*** THEN ***
I used to be a regular smart dude. Smart, ambitious, entrepreneurial, a hustler, a businessman. I worked hard and worked hard and while I was successful, I did not have control of my life.
At the highest moment of my working life, I was a 22 year old making $50-75/hr for doing IT work. I had a brand new Lexus that I financed using my income and a house that I bought and lived in with my frat brothers. And I ran an IT company. Everyone looked at me like a success and while I did feel successful and proud of my achievements, I was totally exhausted. Being successful is freaken exhausting.
It was then that I decided to let go of the house, let go of the IT company, and search for a new way to make money that would give me more freedom and hours of my life. I never wanted to sell my time (my life) for money again.
*** NOW ***
I love my life. I can afford to pay rent in an expensive part of the city. I can afford to eat out every meal of the day. I can afford to get valet parking. Buy new clothes and shoes every month. I can afford to travel to anywhere in the world. I've been in 8 different countries the past 3 months doing all sorts of exploring and adventuring through 20 different cities.
I sometimes make more money in my sleep than some of my friends do in their waking hours. I still can't believe it but I think I'm retired now and possibly forever...and I'm not even 30 years old yet.
What does it feel to be in my position?
- I get to wake up whatever time I want everyday.
- Everyday feels like Saturday to me. (I seriously lose track of the day of the week.)
- I have no idea how much money I make because I don't have to check my bank account before buying stuff. (I'm not wasteful, though.)
- I can afford to buy whatever I want without having to worry about saving up to make up for the loss of funds.
- I don't have a scarcity mindset that money is going to run out, because I always have more coming in.
- I can afford to make decisions that cost me money rather than time.
- I can always order more at restaurants without having to worry about saving $3 from a drink, etc.
And I keep getting better at it everyday. I'm going to make even more money in the future and get even better at this passive income thing. Simply because of my desire and dedication to do it.
I think some people have this idea that I'm some ultra determined guy doing the entrepreneurial equivalent of 5,000 push-ups a day and reading a million books and living by all sorts of success mantras. But neither of this is true or even necessary.
I simply believed in the dream and took my time. And then it happened. It's possible. You don't have to kill yourself to make it happen. Just go at your own pace, explore, learn, have fun, and enjoy the money when it comes.
The greatest benefit of all? I have the freedom to do whatever I want, anytime I want, with whomever I want. There is nobody or nothing that can tell me what to do. I do WHATEVER I WANT. I am finally the GOD of my own damn life. If that's not empowering...I don't know what is.
Hang in there, guys, success is coming and you just gotta work hard until it gets here.