My Amazon Associates terminated!

by mikez
21 replies
This morning I received this email:

Hello.


We are writing to notify you that we are terminating the Amazon Associates Program Operating Agreement with you with immediate effect. Your Associates Program account will be closed and you will not receive further payment of advertising fees.

We have taken this step because we have previously closed an account that we have determined belongs to you or a person affiliated with you or acting in concert with you for violations of the Associates Program Operating Agreement, the Product Advertising API License Agreement, or one of the other Associates Programs operated by our affiliates.

You can find the complete terms of the Operating Agreement and its Schedules via this link: https://affiliate-program.amazon.com...ates/agreement.

We insist that you immediately remove all Amazon content, including Special Links, from your site(s). Any other accounts you have or may open in the future may be closed and you will not receive any advertising fees. We reserve all other rights and claims we may have.

Warmest Regards,

Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/associates

This is all of sudden!
#amazon #associates #terminated
  • Profile picture of the author Anne Laidlaw
    First make sure it is real. If real and you only had one account contact them right away to sort it out.
    Signature
    Giant Plugin Biz High Quality WP Plugin Package
    WP Plugins Are Hott!! Claim Your Piece Of The Pie Today!
    Free Squeeze Page Creator - FREE Instant Access To Alou's Killer Squeeze Page Creator.
    Alou.com - Wordpress SEO - Latest free WordPress SEO, Plugins, Themes and more!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9382834].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DeadRooster
      Originally Posted by Anne Laidlaw View Post

      First make sure it is real. If real and you only had one account contact them right away to sort it out.
      What she said. I am not convinced this is a genuine Amazon email; who would close a letter like this with "Warmest Regards."

      Also, they say "We insist that you immediately remove all Amazon content..." when they would probably write it like, "Please remove all Amazon content immediately." Using the word "insist" doesn't smell right to me.

      Having said all that, I wouldn't be surprised if it was real, it just smells funny to me.
      Signature
      Get my latest book! Available in both paperback and Kindle
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9382895].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author agmccall
    So? What do you want us to do?

    al
    Signature

    Broken promises don't upset me. I just think, why did they believe me?
    ~Jack Handey~

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9382853].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alex Blades
      Not trying to be mean Mike, but you need to learn how to talk to people. I understand your frustration, but yelling and being an asshole to a rep will not solve anything, they didn't make the decision to ban you. Talk to someone in a respectful way, and they will do their best to help you out. Act like an asshole, and they automatically give you the same answer they give all ass holes "Can I help you with anything else?'

      This is clearly a misunderstanding on your end or theirs. Try calling them and talk to them in a civilized manner. The reps talk to rude people every single day, and will turn a deaf ear to them. See if you can talk to the department that made the decision and go from there.
      Signature
      " I knew that if I failed, I wouldn't regret that.
      But I knew the one thing I might regret is not ever having tried. "

      ~ Jeff Bezos

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9384501].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jeffery Moss
    We have taken this step because we have previously closed an account that we have determined belongs to you or a person affiliated with you or acting in concert with you for violations
    This part here is interesting. Did you have another Amazon account that was closed before? It seems like they are suggesting you did and now they are shutting down your current one. I'm not saying you had an account before that got banned, but they seem to think you do.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9382891].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sirtiman
    Congratulations. It's time for you to be success in the other affiliate programs that better than Amazon.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9383069].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KirkMcD
    Let's just say it's true, and you have no idea what they are talking about.
    Do you share your computer with anyone who may have had their account terminated or did someone at your address have their account terminated?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9383074].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author stevenjacobs
    Banned
    well first look in to see if the email is real

    then close it down yourself and start make your own products
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9383077].message }}
  • One of my students once got a termination notice from Amazon signed 'Best Regards' so it's possible that it's real.

    But check to be sure.

    If it's real -here are some suggestions:

    1. Do you know what this is in reference to? Or is it a mistake? If it is a mistake - write them back. My student was able to get her account re-instated.

    2. Use VigLink or Skimlinks to sell Amazon products

    3. Use other affiliate networks such as Commission Junction and others

    Hope that helps...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9383082].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mikez
      Yes it is real and I have chat with one of the representative and this is the results I got:

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9383974].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author mikez
        Originally Posted by Anne Laidlaw View Post

        First make sure it is real. If real and you only had one account contact them right away to sort it out.
        It is real, I login back my account and indeed it was terminated.

        Originally Posted by Jeffery Moss View Post

        This part here is interesting. Did you have another Amazon account that was closed before? It seems like they are suggesting you did and now they are shutting down your current one. I'm not saying you had an account before that got banned, but they seem to think you do.
        I can't recall, this account has more than 2 years old and nothing related to "another" Amazon account.

        Originally Posted by DeadRooster View Post

        What she said. I am not convinced this is a genuine Amazon email; who would close a letter like this with "Warmest Regards."

        Also, they say "We insist that you immediately remove all Amazon content..." when they would probably write it like, "Please remove all Amazon content immediately." Using the word "insist" doesn't smell right to me.

        Having said all that, I wouldn't be surprised if it was real, it just smells funny to me.
        Yeah, the fact that this email was genuine from them

        Originally Posted by KirkMcD View Post

        Let's just say it's true, and you have no idea what they are talking about.
        Do you share your computer with anyone who may have had their account terminated or did someone at your address have their account terminated?
        I only have this account and do not share my computer to other people.

        Originally Posted by The Marketing Mom View Post

        One of my students once got a termination notice from Amazon signed 'Best Regards' so it's possible that it's real.

        But check to be sure.

        If it's real -here are some suggestions:

        1. Do you know what this is in reference to? Or is it a mistake? If it is a mistake - write them back. My student was able to get her account re-instated.

        2. Use VigLink or Skimlinks to sell Amazon products

        3. Use other affiliate networks such as Commission Junction and others

        Hope that helps...
        They have made the decision to close down my account, so no reference and do not know mistake or not.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9383996].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lucian Lada
    Mikez,

    You can call them and ask them for more information. I can't remember where I've seen this, but I know I read somewhere around here that a person called them up, talked to them nicely, and got their account re-instated. They said that the person talking to them was very nice and helpful.

    And please don't take this the wrong way, but I also think you should be a bit more polite with them.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9384027].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rob Whisonant
    Have you "ever" had another Amazon affiliate account?

    Does or has anyone in your immediate family have or had an Amazon affiliate account?

    Have you purchased a domain since opening your now closed Amazon affiliate account? If so, check the way back machine and see if the previous owner of the domain had Amazon ads on it? It could be they linked your existing account to a closed account that was used on a domain that was once owned by someone that lost their Amazon account.

    Re's
    Rob Whisonant
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9384185].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mikez
      Originally Posted by Rob Whisonant View Post

      Have you "ever" had another Amazon affiliate account?

      Does or has anyone in your immediate family have or had an Amazon affiliate account?

      Have you purchased a domain since opening your now closed Amazon affiliate account? If so, check the way back machine and see if the previous owner of the domain had Amazon ads on it? It could be they linked your existing account to a closed account that was used on a domain that was once owned by someone that lost their Amazon account.

      Re's
      Rob Whisonant
      Nope, i did not buy domain from other party, all domain is belong to me.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9384616].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bigfoot12
    Did you make enough sales?


    If you don't make sales, I don't see why not they would terminate your account.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9384430].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mikez
    Ok, thanks for the above advice, that time I very frustrated being no reason the account closed down,.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9384611].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Alex Blades
      Originally Posted by mikez View Post

      Ok, thanks for the above advice, that time I very frustrated being no reason the account closed down,.
      I sometimes have to catch myself, because I do the same thing. I find myself being rude to a rep, and quickly realize they are there just to answer phones, most of those people just want to clock out and go home.

      Even if they can't solve your problem, you leave the conversation in a decent mood, because they tried their best. When you get upset and start being rude, you come out feeling more frustrated then before you called

      Just call them in the morning, and see if they can connect you with the department that makes the decision to ban people. Could just be a misunderstanding, or they could go into more detail on why the banned you.
      Signature
      " I knew that if I failed, I wouldn't regret that.
      But I knew the one thing I might regret is not ever having tried. "

      ~ Jeff Bezos

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9384634].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    Not surprised at all. Ebay would treat you better. Your own website with the same products selling would treat you even better than Ebay. I know how you feel partner. I was making $100/day within my first month, and they gave me the boot. Said i was making money too fast. Didnt make any sense. Next time, just own the real estate. Dont depend on another site for your sole source of income.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9384818].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jesus Perez
    Do you have shared hosting? It's very possible someone else on your IP address was terminated for violating the TOS and you're being targeted by IP association.
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9385060].message }}
  • Part of the problem with affiliate marketing is that people are always trying to scam these companies. They can wake up one morning and decide to cancel your account for no reason at all. Ultimately it's not in there best interest to. That said, they can't have scammers, and unfortunately that means that sometimes good affiliates get thrown out with the bad.
    Signature
    Unlimited Mailing and Telemarketing Lists for $50/month!
    www.ListShack.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9385082].message }}

Trending Topics