Long time lurker, first time poster.
I work in professional services, and lately I have been ramping up my production of high-quality content for 2 reasons:
- To create brand leadership and marketing for my company and niche
- To be able to eventually sell the content and rely 100% on hourly billing
I've been blogging for years, and now I am about to release my first piece of *epic* content.
My mailing list only started a month ago, and its very small (around 80 people). My first priority is to use my epic content to drive more signups to my mailing list. This is where it gets confusing to me.
My epic content is a 7 chapter highly actionable ebook that will have worksheets, templates, and videos.
- Offer the first 2 chapters free, then put the rest behind an email signup form?
- Offer the whole book free, then put the worksheets and templates behind an email signup form?
- Offer the whole book as part of an email signup, then charge for the worksheets and videos?
- Offer the first chapter free, the second chapter after email signup, and the rest after they pay?
- Other options...?
The combination of free content, content available after signup, and paid content is what is confusing me. Any help anyone could offer to help me structure how I do this would be great. I plan to create 1 piece of epic content per month from here on out, and repurpose that content into different channels. I just want to have a structure and a strategy of how I leverage the content for interest, emails, and revenue.