19 replies
I'm starting a backlinking campaign and have recently heard that go articles tend to rank better than ezine articles.

The keywords im targeting mostly have ezine articles in the top 3 positions, i also read somewhere that google likes variety so would a go articles article rank higher and quicker than a ezine article?
#articles #ezine
  • Profile picture of the author spycraft
    I would say no.

    Also, if I am not mistaken, go articles is nofollow.

    Ezines would probably be the way to go in my opinion.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[936072].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Cerberus
    I always see ezine in the SERPs and rarely see goarticles.
    Signature

    Business Owners Guide to Going Online - Ideal course for any business owner. Promote to your list and get over $70 per sale

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[936073].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Reader
      My articles from Ezine Articles are almost always on Google, and it can last a few days. But I have never had an article from Go Articles last longer than several days on Google--if at all.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[936085].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Matthew Olson
    Here is my experience with getting EZA and GOAR ranked high in the serps:

    I have over 500 articles published on EZA and around 100 or so with GOAR...

    GOAR seems to be MUCH more responsive to backlink building than EZA. Not sure why this is, I've also heard similar reports from people using Angela's backlinks (including Angela herself).

    Even though I have nearly 5 times more EZA articles out there than GOAR articles, the ones on GOAR consistently outrank EZA for the same long-tail keyword phrases.

    I always figured EZA would outrank GOAR which is why I focused on them so much in the beginning. Now I exclusively focus on GOAR if I want an article to rank high through a backlink building campaign.

    There is an intersesting "catch" to all this though...

    When it comes to an article naturally ranking high for a keyword WITHOUT any backlink building, EZA wins hands down. I have dozens of EZA articles that have naturally ranked high but zero GOAR that have done this "naturally".

    So if you're going to put effort into building backlinks, I would definitely choose GOAR over EZA. I believe you will see much better and quicker results.

    Matt
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[936091].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author riverchase
    Keyword target oriented searches seemed to display Ezine's articles over the other.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[936173].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author clubvikram
    Banned
    i would say, ezine, isnare are the best. go article are no follow, so i prefer the other two. i am personally more comfortable with isnare, i agree that it costs a little, but here all i am talking about is the comfort factor which i have with isnare
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[936205].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Zeus66
    EZA gives your new articles that huge boost by appearing on their PR6 (last time I checked) homepage for a day or so. If you choose keywords wisely, you can have several articles at any given time on Page 1 at Google with EZA. I too have seen GoArticles do better with backlinks, but not with enough examples for me to call it a rule of thumb. Definitely seems true for long tail keywords. I think most article marketers would be best served by working both of these directories.

    Don't forget video marketing your words too! YouTube is now the world's #2 search engine. Don't leave money on the table just because making videos might be intimidating. Learn how or outsource it! You will not regret it, I promise.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[936223].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Vanquish
    Thank You everyone for their replies.

    To make my question more specific...

    in terms of strictly doing a backlinking campaign to rank #1 would a e zine article or go article rank better? My keywords are in the 3-5 word length (most are in the 4 to word range)
    Signature
    Nothing to sell, only value to give and new knowledge to learn.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[936467].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author housefinder
      Originally Posted by Vanquish View Post

      Thank You everyone for their replies.

      To make my question more specific...

      in terms of strictly doing a backlinking campaign to rank #1 would a e zine article or go article rank better? My keywords are in the 3-5 word length (most are in the 4 to word range)
      If your primary goal is a number one ranking, I would choose goarticles.com. I have been able to obtain a page 1 ranking fairly easily using that particular website. A combination of backlinking my articles, careful keyword research and SEO has worked wonders for my rankings.

      Lao "Tony" Anthony
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[938273].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Vanquish
        Originally Posted by housefinder View Post

        If your primary goal is a number one ranking, I would choose goarticles.com. I have been able to obtain a page 1 ranking fairly easily using that particular website. A combination of backlinking my articles, careful keyword research and SEO has worked wonders for my rankings.

        Lao "Tony" Anthony
        great, thanks for your insight, do you find the articles stick with goarticles as well or do the infamous "google dance"?
        Signature
        Nothing to sell, only value to give and new knowledge to learn.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[938422].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author TheGodfather
          Originally Posted by Vanquish View Post

          great, thanks for your insight, do you find the articles stick with goarticles as well or do the infamous "google dance"?
          personally i don't care... traffic is traffic...
          Signature

          TheGodfather

          Perception is reality

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[938447].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author successben
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[936548].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author adamv
      I've had some goarticles rank pretty easily recently with a bit of backlink building. Also, if the keywords you're targeting have EZA articles already at the top of the SERPS I think it would be a good idea to use a different domain to try to rank for those keywords weather it's goarticles or a blog etc. I don't have any proof yet that an article of mine is not ranking because there are already 2 other EZA articles but I'm doing a little test.

      I have an article at EZA that has the same keyword as a couple of other EZA articles that rank #2 and 3 in Google with one indented under the other. Neither one has very many backlinks but I still have not been able to bump them out and take there position yet.

      I recently put up a blogger blog post with the same article and keyword phrase as my EZA article and I'm building backlinks. I want to see if it I can take over that position by trying something other than another EZA article. Maybe the big G doesn't want 3+ EZA articles on page one for a keyword. We shall see...
      Signature

      Get a professional voice over for your next audio or video project at an affordable price -- I will record 150 words of text for just $5.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[937795].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Joe118
        Big-g tries to show results from different domains on page 1. Only VERY rarely will you see two results (a main one and an indented one) for the same domain. And I only know of *one* keyword where I've consistently seen two main results from the same domain.

        What this means is that if you see a result from ezinearticles for the keyword you want to rank for, you're almost always (as in 99.9% of the time) better off going to another article site.

        Like others I've also seen that the effect of building backlinks for a goarticles article is much more pronounced than building backlinks for an ezinearticles article.

        Originally Posted by adamv View Post

        I've had some goarticles rank pretty easily recently with a bit of backlink building. Also, if the keywords you're targeting have EZA articles already at the top of the SERPS I think it would be a good idea to use a different domain to try to rank for those keywords weather it's goarticles or a blog etc. I don't have any proof yet that an article of mine is not ranking because there are already 2 other EZA articles but I'm doing a little test.

        I have an article at EZA that has the same keyword as a couple of other EZA articles that rank #2 and 3 in Google with one indented under the other. Neither one has very many backlinks but I still have not been able to bump them out and take there position yet.

        I recently put up a blogger blog post with the same article and keyword phrase as my EZA article and I'm building backlinks. I want to see if it I can take over that position by trying something other than another EZA article. Maybe the big G doesn't want 3+ EZA articles on page one for a keyword. We shall see...
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[938050].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Franklin
    You really can't go wrong with either EzineArticles or GoArticles. As a rule of thumb, I will go with whichever article directory is not currently among the top 10 for my specified keyword phrase....If it's a tie, I'll use another high PR property like Squidoo.

    Without a doubt, Google likes variety!
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[937815].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Philipc
    ...although I've had more articles google dance with goarticles...and not just once.

    Too bad that EZA makes you use a top level URL.
    Signature
    Does Niche Blogging Work? Of Course! Find out here!

    THE solution to your traffic problems. Don't believe me? See the video here!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[938054].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisChiSTL
    Ezine is SO slow. But 'articles base' is one I use when ezine is still 'approving' all my submissions. Hope this helps!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[938068].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author TheGodfather
    now please mind that I'm no expert in this sort of field, but IMHO I would use rather GoArticles for traffic purposes only while EZA for good quality back links... just my ยข2
    Signature

    TheGodfather

    Perception is reality

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[938081].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author johnben1444
    Its quite simple to perform a research. Go to google and search for Page Rank and find out the Page Rank of the both article site.

    Remember building link with a high ranking site is far better than the lower ranking site. Good luck
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[938403].message }}

Trending Topics