Good Way To Find Content Writers?

21 replies
What is essentially the "Best" method in finding content writers?

Some of the methods I've done with success is:

1) Using Facebook Graph-Search
2) When I meet people in person

So far this has been an excellent method in finding 20 to 30 content writers who contributed for my blog. However I'm running out of options exercising those same two methods over and over, specifically via facebook.

Does anyone have any good ideas or suggestions?

Cheers.
#content #find #good #writers
  • Profile picture of the author jgant
    University students are great.

    I use a full service outsourcing firm in the USA and they have decent writers.

    But the best content I ever paid for was content generated by university students (especially grad students).
    Signature
    How I hit $10,000+ per month very fast w/ 1 niche blog - Click Here to learn more (no opt-in).
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9350318].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author LivingCali758
      Originally Posted by jgant View Post

      University students are great.

      I use a full service outsourcing firm in the USA and they have decent writers.

      But the best content I ever paid for was content generated by university students (especially grad students).
      See my blog operates a bit differently, it's more motivational/lifestyle/fitness specifically in the city so it's only as authentic as the people who share their experiences that live in the same city. What I've done is I let people share their product or service in the "Bio" section in return. I don't really pay for content writers, not yet at least. I hope to one day. So far, everyone I've reached out to has said yes. It's amazing the support, but more importantly I feel that people want to share their experiences and stories.

      However finding them is the issue, specifically speaking online. I'm surprised how well facebook's graph search worked.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9350320].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lotsofsnow
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9350412].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author LivingCali758
      Originally Posted by hpgoodboy View Post

      You can post a Craigslist ad.

      I did that some time ago and got an overwhelming response.
      Thanks for the idea, I've thought of it but wasn't sure what section to post. What section did you post under?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9350470].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LivingCali758
    Any other suggestions?

    Cheers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9351722].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Niche Blogger
      I've had some very good content from http://www.textbroker.com.

      I see it was already mentioned but I've had some excellent success with university students - my sister was a student until recently and she was always able to find someone from her group of friends to write for me. Rates were very good too for UK writers. You could probably advertise on a university notice board and get lots of takers.
      Signature
      Custom Mega Authority Sites - 1000+ Word Articles (written by REAL native English speaking writers)
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9351738].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author LivingCali758
        Originally Posted by Niche Blogger View Post

        I've had some very good content from http://www.textbroker.com.

        I see it was already mentioned but I've had some excellent success with university students - my sister was a student until recently and she was always able to find someone from her group of friends to write for me. Rates were very good too for UK writers. You could probably advertise on a university notice board and get lots of takers.
        Do you pay people to write something specific you want them to write? What about if the blog runs on personal stories? Meaning the the content writer would have had to experience something to contribute. I just have a hard time finding those people who have stories to share online. I'll look into that though, maybe set up flyer. I live next to a uni.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9351749].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
          Banned
          My standard four suggestions for people wanting content-writers ...

          1. Personal recommendations from people you know and trust (you don't know me, but I can probably recommend a couple of good writers here, to you, just from having recommended them to other people who have been very happy and "gone back for more");

          2. Go to Constant-Content, find writers whose work you like and offer them commissions there (but don't try to do that "privately", i.e. cutting C-C out of the loop, because that will get you into trouble). There are some quality writers there (it's probably the only "content mill" where the quality is genuinely vouched for by the selection procedures);

          3. Advertise in colleges/universities, on notice-boards. That's a way to find highly literate, educated people who might not have thought about it. I know one professional article marketer here who recruited his entire writing-team that way, and seeing a notice like that myself was what originally got me started in 2007 (I don't write for others any more, and haven't done so since 2008: this isn't a "disguised offer to write for you"!!);

          4. Look through the Warriors For Hire folder here, where so many good writers are advertising their services, and linking to websites giving samples, testimonials, and so on.

          The availability of content-writers is enormous. For things like article-writing, one could be forgiven for imagining that there are nearly as many service-providers as customers.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9351796].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author LivingCali758
            Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

            My standard four suggestions for people wanting content-writers ...

            1. Personal recommendations from people you know and trust (you don't know me, but I can probably recommend a couple of good writers here, to you, just from having recommended them to other people who have been very happy and "gone back for more");

            2. Go to Constant-Content, find writers whose work you like and offer them commissions there (but don't try to do that "privately", i.e. cutting C-C out of the loop, because that will get you into trouble). There are some quality writers there (it's probably the only "content mill" where the quality is genuinely vouched for by the selection procedures);

            3. Advertise in colleges/universities, on notice-boards. That's a way to find highly literate, educated people who might not have thought about it. I know one professional article marketer here who recruited his entire writing-team that way, and seeing a notice like that myself was what originally got me started in 2007 (I don't write for others any more, and haven't done so since 2008: this isn't a "disguised offer to write for you"!!);

            4. Look through the Warriors For Hire folder here, where so many good writers are advertising their services, and linking to websites giving samples, testimonials, and so on.

            The availability of content-writers is enormous. For things like article-writing, one could be forgiven for imagining that there are nearly as many service-providers as customers.
            Great Tips! Thanks for sharing
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9352112].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author David Hooper
    Try a local writing group.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9352518].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author johnmags
    Ask for referral from friends and fellow online business owners. The Warriors-for-Hire section of this forum is also a good place to start. Good luck
    Signature
    Are you looking for a Professional Content Writer
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9352575].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author laurencewins
    I agree with Lexy. The Warriors for Hire section is the best place. At least here you know warriors work hard to protect their reputation...well I know I do and assume others do the same.
    Signature

    Cheers, Laurence. Writer/Editor/Proofreader.
    Visit my site for more info

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9353229].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author deekay
    By asking in forums like this.
    We can recommend freelance writers or content writing companies we have already tried and tested.

    Are you saying your 30 writers aren't enough to feed your site with daily content?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9353388].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    There are good ones on this forum. Check out their info and content and contact them. Of course go to freelance sites. Or advertise and contact people individually.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9353529].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author raffman999
    Fiverr will have people you can use; just make sure you check their feedback scores and comments and you won't go far wrong.

    Hope this helps.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9356227].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author myfab
      Study the profile of the writer
      google for it
      use fiverr and check saler reviews
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9356256].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author rayray13
        You could very well go to a freelance website and pay someone to do it for you, or someone here on the warrior form. besides that only other thing I could possible think of is like a Scholar from a university.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9356297].message }}
  • I used to use seogenerals.com. They were always a good source of content to me.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9356973].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kay King
      Not sure some who are answering read the OP's comments...

      What I've done is I let people share their product or service in the "Bio" section in return. I don't really pay for content writers
      Basically you are using "guest posters" in exchange for allowing people to advertise their product or service in the bio section? Seems to be working for you but you churn through writers so will always need new contributors. Easier if you can find a few good writers and pay them to keep writing.

      In addition, you are looking for location specific people? I guess Craigslist might help with that.
      Signature
      Remember all those times when you wished the weekend would last forever? Well, wish granted. Happy now?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9357350].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ben Scott Jr
    I have found good writers in iwriter in the past, but only after searching for elite writers. Out of the Elite writers I eventually narrowed it down even more by saving the best ones as my favorites. Anytime I needed a couple of articles written, I would offer it to the writers on my favorites list.
    Signature
    The Perfect YouTube Strategy For Affiliate Marketers
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9357456].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author writeaway
    Try the Warrior For Hire section. Fiverr is also good if you are okay with testing out many different writers before finding one you'd want to stay with for the long-term.
    Signature

    Want To Make More Money Online? Invest in BETTER CONTENT!
    Articles - Blogs - Authority sites - Ecommerce descriptions - Emails - Youtube video scripts - AFFORDABLE RATES!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9357489].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ScottBeckstead
    I recommend outsourcing to freelancer.com or elance.com. I have had a lot of success with Elance.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9359160].message }}

Trending Topics