15-30$ Per Day From Selling Services

32 replies
Hey warriors,
I'm a 20 years old senior engineering student from Egypt.
I've been spending the last couple of weeks learning different aspects of Internet Marketing and I've really come to like it.
However until I find a good niche and business model to follow, I think the best to do is to start selling services and build some capital.

It would be great if you guys guide me or maybe throw some ideas on how to make something around 15-30$ per day from selling services, something that I can start doing NOW!

Please if you're going to recommend fiverr gigs or freelancing on Odesk try to be more specific on how to do it, I've been there the place is crowded with sellers and I don't know how can I possibly stand out or even get noticed.


These are some of the of my skills that counts :
  • SUPER FAST LEARNER
  • Technical Computer/Web Problems Solving - EXCELLENT
  • C++/VB.Net Coding - FAIR
  • Native English Speaker
  • Writing Skills - VERY GOOD
  • Photoshop and Making Videos- FAIR

Thank you guys!
#fiverr #freelancing #money #odesk #services
  • Profile picture of the author Zodiax
    Code a software that automatically creates mobile sites and package it in a cheap wso.

    Also make sure to collect email addresses.
    Signature

    'I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion'
    -Muhammad Ali

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9450422].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mo2menelzeiny
      Originally Posted by Zodiax View Post

      Code a software that automatically creates mobile sites and package it in a cheap wso.

      Also make sure to collect email addresses.
      Can you give me more details about the software, do you mean a software that changes your website into a mobile version?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9450459].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Zodiax
        Originally Posted by mo2menelzeiny View Post

        Can you give me more details about the software, do you mean a software that changes your website into a mobile version?
        Yes, a software to change a desktop site into a mobilized version.

        BTW:

        Do you prefer working with set specifications? Like specific instructions on exact functions that a program is to perform?

        I can't name any off-hand but there are some good examples of software to make mobilized websites.
        Signature

        'I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion'
        -Muhammad Ali

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9452252].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author mo2menelzeiny
          Originally Posted by Zodiax View Post

          Yes, a software to change a desktop site into a mobilized version.

          BTW:

          Do you prefer working with set specifications? Like specific instructions on exact functions that a program is to perform?

          I can't name any off-hand but there are some good examples of software to make mobilized websites.
          Thank you for the clarification, and yes I do prefer to have get specific functions from the client.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9453298].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MarketBlogMan
    I suggest you sign up for fiverr and offer your services there. Some things you can offer are: logo design, coding peoples assignments, website content writing, article writing, and much much more - but you get the idea.

    As for offering you services on fiverr, and other freelancing sites - you're going to need to take action. Use photoshop to make a decent looking Gig picture, write a compelling description, specify the time you can finish the Gig in and over deliver.

    You want to get some feedback before you do anything. Just under bid on everyone else by A LOT until you have 5-10 positive feedback. After you have feedback just start applying for jobs that you qualify for. That's pretty much it.

    Some other place you can sell your services:
    1. Forums (Make sure it is allowed.)
    2. elance (Freelancer website)
    3. oDesk (Freelancer website)
    4. Freelancer (Freelancer website)

    There are countless places you can offer your services - even here on warrior forum.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9450432].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mo2menelzeiny
      Originally Posted by MarketBlogMan View Post

      You want to get some feedback before you do anything. Just under bid on everyone else by A LOT until you have 5-10 positive feedback. After you have feedback just start applying for jobs that you qualify for. That's pretty much it.
      Thank you I didn't know that
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9450457].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author xrobot
    You can sell your services at freelancer.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9450512].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mo2menelzeiny
      Originally Posted by xrobot View Post

      You can sell your services at freelancer.com
      Have you tried selling there before?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9450602].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author onlinebuzz77
    I had sold some ebooks at freelancer.com.. never did it seriously and never focussed.. it was just an experiment i did.. It works !! if you put efforts it will give good results !!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9450610].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mo2menelzeiny
      Originally Posted by onlinebuzz77 View Post

      I had sold some ebooks at freelancer.com.. never did it seriously and never focussed.. it was just an experiment i did.. It works !! if you put efforts it will give good results !!
      What kind of eBooks?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9450822].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lizfish
    peopleperhour.com is pretty good. They have something called hourlies - check it out. I have found a number of retainer clients on there. Good luck
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9450812].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mo2menelzeiny
      Originally Posted by Lizfish View Post

      peopleperhour.com is pretty good. They have something called hourlies - check it out. I have found a number of retainer clients on there. Good luck
      Thank you
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9450824].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JohnnyPlan
    If you choose to sell your services via a Fiverr or gig site then be sure you analyze your competition first. You might be good at a skill, but when competing with other more well established sellers, you could have little chance of earning a good income. Choose to offer a service that does not take long to fulfill. That will allow you to earn more. Decide what you want your hourly rate to be. So if it takes one hour to complete a job at $5.00, then your hourly rate is $5.00. If it takes only 15 minutes to complete a job and you can (theoretically) do 4 per hour, then your hourly rate is $20. Go for the skill/service that requires less investment of your own time but allows for maximum earnings. This will all depend on you as you know your own skill set best.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9451594].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mo2menelzeiny
      Originally Posted by JohnnyPlan View Post

      sure you analyze your competition first. You might be good at a skill, but when competing with other more well established sellers, you could have little chance of earning a good .
      Thank you for your advice, but can you give me more details about the competition analysis you were talking about?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9452082].message }}
  • if you have a good experience on creating softwares/bot try to do some software that can auto-do something (related to Facebook,Sites/Webinars...)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9452234].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mo2menelzeiny
      Originally Posted by experting facebook View Post

      if you have a good experience on creating softwares/bot try to do some software that can auto-do something (related to Facebook,Sites/Webinars...)
      Great idea, I'll look into that.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9453299].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
    Banned
    Originally Posted by mo2menelzeiny View Post

    • Native English Speaker
    • Writing Skills - VERY GOOD
    You'd need to sell only 1 article per day at Constant-Content, to earn a comfortable $30 per day (probably more). I don't suggest you can start today and earn $30 per day from tomorrow: there's a learning curve, and I'm told that most of the available income is in the form of "requests", for which you're eligible only after making some sales.

    .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9452336].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mo2menelzeiny
      Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

      You'd need to sell only 1 article per day at Constant-Content, to earn a comfortable $30 per day (probably more). I don't suggest you can start today and earn $30 per day from tomorrow: there's a learning curve, and I'm told that most of the available income is in the form of "requests", for which you're eligible only after making some sales.

      .
      Is there a difference between earning from requests and from sales on this site you're talking about? Also I'd like to know how long does it take me to be able to make at least 15$ a day?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9453301].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Alexa Smith
        Banned
        Originally Posted by mo2menelzeiny View Post

        Is there a difference between earning from requests and from sales on this site you're talking about?
        Yes - a big difference.

        With requests, you're producing and selling something knowing already that a specific customer already has a specific need for it. With "open sales" (or whatever they're called there), you're writing something "on spec.", just from knowing "what sells well at the moment" and hoping that someone there will buy it. If you're good at judging what to write, they very often do, but the chances of selling a "commissioned article" are close to 100%, as long as you write a decent one, which are far better odds.

        Originally Posted by mo2menelzeiny View Post

        Also I'd like to know how long does it take me to be able to make at least 15$ a day?
        I don't know, exactly. But I've known plenty of people who have made over $1,000 there in their first month, and some who have made over $2,000 in that time, so I think the answer's "not terribly long". But it takes a week or so to join and get yourself started.

        (I may be wrong, but I think there aren't many $15 articles there: the average prices will be quite a bit higher than that.)

        This little book may help you: The Freelance Writer's Guide to Making Money on...The Freelance Writer's Guide to Making Money on...

        .
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9454374].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author mo2menelzeiny
          Originally Posted by Alexa Smith View Post

          Yes - a big difference.

          With requests, you're producing and selling something knowing already that a specific customer already has a specific need for it. With "open sales" (or whatever they're called there), you're writing something "on spec.", just from knowing "what sells well at the moment" and hoping that someone there will buy it. If you're good at judging what to write, they very often do, but the chances of selling a "commissioned article" are close to 100%, as long as you write a decent one, which are far better odds.



          I don't know, exactly. But I've known plenty of people who have made over $1,000 there in their first month, and some who have made over $2,000 in that time, so I think the answer's "not terribly long". But it takes a week or so to join and get yourself started.

          (I may be wrong, but I think there aren't many $15 articles there: the average prices will be quite a bit higher than that.)

          This little book may help you: The Freelance Writer's Guide to Making Money on Constant-Content.com - Kindle edition by Kevin Casey. Reference Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.


          .
          Thank you very much Alexa
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9454386].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    Sounds like a resume for a good IT Technician. I would secure this kind of job first, then use a bulk of that job income to pay for your internet marketing expenses & advertising. You have to create your own site though. Don't totally rely on Warrior Forum to bring you the bulk of your income (even though it's a great site). Learn internet marketing, advertise on Warrior Forum (Warriors for hire), and keep marketing. And because you sell *services*, make sure you price your services at a high price. You're essentially letting time depict your income.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9453098].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mo2menelzeiny
      Originally Posted by Randall Magwood View Post

      Sounds like a resume for a good IT Technician. I would secure this kind of job first, then use a bulk of that job income to pay for your internet marketing expenses & advertising. You have to create your own site though. Don't totally rely on Warrior Forum to bring you the bulk of your income (even though it's a great site). Learn internet marketing, advertise on Warrior Forum (Warriors for hire), and keep marketing. And because you sell *services*, make sure you price your services at a high price. You're essentially letting time depict your income.
      Are you talking about an offline IT job, cause if you are it's really hard to get this kind of job as an undergraduate in my country.
      never the less I'm mostly looking into internet marketing because I'm really more into becoming self employed.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9453314].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Zodiax
        I can tell that you are a very realistic person.

        You like to look at mostly the facts, and are grounded in what is practical and reasonable.

        How are you as far as taking risks?
        Signature

        'I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion'
        -Muhammad Ali

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9453486].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author mo2menelzeiny
          Originally Posted by Zodiax View Post

          I can tell that you are a very realistic person.

          You like to look at mostly the facts, and are grounded in what is practical and reasonable.

          How are you as far as taking risks?
          I've been there, dropped out of college for a year and focused on working in MLMs and then moved to some HYIPs, earned enough to pay for a new year in college, got back to my engineering degree and then decided that I should get work in something a little more stable and passive, that when I started learning Internet Marketing.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9453502].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gh0zt
    Your skills are valuable and you can make good money selling your services online.

    The top quality (SUPER FAST LEARNER) is brilliant for IM - you'll be thankful for that quality later on in your career,

    your other qualities can be used to make you money, now.

    This forum (as well as the other 5 most popular) is a great place to sell designs if you can design nice sales page graphics, websites and logos.

    Also there is a need for writers - sales copy writers, article writers etc.

    Set up in a few places to get yourself some work and expirience - give away a few freebies if you need to - once the ball starts rolling: it picks up quickly.

    Understand that selling a service here costs money - but for the sake of $20 you will get yourself more than one client - and that mean profit.

    Peace,
    Gh0zt
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9454110].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mo2menelzeiny
      Originally Posted by Gh0zt View Post

      Your skills are valuable and you can make good money selling your services online.

      The top quality (SUPER FAST LEARNER) is brilliant for IM - you'll be thankful for that quality later on in your career,

      your other qualities can be used to make you money, now.

      This forum (as well as the other 5 most popular) is a great place to sell designs if you can design nice sales page graphics, websites and logos.

      Also there is a need for writers - sales copy writers, article writers etc.

      Set up in a few places to get yourself some work and expirience - give away a few freebies if you need to - once the ball starts rolling: it picks up quickly.

      Understand that selling a service here costs money - but for the sake of $20 you will get yourself more than one client - and that mean profit.

      Peace,
      Gh0zt
      you mean by 20$ as in the War Room membership? cause it's more like 97$ now
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9454383].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author truebluesf
    Banned
    I want to break into Egypt market. We have a lot of traffic there and ad agencies can definitely use our platform. I need someone who can introduce our RTB platform to agencies there. Please PM me if you are interested to talk.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9454344].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mo2menelzeiny
      Originally Posted by truebluesf View Post

      I want to break into Egypt market. We have a lot of traffic there and ad agencies can definitely use our platform. I need someone who can introduce our RTB platform to agencies there. Please PM me if you are interested to talk.
      PMed you
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9454379].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TimothyTorrents
    Here's a list of services that always seem to do well...

    Logo Design
    Content Writing
    eBook Covers
    Web Design
    Illustrations
    Photoshop
    Video Editing
    Voice Overs
    Flyers
    Brochures
    Graphic Design
    Programming

    etc...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9454793].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mo2menelzeiny
      Originally Posted by TimothyTorrents View Post

      Here's a list of services that always seem to do well...

      Logo Design
      Content Writing
      eBook Covers
      Web Design
      Illustrations
      Photoshop
      Video Editing
      Voice Overs
      Flyers
      Brochures
      Graphic Design
      Programming

      etc...
      Thanks Tim.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9455059].message }}
  • Best is to code software in my opinion.
    Signature
    soon people... Relax...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9455323].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author mo2menelzeiny
      Originally Posted by HelpingYouBeAnExpert View Post

      Best is to code software in my opinion.
      Thanks for the opinion
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9457346].message }}

Trending Topics