The Warren Buffet Mindset

15 replies
One of the richest men of all time once said

"LEARNING IS EARNING"

simple but powerful

the more you learn the more you earn

the second you think you know everything is the second you start falling off

never stop learning warriors!
#buffet #mindset #warren
  • Profile picture of the author Ben West
    I don't completely agree. I would love to spend all day learning, but learning is specifically not earning. It is learning. They are not the same.

    Now, doing... that is where the money comes from. Obviously the more you learn, the better you can do your job. But there comes a time when you have to stop learning and start doing.

    Too many people fail to succeed on this forum because they spend far too much time learning and not enough time doing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10105169].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bluboi543
      everything starts with learning my friend

      be it from an experience, book, video

      L- Earn
      Signature

      Get paid to blog with http://www.SocialDashboard.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10108282].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chrisnos
      The secret is mastering applied action.


      It's not just reading a book on how to swim - it's mastering swimming in the water - you've only truly learned when you can take information and be able to get RESULTS.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10108331].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author bluboi543
        Originally Posted by chrisnos View Post

        The secret is mastering applied action.


        It's not just reading a book on how to swim - it's mastering swimming in the water - you've only truly learned when you can take information and be able to get RESULTS.
        if you jump in the water with out proper knowledge of what you are doing you will potentially drown
        Signature

        Get paid to blog with http://www.SocialDashboard.com

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10108711].message }}
  • Output demands input.

    Learning skews the inpututput ratio in your favor, from 1:1 to 2:1 (and so on).

    From this self-bucked throughput emergeth do-put.
    Signature

    Lightin' fuses is for blowin' stuff together.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10108327].message }}
  • See, now I learned how to use a freako accidental smiley...
    Signature

    Lightin' fuses is for blowin' stuff together.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10108332].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author davidpham
    Originally Posted by bluboi543 View Post

    One of the richest men of all time once said

    "LEARNING IS EARNING"

    simple but powerful

    the more you learn the more you earn

    the second you think you know everything is the second you start falling off

    never stop learning warriors!
    One of the best quote I love from him. Anyone can say but not many people can "feel" it
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10108745].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sir Eliot Dundee
    It's true and valid; without solid information you won't go very far in your endeavors.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10108756].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bluboi543
      Originally Posted by Sir Eliot Dundee View Post

      It's true and valid; without solid information you won't go very far in your endeavors.
      EVERYTHING starts with LEARNING

      L-Earning
      Signature

      Get paid to blog with http://www.SocialDashboard.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10108804].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author WilloxPerez
    I do agree with this concept I would just add that you must have the desire to learn as well as the focus to apply what you learn. Like some other warriors mentioned, you can learn all you want but if you do not apply it you will not earn or see any type of results.

    Also make sure it is the right type of knowledge as well. You do no need to be an expert at everything. Henry Ford was good at a few things but one of his best skills was to surround himself with experts who each was specialized in a specific field that could help him. This way he didn't have to acquire all the knowledge in the world but focus on learning more about what he was passionate about.

    - Will
    Signature
    OmarAndWill.com - Buying/Selling Domains: Domain Discussions: Random Crazy Rants!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10108973].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author sttbs
      Originally Posted by WilloxPerez View Post

      I do agree with this concept I would just add that you must have the desire to learn as well as the focus to apply what you learn. Like some other warriors mentioned, you can learn all you want but if you do not apply it you will not earn or see any type of results.

      Also make sure it is the right type of knowledge as well. You do no need to be an expert at everything. Henry Ford was good at a few things but one of his best skills was to surround himself with experts who each was specialized in a specific field that could help him. This way he didn't have to acquire all the knowledge in the world but focus on learning more about what he was passionate about.

      - Will
      Nice one. Completely agree. Balance learning with doing.
      Signature

      sttbs
      Shark Web - providing website design and seo services

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10109397].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author PrettyJenny
      Originally Posted by WilloxPerez View Post

      I do agree with this concept I would just add that you must have the desire to learn as well as the focus to apply what you learn. Like some other warriors mentioned, you can learn all you want but if you do not apply it you will not earn or see any type of results.

      Also make sure it is the right type of knowledge as well. You do no need to be an expert at everything. Henry Ford was good at a few things but one of his best skills was to surround himself with experts who each was specialized in a specific field that could help him. This way he didn't have to acquire all the knowledge in the world but focus on learning more about what he was passionate about.

      - Will
      I totally agree. Of course one might want to learn all that he or she can absorb. However time is a limited commodity and you have to choose what you learn wisely. I think learning is best done with a goal.

      And what's more important is to apply what you have learned right away, not only to see if theory can withstand reality but also because memory is an old rusty machine.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10109611].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Member8200
    Definitely, "Learning is Earning". Skills makes money, how do you take your skills and turn them into something that people will pay for? Let’s say you have a full-time job as a project manager or salesperson or software engineer. How can you help that make you $200/month, $500/month, or even $5,000/month on the side?

    I want you to pay attention: This is the #1 barrier because it is the hardest step. It’s not some simple 1-2-3 checklist, which is what most people want: a one-size-fits-all solution that they can blindly follow to earn extra money.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10110841].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tobyjensen
    Applied learning is earning.
    Signature

    Toby Jensen - Master Life Coach
    Invest in what works this time.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10113951].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Trey Morgan
      Originally Posted by tobyjensen View Post

      Applied learning is earning.
      I second this. If learning was earning, then there would be a lot more millionaires and billionaires in this world. A lot of people get caught up in the learning phase and never really get into applying what they learn.

      When I just started my online marketing journey, I was obsessed with learning. I would buy every product under the sun. After 5+ years I finally realized that I was buying a ton of products, but I wasn't making any money because I wasn't taking any consistent action.

      I decided to stop buying products and just focus on taking action. Within 30 days of making that decision, I had my first $300 check and the rest is history.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10114061].message }}

Trending Topics