21 replies
I read a lot of post here asking how to seperate a buyer list and freebie seekers. Some ( So Called Guru's) say that remove your freebie seeker list. Little they know that you can either use your freebie seeking to obtain traffic.

Now I will tell how to do it.

We know you need to bribe someone to get in our list via (eBook, webinar etc...). We know some will never buy (freebie seekers).

How to use them ( freebie seekers):

Social Networks

Bribe them again with another ( ebooks, webinar etc... ). Before they get the product tell them that you need to like, pin,tweet, share any social methods that you want to use before they get the product.

You will use your freebie seeker to make your site goes viral. Remember that a freebie seeker could have a buyer friend.

It's simple but very effective method of using a freebie seeker. Learn to use them.










" The older I get, the less I listen to what people say and the more I look at what they do".

- Andrew Carnegie
#freebie #seekers
  • Profile picture of the author Ged3
    That's a good tip!

    So your non buying traffic could still bring buyers to you.

    Another thing you could do is to offer them free ebooks
    with links to your website in that they can give away.

    This could also bring traffic to your website.

    Best Regards
    Ged
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9495715].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nicholasb
    I like the old 2 step marketing principles the so called "old school" direct marketers use.

    I have found it more beneficial to stop using lead capture pages in almost all situations and go straight for a low priced sale (unless your an affiliate)

    This way I am only building a buyer list of people who are highly interested in what I have, then following up and building a good relationship from that point.

    my profits are up initially on cold traffic, and more people take the upsells
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9495726].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve B
    Originally Posted by ptcrefko View Post

    We know you need to bribe someone to get in our list via (eBook, webinar etc...).

    If you have to "bribe" someone to get them on your list, your business is NOT on solid ground. If they subscribe only for the bribe what good is it having them on your list?

    I realize offering a report or some other gift is customary in this industry in exchange for a contact's email, but I have always done that as a way to introduce the prospect to the quality and value of my content - not as a "bribe" to influence or corrupt behavior.

    Write more compelling content. Laser target your prospects. Move away from the "bribe" mentality and give your prospects something they really want. If you do that you shouldn't have any trouble getting subscribers.

    Steve
    Signature

    Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
    SteveBrowneDirect

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9495819].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ptcrefko
      Originally Posted by Steve B View Post

      If you have to "bribe" someone to get them on your list, your business is NOT on solid ground. If they subscribe only for the bribe what good is it having them on your list?

      I realize offering a report or some other gift is customary in this industry in exchange for a contact's email, but I have always done that as a way to introduce the prospect to the quality and value of my content - not as a "bribe" to influence or corrupt behavior.

      Write more compelling content. Laser target your prospects. Move away from the "bribe" mentality and give your prospects something they really want. If you do that you shouldn't have any trouble getting subscribers.

      Steve
      This is an advice for people that don't know how to build their list... Why do big companies do promo, contest, reward? To attract more buyers. Why do mall having free mini concert, to attract more visitors. I never said that you should not put compelling content and just bribe them. There is no use to bribe them if your product sucks...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9496648].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Pedro Lopes
    Good advice man, definitely a good way to get the most value out of them. Thanks!
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9495837].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author vikash_kumar
    Any suggestion for those who already have a long list of freebie seeker's in their list?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9495880].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author brentb
      I don't mind freebie seekers. They can make you lots of money. They may only be looking for freebies in your niche but they are buying in other verticals and offline obviously so you need to monetize them accordingly. Throwing product after product at them will not work but everyone thinks it will.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9496110].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ptcrefko
        Originally Posted by brentb View Post

        Throwing product after product at them will not work but everyone thinks it will.
        That's why you should use it properly. Just like other companies do for reward, promo, contest etc... there is always a 'Deadline".
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9496709].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author AffiliateWaves
          I am a freebie seekers ,i always signup for freebies and from that i learned how to make real money .


          There are many free WSOs which can really help in making money if followed properly .


          Thanks
          Signature

          Need high Quality Expired domains click here to see now

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9496719].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author quadagon
      Originally Posted by vikash_kumar View Post

      Any suggestion for those who already have a long list of freebie seeker's in their list?
      I would send out a short well constructed survey to your non buying list to find out what there pain is. Track open rates and response rates and make these into different mailing lists. Pitch to the responders in accordance to there answers and you can gain credibility by being honest with them ie 'based on what you said in the survey i don't think my products right for you at this time. If you are looking to do x and see y happen then i would recommend
      Signature
      I've got 99 problems but a niche ain't one
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9496637].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WillR
    Every buyer had to make their first purchase at one stage.

    All buyers were once just freebie seekers.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9496658].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brent Stangel
    The use of a free report as a loss leader is as old as the hills.

    It worked when the hills were young and it still does. The key is to have your freebie lead seamlessly into your main product, just like giving the first chapter free. Make the first chapter leaving them wanting more to the point they will pay for it.
    Signature
    Get Off The Warrior Forum Now & Don't Come Back If You Want To Succeed!
    All The Real Marketers Are Gone. There's Nothing Left But Weak, Sniveling Wanna-Bees!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9496688].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Lance K
    Freebie Seekers are the scapegoats of failed marketing.
    Signature
    "You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want."
    ~ Zig Ziglar
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9496705].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Syssolution
    That's correct! I also thought this idea to spread the word about your niche and get some buyer on the list.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9496721].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ptcrefko
    Word of Mouth will always be better than SEO and paying for traffic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9496818].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JensSteyaert
    A better method is to turn freebie seekers into buyers, and that's only possible if you send them into a high quality funnel. If you just give a random report without any true value, you yourself turn these people into freebie seekers.

    I like the idea of social sharing, but i wouldn't apply it the way you describe.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9498038].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gcbmark20
    Originally Posted by ptcrefko View Post

    I read a lot of post here asking how to seperate a buyer list and freebie seekers. Some ( So Called Guru's) say that remove your freebie seeker list. Little they know that you can either use your freebie seeking to obtain traffic.

    Now I will tell how to do it.

    We know you need to bribe someone to get in our list via (eBook, webinar etc...). We know some will never buy (freebie seekers).

    How to use them ( freebie seekers):

    Social Networks

    Bribe them again with another ( ebooks, webinar etc... ). Before they get the product tell them that you need to like, pin,tweet, share any social methods that you want to use before they get the product.

    You will use your freebie seeker to make your site goes viral. Remember that a freebie seeker could have a buyer friend.

    It's simple but very effective method of using a freebie seeker. Learn to use them.

    " The older I get, the less I listen to what people say and the more I look at what they do".

    - Andrew Carnegie




    Hi,

    That's what we call...

    ..."Putting on our THINKING CAPS"!

    There are numerous ways to capitalize off the freebie seekers.

    They want FAST and free.

    So give it to them.

    But in a way that also drives your business also.

    People must know also that there are lots of BUYERS within the
    freebie seeker pack too.

    You just have to dig deep these days and make sure that your
    offer matches their needs, wants and desires too.

    Well done,

    Gavin
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9498057].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author UBotBuddy
    The word mentioned earlier is "Quality" [was not said by me].

    If you have a quality product and IF you feel that you need to add further inticements/freebies then make sure those freebies have a decent level of quality.

    Case in point. I have a training site and my customer comments were great BUT sales were still slowing down. So I added a massive source code zip to the offer and that pushed me up in sales.

    Now I am getting more incentives ready to add to my overall sales funnel.

    So the big take away (for me anyway) is that freebies do work as long as they are something that can be used themselves.

    Buddy
    Signature
    UBot Expert
    Need a Demo, Proof of Concept, Product Creation, UBot Source Code or Training?
    Just Ask Me! Psst...for ubot training I give discounts
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9498310].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Robert Puddy
    let me give you a fine example of the myth of freebie seekers...

    in 2004 my company did the first EVER... live streaming of an offline seminar.

    We initially offered a package of 3 days of the live stream and the recorded videos to keep for a very reasonable price of $97.

    We had 3 sales...

    So one day before the event opened, I did another mailing offering free entry to the live streaming, and did the upsell on the videos for $197...

    We had 150 people register for free, we had a 15% conversion on the upsell (which was double the original offer ) and on top of that 40% of the package sales for the speakers coaching etc came from people watching the live stream.

    don't tell me freebie seekers don't buy anything
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9498447].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DylanCoogan
    Most people use free products to test the waters. When they come across great quality, they're happy to buy the upgrade.

    I never buy a book on Amazon without taking advantage of the free LookInside! pages first. I buy a lot of books. But I decide not to buy even more books. And I wouldn't buy any books on Amazon if I couldn't sample them first.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9498666].message }}

Trending Topics