Back to school guide with affiliate links?

by hennen
12 replies
Hi! I had he idea to do a back to school guide for my sports blog with merchandise like team backpacks, pencils, etc. Along with dorm stuff like mini refidgerators and bed sets.

As some of you know from my previous threads, I have a sports blog on an NFL team. I have the official team store as an affiliate and I'm going for walmart as an affiliate next.

Has anyone had a back to school guide with affiliate links before? How would I maximize sales on this?
#affiliate #back #guide #links #school
  • Profile picture of the author Josh Mayers
    Originally Posted by hennen View Post

    Hi! I had he idea to do a back to school guide for my sports blog with merchandise like team backpacks, pencils, etc. Along with dorm stuff like mini refidgerators and bed sets.

    As some of you know from my previous threads, I have a sports blog on an NFL team. I have the official team store as an affiliate and I'm going for walmart as an affiliate next.

    Has anyone had a back to school guide with affiliate links before? How would I maximize sales on this?

    Hey Hennen

    This is actually a really creative idea! I have never put together a guide in the back to school niche, but I can give you some awesome tips on how to market it.

    Because you already have a blog for your particular sports team, this means that you already have access to your targeted audience. From here, you just need to make them aware of your promotion.

    There are many different ways you can market this, but here are a few ways that I believe are very effective.

    I would recommend enable a pop up on your blog so that all of your visitors see the promotion when they click to your site. You can use banner ads to attract attention to your promotion. You can even do email marketing if you have a web form installed into your blog.

    Also, I searched a bit for back to school marketing, and came across this article that offers a few helpful tips.

    Hope this is helpful!

    Josh
    Signature
    Learn How To Travel The World And Make $10K/Month With A Simple, $20 Business...
    ~ www.LimitlessLivingEnterprises.com ~
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9400819].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author hennen
      Originally Posted by Josh Mayers View Post

      Hey Hennen

      This is actually a really creative idea! I have never put together a guide in the back to school niche, but I can give you some awesome tips on how to market it.

      Because you already have a blog for your particular sports team, this means that you already have access to your targeted audience. From here, you just need to make them aware of your promotion.

      There are many different ways you can market this, but here are a few ways that I believe are very effective.

      I would recommend enable a pop up on your blog so that all of your visitors see the promotion when they click to your site. You can use banner ads to attract attention to your promotion. You can even do email marketing if you have a web form installed into your blog.

      Also, I searched a bit for back to school marketing, and came across this article that offers a few helpful tips.

      Hope this is helpful!

      Josh
      Thanks so much for the valuable advise.
      Signature
      WEBSITE DESIGN FOR INTERNET MARKETERS:
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9400912].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sasuke120
    You could ask schools to give their pupils a handout with your guide on or with a link to your guide
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9400833].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author hennen
      Originally Posted by sasuke120 View Post

      You could ask schools to give their pupils a handout with your guide on or with a link to your guide
      Would schools be ok with that?
      Signature
      WEBSITE DESIGN FOR INTERNET MARKETERS:
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9401389].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author dana67
        Hi Hennen,

        I think this is a great idea as well.

        Get your guide together as back to school is coming up fast. Get some quality content up and promote your site any way you can: SEO, SMM, etc.

        If some keywords rank well for you, it could pay off. Well placed backlinks could also produce immediate traffic.

        Go for it
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9401643].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sasuke120
    Yeah because basically you are doing their work.The students need stuff and you are showing them what is good to get.Of course your guide has to be high quality and shouldn't look like a promotion tool
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9401659].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author WilliamVillagran
      Wow this is a good idea. Every year I sell a lot of back to school items on Amazon and make great money doing it. Making a guide with affiliate links will do well for you. Good luck
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9401674].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author hennen
        Originally Posted by WilliamVillagran View Post

        Wow this is a good idea. Every year I sell a lot of back to school items on Amazon and make great money doing it. Making a guide with affiliate links will do well for you. Good luck
        How much are you making and what is your niche?
        Signature
        WEBSITE DESIGN FOR INTERNET MARKETERS:
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9406194].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author hennen
      Originally Posted by sasuke120 View Post

      Yeah because basically you are doing their work.The students need stuff and you are showing them what is good to get.Of course your guide has to be high quality and shouldn't look like a promotion tool
      Do you know some ideas to make it look less promotional?
      Signature
      WEBSITE DESIGN FOR INTERNET MARKETERS:
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9404006].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SEO Power
    So many great tips here. I'd like to add that SEO takes a longer time to get traffic from these days, so if you're considering SEO, you need to look for some long tail keywords in the back to school niche and start optimizing your site for them now.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9406821].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author david tyler
    Good idea
    You can use email marketing
    Good Luck
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9407102].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author hennen
      Thank you everybody for all the great responses. I'm excited to get this going.
      Signature
      WEBSITE DESIGN FOR INTERNET MARKETERS:
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9408397].message }}

Trending Topics