I want to build a blog

31 replies
I was thinking of building a new blog in order to promote my affiliate site & sig. I want to start getting free traffic from Google a.s.a.p. Any ideas about how to make it professional looking blog without spending a small fortune? I also want to get professional writers to make it as unique as possible. How many posts would I need to get the ball rolling on this?
#blog #build
  • Profile picture of the author Tom Addams
    I'd suggest getting premium themes from Theme Forest and plugins from Code Canyon (part of TF). You could then shop around Fiverr for logo and element designs and writers. You'll have to search deep for decent writers on Fiverr, but a few exist. Alternatively, if you have $500+, you can hunt around for web design offers on places like WF.
    Signature

    I Coach: Learn More | My Latest WF Thread: Dead Domains/ Passive Traffic

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9540444].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
    Banned
    Just get a nice looking theme from somewhere. I prefer commercial themes over free themes, but I use woothemes.com a lot and they do have some nice free ones available.

    The content is the most important part of a blog. Interesting and engaging content will bring visitors in over great design every time. Starting out, I'd want to get 25 posts in there of very high quality then just get on a posting schedule to keep new content flowing in.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9540472].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author NeedBucksNow
      Originally Posted by sbucciarel View Post

      Just get a nice looking theme from somewhere. I prefer commercial themes over free themes, but I use woothemes.com a lot and they do have some nice free ones available.

      The content is the most important part of a blog. Interesting and engaging content will bring visitors in over great design every time. Starting out, I'd want to get 25 posts in there of very high quality then just get on a posting schedule to keep new content flowing in.
      Cool. Figured 25-50 was about right. Should I post like 2-3 a week or would it be better to have 5-10 a week? Know it is better to do it slowly to look more natural but would like to have a decent ranking in a few months.
      Signature

      HOW TO QUIT YOUR BORING JOB AND START MAKING MORE CASH MARKETING FROM YOUR HOME!
      http://needbucksnow.com/
      JOIN MAXBOUNTY TODAY AND I'LL SHOW YOU HOW I'M FINALLY MAKING MONEY ONLINE USING PPC!
      http://www.needbucksnow.com/top-cpa-offers/

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9540640].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author sbucciarel
        Banned
        Originally Posted by blogsbringbucks View Post

        Cool. Figured 25-50 was about right. Should I post like 2-3 a week or would it be better to have 5-10 a week? Know it is better to do it slowly to look more natural but would like to have a decent ranking in a few months.
        I know I'm always anxious for a blog to get some traffic and traction. I usually go with 5 the first week and then maybe 3 the next and 3 a week until it starts to become harder to get topics that are really interesting.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9540661].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author usemyteam
    Start with WordPress and buy a theme that would suit your design needs. After that, work on some great and helpful content. The more relevant your content is, the more Google would like it. As for the duration of your blog, once a day would be good (Monday to Friday) and then 3 - 4 times a week. After a month you can do posting on Monday Wednesday and Friday. On Tuesdays and Thursdays if you can insert some photo blogs that would be good.

    Good luck!
    Signature

    Not Just “Another” Team
    UseMyTeam

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9540678].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author NeedBucksNow
    Thanks you all. Sounds like a good plan to build it up naturally as well. Can you recommend anybody that can do it for me for a great price? I work 50 hours a week.
    Signature

    HOW TO QUIT YOUR BORING JOB AND START MAKING MORE CASH MARKETING FROM YOUR HOME!
    http://needbucksnow.com/
    JOIN MAXBOUNTY TODAY AND I'LL SHOW YOU HOW I'M FINALLY MAKING MONEY ONLINE USING PPC!
    http://www.needbucksnow.com/top-cpa-offers/

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9540716].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tom Addams
      Originally Posted by blogsbringbucks View Post

      Thanks you all. Sounds like a good plan to build it up naturally as well. Can you recommend anybody that can do it for me for a great price? I work 50 hours a week.
      I would suggest the agency I own but we're fully-booked until March. I can probably ask around for you and get you a good deal. If you're interested, message me with the details and I'll see what kind of price I can get.
      Signature

      I Coach: Learn More | My Latest WF Thread: Dead Domains/ Passive Traffic

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9540729].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sarevok
    Getting blog traffic is easy.

    Create blog content that doesn't suck, and other bloggers will share it on social media.

    ;]

    (I've had like 1,000 blog shares in 2014 alone last time I checked, which was months ago, and I've been slacking off HEAVILY over the last few months lol).

    But... Let me ask you this...

    Do you think around 1,000 shares brought me just a tad bit of traffic + social media juice?



    (I suck with Google, and focus on creating GOOD content instead).

    Hope that helps you brainstorm, and wish you the best
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9540737].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cyberzolo
    You are not going to get free traffic from Google very fast, it takes time (site indexing, publishing blog posts with good SEO practices, etc.)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9540755].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author NeedBucksNow
      Originally Posted by cyberzolo View Post

      You are not going to get free traffic from Google very fast, it takes time (site indexing, publishing blog posts with good SEO practices, etc.)
      I know. I've been down this road before, which I why I started using my sig in the 1st place.
      Signature

      HOW TO QUIT YOUR BORING JOB AND START MAKING MORE CASH MARKETING FROM YOUR HOME!
      http://needbucksnow.com/
      JOIN MAXBOUNTY TODAY AND I'LL SHOW YOU HOW I'M FINALLY MAKING MONEY ONLINE USING PPC!
      http://www.needbucksnow.com/top-cpa-offers/

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9540765].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author NeedBucksNow
    Yeah. Definitely better to focus on content & the traffic & shares will come. That's why I want to make it as unique as possible & hopefully get it to the top of the search engines.
    Signature

    HOW TO QUIT YOUR BORING JOB AND START MAKING MORE CASH MARKETING FROM YOUR HOME!
    http://needbucksnow.com/
    JOIN MAXBOUNTY TODAY AND I'LL SHOW YOU HOW I'M FINALLY MAKING MONEY ONLINE USING PPC!
    http://www.needbucksnow.com/top-cpa-offers/

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9540760].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Esteban Gomez
    Fiverr.com is a great place to outsource logos and such.

    I have used their services and got great products for a very cheap price.

    Focus on marketing your posts at the beginning instead of creating tons of content that no one is every going to see.

    Once you start getting descent traffic you can start creating more content.

    I would suggest 1 - 2 high value blog posts per week with lot of marketing to get traffic to them.

    Make sure you optimize them for the search engines as well

    Cheers
    Signature
    Visit My Blog To Fast Track Your Internet Marketing Success:
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9541061].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author NeedBucksNow
      Originally Posted by Esteban Gomez View Post

      Fiverr.com is a great place to outsource logos and such.

      I have used their services and got great products for a very cheap price.

      Focus on marketing your posts at the beginning instead of creating tons of content that no one is every going to see.

      Once you start getting descent traffic you can start creating more content.

      I would suggest 1 - 2 high value blog posts per week with lot of marketing to get traffic to them.

      Make sure you optimize them for the search engines as well

      Cheers
      Sounds good. Looking into different ideas for it right now.

      Signature

      HOW TO QUIT YOUR BORING JOB AND START MAKING MORE CASH MARKETING FROM YOUR HOME!
      http://needbucksnow.com/
      JOIN MAXBOUNTY TODAY AND I'LL SHOW YOU HOW I'M FINALLY MAKING MONEY ONLINE USING PPC!
      http://www.needbucksnow.com/top-cpa-offers/

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9541070].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author linathinfotech
    Min. 20 to 30 posts require for your blog.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9541635].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author JohnZ
    If you want a great looking blog that doesn't cost you a fortune, install WordPress and then choose a premium theme. Pick one featuring beautiful slides, parallax effect, and professional graphics. Have at least 5-10 posts before launching your blog.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9542004].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author NeedBucksNow
      Originally Posted by JohnZ View Post

      If you want a great looking blog that doesn't cost you a fortune, install WordPress and then choose a premium theme. Pick one featuring beautiful slides, parallax effect, and professional graphics. Have at least 5-10 posts before launching your blog.
      Sounds good. Like the idea about having the posts ready below launching & should give it a good head start. I'll be sure to add it to my sig when it is ready
      Signature

      HOW TO QUIT YOUR BORING JOB AND START MAKING MORE CASH MARKETING FROM YOUR HOME!
      http://needbucksnow.com/
      JOIN MAXBOUNTY TODAY AND I'LL SHOW YOU HOW I'M FINALLY MAKING MONEY ONLINE USING PPC!
      http://www.needbucksnow.com/top-cpa-offers/

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9542576].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sandakelum
    I also recommend WordPress. It wont be a easy thing to rank. You should try to write content yourself and use Fiverr for only SEO.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9542018].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Nateurjordy80
    I just did a web search and I found a website fr.wix.com that proposes the creation of a blog in a minute. You can go to the site to collect more information.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9542023].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author BWHadam
    pick up a premium wordpress theme
    pick up a reliable hosting service
    make killer interesting content
    market it as much as you can

    good luck!
    Signature

    Your Slow Website is Killing Your Business!
    Run Your Website like a Ferrari with our FAST VPS in $9/mo

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9542032].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Emir Hayric
      As everyone else has stated get yourself a premium theme, I myself am using Avada and it looks beautiful albeit a bit slower as opposed to free themes. For this reason I will be moving my squeeze pages to static html files so that they load quicker

      Once traffic picks up (1000+ visitors a day?) and your site beings to have a lot more content such as images and video I would HIGHLY advise a VPS solution combined with Litespeed and a CDN. For VPS I have used Beyond Hosting in the past when I was running adult CPA and their service is top notch and for CDN I used RackSpace, the the cost was very reasonable, I want to say like $20 a month or less.

      Outsourcing is a great option for people like me with very little free time just make sure the content is engaging and not crap as others have stated.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9542063].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author NeedBucksNow
        Originally Posted by DreamTFK View Post

        As everyone else has stated get yourself a premium theme, I myself am using Avada and it looks beautiful albeit a bit slower as opposed to free themes. For this reason I will be moving my squeeze pages to static html files so that they load quicker

        Once traffic picks up (1000+ visitors a day?) and your site beings to have a lot more content such as images and video I would HIGHLY advise a VPS solution combined with Litespeed and a CDN. For VPS I have used Beyond Hosting in the past when I was running adult CPA and their service is top notch and for CDN I used RackSpace, the the cost was very reasonable, I want to say like $20 a month or less.

        Outsourcing is a great option for people like me with very little free time just make sure the content is engaging and not crap as others have stated.
        Sounds good. What is a good price for outsourcing a blog anyways? I was thinking about just getting the initial theme setup from a web designer then ordering some articles from getcontent or something like that. Would it be possible for under $100?

        Signature

        HOW TO QUIT YOUR BORING JOB AND START MAKING MORE CASH MARKETING FROM YOUR HOME!
        http://needbucksnow.com/
        JOIN MAXBOUNTY TODAY AND I'LL SHOW YOU HOW I'M FINALLY MAKING MONEY ONLINE USING PPC!
        http://www.needbucksnow.com/top-cpa-offers/

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9542590].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author godabhi
    Research keyword according to your website model and stuff them into your articles. If you're going out for affiliate then you must have to provide good quality articles that can satisfy your visitors need and make sales. Effective design is also necessary..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9542087].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author madams2
    If you are looking for social traffic instead or in addition to search engine traffic you might want to consider making content that goes viral. I made a tutorial on my blog on how to setup such a site.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9542596].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author EPoltrack77
    You have dozens of different free themes to choose from when setting up your template.

    As far as content goes the key there is to be steady. Write your content around keyword phrases based on research that you do.

    When creating your blog post it is very important to keep on-page SEO in mind. You need to do off-page SEO or backlinking as well. Set a time everyday to do that!

    Make sure to include images and h2 and h3 tags in your post.

    Make sure to have Google Analytics and Webmaster tools set up on your blog so you can watch and see what is going on.

    I started a fishing blog a few months ago and only have 14 post on it and google has me indexed with 105 keywords many of which I am on the first page for.


    Really can't say how many post.
    Signature
    Targeted Viewers! All your traffic needs in one spot. Get seen today!
    Click Here Now
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9542624].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9543304].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author VicAd
    Hi warriors,

    Iam a newbie on CPA and would love to seek some information. TIA

    I would like to know what's the requirement on CPA Publishers?

    I'm a web designer and provide web host for reasonable numbers of websites. I'm very new to CPA and would like some advise from you warriors.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9546994].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Emir Hayric
      Originally Posted by VicAd View Post

      Hi warriors,

      Iam a newbie on CPA and would love to seek some information. TIA

      I would like to know what's the requirement on CPA Publishers?

      I'm a web designer and provide web host for reasonable numbers of websites. I'm very new to CPA and would like some advise from you warriors.
      Use the search feature and you will find an incredible amount of topics here.

      Or you can try Google.

      This has nothing to do with the thread and jacking someone else's thread to ask your own question is probably not the best way to start here.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9547235].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author gmarklin
    I would set up a wordpress blog, and get a top quality premium theme. ,Content is the most important part of the blog, it must be unique and compelling. Professional writers can be found on the Warrior Forum, and other writing forums
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9548676].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bruich76
    agreed with what Gmarklin said above ^ good content attracts visitors, in their 1,000s.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9548688].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Benjamin Ehinger
    Start with the content. If it's not quality, the rest doesn't matter. If you want to make it with a blog, you have to provide quality content others will read, share and love!

    Benjamin Ehinger
    Signature
    Ready to Explode your Content Marketing?

    Discover How to Increase Revenues with My Complete SEO Content Strategy Here!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9554501].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Datangle
    I would like to suggest wix and iblog sites. These two having business related themes. It also look like professional web site to promote your business as well as having blog in it too. These two are generating Do follow links. So it'll easily generate more traffics and create more back links to your site. Go and try to use it from now.
    Signature

    I am the owner of this Dallas Ad Poster . I am here to know about SEO process to develop this website.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[9554778].message }}

Trending Topics