I thought maybe that comes under the "good customer service" clause..or the "How to close a deal" tactic...
It was not late when I figured out that neediness is the single strongest factor that repels people. They sense it in your words, in your tones, in your bones and even in your keyboard stroking speed. And when they smell it, you immediately fall to the lowest a water well can go. You become an ant, and they become the boot you bump into.
What is it about a needy guy that makes him so unattractive in IM?
The very fact that he can't hold himself in high esteem.
How to spot the needy in you?
Are you doing the following things:
- Taking too much time on convincing someone why they should choose you. Putting in all the efforts, begging and negotiating even after the client/customer has said "No". This also includes lowering down your price and charging lower than what you usually charge. Usually, this is accompanied with an anxiety attack where your heart races, your brain boils in frenzy and your hands type faster; all because your "needy-instinct" can't lose this deal.
- Conveying irrelevant information to your client which YOU think will sound impressive. This also includes advertising about your qualities without them asking for it.
- Always making yourself available to everyone...and thinking it's the right way to socialize.
- Using words like "Please" that sounds like begging and making apologies all the time.
- Getting hurt when reality falls short of expectation.
- Working on someone else's mission instead of working on yours (most part of the day).
- Fearing a "No" and a miser in saying "No" to others.
The list can go on. But...
What super powers unleash when you stop being a needy?
1. You care less about losing
When you care less about losing, the winning envies and embraces you. This gives you unbelievable confidence in yourself and your abilities. The confidence starts reflecting in your talks, in your tone, and in your body language too; making you irresistible, invincible and authoritative. What follows is the no-defying urge of your prospects to empty their wallets on you.
2. It makes you 900% more appealing
Because they can't reach you.
And you are on the highest mountain...swaying inside cloud nine..
And they have to run for you. Grasp you and ask for your requirements...and bow in front of them....just because you have that charm the needy guy only fantasize about.
3. It gives you speed
You become so fond of risk-taking that it becomes your 6th sense. ..and this gives you speed.
And speed makes money its bitch.
Neediness is so stinky you can smell it yards away. And whenever you start doing it, you will smell it too. Your gut will tell you. Start with consciously suppressing it whenever it comes. Soon, the results will come in.. And you would realize it's the strongest super power a man can possess.