19 replies
How do you start your day right? At night before I go to sleep I pray for peaceful and a good night's sleep so that when I wake up I will have a good day ahead. When I wake up I again pray for nice things to happen, great opportunities to come and a great day in general.
#day #start
  • Profile picture of the author kennethsmith72
    I regularly pray at night and when I wake up in morning,I pray for the things that happen to me everyday even though it's not good enough,just be thankful for my everyday life with my family.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1213201].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Andrew O
    It's very important to start and end your days on the right note. One thing that helps you get off on the right foot is to get up EARLY! When you're up early you feel so much more focused and motivated to succeed than when you sleep in. And if you make the first hour of the day productive, it sets a pattern for the rest of the day. So I like to get up and get right to work on the biggest tasks of the day, once they're done you'll feel accomplished and motivated to tackle the next thing.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1213631].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Kenster
      Originally Posted by MarketingTide View Post

      It's very important to start and end your days on the right note. One thing that helps you get off on the right foot is to get up EARLY! When you're up early you feel so much more focused and motivated to succeed than when you sleep in. And if you make the first hour of the day productive, it sets a pattern for the rest of the day. So I like to get up and get right to work on the biggest tasks of the day, once they're done you'll feel accomplished and motivated to tackle the next thing.


      100% agree. I would suggest before going to sleep or at least before closing your eyes and drifting away, think back about your day. What did you accomplish, what goals have you met, what weren't you able to meet. Keep everything positive and moving forward though.


      Then when you wake up, before you get out of bed and start the rushing of getting ready, take 30 seconds to think about what you want to accomplish today. Set three main goals. Psyche yourself into being positive if you arent already.


      This go miles. Everybody has an extra minute per day to do it. Those that are disicplined to go through the acitons get ahead.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1213726].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jack Chua
        Originally Posted by Kenster View Post

        100% agree. I would suggest before going to sleep or at least before closing your eyes and drifting away, think back about your day. What did you accomplish, what goals have you met, what weren't you able to meet. Keep everything positive and moving forward though.


        Then when you wake up, before you get out of bed and start the rushing of getting ready, take 30 seconds to think about what you want to accomplish today. Set three main goals. Psyche yourself into being positive if you arent already.


        This go miles. Everybody has an extra minute per day to do it. Those that are disicplined to go through the acitons get ahead.
        Nice idea you have here Kenster. It sure make a lot of benefits having some time to more like evaluate your day and have some in between breaks to think or just have a minute of silence.
        Signature
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1216784].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Matt Willard
      Originally Posted by MarketingTide View Post

      It's very important to start and end your days on the right note. One thing that helps you get off on the right foot is to get up EARLY!
      Ah, but that's the rub. It can be pretty hard to do that for a lot of people.

      Now, I'm not perfect yet, but I can tell you what has been working for me. I regularly wake up at 8 AM. (This is a big improvement for me-I used to wake up at 11.) There are two ways that I've fumbled with my wake-up time before - besides my typical 30 day planned trial session, I've also done a gradual approach. Like, on the first day, set the alarm back two minutes. The next day, two more. So on and so forth, and at the end of thirty days, you're getting up an hour earlier, and you gradually eased into it, which made it easier.

      I've gotten to 6 before, but it was hard to maintain, so I backed off. Steve Pavlina says that a good diet and exercise will help you get by with less sleep. I'm still in the process of adding these things to my life, though, so it'll take time. Still, see what you can try out with your current body settings.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1214827].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author millcreek1933
    Early to bed and early to rise, Makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.
    - Benjamin Franklin
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1213927].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jayne Clarkson
    I take a deep breathe at the end of the day, reflect and relax, I then write down what my goals are for the following day which gets me off to a great start, I am focused ready.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1214007].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mithu
    I too pray before going to bed thanking god for the day that passed by. When I get up in the morning I again pray but do not ask a lot for myself but rather ask a lot lot more for all the living world - this gives me a lot of peace and strength to carry on with the day - may be God returns me the favour. I believe GIVING gives a lot more joy then RECEIVING.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1214058].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Charleskidd
    I think a good breakfast and meditation should do the trick for the morning. The n after a few hours of work go back to 15 minutes of mediation.
    Signature

    Does internet marketing seem to hard? Click here and you will see how much you learn.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1216238].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Agnes Lyle
      Originally Posted by Charleskidd View Post

      I think a good breakfast and meditation should do the trick for the morning. The n after a few hours of work go back to 15 minutes of mediation.
      Yes, that's what I do too. I also like to do 15 - 30 minutes of breathing and stretching and other exercises before breakfast, and during the morning go for a walk of about 30 minutes if I can.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1305866].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author achivement84
        I always start and end my day with pray , but beside i also agree that wake up early can give you super energy all the day , Also i wriet down all the day tasks and stick them to my pc and start work with a cup of tea.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1306019].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ngseosept
    ^Meditation is always a calm yet energizing activity that can be done in the morning. This will help you find your balance and start the day right. Whispering a short prayer of thanks is also helpful.
    Signature

    Let them eat cake!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1216571].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ausmarketer
    I like to start the day by exercising and getting out into the fresh air. I then come home and have a shower, followed by 20-30 minutes meditation, breakfast...and then I sit down at my computer. I find this little routine keeps me fresh and sharp and I can accomplish much more during the day then when I used to wake up and go straight to the computer.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1216705].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jack Chua
      Originally Posted by ausmarketer View Post

      I like to start the day by exercising and getting out into the fresh air. I then come home and have a shower, followed by 20-30 minutes meditation, breakfast...and then I sit down at my computer. I find this little routine keeps me fresh and sharp and I can accomplish much more during the day then when I used to wake up and go straight to the computer.
      It is also a good or healthy way to start your day with some exercise. I've notice that when I do some walking or running I gain more energy for the whole day.
      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1216788].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1216756].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author bobsstuff
    Friday (Now Sunday) I was listening to a Brian Tracy CD. He said the best way to start the day is to eat a live frog.

    If you start your day eating a live frog, there is not much for the rest of the day that could be worse, so your day will go uphill from there.

    His point was to start your day with the most difficult task you have and when you complete it, the rest of the day will be easy in comparison.
    Signature
    Bob Hale
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1316168].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author antiquenh
    I start the day by stretching, whispering a prayer and then a quick shower. I'm a morning person so I don't really have problems getting up.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1317645].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author dcrannik
    Climbing into bed at night, clearing my head of the day's events and saying my prayers to include being very thankful for my blessings is the strength & peace I gain to get a good nights sleep and to face the next day.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1361461].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author eBizSuccessCoach
    By first showing gratitude to the Most High for another day of awakening!
    Signature

    Judah Swagerty, www.elocalwebtraffic.com

    Get FREE SEO Video Training & White Paper for your local Business? Visit http://www.elocalwebSEO.com to learn more!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1361489].message }}

Trending Topics