First Squeeze / Funnel - NEED HELP

10 replies
Hi All,

I've spent literally a couple of months attempting to get a funnel in place so I can begin building a list.

I have my Report ready (14,000) words.

I also have a couple of products in mind to promote upon subscription as shown here:

How To Set Up A Simple Sales Funnel. Step By Step.

I have a couple of products from Warrior Forum I'd like to promote alongside building, in the hopes I can start profiting instantly, and as it lays out in the thread above, my understanding is that this is how I should begin anyway.

All I'm struggling with is binding it all together, where to send them at what point.

My understanding is this:

Squeeze Page -> Optin -> Send them to first offer (OTO) -> They Buy then I move them into buyers list / If they don't buy I send them to a downsell (Cheaper product than the first) -> They don't buy again I send them to a thankyou page where they can get the report I promised.

I then begin to follow up in emails, try to help my subscribers out and build a relationship with them (I don't want to be one of those types that just blast my inbox and never personally respond to anything, I'd like to be part of my list rather than using my list).

Is this the correct process?

Would anyone be willing to point me in the right direction?

Thanks to you Warriors, I always appreciate any help I gain through this amazing forum.

Alex.

(PS - I posted in Email Marketing forum, but thought to post it here instead. Feel free to delete/close the one in the Email Marketing Forum).
Thanks
#funnel #squeeze
  • Hi Alex,

    Unless you're a well known authority in your niche, it might be better not to hit them a couple of OTOs right out of the gate.

    Instead, you might get a better result if you deliver the promised freebie. This should be solid proof of your expertise, rather than just something to bribe them on to your list.

    And - provided that is of the highest quality and gives them some immediate tangible result, it will make your prospects far better disposed to take up your OTOs.

    So, once they've had a chance to digest and use your freebie, follow up with a few helpful tips emails and ONLY then offer them your first OTO.

    Follow up with a few more helpful emails and then offer the lower priced OTO.

    You can split test this, if you like. But I bet you your conversion by following the softly-softly approach will be far higher than going straight in with the OTO before they've even had a chance to sample your freebie.

    It's really a question of treating your prospects how you would like to be treated.

    Warmest regards,

    Paul
    Signature
    If you want to learn the dark arts of copywriting to increase sales or set up a prestige business
    as a copywriter then click here. Or if you want it all done for you then click here.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9270993].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author wilks3y
      Originally Posted by JensSteyaert View Post

      I agree with Paul on this one, if you want to make a lot of sales and you're not considered an authority in your niche, it's very hard to make instant sales. Unless you use some great tactics such as retageting to build your brand as an email marketer which works very well to make more sales.

      What you can do however is use the free report to presell the main offer you're promoting. If you give away a free report on how to make money related to the main offer, you can create a case study for instance where you show how you are doing it and making money from the method.

      People like to see results, and if the results are related to the main offer you are promoting you instantly increase your chances of making sales immediately.
      Thankyou very much for your response, this is some great information and I completely 100% agree, I'd hate to be sent straight to a product after signing up (to what I thought was) a completely free report, so the subtle approach is definitely the way I'm going to go now!!!!

      So I'm going to simply have my subscription page, if they subscribe take them to a "Thankyou page" with an "Un-advertised bonus".

      Keep sending them little snippets / tips over the first week or so and then perhaps offer them a product or two.

      Originally Posted by Paul Hooper-Kelly View Post

      Hi Alex,

      Unless you're a well known authority in your niche, it might be better not to hit them a couple of OTOs right out of the gate.

      Instead, you might get a better result if you deliver the promised freebie. This should be solid proof of your expertise, rather than just something to bribe them on to your list.

      And - provided that is of the highest quality and gives them some immediate tangible result, it will make your prospects far better disposed to take up your OTOs.

      So, once they've had a chance to digest and use your freebie, follow up with a few helpful tips emails and ONLY then offer them your first OTO.

      Follow up with a few more helpful emails and then offer the lower priced OTO.

      You can split test this, if you like. But I bet you your conversion by following the softly-softly approach will be far higher than going straight in with the OTO before they've even had a chance to sample your freebie.

      It's really a question of treating your prospects how you would like to be treated.

      Warmest regards,

      Paul
      You're totally right, don't take this the wrong way but whilst reading through that I had that eureka moment "Why didn't I think about this?" as if I'd signed up for a report, and got sent straight to a page telling me to buy something I'd be thinking "What the hell is this? I want my report".

      Again, thanks very much to you aswell Paul, this is the EXACT approach I'm going to take now, and if I'm following this route I believe I may be ready to start (hopefully) driving some subscribers into my list
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9271123].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JensSteyaert
    I agree with Paul on this one, if you want to make a lot of sales and you're not considered an authority in your niche, it's very hard to make instant sales. Unless you use some great tactics such as retageting to build your brand as an email marketer which works very well to make more sales.

    What you can do however is use the free report to presell the main offer you're promoting. If you give away a free report on how to make money related to the main offer, you can create a case study for instance where you show how you are doing it and making money from the method.

    People like to see results, and if the results are related to the main offer you are promoting you instantly increase your chances of making sales immediately.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9271057].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gcbmark20
    Hi,

    If your FREE information is great and can have a positive impact on your
    subscribers and warm them to the possibilities of what your paid product
    can offer then making the sale sooner rather than later can be increased.

    You could always leave a call to action at your free gift to your paid offer
    either as a link in the PDF or you could set up a FREE version membership
    area that has your video training placed there and links placed that point to
    your paid products and services.

    Again you can TEST all these approaches to see what works best and gives
    you the optimum results.

    Get your funnel out there and start building your lists right away!

    You can always test, tweak & improve each variable of your set up
    whilst you're building your lists.

    And besides you can always make a sale further down your funnel too
    and make repeat sales once you've established trust and have built those
    relationships first.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9271161].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author wilks3y
      Originally Posted by gcbmark20 View Post

      Hi,

      If your FREE information is great and can have a positive impact on your
      subscribers and warm them to the possibilities of what your paid product
      can offer then making the sale sooner rather than later can be increased.

      You could always leave a call to action at your free gift to your paid offer
      either as a link in the PDF or you could set up a FREE version membership
      area that has your video training placed there and links placed that point to
      your paid products and services.

      Again you can TEST all these approaches to see what works best and gives
      you the optimum results.

      Get your funnel out there and start building your lists right away!

      You can always test, tweak & improve each variable of your set up
      whilst you're building your lists.

      And besides you can always make a sale further down your funnel too
      and make repeat sales once you've established trust and have built those
      relationships first.
      Again some great information here and I really do appreciate it.
      I believe I'm simply going to offer them the report and build a bit of trust with them before promoting an offer.

      The offer I was going to promote wasn't even mine, it was from JVZoo anyway so I'm not sure how I could have fitted it all togeter.

      I now have my Squeeze page and Thankyou page created.

      Just need to choose an auto-responder, get my auto-emails ready and then I believe (hope) I'm ready to go live with it!

      Thanks again,
      Alex.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9271180].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mostafa82
    always it depends on test, split test different landing pages see what converts best then if your funnel are work great you safe and you can work on make it greater. if not and you don't get sales. may it will be on the products itself.
    Signature
    $420/week just for your opinions http://globaltestmarket.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9271361].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Hooda M Kismet
      Hi Alex,

      The funnel you've laid out is almost the same thing that I am using; except that I don't have a downsell (maybe I should think of adding something like that lol).

      So anyway, I agree with what the other warriors have mentioned in this thread. It goes without saying that your freebie is of extremely high quality. Think of something so valuable that it could easily be sold. After people subscribe to my list I follow up with them daily with emails for the first 7 days and then like twice or so a week. Not promoting stuff, but trying to get to know them and also for them to know me. I feel that if I don't do this, they will easily forget who I am because I am sure they are subscribed to hundreds of other lists. I don't mean to blast their inbox with stuff, but I send them emails asking questions; for example about them, what they do, what they have been doing,what their struggles are etc. With the occasional promotion of something that I use myself. I am kinda against the idea of promoting something that I have never used...

      Do you have a blog? If yes, that's the perfect way to know what to send them if you run out of ideas on what to write in your follow up emails. Every time you create a new post, invite them to read it and share it. Again, quality is key right?

      You should always have your subscribers' interest at heart. This is what I learned and it really pays off.

      God luck!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9271669].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author wilks3y
        Originally Posted by diver79 View Post

        Hi Alex,

        The funnel you've laid out is almost the same thing that I am using; except that I don't have a downsell (maybe I should think of adding something like that lol).

        So anyway, I agree with what the other warriors have mentioned in this thread. It goes without saying that your freebie is of extremely high quality. Think of something so valuable that it could easily be sold. After people subscribe to my list I follow up with them daily with emails for the first 7 days and then like twice or so a week. Not promoting stuff, but trying to get to know them and also for them to know me. I feel that if I don't do this, they will easily forget who I am because I am sure they are subscribed to hundreds of other lists. I don't mean to blast their inbox with stuff, but I send them emails asking questions; for example about them, what they do, what they have been doing,what their struggles are etc. With the occasional promotion of something that I use myself. I am kinda against the idea of promoting something that I have never used...

        Do you have a blog? If yes, that's the perfect way to know what to send them if you run out of ideas on what to write in your follow up emails. Every time you create a new post, invite them to read it and share it. Again, quality is key right?

        You should always have your subscribers' interest at heart. This is what I learned and it really pays off.

        God luck!
        Hey

        Thankyou for getting in touch, again some invaluable information here.
        This is the exact route I want to take, I don't want to be one of those marketers that just email again and again without offering anything of sufficient value.

        I'd like to feel as though my subscribers want to be there, and find it useful at the same time. I want to get to know them, hell even personally help them out.

        So thanks again, really appreciate it.

        Alex.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9274358].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gavin Stephenson
    Just to add..

    I would make your report way shorter.

    Maybe make it like a mindmap like what kim roach does.

    I don't think anything is going to consume that much content on the first date.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9274390].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MMA Sports
    Banned
    A shorter report packed up with very solid and helpful information is what will take you far. Since the information or value you deliver in the report will be a representation of your expertise.

    If you find it hard setting up your funnel, I know a guy recommended to me by someone in the WF sometime ago who builds good sales funnels. He build squeeze pages too.

    However, he's been handling just my sales funnels since March. You can find his WSO here http://www.warriorforum.com/warriors...-visitors.html

    Paul
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9276657].message }}

Trending Topics