Feels like I'm almost there

by xnergy
10 replies
Hello Warriors,

Let me introduce myself as this is my first post here at the forums
My name is Lucien and I'm in affiliate marketing for about 6 months now. I visit the Warrior forums for a few months now but yesterday I signed up with this awesome community.

I'm trying to make money with Clickbank and it feels like I'm almost there!

This are the statistics of yesterday for a single product I'm promoting:

Hop count: 201
Hops Per Order Form Impression: 11
Order Form Impression Count: 19
Order Form Server Calls: 14
Initial Sales Count: 0

Isn't this strange? 14 order submissions but no sales, is this normal?
#affiliate marketing #clickbank #feels #make money
  • Profile picture of the author Jcedric
    Banned
    Welcome to the community! I do not know much about click bank but I'm sure somebody here is willing to help. Enjoy your time here, it's a gold mine of knowledge and info!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9379334].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author xnergy
      Originally Posted by Jcedric View Post

      Welcome to the community! I do not know much about click bank but I'm sure somebody here is willing to help. Enjoy your time here, it's a gold mine of knowledge and info!
      Thank you very much for your warm welcome, and yes this forum is really a goldmine of knowledge and awesome people
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9379350].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author larryboy03
        Welcome buddy!!

        Sounds like you have took "ACTION", that's the first step towards success.

        You should give us more information, for example: how are you driving traffic to your offers?

        SEO or PPC?

        The more info you can give us, the better we can help.
        Signature
        Do you have a website making money and want to sell it? Contact me, I'm looking to buy sites monetized by Amazon and Adsense!!
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9379434].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author xnergy
          Originally Posted by larryboy03 View Post

          Welcome buddy!!

          Sounds like you have took "ACTION", that's the first step towards success.

          You should give us more information, for example: how are you driving traffic to your offers?

          SEO or PPC?

          The more info you can give us, the better we can help.
          Hi there and thanks for the welcome

          I'm driving targeted traffic straight to the vendors product with PPC. This is all very new to me but I think i'm getting the hang of it. I'm trying to perfect my headliners with split testing which ones work best. Also trying to find the best converting keywords for the product.

          I'm also wondering, when a potential buyer doubts of buying the product and later this person comes back to the vendors website, will i still receive the commission for the sale? Or does this only work right after they visited the Hop link?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9379457].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author markgaperl
    This must be the traffic going till the order form and not actually purchasing. It is not always easy to get the credit card out.

    Still what you are getting is encouraging. Since you are using PPC, please split-test and fine tune to make sure you get laser targeted traffic with high conversion rate.

    All the very best!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9379463].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tollybear
    thanks for starting this, i am right at the beginning of affiliate marketing, i haven't yet done a campaign but I'm getting ready to soon. My biggest obstacle is starting my ads on FB, im scared i will lose money I cant really afford to, but have to get something working to improve my finances. Good on you, I'll be watching and appreciate any advice too.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9379468].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author xnergy
      Originally Posted by markgaperl View Post

      This must be the traffic going till the order form and not actually purchasing. It is not always easy to get the credit card out.

      Still what you are getting is encouraging. Since you are using PPC, please split-test and fine tune to make sure you get laser targeted traffic with high conversion rate.

      All the very best!
      Thank you, I will keep on trying to fine tune this process and hope to some results soon

      Originally Posted by tollybear View Post

      thanks for starting this, i am right at the beginning of affiliate marketing, i haven't yet done a campaign but I'm getting ready to soon. My biggest obstacle is starting my ads on FB, im scared i will lose money I cant really afford to, but have to get something working to improve my finances. Good on you, I'll be watching and appreciate any advice too.
      Hi there tollybear, I was also scared of loosing money and I already did loose some that I really could not miss. But I think most beginning affiliates have gone to this process. We must just keep on trying and save money for this purpose. Try not to be scared, we will get there!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9379510].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zuberr
    People rarely buy the first time they visit the vendor's page and later on they will completely forget about it. So why not build a list by offering a free report before sending your visitors directly to the vendor. You should build a relationship with your list and get them to trust you. That's when you will be making a lot more sales. And also, you need a target audience that is desperately looking for that solution.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9379631].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
    Banned
    Originally Posted by zuberr View Post

    People rarely buy the first time they visit the vendor's page and later on they will completely forget about it.
    True ... but that has nothing to do with this problem.

    This isn't about order-form impressions. It's about order-form submissions.

    Originally Posted by xnergy View Post

    Isn't this strange? 14 order submissions but no sales, is this normal?
    People replying, in this forum, to this question, sometimes fail to appreciate the difference between "order-form impressions" and "order-form submissions".

    Yes, it's strange and potentially alarming. It definitely isn't normal.

    It can, however, have "innocent explanations", but they depend on some other questions.

    The possible reasons include ...
    • intending customer's credit-card declined
    • credit-card turns out to have been stolen and is on the "hot list"
    • credit-card was from a country from which ClickBank doesn't accept them
    • PayPal payment couldn't be processed by PayPal for some reason
    • PayPal payment couldn't be processed by ClickBank for some reason
    • intending customer turned out to be someone previously banned by ClickBank for any reason (including persistent refunds)
    • failure of affiliate-cookie tracking at the last stage (occasional mistakes can perhaps happen) which is sometimes ClickBank's fault
    Were the order-page submissions all (or nearly all) very close together? (Sometimes someone's credit-card simply won't "go through" and they can't understand why and keep trying over and over again). Or sometimes someone is trying with stolen/suspicious credit-cards, or whatever. There are some possible explanations, but 14 order-form submissions without a single sale is clearly something that needs an explanation.

    Ultimately, you need to discuss it with ClickBank.

    This exact issue has, however, been discussed here several times before, and some of those threads do contain some "other suggestions" which may be worth looking at. Here are some links which may help/interest you ...

    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ml#post6361482
    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ml#post5929023
    Only 1 out of 18 CB order form submits turned into a sale. Is this normal?
    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-int...ml#post7393304


    .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9380077].message }}
  • Alexa practically said everything you need to know, but I just wanted to add and say thank you for taking initial action on your part. It is great to see you got plenty of hops. At least you're heading in the right direction.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9380080].message }}

Trending Topics