By February, over 80% of people would have forgotten their resolution. By March, the gyms will be empty because over 95% of people would have shelved their weight loss or fitness goal for 2016.
The reason for this is a loss of motivation.
"People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing, that's why we recommend it daily." - Zig Ziglar
I've listed 25 quotes below to help motivate you. Print out or write out one that resonates with you. Read it before every workout. Read it every time you don't feel like training. Read it whenever you feel tempted to eat something you shouldn't. These quotes will help you in the long run.
• Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.
• Suck it up... and one day you won't have to suck it in.
• When you feel like quitting, think about why you started.
• Sacrifice is giving up on something good for something better.
• Discipline is just choosing between what you want now and what you want most.
• Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret.
• If you're tired of starting over, stop giving up.
• Sweat is fat crying.
• What you eat in private eventually is what you wear in public.
• If it's important to you, you'll find a way. If it's not, you'll find an excuse.
• If you eat what you have always eaten, you'll weigh what you have always weighed.
• If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.
• Nothing tastes as good as being fit feels.
• In life you have 3 choices. Give up, give in or give it your all.
• Excuses burn zero calories.
• If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you.
• Pain is temporary. Quitting is forever.
• You don't have to be great to start... But you have to start to be great.
• Nothing will work unless you do.
• Dead last finish is greater than did not finish, which trumps did not start.
• Blood, sweat and respect. The first two you give. The last you earn. Give it. Earn it.
• Life never gets easier. You just get stronger.
• No rest is worth anything except the rest that is earned.
• The only bad workout is the one that didn't happen.
I wish all my fellow warriors good health in 2015.
"He who has health, has hope; and he who has hope, has everything." - Thomas Carlyle.