Most marketers can rattle off a list of cool benefits and features their product has. But if you ever want to see a Internet Marketer hem and haw or squirm, just ask them the thread title question in mid sentence. That goes double if they're an affiliate marketer (what separates "you" from other company affiliates?).
Because it's the first and most important question your prospect silently locks in on when evaluating you. Most marketers have different ways of finding their U.S.P or unique selling position. Then some confuse it with benefits and features,or worse, some try to sell with none at all. Yikes! Can you say crash and burn?
How Do You Personally find or communicate your "Difference" or Uniqueness?
For example, I started out with a simple guideline, but it's grown into a game plan. However, my top 3 guidelines (that I'm willing to share) is ...
1. Do what your competition hates doing or doesn't do as well.
2. Give an extra service your competitor(s) don't provide.
3. Take more risk from the prospect than your competitors is willing to take. (i.e, more radical guarantee, lower or no down payment, free # day trial, etc.).
What's the best way "You" personally separate yourself from the competition? For instance, do you have a ...
- A specific guideline?
- A set of guidelines?
- A game plan?
- Do you subscribe to the "plan-as-you go" theory?
- Other method?
- None at all (Feel it's not that necessary)?