PLR Question, Can I re-sell for $1?

25 replies
Even though I may be buying PLR content for, say, $7.95 and the "Suggested Retail Price" is something crazy like $47.95...

Is it still ok to sell it for whatever price I want?

Also, what is the difference between Resale Rights and Master Resale Rights?

Below is an example of the Distribution Rights for a certain product...

Thanks!

Distribution Rights
  • Resale Rights - Yes
  • Master Resale Rights - No
  • Private Label Rights (PLR) - Yes (non-transferrable)
  • Giveaway Rights - No
  • Offered as a Bonus - Yes
  • Full Product Copyrights - No
  • Full Graphic Copyrights - No
  • May Modify Product - Yes (ebooks only)
  • Packaged with Other Products - Yes
  • Added to Paid Membership Websites - Yes
  • Added to Free Membership Websites - No
  • May Publish Offline - Yes
  • May Sell on Auction Websites - No
#plr #question #resell
  • Profile picture of the author blitzbc
    You probably could sell some PLR for $1.00. It would depend on the license. Some licences state how low you can go in price. The problem with selling PLR for $1.00 is a lot of people will not perceive it as valuable. You would also have to have a lot of sales to really make any real money from it. If other people are selling the same PLR at a higher price, you are going to upset them and in this business it's always good to have friends in this business, not enemies.

    As far as resell and master resell rights is, with master resell rights, you can sell resell rights as well.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9509211].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author giulio74
    Originally Posted by marketforus1 View Post

    Even though I may be buying PLR content for, say, $7.95 and the "Suggested Retail Price" is something crazy like $47.95...

    Is it still ok to sell it for whatever price I want?


    depends on the quality of your product plr
    and its uniqueness
    In fact, the PLR are not intended to resell them as they are (unless thou hast created)
    but to be mdificati, rewritten, repackaged,
    In short ..... different!
    So if you have a valid unique product then you can justify the price of $ 47
    but if you buy it at a dollar is hoping to sell it 47 or $ 50
    Well, the challenge is much more hard!


    Originally Posted by marketforus1 View Post


    Also, what is the difference between Resale Rights and Master Resale Rights?




    master resale rights:
    you grant the license to resell the product
    and you can sell (or give away) the right to resell
    Resale Rights:
    you grant the license to sell the product

    (you can only sell it but
    who buys it only has the right to personal use)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9509770].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author alvinhy
    I would always go for master resale rights and the right to edit the product.
    Re-brand it so it looks better and in terms of your own brand.

    This way you will be able to increase the price drastically.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9509858].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RobinInTexas
    Once you've bought it most people will agree that you can sell it for any price you decide on.

    I would hesitate to say that a restriction on offering it on a free membership site or giving it away is enforceable.

    I am not a lawyer, in fact have no legal training whatsoever. I don't even play a lawyer on tv.
    In no event will I be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of my opinion. Taking legal advice from anyone via the internet is a bad idea, you should do your own research and consult proper legal counsel before embarking on anything after breakfast.
    Signature

    Robin



    ...Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just set there.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9509879].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mark Singletary
    Ask your lawyer about price fixing which is illegal in the United States. I believe that setting or requiring a minimum price MAY fall into that category but not sure since I'm not a lawyer.

    Mark
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9509893].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author kindsvater
      Originally Posted by Mark Singletary View Post

      Ask your lawyer about price fixing which is illegal in the United States. I believe that setting or requiring a minimum price MAY fall into that category but not sure since I'm not a lawyer.
      The law is complex and at first glance does not make sense, but results from applying different types of legal rules. General concepts:

      Setting a MAP (minimum acceptable price) can constitute illegal price fixing. However, terminating a contractual license for selling below a certain price is legal - which in practical effect sets a MAP.

      That is why you see MAPs if you dropship or retail certain products.

      .
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9510305].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gcbmark20
    Hi,

    Are you planning on using it for membership site purposes?

    If so then you could use the $1 as a trial price and then charge
    $10 and more per month thereafter.

    If it is just the single product then you would be better to check the rights
    first and foremost.

    You don't want to step on anyone's toes by under cutting them on price when
    they wish you to stick to the rules on pricing their PLR products.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9509921].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Aaron Autrey
    What I want to do is over-deliver in value and gain a buyer's list by offering something awesome for a small price. Then during the sales funnel it will be things of higher price in the same niche.
    Signature

    The good thing about this business is that "People don't succeed cause they aim too high and miss, no, they aim too low... and hit. Most people don't aim at all." (Les Brown)

    Not us... Not marketers. We live far above mediocrity. Always keep this in mind at all times..

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9509985].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tom B
      Banned
      Originally Posted by marketforus1 View Post

      What I want to do is over-deliver in value and gain a buyer's list by offering something awesome for a small price. Then during the sales funnel it will be things of higher price in the same niche.
      Create your own product or add other PLR to your offer to make it different and better.

      Look, if you don't want to follow the rules they established for reselling, don't buy it.

      Typically rules are put in place in order to maintain the value of the product for EVERYONE that purchases.

      It's guys like you that ruin PLR. I just don't understand why you would purchase PLR with set rules when you know you don't want to follow those rules. I didn't purchase PLR many times because the rules didn't coincide with what I wanted to do with them.

      It didn't matter if it was considered "illegal price fixing" or not. Not that most here are qualified enough to make that judgement.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9510173].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Aaron Autrey
        Distribution Rights
        • Resale Rights - Yes
        • Master Resale Rights - No
        • Private Label Rights (PLR) - Yes (non-transferrable)
        • Giveaway Rights - No
        • Offered as a Bonus - Yes
        • Full Product Copyrights - No
        • Full Graphic Copyrights - No
        • May Modify Product - Yes (ebooks only)
        • Packaged with Other Products - Yes
        • Added to Paid Membership Websites - Yes
        • Added to Free Membership Websites - No
        • May Publish Offline - Yes
        • May Sell on Auction Websites - No
        Now I can discount everything else YOU say on the forum, cause you're an idiot. I never said I wanted to trash the industry by under selling a good product.

        I said I wanted to over-deliver and build a buyers list. Can't read son...

        As you can read above (maybe) it says Resale Rights, it doesn't give a price range.

        That's why I was asking. Your accusations are false.


        Originally Posted by Thomas Belknap View Post

        Create your own product or add other PLR to your offer to make it different and better.

        Look, if you don't want to follow the rules they established for reselling, don't buy it.

        Typically rules are put in place in order to maintain the value of the product for EVERYONE that purchases.

        It's guys like you that ruin PLR. I just don't understand why you would purchase PLR with set rules when you know you don't want to follow those rules. I didn't purchase PLR many times because the rules didn't coincide with what I wanted to do with them.

        It didn't matter if it was considered "illegal price fixing" or not. Not that most here are qualified enough to make that judgement.
        Signature

        The good thing about this business is that "People don't succeed cause they aim too high and miss, no, they aim too low... and hit. Most people don't aim at all." (Les Brown)

        Not us... Not marketers. We live far above mediocrity. Always keep this in mind at all times..

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9510272].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Tom B
          Banned
          Originally Posted by marketforus1 View Post

          [B]Distribution Rights

          I said I wanted to over-deliver and build a buyers list. Can't read son...

          As you can read above (maybe) it says Resale Rights, it doesn't give a price range.

          That's why I was asking. Your accusations are false.
          Oh, I'm the idiot and can't read? You are the one asking a question that was supposedly answered in the rules of use for purchasing said PLR.

          You seem to be the one with the problem, not I. If you can sell it for any price, why even ask this question? You should be asking the person selling the product. How the hell would anyone else know what you can sell it for?

          Resell rights isn't the same thing as PLR.

          I said to follow the rules or don't purchase at all. You seem to be having a problem understanding written words in sentence formats. It's apparent based on you not being able to comprehend the PLR rules and now my post.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9510296].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Aaron Autrey
        Originally Posted by Thomas Belknap View Post

        It's guys like you that ruin PLR. I just don't understand why you would purchase PLR with set rules when you know you don't want to follow those rules. I didn't purchase PLR many times because the rules didn't coincide with what I wanted to do with them.

        It didn't matter if it was considered "illegal price fixing" or not. Not that most here are qualified enough to make that judgement.

        I never said I didn't want to follow rules

        So you're wrong on 2 fronts, You're accusing me of not "wanting" to follow rules, when there actually is no price range mention... and also you're accusing me of wanting to be cheap and ruin PLR, LOL.

        I'm a newbie..... so I'm asking.

        If you read it.. I asked "can I sell for whatever price I want", especially if the price range is not mentioned. For example... $1, $97... etc etc.

        I'm not trying to ruin everything, chill out man.
        Signature

        The good thing about this business is that "People don't succeed cause they aim too high and miss, no, they aim too low... and hit. Most people don't aim at all." (Les Brown)

        Not us... Not marketers. We live far above mediocrity. Always keep this in mind at all times..

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9510321].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Tom B
          Banned
          Originally Posted by marketforus1 View Post

          I never said I didn't want to follow rules

          So you're wrong on 2 fronts, You're accusing me of not "wanting" to follow rules, when there actually is no price range mention... and also you're accusing me of wanting to be cheap and ruin PLR, LOL.

          I'm a newbie..... so I'm asking.

          If you read it.. I asked "can I sell for whatever price I want", especially if the price range is not mentioned. For example... $1, $97... etc etc.

          I'm not trying to ruin everything, chill out man.

          Look, if you can't pm/email the seller and ask directly before purchasing don't even bother trying this business.

          This isn't rocket science and it doesn't matter if you're a newbie or not. Being new doesn't take away reasoning.

          Nothing you could write would make me upset so no need to chill, son.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9510330].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Aaron Autrey
            Originally Posted by Thomas Belknap View Post

            Look, if you can't pm/email the seller and ask directly before purchasing don't even bother trying this business.

            This isn't rocket science and it doesn't matter if you're a newbie or not. Being new doesn't take away reasoning.

            Nothing you could write would make me upset so no need to chill, son.
            Gosh, you're clever.
            Signature

            The good thing about this business is that "People don't succeed cause they aim too high and miss, no, they aim too low... and hit. Most people don't aim at all." (Les Brown)

            Not us... Not marketers. We live far above mediocrity. Always keep this in mind at all times..

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9510334].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Tom B
              Banned
              Originally Posted by marketforus1 View Post

              Gosh, you're clever.
              ha! Well, I guess being reasonable would look clever to some. There is simply no reason not to direct these types of questions to the seller unless you are trying to bypass either the rules or what you think he/she will tell you.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9510349].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Aaron Autrey
                Originally Posted by Thomas Belknap View Post

                ha! Well, I guess being reasonable would look clever to some. There is simply no reason not to direct these types of questions to the seller unless you are trying to bypass either the rules or what you think he/she will tell you.
                I do see what you're saying...
                Signature

                The good thing about this business is that "People don't succeed cause they aim too high and miss, no, they aim too low... and hit. Most people don't aim at all." (Les Brown)

                Not us... Not marketers. We live far above mediocrity. Always keep this in mind at all times..

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9510393].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Aaron Autrey
    I'm a newbie, gimme a little time son.

    So I can sell it for $1?? Got it, thanks.
    Signature

    The good thing about this business is that "People don't succeed cause they aim too high and miss, no, they aim too low... and hit. Most people don't aim at all." (Les Brown)

    Not us... Not marketers. We live far above mediocrity. Always keep this in mind at all times..

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9510306].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author rbates
      Originally Posted by marketforus1 View Post

      I'm a newbie, gimme a little time son.

      So I can sell it for $1?? Got it, thanks.
      Normally, your license will tell you what you can and
      cannot do with your price, or other variables involving
      the PLR content.

      You may often see that you "Cannot Give PLR Away".
      If your license agreement does not say that you can't
      sell it for under some amount, then all should be well.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9510325].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Aaron Autrey
        Originally Posted by rbates View Post

        Normally, your license will tell you what you can and
        cannot do with your price, or other variables involving
        the PLR content.

        You may often see that you "Cannot Give PLR Away".
        If your license agreement does not say that you can't
        sell it for under some amount, then all should be well.
        It doesn't say anything. $1 is not giving it away is it?
        Signature

        The good thing about this business is that "People don't succeed cause they aim too high and miss, no, they aim too low... and hit. Most people don't aim at all." (Les Brown)

        Not us... Not marketers. We live far above mediocrity. Always keep this in mind at all times..

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9510329].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Aaron Autrey
    You could have said "Dude, ask the guy who wrote it" instead of "It's guys like you who ruin PLR" and all this stuff about price fixing... goodness man. I don't know rules which is why I'm asking a forum to see what you guys do. I'm not gonna just go out and ruin PLR (as a newbie) before asking LOL. Geez.
    Signature

    The good thing about this business is that "People don't succeed cause they aim too high and miss, no, they aim too low... and hit. Most people don't aim at all." (Les Brown)

    Not us... Not marketers. We live far above mediocrity. Always keep this in mind at all times..

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9510366].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Aaron Autrey
    I don't even know how to ruin PLR if I tried, haha. Lordy.
    Signature

    The good thing about this business is that "People don't succeed cause they aim too high and miss, no, they aim too low... and hit. Most people don't aim at all." (Les Brown)

    Not us... Not marketers. We live far above mediocrity. Always keep this in mind at all times..

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9510379].message }}
  • Don't sell a PLR for $1, because at first you're damaging your market, and second you will get a lot of problems (much more than if you sell it for $9.95). I tell you this because before starting with IM, back in 2008, I started an eBooks eCommerce where I was selling ebooks for $1, and I got more problems than real purchases. So pay attention, sell for a normal price, and pay attention to the sales page and that the product delivers good information.

    Only in that way you can build a business.

    See you soon,
    Alessandro
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9510476].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author giulio74
      Originally Posted by Alessandro Zamboni View Post

      Don't sell a PLR for $1, because at first you're damaging your market, and second you will get a lot of problems (much more than if you sell it for $9.95). I tell you this because before starting with IM, back in 2008, I started an eBooks eCommerce where I was selling ebooks for $1, and I got more problems than real purchases. So pay attention, sell for a normal price, and pay attention to the sales page and that the product delivers good information.

      Only in that way you can build a business.

      See you soon,
      Alessandro
      out of curiosity what problems have you had?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9519295].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brent Stangel
    I believe that setting or requiring a minimum price MAY fall into that category but not sure since I'm not a lawyer.
    You agree to not sell below the minimum price when you buy the license.

    "If you want this you must agree to..."

    I'm not a lawyer either but that is just common sense...but I guess some people can't accept responsibility for anything, so it must be illegal.
    Signature
    Get Off The Warrior Forum Now & Don't Come Back If You Want To Succeed!
    All The Real Marketers Are Gone. There's Nothing Left But Weak, Sniveling Wanna-Bees!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9510617].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sportybabe
    Originally Posted by marketforus1 View Post

    Even though I may be buying PLR content for, say, $7.95 and the "Suggested Retail Price" is something crazy like $47.95...

    Is it still ok to sell it for whatever price I want?
    The Suggested Retail Price is $47.95, if you think the price is crazy then why buy the product? To undercut the market and do your own thang? If the creators/sellers said the Suggested Retail Price is $1 everything would be fine. I think you're going to annoy quite a few people if you start devaluing this product by sellng it for $1. Common sense tells me that even though you can it doesn't mean you should.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9511387].message }}

Trending Topics