I'm Not Ready To Buy Yet....What You Got For Free?

14 replies
It's no secret that if you want to make money online you have to sell something, but if you want people to buy from you, then you must be willing to give.

Don't be afraid to give away valuable content for free.

This is something I do all the time.

I have no problem giving away a 30 page ebook or a 2 hour video course for free.

I know that giving this away valuable content for free will allow me to help you and show you the kind of value I'm willing to give to you for free.

After seeing how much value I give away for free, you will start to imagine the value you would get if you purchased one of my paid products and/or services.

Do you see how it works?

The more you give, the more you will receive.

If you want to make more money and get more opportunities to reach your goals, then you need to start giving away more content, products, services, and people will start coming to you as opposed to you always having to go to people.

This is called attraction marketing and it's also a form of preeminent positioning. You want to attract people to you instead of forcing your products down their throats.

You also want to give away free content that is better than your competitors' paid content. This will elevate you above your competition and put you in a preeminent position that will attract success naturally.

So, if you want to build a powerful brand and a strong following, I recommend you start giving away your best content for free, and then make your best content even better and sell that.
#buy #free #ready #yetwhat
  • Profile picture of the author Odahh
    in the online gaming world..which video games and online gaming probably make a lot more money than all the movies released each year ..

    the free to play /buy to play ..pay to win model has replaced the subscription model for almost every game but world of warcraft ...

    there are a huge number of games and some people spend thousand or tens of thousands of dollars in these game..many spend hundreds ..

    but a vast majority of people who play don't spend anything extra ..

    and there are two main reasons people spend money..in games

    a to be more powerful and gain some advantage ,,

    or on fluff items that they think look really cool
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10358164].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author allanrsm
    Excellent philosophy...we all get what we receive!

    Too many times we often focus on only one direction of the equation (ie what am I getting) whereas when we reverse the focus, how can I better serve my neighbor, we actually get a lot more a lot quicker.

    Thanks for the contribution!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10358352].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author ElGuapo
      It's so true.

      I know somebody who drives me around the bend. They want to get into internet marketing, and their niche is music. They are talented at playing, and quite capable of putting out lots of content. But he is a 'first drafter' - somebody who thinks that putting out a scratchy video, without scripting, is good enough. He's entitled, thinking that money should flow into his hands.

      As a result, most of his content looks like it's from 2003. I keep telling him that if he's to build a following on social media, he really needs to up his game. The competition is fierce. If you want to win the crowd's love, you need to give up your best work to them. Anything less than HD video, careful scripting, smooth editing, and know-how marketing is treating the crowd with contempt. But all I hear back is whinging about the effort involved and how is work is 'good enough' - and that's why I know he will never succeed at this game.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10359422].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Trey Morgan
        Originally Posted by ElGuapo View Post

        It's so true.

        I know somebody who drives me around the bend. They want to get into internet marketing, and their niche is music. They are talented at playing, and quite capable of putting out lots of content. But he is a 'first drafter' - somebody who thinks that putting out a scratchy video, without scripting, is good enough. He's entitled, thinking that money should flow into his hands.

        As a result, most of his content looks like it's from 2003. I keep telling him that if he's to build a following on social media, he really needs to up his game. The competition is fierce. If you want to win the crowd's love, you need to give up your best work to them. Anything less than HD video, careful scripting, smooth editing, and know-how marketing is treating the crowd with contempt. But all I hear back is whinging about the effort involved and how is work is 'good enough' - and that's why I know he will never succeed at this game.
        Yeah man that must be frustrating for you to see someone with so much potential put it to waste. I guess he will have to learn the hard way. You get what you give.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10359524].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Odahh
        Originally Posted by ElGuapo View Post

        It's so true.

        I know somebody who drives me around the bend. They want to get into internet marketing, and their niche is music. They are talented at playing, and quite capable of putting out lots of content. But he is a 'first drafter' - somebody who thinks that putting out a scratchy video, without scripting, is good enough. He's entitled, thinking that money should flow into his hands.

        As a result, most of his content looks like it's from 2003. I keep telling him that if he's to build a following on social media, he really needs to up his game. The competition is fierce. If you want to win the crowd's love, you need to give up your best work to them. Anything less than HD video, careful scripting, smooth editing, and know-how marketing is treating the crowd with contempt. But all I hear back is whinging about the effort involved and how is work is 'good enough' - and that's why I know he will never succeed at this game.
        he is doing something though ..at some point if he gains a little traction.. those people who identify as his fans will push him to put out better quality ..most of the big youtubers took a good amount of time to find their style online ..

        patreon and other sites put artist in touch with their fans and give the fans the power to fund artists who do work they care about ..

        plus .as far as artists go you tube and online avenues ..are still small potatoes compared to doing shows and youtube ..is for giving out free content that will get people to attend shows
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10366573].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Trey Morgan
      Originally Posted by allanrsm View Post

      Excellent philosophy...we all get what we receive!

      Too many times we often focus on only one direction of the equation (ie what am I getting) whereas when we reverse the focus, how can I better serve my neighbor, we actually get a lot more a lot quicker.

      Thanks for the contribution!
      Agreed. If you want more of anything, then you have to give more. If you want more money you have to give more value. If you want more attention, then you have to give more attention. If you want more happiness then you have to give more happiness. Once you begin to understand this, things start to change for the good.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10359518].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mike McGovern
    I am a rabid buyer and ravenous consumer. Actually never asked for free stuff and go on to smoothly make my purchase. I say ditch those freebie seekers and just create unparalleled velocity products.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10359457].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Trey Morgan
      Originally Posted by Mike McGovern View Post

      I am a rabid buyer and ravenous consumer. Actually never asked for free stuff and go on to smoothly make my purchase. I say ditch those freebie seekers and just create unparalleled velocity products.
      I do agree here. You don't have to go the freebie route, you could instead just provide excellent quality products and services right out the gate. However, if you truly want to expand your reach and build a larger following and brand, one way to do it is to start giving away high quality products and services for free.

      I wouldn't consider myself a freebie seeker but if I see someone is giving away high quality content, products, and/or services for free, then it makes me wonder how great their paid content, products, and services must be.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10359533].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jeff Schuman
    Originally Posted by Trey Morgan View Post

    Don’t be afraid to give away valuable content for free.

    This is something I do all the time.

    I have no problem giving away a 30 page ebook or a 2 hour video course for free.

    I know that giving this away valuable content for free will allow me to help you and show you the kind of value I’m willing to give to you for free.

    After seeing how much value I give away for free, you will start to imagine the value you would get if you purchased one of my paid products and/or services.
    Really good points Trey. The key word though for me is value. The Internet is full of freebies, but I would not consider that many of them valuable. If I get valuable free information, then paying is not a problem because I feel like if the free stuff is that good imagine how good the paid stuff must be.
    Signature
    Jeff Schuman - SEO Blog Writer For Hire! Buy affordable, SEO, quality, MMO niche blog articles. Fast turnaround.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10359562].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Trey Morgan
      Originally Posted by Jeff Schuman View Post

      Really good points Trey. The key word though for me is value. The Internet is full of freebies, but I would not consider that many of them valuable. If I get valuable free information, then paying is not a problem because I feel like if the free stuff is that good imagine how good the paid stuff must be.
      I agree with you Jeff. Value is key; especially now when there is so many people selling the same methods and strategies, you have to separate yourself from the pack by providing tremendous value up-front. I hear the big gurus say we should give away 80% of value upfront and save the rest for our paid programs. Personally I'm not afraid to give 100% up-front because people will still be willing to pay for my programs because in my programs the info will be structured much better, and they will be able to do everything in a more step-by-step manner.

      Another reason why it's wise to give away valuable info for free, is because it allows people to try before they buy. When you give away your methods and strategies for free, people won't be nervous about buying your programs because they will know what to expect. If you're known for giving away high quality info away for free, then your paid products and services will have higher perceived value than the average guy in your market.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10376970].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Peter Cook
    Applying the idea behind this topic "The more you give, the more you will receive", I would like to give away FREE access to my Udemy course 'How To Become Super Focused and Productive in No Time'.

    In this course I teach a bunch of really great techniques and tools to increase your focus and boost your productivity. Perfect for Mind Warriors!

    If you are interested in taking the course for free (approx 2 hours), all you have to do is follow the link below, click on 'Redeem a Coupon' under the 'Take This Course' button and use the following coupon code: BoostYourFocus.

    I hope to see you inside!

    https://www.udemy.com/how-to-become-...ve-in-no-time/
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10366454].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Peter Cook
      Originally Posted by Peter Cook View Post

      Applying the idea behind this topic "The more you give, the more you will receive", I would like to give away FREE access to my Udemy course 'How To Become Super Focused and Productive in No Time'.

      In this course I teach a bunch of really great techniques and tools to increase your focus and boost your productivity. Perfect for Mind Warriors!

      If you are interested in taking the course for free (approx 2 hours), all you have to do is follow the link below, click on 'Redeem a Coupon' under the 'Take This Course' button and use the following coupon code: BoostYourFocus.

      I hope to see you inside!

      https://www.udemy.com/how-to-become-...ve-in-no-time/
      UPDATE: coupons ran out overnight, but offer still stands. Use this code instead: MindWarrior.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10366972].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bernard botwey
    great piece....am new here and have not start anything yet but i the concept of giving great value freely
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10372259].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author kamikaza
    Right. People who are in for free stuff usually don't put this information in action. The less person pays for a method/strategy the higher chances he will quit after hitting some difficulties. Imagine a person paying $1k for a method, Will he quit after getting some difficulties to chase another shiny thing? I highly doubt it
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10376671].message }}

Trending Topics