I often get emails from my lists asking me why they can't make affirmations and/or visualizations work for them despite all their efforts. I found 5 critical components that, when missing, could cause failure in manifesting what you want:
1) Repetition - You need to do it repeatedly on a daily basis. You can't just do your affirmation or visualization one day and forget about it for a few days, then come back to doing it again. You have to stay consistent day by day, and do it several times in a day.
2) Emotion - You have to really feel like you're having, doing or being what you want right now. Perhaps the most important emotion is desire. You have to desire it so much that you feel thrilled every time you're thinking about it.
3) Belief - Jesus said in Mark 11:24, "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, BELIEVE that you have received it, and it will be yours." Enough said.
4) Acceptance - If you want to be rich but you reject when someone gives you a gift, you're not opening yourself up to receiving from the universe.
5) Giving - You must be willing to give in order to receive more of it. If you want more money, give some away. If you want more love and respect, do the same to others. This is the Law of Karma at work.
6) Gratitude - You have to appreciate everything you have right now. Even if you still don't have what you want, be thankful for what you already have. Think of everything you're grateful for. It could be anything - the air you breathe, the sunshine, the rain, your family, your job, your friends, your health... even as simple as being able to eat and walk are things to be grateful for.
Hope this helps. Please kindly add to the list if you found that I've forgotten anything.