Flippa a Good Way to Make Fast Money?

26 replies
Is Flippa a good way to make fast money with little to know investment cash?
#fast #flippa #good #make #money
  • Profile picture of the author azsno
    I started out 7 years ago making some of my FIRST IM money with flipping websites...I've made well over $250K "flipping" websites with over $58K on Flippa alone (I'm a Super Seller on Flippa). Keep in mind, there's more to it than just slapping a website together and throwing it up on Flippa...

    It's still a GREAT place to sell websites, especially if your websites have traffic and/or revenue...AdSense does EXTREMELY well on Flippa, sites that are making money will ALWAYS sell.

    Websites that are brand NEW, with no traffic/revenue will be harder to sell BUT some sellers are routinely making $1K-5K monthly selling Brand NEW websites. Of course that's a VOLUME model, and does require some extensive WORK.

    Expect to make around $25-$200 for a Brand New Website with NO TRAFFIC/REVENUE, that's for websites that sell. You can expect a clearance rate of around 60%-80% with Brand New websites.

    These are very ROUGH figures/estimates based upon what I've seen over the years as an active Flippa Seller. Your Mileage may vary...

    As with ANYTHING in IM, it's not an "Easy Button" to riches, there's REAL Work Involved in building, selling, and supporting your buyers on Flippa...

    ~AzSno...
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9464069].message }}
    • Originally Posted by azsno View Post

      I started out 7 years ago making some of my FIRST IM money with flipping websites...I've made well over $250K "flipping" websites with over $58K on Flippa alone (I'm a Super Seller on Flippa). Keep in mind, there's more to it than just slapping a website together and throwing it up on Flippa...

      It's still a GREAT place to sell websites, especially if your websites have traffic and/or revenue...AdSense does EXTREMELY well on Flippa, sites that are making money will ALWAYS sell.

      Websites that are brand NEW, with no traffic/revenue will be harder to sell BUT some sellers are routinely making $1K-5K monthly selling Brand NEW websites. Of course that's a VOLUME model, and does require some extensive WORK.

      Expect to make around $25-$200 for a Brand New Website with NO TRAFFIC/REVENUE, that's for websites that sell. You can expect a clearance rate of around 60%-80% with Brand New websites.

      These are very ROUGH figures/estimates based upon what I've seen over the years as an active Flippa Seller. Your Mileage may vary...

      As with ANYTHING in IM, it's not an "Easy Button" to riches, there's REAL Work Involved in building, selling, and supporting your buyers on Flippa...

      ~AzSno...
      Exactly. I'm not as successful about Flippant compared to this guy, but it will say that it is all about how you market the sites and how great it is.

      You can't just expect for the site to sell just because you put it up there.

      And it does cost something in order to flip your site. You need to put in more work than you think. You need to pay for the listing, host, domain, and every possible marketing you decide to use to generate income on the site,

      You do need a lot of extra cash in order to really get your site developed and making money before you sell it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9464286].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Rod Dinero
      Originally Posted by azsno View Post

      I started out 7 years ago making some of my FIRST IM money with flipping websites...I've made well over $250K "flipping" websites with over $58K on Flippa alone (I'm a Super Seller on Flippa). Keep in mind, there's more to it than just slapping a website together and throwing it up on Flippa...

      It's still a GREAT place to sell websites, especially if your websites have traffic and/or revenue...AdSense does EXTREMELY well on Flippa, sites that are making money will ALWAYS sell.

      Websites that are brand NEW, with no traffic/revenue will be harder to sell BUT some sellers are routinely making $1K-5K monthly selling Brand NEW websites. Of course that's a VOLUME model, and does require some extensive WORK.

      Expect to make around $25-$200 for a Brand New Website with NO TRAFFIC/REVENUE, that's for websites that sell. You can expect a clearance rate of around 60%-80% with Brand New websites.

      These are very ROUGH figures/estimates based upon what I've seen over the years as an active Flippa Seller. Your Mileage may vary...

      As with ANYTHING in IM, it's not an "Easy Button" to riches, there's REAL Work Involved in building, selling, and supporting your buyers on Flippa...

      ~AzSno...
      Hi AzSno , I found your post extremely interesting... could you please maybe elaborate more on what kind of sites (with no traffic/revenue, NEW sites) sell on Flippa these days? I have tried this in the past with niche sites but no luck, any insights on this?

      Thank you!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9470640].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author azsno
        Originally Posted by Rod Dinero View Post

        Hi AzSno , I found your post extremely interesting... could you please maybe elaborate more on what kind of sites (with no traffic/revenue, NEW sites) sell on Flippa these days? I have tried this in the past with niche sites but no luck, any insights on this?

        Thank you!
        You MUST have a USP (unique selling prop.) or your sites won't sell (or if they do, they'll go super cheap)...

        I sell mostly uniquely designed sites, Membership Sites, and sites with Traffic/Revenue, my sites usually sell FAST because I have a reputation for producing high quality websites...

        If you're going for website "flips" with NO TRAFFIC/REVENUE, then your sites need to stand apart from the pack at Flippa. Everybody and their cousin are selling BLOGS, or POTENTIAL earnings - I don't go for the Mass Market of just cranking out sites, throwing EVERYTHING against the proverbial Flippa Wall and hope something sticks...

        I create a Membership Site around an IM product, then usually sell those products using paid traffic, and then "flip" the sites on Flippa...My Income Membership sites ALWAYS sell, and I provide the buyer with support so the site can continue to earn...

        There are Flippa Sellers that are selling 1, 2, 3 or more NO REVENUE/NO INCOME sites per day. Just peruse Flippa to find some of these sellers and see HOW they're making $1K-5K per month with this model...

        You'll find MOST have a "FACTORY" of people that are creating these sites, then they just post EVERYTHING up and HOPE to catch a newbie that "buys" the hype of POTENTIAL Earnings...

        Those sellers, for the MOST part, are in the Assembly Line Model of producing LOTS of sites and then hoping that some will sell...You'll see they usually don't have 100% feedback, and their sites are selling for LESS than $100...

        Hope this helps clarify...

        ~AzSno...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9470697].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Rod Dinero
          Originally Posted by azsno View Post

          You MUST have a USP (unique selling prop.) or your sites won't sell (or if they do, they'll go super cheap)...

          I sell mostly uniquely designed sites, Membership Sites, and sites with Traffic/Revenue, my sites usually sell FAST because I have a reputation for producing high quality websites...

          If you're going for website "flips" with NO TRAFFIC/REVENUE, then your sites need to stand apart from the pack at Flippa. Everybody and their cousin are selling BLOGS, or POTENTIAL earnings - I don't go for the Mass Market of just cranking out sites, throwing EVERYTHING against the proverbial Flippa Wall and hope something sticks...

          I create a Membership Site around an IM product, then usually sell those products using paid traffic, and then "flip" the sites on Flippa...My Income Membership sites ALWAYS sell, and I provide the buyer with support so the site can continue to earn...

          There are Flippa Sellers that are selling 1, 2, 3 or more NO REVENUE/NO INCOME sites per day. Just peruse Flippa to find some of these sellers and see HOW they're making $1K-5K per month with this model...

          You'll find MOST have a "FACTORY" of people that are creating these sites, then they just post EVERYTHING up and HOPE to catch a newbie that "buys" the hype of POTENTIAL Earnings...

          Those sellers, for the MOST part, are in the Assembly Line Model of producing LOTS of sites and then hoping that some will sell...You'll see they usually don't have 100% feedback, and their sites are selling for LESS than $100...

          Hope this helps clarify...

          ~AzSno...
          Thank you AzSno, yeah this does clarify a lot! I will look deeper into this
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9488046].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author heavysm
            The people i know selling on Flippa (and other site auction sites) create huge authority sites with tons of traffic (not necessarily sales) so that buyers see the potential in the amount of sales revenue/profit they can make from the site.

            I wouldn't call it fast money whatsoever, though some do sell smaller sites for less profit where they have to sell a ton to make decent $$.

            However, there are some people who do nothing but create large authority sites and flip them for their entire income. Some have moved away from Flippa due to their elevated fees for higher end site sales though.

            But in my view Flippa USED to be a good way to make fast money from legit sites. There is a sea of scammers and fraudsters on there currently which sort of ruins things for the legit sellers, unfortunately
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9488106].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author LuckyIMer
    You can make money on Flippa by selling websites, you can develop and sell websites or buy and sell the website on Flippa.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9464754].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author LivingCovers
      Originally Posted by LuckyIMer View Post

      You can make money on Flippa by selling websites, you can develop and sell websites or buy and sell the website on Flippa.
      And in addition, you have to know what you're doing or else...you can lose BIG TIME! Once beaten, twice shy.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9471074].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Geek3000
    Great info guys. Thanks a bunch
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9465593].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author online only
    To be honest, I've been lurking around flippa for months in order to make a larger purchase ($100k+), but haven't find anything LEGITIMATE. There are lots of scammer who claim to have epic earnings, but 90% is BS.

    On the other hand, If you build something that really generates income and has potential to grow in the long-run, theres definitely way to make money from it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9465602].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author NobleSavage
      Originally Posted by online only View Post

      To be honest, I've been lurking around flippa for months in order to make a larger purchase ($100k+), but haven't find anything LEGITIMATE. There are lots of scammer who claim to have epic earnings, but 90% is BS.

      On the other hand, If you build something that really generates income and has potential to grow in the long-run, theres definitely way to make money from it.
      Yeah, I could knock out a site with fake page rank, a bunch of spammed back links, and with great revenue numbers, but it won't last long. Caveat emptor.

      Flipping sites is a game of information asymmetry.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9467878].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author jgant
      Originally Posted by online only View Post

      To be honest, I've been lurking around flippa for months in order to make a larger purchase ($100k+), but haven't find anything LEGITIMATE. There are lots of scammer who claim to have epic earnings, but 90% is BS.

      On the other hand, If you build something that really generates income and has potential to grow in the long-run, theres definitely way to make money from it.
      Check out Empire Flippers. Those guys vet sites and have a good range of quality sites for sale.
      Signature
      How I hit $10,000+ per month very fast w/ 1 niche blog - Click Here to learn more (no opt-in).
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9472078].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author NobleSavage
    Usually the best way to make money fast is by doing something quasi-legal, but unethical. There are other forums for that. I'm not in the make money fast biz, but I can appreciate needing to feed the kids, etc.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9467857].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author alaynaaleah
    Flippa is a market, where one can sell & buy Website & domain. If you are expert you can buy & sell web site from there. there are some more market as flippa. so you can buy & sell website from anywhere. It is not important from where you have bought. But it is very important, about the content, plagiarism, traffic, alexa rank, page rank & somethings like these.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9468187].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cyberzolo
    Not really considering the fact that you would have to build a website up to get more traffic and that is a big investment of time, so it isn't FAST cash but it can be very lucrative if done correctly.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9468360].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author alexaalexandra9
    Banned
    If you have some experience, you can earn money. Flippa is a online website selling & buying market, you can sell & buy website there. but you have the experience about website. without experience, you may in loss. Here I would like to remember you that every business is profitable, if you have the experience in that sector.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9469719].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Valdor Kiebach
      Originally Posted by alexaalexandra9 View Post

      Actually The flippa is a market place, where you can buy & sell domain/ website. If you have a good knowledge about domain & website & you are able to invest, you can earn from here. Here I would like to suggest to check on some check points. content verification. Plagiarism. Traffic source, Both Page Rank & Alexa rank.niche & some thing like these.
      Originally Posted by alaynaaleah View Post

      Flippa is a market, where one can sell & buy Website & domain. If you are expert you can buy & sell web site from there. there are some more market as flippa. so you can buy & sell website from anywhere. It is not important from where you have bought. But it is very important, about the content, plagiarism, traffic, alexa rank, page rank & somethings like these.
      These posts and user names seem very similar....
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9470208].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gokulmaba
    Flippa is a genuine way to make money from selling new blogs and websites. You have to get the idea of what type of websites getting good price on flippa. You can sell even a brand new website by making an attractive sales thread. Thank you.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9470453].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author fr33flow
    When selling a new site, how does domain transfer work? People are selling sites that are brand new, but you can't transfer the domain to anyone until 3 months (I think) have lapsed. The only thing I can think of is creating also using a new account and passing along the credentials.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9470535].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author CashMoneyOnline
    Banned
    My Best Luck came when I had sites that are making good money and wanted to make thousands real quick..My Best Sale was $5000.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9471285].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author master reseller
    Much like with a real estate property, how much money you earn off a domain property will depend on how long you hold onto it and how much work you put into backlinking or promoting it before you flip it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9472030].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jan Brzeski
    Although it's more than possible to earn some cash on Flippa (a LOT of cash actually), it's going to be freakin hard without any money to invest.

    Why?

    1) Creating a website costs. Yes, even if you do it all by yourself (assuming you can make really *good* websites 100% by yourself, that's with the graphic design included...)

    2) Posting on Fiverr costs too!

    If you can build good websites I suggest you start out by making one or two for local/offline businesses to get some cash and then head over to Flippa

    Also, you need to research the market. What's selling and what's not selling.

    Hope I helped!

    Jan
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9472097].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Geek3000
    What I would like to do is build some sites that are actually making money and then flip them. Building sites and selling the hype that they will earn hoping for a newbie who is desperate for cash is not cool from my perspective. I want to provide something of value to people. I like Azsno's membership technique. Thats cool. Can someone chime in on how to actually get sites to make money. I was actually thinking of buying a site that is making money on flippa and then get it to make more money somehow and then sell it again on flippa. Once I learn how to get the site to make more money, then Im good.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9475243].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Randall Magwood
    I don't know much about flippa except for buying sites from there. But a good way to make fast money is with ebay and half.com. I became a powerseller and top rated seller after my first 3 months of going at it hardbody. You can do the same. Start with some of the stuff in your home that you dont use or want anymore, and list it for sale.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9476820].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisWJohnson
    Banned
    I can't say you can make money fast in Flippa. You should have quality websites to sell there. You website should have visitors or generate revenue.

    If you have money to invest. Of course you can buy a professional website and then monetize it!
    Chris
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9478528].message }}

Trending Topics