90% belongs to mindset when it comes to Internet Marketing?

by davntt
28 replies
I learn tons of courses from people called themself "gurus" or even normal internet marketers. They claimed that Mindset accounts for 90% of their success. How about you? Is is true for you?

Thanks for your sharing.

Thanh
#90% #belongs #internet #marketing #mindset
  • Profile picture of the author Sujata Mondal
    Please explain, I am not sure what you mean. But I would say you should read some books on negotiation, persuasion and web ad copy writing.
    Signature

    I web developer and SEO

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10743410].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author davntt
      Originally Posted by Sujata Mondal View Post

      Please explain, I am not sure what you mean. But I would say you should read some books on negotiation, persuasion and web ad copy writing.
      I am sorry but Is my question not clear?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10744284].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Regional Warrior
    Originally Posted by davntt View Post

    I learn tons of courses from people called themself "gurus" or even normal internet marketers. They claimed that Mindset accounts for 90% of their success. How about you? Is is true for you?

    Thanks for your sharing.

    Thanh
    Newbies mind set is 90% Greed and 10% luck , Mindset is so different for all who go down the big rabbit hole called MMO

    I guess I am lucky made all mine during to good days when Google was new and it was far easier than just put up a site and make money

    Now the Mindset has to be focused on 95% because there is so much more people doing the same.

    Jason
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10743411].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author neshaword
    Can we agree that the remaining 10% is reserved for a Good Karma attitude? Regards, Nesha
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10743430].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BigFrank
      Banned
      Originally Posted by neshaword View Post

      Can we agree that the remaining 10% is reserved for a Good Karma attitude? Regards, Nesha
      Sorry, no. I can't agree with that because karma is simply a belief not rooted in any factual basis. That's no different than saying, "God will show you the path to success," or "a regimen of multi-vitamins everyday will give you the focus and energy needed to assist you in achieving your dreams." Pure, bunk. All of it. lol

      You can practice all the karma you can muster and be hit by a bus before the day is over.

      How's that karma working for you, now?

      Cheers. - Frank
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10743503].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author neshaword
        Originally Posted by BigFrank View Post

        Sorry, no. I can't agree with that because karma is simply a belief not rooted in any factual basis. That's no different than saying, "God will show you the path to success," or "a regimen of multi-vitamins everyday will give you the focus and energy needed to assist you in achieving your dreams." Pure, bunk. All of it. lol

        You can practice all the karma you can muster and be hit by a bus before the day is over.

        How's that karma working for you, now?

        Cheers. - Frank
        Thx for asking Frank. Now, if you allow me and you're patient enough to hear my brief interpretation of the Good Karma principle in business.

        We all do our business in good faith that the other party will do the same. If something goes wrong we ask for a legal helping hand.

        Now, I as a freelancer have limited options. I will deliver you what I promised, because otherwise, I'm gonna feel bad about myself. On the other side, if you fail to pay or do something else you promised, I'm gonna say OK, but not OK, but OK. In some other situation with some other freelancer, you will pay what you owe me. The same applies to me. Some other client will treat me bad because I deserve it for treating you badly.

        Now, if some warrior keeps posting "negatively positive" comments over and over again, no matter what I say or do, I will also say - do your job whatever makes you feel good because Good Karma will take care of you. So, when something bad happens to me, the first question I ask myself is, have I done something wrong to deserve this?

        I was disrespectful and blind by keep posting articles, which was more suitable to some writing competition and not a forum. Then, I showed that I can change. Yet, some warriors think that the number of years spent and posts posted on WF give them right to qualify or disqualify newbies. I don't care about numbers, that's why I didn't study math. I care about words and what's behind them. In some cases, I couldn't find nothing more than bitterness and criticism regardless of the circumstances.

        We all believe and do what suit us the most. At the end of the day, we look ourselves in the mirror and check our pockets. Then, we know whether or not we did the bad or the right thing.

        Cheers!
        Nesha
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10743774].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author BigFrank
          Banned
          Originally Posted by neshaword View Post

          We all believe and do what suit us the most. At the end of the day, we look ourselves in the mirror and check our pockets. Then, we know whether or not we did the bad or the right thing.

          Cheers!
          Nesha
          Unfortunately, even though as you asked, I read what you wrote with great patience, I simply can't agree with you conclusion which I quoted above.

          You can be the nicest person on the planet and when you check your pockets all you find are the proverbial 'rabbit ears.' Do you know that the rabbit ears, are?

          You can be living scum like Donald Trump and become a supposed billionaire.

          Doing the 'right thing' has nothing to do with where you will wind up in life, from a monetary standpoint. If that were true we could just live like Mother Teresa and we'd all be wealthy. It just doesn't work that way.

          Treating people fairly, delivering a quality product, helping others with their problems through your honest efforts are all admirable ways to go about conducting your business and your life in general, but doing so guarantees you nothing more than a merit badge.

          That's what is meant by the phrase, "Life ain't fair."

          Cheers. - Frank
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10743857].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author neshaword
            Originally Posted by BigFrank View Post

            Unfortunately, even though as you asked, I read what you wrote with great patience, I simply can't agree with you conclusion which I quoted above.

            You can be the nicest person on the planet and when you check your pockets all you find are the proverbial 'rabbit ears.' Do you know that the rabbit ears, are?

            You can be living scum like Donald Trump and become a supposed billionaire.

            Doing the 'right thing' has nothing to do with where you will wind up in life, from a monetary standpoint. If that were true we could just live like Mother Teresa and we'd all be wealthy. It just doesn't work that way.

            Treating people fairly, delivering a quality product, helping others with their problems through your honest efforts are all admirable ways to go about conducting your business and your life in general, but doing so guarantees you nothing more than a merit badge.

            That's what is meant by the phrase, "Life ain't fair."

            Cheers. - Frank
            You disagree, but you treated me with respect in your comment. My kudos for that.

            Honestly, I have to Google "rabbit ears." Guess, it's not an extremely positive thing, but you must've had a reason for using it. Will let you know, or wait... Lemme check it right now.

            ...

            I'm back. Thx for your patience again. According to Urban dictionary, there are quite a few possible meanings. Some of them are very intriguing and one is naughty, LOL.

            Yet, I'm gonna settle for empty pockets. Which reminds me of the following:

            "We know that there is no help for us but from one another, that no hand will save us if we do not reach out our hand. And the hand that you reach out is empty, as mine is. You have nothing. You possess nothing. You own nothing. You are free. All you have is what you are, and what you give."
            Ursula K. Le Guin, The Dispossessed

            Nesha Rabbit Ears and Tears for Fears...
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10743921].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author BigFrank
              Banned
              Originally Posted by neshaword View Post

              You disagree, but you treated me with respect in your comment. My kudos for that.
              Well, I have never heard that from anyone, before and if true, your comment will not serve me well. I have spent years developing a totally-unlikable persona, here and one comment like yours can make all the work virtually wasted. Perhaps I'm getting old, or maybe I just has a weak moment. Whatever it was, hopefully it will never repeat itself. I have an image to maintain.
              Honestly, I have to Google "rabbit ears." Guess, it's not an extremely positive thing, but you must've had a reason for using it. Will let you know, or wait... Lemme check it right now.

              ...

              I'm back. Thx for your patience again. According to Urban dictionary, there are quite a few possible meanings. Some of them are very intriguing and one is naughty, LOL.

              Yet, I'm gonna settle for empty pockets.
              Yes. That is the one. You reach your hands into your pockets and all the comes out are your pockets. lol Looks just like rabbit ears.
              Which reminds me of the following:

              "We know that there is no help for us but from one another, that no hand will save us if we do not reach out our hand. And the hand that you reach out is empty, as mine is. You have nothing. You possess nothing. You own nothing. You are free. All you have is what you are, and what you give."
              Ursula K. Le Guin, The Dispossessed
              Sorry. That type of belief is simply not my cup of tea. I have plenty. I possess all I want and need. I 'own' most of it. It may be transitory, but it's mine - all, mine! I worked hard for it and I'm going to enjoy it - and keep your hands to yourself. I'm not big on sharing. lol

              Cheers. - Frank
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10744032].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gambino
    A lot of internet marketers have made a lot of money selling products that say it's all about mindset. You can dream, hope, believe you're going to be successful but that won't make you successful.

    It's 100% hard work utilizing your knowledge, skills and abilities. I'd guess most people fail because they don't have the knowledge, skills or ability or they don't work hard enough. Not because they don't have the right mindset.
    Signature

    Domains for sale: GetRidOfManBoobs.com & PerfectlySocial.com
    PM any and all offers.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10743433].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author davntt
      Originally Posted by Gambino View Post

      A lot of internet marketers have made a lot of money selling products that say it's all about mindset. You can dream, hope, believe you're going to be successful but that won't make you successful.

      It's 100% hard work utilizing your knowledge, skills and abilities. I'd guess most people fail because they don't have the knowledge, skills or ability or they don't work hard enough. Not because they don't have the right mindset.
      How long have you been in IMO space? [[if you do not mind sharing]]
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10744292].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ChrisBa
    Mindset has a fair bit to do with it, but in the end, continuous action is much more valuable IMO
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10743450].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Joe Ray
      Originally Posted by ChrisBa View Post

      Mindset has a fair bit to do with it, but in the end, continuous action is much more valuable IMO
      Continuous action requires a certain type of mindset.
      Signature
      We make things that do things.
      Smaller - Faster - Cheaper
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10743470].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author R0b328
      Originally Posted by ChrisBa View Post

      Mindset has a fair bit to do with it, but in the end, continuous action is much more valuable IMO
      I agree I think mindset is the fuel and continuous action is the vehicle that actually gets you there. Taking massive action is key
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10743676].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author danieldesai
    Originally Posted by davntt View Post

    I learn tons of courses from people called themself "gurus" or even normal internet marketers. They claimed that Mindset accounts for 90% of their success.

    I'm feeling a bit cautious about saying that mindset is what accounts for your success...

    Simply because "mindset" doesn't mean the same thing for different people.

    Some people think that having a good mindset is always saying positive things like, "I'm going to be rich and successful."

    But if you think that you'll be successful just because you're positive about it, you're mistaken.

    You can be positive but if you're not actually doing things that move your business forward, you'll just waste time thinking happy thoughts.

    To me, a success mindset is one that comes to terms with the realities of building a business (or any challenging task), having the discipline to follow through, and having the fortitude to take responsibility for any setbacks you experience.

    Assuming your definition of mindset is the same as (or similar) to mine, then yes, mindset is crucial for your success.

    Daniel
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10743490].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author insideyouweb
      Mind-set is one of the keys of success but there's no point of having a mindset if we are not going to improve and expand it, in the past my mind-set had to be pushed with my why's and by expanding my why's, the capacity of my why's determine the capacity of my how's, e.g if your mind-set can only obtain the 300k$ For a purpose then your how is only limited to that and can only obtain that amount. Expand your why's and your Hows will too thus your mindset will be pushed further to succeed. Realise why every success has a mission or a purpose or a desire... From my opinion as we go towards our goals and mission our mind set grows but vice versa a failure or a set back can also set your mindset on hold. As one of my coach helped me change and grow to have the right mind-set he first started with the mission and why's. One mind-set is yesterday Why like "I'm to old to learn, because you know what they say, you can't teach old dogs new tricks" the other mind set would have a Power Why like "Old dogs can be taught only if they want to learn. I am never to old to learn because its an opportunity to grow..."

      Expand your why's and the mind-set will too, so it's most important is keeping your mindset on track regardless of set backs and failures.

      This goes to everything, and especially for internet marketing, without the right mindset, there is no progression.

      To share the wealth for humanity to progress greater than yesterday mentally, physically, spiritually & financially...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10743755].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve B
    Originally Posted by davntt View Post

    90% belongs to mindset when it comes to Internet Marketing? How about you? Is is true for you?

    That's what those 40 people that got burned feet thought at the last Tony Robbins life coaching seminar.

    Steve
    Signature

    Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
    SteveBrowneDirect

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10743684].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author talfighel
    Attitude is important but your STRATEGY is even more important if you want to succeed online.

    You CAN NOT think your way to success without an effective strategy that will work for you.

    And remember this:

    Not every action that you take will work out for you. You have to test things out to see what works and what doesn't. While one strategy works really well for one marketer, does NOT mean that it will work for you or other marketers.
    Signature
    *** Work At Home Income Directory ***
    Your Best Source Online For Legitimate Work At Home And Home Business Opportunities!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10743700].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Sven300
    Originally Posted by davntt View Post

    I learn tons of courses from people called themself "gurus" or even normal internet marketers. They claimed that Mindset accounts for 90% of their success. How about you? Is is true for you?

    Thanks for your sharing.

    Thanh
    I make my living on the Internet since 1995 and I'll tell you something. Most marketing gurus are dream merchants. Not very different from religious men or politicians.

    There is no magic formula for success. If Mindset means a magical mental attitude that will bring you unlimited success without working too much, no, that's not true.

    But if a proper mindset means you have confidence in yourself, you are disciplined, you are focused on one thing at a time and you are persistent, well yes, these things are important.

    However the acquisition of knowledge is extremely important too. You must be an "expert" in the field where you want to succeed (health, diet or weightloss, dating and relationships, MMO, travel, gambling, etc). At least you should be able to speak with authority on the subject you have chosen. In your own case, for example, you could maybe make websites on a tourist destination in Vietnam or about dating between Western men and Vietnamese women. Because you are already an "expert" on these matters. From the perspective of a Westerner, you are credible on everything about Vietnam.

    You must know how to write correctly (content writing and copywriting). You must know the webmarketing (how to get traffic and how to convert).

    And you do not need to pay a lot to gain this knowledge. Most of it is available for free on the internet. On this forum, for example. On web sites recommended on this forum. Or on You Tube.

    But above all, the most important quality for success is to work hard.

    Therefore the combination of good mental attitude, a lot of knowledge and hard work is the "secret": the "secret" recipe for success.

    Good luck!

    P.S. Stop paying for courses that promise huge results.
    Signature
    I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it. Thomas Jefferson
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10743849].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author davntt
      Originally Posted by Sven300 View Post

      I make my living on the Internet since 1995 and I'll tell you something. Most marketing gurus are dream merchants. Not very different from religious men or politicians.

      There is no magic formula for success. If Mindset means a magical mental attitude that will bring you unlimited success without working too much, no, that's not true.

      But if a proper mindset means you have confidence in yourself, you are disciplined, you are focused on one thing at a time and you are persistent, well yes, these things are important.

      However the acquisition of knowledge is extremely important too. You must be an "expert" in the field where you want to succeed (health, diet or weightloss, dating and relationships, MMO, travel, gambling, etc). At least you should be able to speak with authority on the subject you have chosen. In your own case, for example, you could maybe make websites on a tourist destination in Vietnam or about dating between Western men and Vietnamese women. Because you are already an "expert" on these matters. From the perspective of a Westerner, you are credible on everything about Vietnam.

      You must know how to write correctly (content writing and copywriting). You must know the webmarketing (how to get traffic and how to convert).

      And you do not need to pay a lot to gain this knowledge. Most of it is available for free on the internet. On this forum, for example. On web sites recommended on this forum. Or on You Tube.

      But above all, the most important quality for success is to work hard.

      Therefore the combination of good mental attitude, a lot of knowledge and hard work is the "secret": the "secret" recipe for success.

      Good luck!

      P.S. Stop paying for courses that promise huge results.
      Thank you. I will experience.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10744288].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ContentPro22
    Mindset plays a big role.

    Luck plays a role as well, but not as much as people think.

    Generally, I'd just say the cliche advice of "stick with it" and "stay positive" works pretty well for most online ventures .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10743922].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Gallag97
    if your mindset isn't focused on success , then you're not going to succeed.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10743972].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wordsandthebees
    Originally Posted by davntt View Post

    I learn tons of courses from people called themself "gurus" or even normal internet marketers. They claimed that Mindset accounts for 90% of their success. How about you? Is is true for you?

    Thanks for your sharing.

    Thanh
    Great thread!

    I agree that mindset is extremely important along with perseverance and self-belief. Having the confidence to follow your own gut is what will allow you to stand out from the crowd and break the mould (so important in internet marketing as we know!).

    That being said, technical training and experience to back that all up is still so important if you don't just want to be a one-hit wonder, so 90% might be a little high!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10744263].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author davntt
      Originally Posted by wordsandthebees View Post

      Great thread!

      I agree that mindset is extremely important along with perseverance and self-belief. Having the confidence to follow your own gut is what will allow you to stand out from the crowd and break the mould (so important in internet marketing as we know!).

      That being said, technical training and experience to back that all up is still so important if you don't just want to be a one-hit wonder, so 90% might be a little high!
      I am going through the IMO journey. I am feeling the words people are giving to me in this thread.
      Thank you for your advice.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10744286].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author binelus
    Originally Posted by davntt View Post

    I learn tons of courses from people called themself "gurus" or even normal internet marketers. They claimed that Mindset accounts for 90% of their success. How about you? Is is true for you?

    Thanks for your sharing.

    Thanh
    Your mindset is very important. It should be so positive that with the right amount of consistent action, you start seeing results in small increments while staying focused (focus - follow one course until successful)!

    Also open yourself to continuously learning. There's no way you can know it all. But knowledge has no power until it's applied! Definitely keep that in mind as well.

    Hope this helps!
    Signature

    Tune into my new Podcast "Affiliate Marketing Secrets Radio" ==> HERE

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10744299].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jenlpan
    I agree, Mindset is a huge part of achieving success, not only for marketing but for everything you do.

    Always be dedicated to what you do and believe that it will happen.

    Being disciplined in something you are passionate about it the key.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10744340].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Juan Burton
    Originally Posted by davntt View Post

    I learn tons of courses from people called themself "gurus" or even normal internet marketers. They claimed that Mindset accounts for 90% of their success. How about you? Is is true for you?

    Thanks for your sharing.

    Thanh
    Nice. I couldn't put an actually statistic on the amount , however a good amount of your mindset and logic has a lot do with any success. I always have big picture visions for long term goals I set to achieve .

    Cảm ơn bạn đã chia sẻ .
    Giữ liên lạc.
    Save
    Signature
    Cheers to your success,
    Juan Burton


    JUAN BURTON | COM - Internet Marketer | Actor | Forex Broker | Film Producer | Product Developer
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10744616].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Analytical
    The mindset of using analytics and consistently testing new ways to improve things is what works for me.
    Signature
    Best tools to improve Google Analytics
    - Free apps, custom reports & dashboards
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[10745743].message }}

Trending Topics