10 Types of Employees You'll See in Your Workplace

14 replies
Most of us have been through the "employee" stage of our career where we worked 9-5 jobs everyday. I am in the engineering field. And so far, these are the ones I observed. You may identify yourself also, and add maybe to the categories below:

1) The "Don't-Talk-To-Me-I'm-Busy-Can't You-See" Buddies
These are the kind of people who hate to be disturbed especially when they are in the midst of solving a critical problem.

2. The "People's Choice"
These are typically the persons you're gonna see the whole time around every corner of the office at every moment of time unimaginable! They have the potential to be the company's next Vice-President in charge of Social Affairs.

3. The "Best Actor/Actress" OSCAR Nominee
Still have 10 sick leaves in queue for a year round. What's the latest valid sickness to declare this time? Let's try asthma or vertigo.

4. The "Ask-Anything-Under-The-Sun-And-I-Know-It" Perfectionist
Perfectionism isn't bad at all, I'll make that a clear point. Nothing's perfect, everybody knows that. However, being perfect at a craft you ought to be skillful at is a perfect description of perfectionism - you are perfect for a "certain" task, not at everything.

5. The "Give-It-To-Me-Ma'am-Sir-I'll-Finish-It-Now" Martyr
There's nothing wrong with leaving an impression. It's everybody's duty. To leave a mark. On the other hand, there are these people who fail to acknowledge their limitations. They don't know how to negotiate things in a diplomatic way.

6. The "Tomorrow-Is-Another-Day" Procrastinator
Research shows that some people work efficiently when they are pressured - and they go back immediately in idle state once the pressure is over.

7. The "Eat-Now-'Til-You-Drop" Food-Tripper
Oh well life is short. He has too much money. He can buy whatever his stomach craves for! This is his stress-relief. This is his escape to reality.

8. The "No-Pain-No-Gain-No-Work-No-Pay" Achiever
This man is simply outstanding. He's paying his own bills. He has stable investments. His bank account is consistently increasing in volume. Never fail to work hard. But sometimes he needs someone to talk to. If you have time, chat with him a bit... and wait, of course, for a treat!

9. The "Solomon of the 20th Century"
He has everything in control. Mind over matter. Family, ok. Friends, ok. Work, ok. Savings, ok. Relationship, ok. This man is as wise as Solomon - a bible character. He stands firm on his decisions. And he is a man of one word.

10. The "I-Don't-Like-It-That-Way-Cause-I-Like-Mine" Complainant
He want to change everything - the house rules, the system, the finances, the people's attitude, the people's mind. Get rid of them. They're toxic.
#employees #types #workplace
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
    Yes, l am familiar with 4, know everything, but actually know nothing.

    And when proven wrong, then it is dumb luck.

    But if the luck continues indefinitely, then that is,.........ummmm.....an exceedingly lucking person?

    The harder l work, the luckier l become, lol.

    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11099664].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Odahh
    i have much less kind observations ..there are many reasons companies in the USA ..us workers outside of the country.. well beyond just cost . And many will be replaced by ai and automation in the next 15-20 years

    i will do a really not so nice list the order is random

    1 the can't stay off the F*&(*(g cellphone or go a minute without texting someone

    2 the person the person who is either high on pot or waiting to get off work to smoke it

    3 the drunk who sometimes shows up to work drunk or is hungover as hell

    4 the person on crack meth or heroine who is either high or going through withdrawals

    5 the hardest worker who works circles around everyone and bitches about how slow everyone is ..ok fine he is usually the one doing cocaine

    6 the people who don't speak much english..or the people who do but refuse to understand plain English.

    7 ther personal injury suit waiting to happen..

    ok so i am being mean but there is a reason why a crap load of jobs are now done by temporary workers that used to be full time positions .

    Getting and working a real job or building a company that gets me rich but need lots of employees in the USA not my path to happiness give me something that keeps me busy provides my preferred lifestyle and supports my peace of mind or peaceful mind .
    Signature

    "I just wanted a good job ,but i could not find a good job, So i do it myself"-Jack Ma

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11099804].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
      Originally Posted by Odahh View Post

      i have much less kind observations ..there are many reasons companies in the USA ..us workers outside of the country.. well beyond just cost . And many will be replaced by ai and automation in the next 15-20 years

      i will do a really not so nice list the order is random

      1 the can't stay off the F*&(*(g cellphone or go a minute without texting someone

      .
      Yes, and the ones that cannot walk a straight line without staring and pressing buttons on their F&* Smart Phones.

      In a civilized country we would snatch them away and slap them, or at least ban them from shopping centres.

      Signature
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11100064].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Odahh
        Originally Posted by tagiscom View Post

        Yes, and the ones that cannot walk a straight line without staring and pressing buttons on their F&* Smart Phones.

        In a civilized country we would snatch them away and slap them, or at least ban them from shopping centres.

        we here on this planet have no idea what civilization really is ..we assume alien culture have our same dysfunctions and that the natural course is destroying the biome of the world a civilization comes from.. then going out into the stars to rape and pillage resources ..from less advanced societies.. the same way so called more advanced societies do on this planet ..

        the number one reason i believe there is intelligent life out there that knows about us..is because they are not dumb enough to tell us they are there
        Signature

        "I just wanted a good job ,but i could not find a good job, So i do it myself"-Jack Ma

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11100142].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
          Originally Posted by Odahh View Post

          we here on this planet have no idea what civilization really is ..we assume alien culture have our same dysfunctions and that the natural course is destroying the biome of the world a civilization comes from.. then going out into the stars to rape and pillage resources ..from less advanced societies.. the same way so called more advanced societies do on this planet ..

          the number one reason i believe there is intelligent life out there that knows about us..is because they are not dumb enough to tell us they are there
          Oh, no, we know about them, but NASA and the military aren't saying anything!

          Signature
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11100567].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Odahh
            Originally Posted by tagiscom View Post

            Oh, no, we know about them, but NASA and the military aren't saying anything!

            If you need the government, or NASA to confirm there are Aliens that are able to visit the earth ..you are not ready to know .

            the same way if you need them to show up in front of you and land a ship on your front lawn.. not ready ..

            It's the worst Kept secret ever .
            Signature

            "I just wanted a good job ,but i could not find a good job, So i do it myself"-Jack Ma

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11100690].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author yukon
              Banned
              Originally Posted by Odahh View Post

              If you need the government, or NASA to confirm there are Aliens that are able to visit the earth ..you are not ready to know .

              the same way if you need them to show up in front of you and land a ship on your front lawn.. not ready ..

              It's the worst Kept secret ever .



              He can't handle the truth.








              Signature
              Hi
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11100701].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Odahh
                Originally Posted by yukon View Post

                haha ..truth is subjective not definite truth 20 years ago .. Was eggs,Cholesterol, fat and salt are bad for you ..and diet soda was good to drink and helped you not gain weight ..
                Signature

                "I just wanted a good job ,but i could not find a good job, So i do it myself"-Jack Ma

                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11100730].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author hardraysnight
    i generally only employ manual practical people so dont have these problems

    usually the main topic of conversation is the last weekend and the next weekend

    keep life simple
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11099915].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    Since you don't seem to like anyone you've worked with - guess you better focus on internet marketing so you can work by yourself.
    Signature
    Every child needs a pet because every family needs an optimist

    Saving one dog will not save the world....but will forever change the world for one dog.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11099919].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11099975].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mge
    I'm familiar with employee number 3. When I first started working I noticed some of the veteran workers would call in sick whenever possible.They would actually run out of sick leave half way through the year.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11187419].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Odahh
      Originally Posted by mge View Post

      I'm familiar with employee number 3. When I first started working I noticed some of the veteran workers would call in sick whenever possible.They would actually run out of sick leave half way through the year.
      did you work in retail where the busiest time is the last three months of the year when you get the most hours abd treats if you get sick ..haha
      Signature

      "I just wanted a good job ,but i could not find a good job, So i do it myself"-Jack Ma

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11187425].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author hardraysnight
      Originally Posted by mge View Post

      I'm familiar with employee number 3. When I first started working I noticed some of the veteran workers would call in sick whenever possible.They would actually run out of sick leave half way through the year.
      easily solved
      give older people more sick leave
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11188094].message }}
  • I am a wan-woman show.

    Quit tryin' to bust me outta my intrinsically squirtlicious singularitya DIRECTION with weirdsy speculation bout NON-EXISTENT OTHER BEINGS.
    Signature

    Lightin' fuses is for blowin' stuff together.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11188491].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics