To date, which is around only 5-weeks I have only received around 10 sign-ups for my newsletter and none for my RSS feed. I can't help thinking that I'm missing something here or am I expecting too much in such a short length of time but I occasionally read the odd post on this forum that some receive hundreds of sign-ups within days and make many sales again within days.
- I have a blog that involves a popular sporting theme and my blog, I think, is very well SEO optimised. It features a few videos within and there is the odd advertisement for an affiliate product or two that are not too in your face.
- I researched my keywords and attacked just a couple of phrases.
- I post 4 or 5 articles per week that I have written which are very good and my bio box only uses two links to my site, one is using anchor text for the keyword and the other is my blog address. In fact I have received a few comments to my blog from what appears to be eminent experts in the field that the articles are very good and a pleasure to read. Not only that, I have received a request to feature some of my writings from an author of an up and coming new book.
- I use pingoat to publicise my blog postings.
- I also post articles to a few article directories that receive a good number of views with click throughs to my blog. And I have submitted my blog to many directories.
- I can do a Google search for just one keyword phrase and for instance my rankings on the first 2-pages, you can see 6/7 listings for that phrase from my articles, normal SEO and what other blog users have posted on their sites, that they have taken from article directories, which feature my bio. Not only that, when I check my stats people are finding and coming to my blog from several other different keywords and according to Google's analytics, my bounce rate is less than 2%, so it appears people are staying and reading what I have to say.
- I have an opt-in box that shows on every page on the right-hand side of my blog that offers an Ebook and a 7-day Ecourse for signing up to my newsletter and I also place the opt-in at the end of every post. Also on the home page only, the opt-in box appears on a pop-up.
- In the short weeks my blog has been active, if I place my web address in to Google search there are nearly 1000 results shown for my site. And within a few weeks my Alexa traffic rank ratings have jumped from over 24 million down to just over 8 million.