Return OR build your List for FREE!

    "Case Study: Discover You Can Make $1371.66 With A Simple Blog Post by Clicking Here"
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9246604].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Teravel
    Sure, some threads may seem redundant when people start talking about the design changes etc,
    Deleting these threads doesn't mean the new mods are trigger happy... It means they are doing what the other mods didn't have time for. These types of messages DONT belong in this section of the forum. They belong in the Off-Topic forum.

    I have been around long enough to have a pretty good grasp on threads that will remain active, and those that will obviously be deleted or closed.
    Yet you still don't have a grasp on what threads belong in what sections?

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...bers-read.html
    2. Post in the appropriate section of the board. Questions about SEO or posts asking for advice on specific products belong in other areas. Not Main Discussion. Post them here and they're more likely to be deleted than moved.
    If the threads about the new design were started in the correct area, they wouldn't have been deleted. Then, we wouldn't have all these "My thread got deleted" threads.
    Signature

    "Failure is feedback. Feedback is the breakfast of champions." -Fortune Cookie

    PLR Packages - WSO

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9297899].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Paul Langham
    This is manifesting itself in a general reduction of visitors to the forum - just take a look at the 'Viewing' figures for the WSO Forum, in they old days it used to be as much as 12k then it dropped to 6k and is now about 2.5k and dropping further.

    People have choices and there are other places where they are starting to feel more welcome.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9298001].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steven Wagenheim
      Originally Posted by Paul Langham View Post

      This is manifesting itself in a general reduction of visitors to the forum - just take a look at the 'Viewing' figures for the WSO Forum, in they old days it used to be as much as 12k then it dropped to 6k and is now about 2.5k and dropping further.

      People have choices and there are other places where they are starting to feel more welcome.
      Actually Paul, I don't think it's the deleted posts IF there is in fact a reduction in traffic to this forum.

      I think it has more to do with a shift in surfing habits. It is quite possible that forums in general are not as popular as they were years ago with places like Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and on and on.

      I myself don't come here or to any forum as much as I used to. I actually spend more time working these days than anything else but most free time, what little I have, is spent more at Facebook than forums in general. And I used to go to a lot of music and technology related forums quite regularly such as Steinberg, MakeMusic, Sounddesign, and so many others. And of course I used to live here.

      With so many places where you get instant feedback on your musings, like Facebook, I think the forum experience has lost some of its sparkle. I know it has for me. And when I look around, I see very few of the old timers who used to be here all the time. Take a look at most of the member names here. Lots of new faces and very few old faces. And I think the "new" forum participator has a shorter attention span than the folks of the old days. Plus, and let's face it, I think the focus of the forum in general has changed. The new owners, from what I've been told, really purchased this forum for the WSO section. That's where the money is. It isn't in Main Discussion with people asking the same questions that have been asked 8 years ago.

      Truth is, if you typed in your question into the search box (if the darn search actually worked the way it's supposed to) you'd probably find at least 100 threads that are still relevant answering that question.

      Just the other day, I had a question which Alexa answered by posting links to several threads that answered them perfectly. So why retype the same thing when the answer is already there?

      And yes, I've popped over to the OT forum and sure enough, it's shocking to see the handful of new threads that are being posted daily. It used to be that if you started a thread on Monday, by Tuesday morning it was on page 2.

      Those days are probably gone. Again, I think mostly because the public in general is outgrowing these forums.

      Could I be wrong? Of course I could. But if the numbers are as you say (that much of a drastic reduction) then it's not because of deleted threads, because we've always had them in spades. It's because forums in general aren't as popular as they were when we didn't have much else or what we did have wasn't as good.

      There is a very good chance that someday this forum won't be here, or will have changed owners yet again because it wasn't profitable enough. I would never rule it out. Not when I actually was around for the day when Allen Says sold the Warrior Forum.

      Those of you here before even I arrived, roll that around in your brain for a while. Allen Says sold the Warrior Forum.

      After that, nothing would surprise me.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9298042].message }}

Trending Topics