So, I've been reading up for the last week and have formulated a plan. I'd be really grateful if anyone could advise if I'm thinking along the right lines or not!
1. Buy domain (I intend to brand my own name as I'll be marketing several holistic-related services) and hosting (can anyone recommend good UK hosting?).
2. Design website: a friend who is a pro has offered to do this for me in exchange for four yoga lessons.
3. Get an autoresponder account.
4. Write a free ebook (that solves a problem) as an incentive for subscribers.
5. Create written content for website (I have dozens of posts from my Tumblr that I intend to repurpose).
6. Create video and audio content (YouTube will be a major part of my marketing offensive).
7. Start writing one or two 2000-word blog posts per week that solve problems (to be sent automatically to subscribers).
8. Look for guest post opportunities.
9. Once my website is established, write a longer ebook to sell to subscribers (and/or Kindle).
In addition, I will of course have a Services page where I'll offer teaching and Skype consultations.
My long term goals for my website are to help as many people as possible, and to create opportunities for myself to teach and lecture abroad.
Thank you in advance and Sat Nam!