What time do you wake up in the morning?

87 replies
Hi Warriors!

I'm doing this because I want to change my sleeping patterns, and the reason for this is because I feel drowsy during the day and perhaps waking up earlier may help me become a little bit more productive. I'm curious to know what other people's mornings are like and this might also help others too from learning from your experiences. I currently wake up at 9:00 AM everyday.

If you can, please contribute to this random survey.

1) What time do you wake up in the morning everyday?

2) How many hours of sleep do you get in a day?

3) Do you have trouble waking up at this time?

4) Would you say you are more productive by doing this? If so, why?

5) Do you get a lot more energy throughout the day because of this action?

List the feelings you feel when waking up at this time*.

Thanks!

*Optional
#morning #time #wake
  • Profile picture of the author pioneer
    Ha ha Cool question really. Okay i am telling about me but i am not perfect for your forum. I have no schedule for my daily life. I sometimes wake up early in the morning sometimes too late. Sometimes sleep day time sometimes not. Sorry for not helping u... lol
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1242813].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tristan Lee
    Hey no problem. Sometimes we don't have consistent schedules with our life and that's okay too.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1242821].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zuluranger
    I always wake up at 5am everyday. This is the best time for me to work without any interruption from my kids. Anyway, I feel that early morning is the best productive period for me. I get more things done than in the afternoon.

    I sleep about 6hrs. I think 8hrs should be sufficient. I will try to catch up some sleep during the weekends.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1242863].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author BiancaRaven
      I tend to stay awake until around 2am most nights/mornings because the majority of my clients are in the US and I'm in a time zone around 14/15 hours ahead of them. The only way I can often catch them is to stay awake until it's morning for them.

      By the time I get a decent 8 hours sleep, it's usually a little after 10am. This works for me just fine - but I guess it's about what you get used to over time.

      Bianca
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1242883].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DavidJohnny
    Interesting post!

    I sleep from about 11:30 PM to 5:00 AM, and catch up some on weekends.

    Sleep is a very individual thing. You should go to a sleep disorder specialist and talk to them if you are having issues. (Or just try different things and see what works.)
    Signature
    Have you discovered the power of review sites? Use this tool to automate building sites with 1-10 reviews on them. Automate your review site building!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1242903].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author lanta99
    1) What time do you wake up in the morning everyday?

    Around 6:30 A.M. (What job do you have which allows your to wake up so late? I am jealous...)

    2) How many hours of sleep do you get in a day?

    In the day as in daytime? About 1 hour. If you're talking about actual sleeping then I get around 7 hours of sleep in a 24 hour day.

    3) Do you have trouble waking up at this time?

    Not really, as I have gotten used to it.

    4) Would you say you are more productive by doing this? If so, why?

    Nothing much, my current schedule demands it from me.

    5) Do you get a lot more energy throughout the day because of action?

    Not sure, although I have never felt drowsy in the day before.
    Signature
    --Live SEO Challenge--
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1242917].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ishan
    1. 5:00 AM
    2. 6
    3. No, It's a habit now!
    4. Well, yes! Morning hours are very productive for me and I can utilize them fully by waking up at this time!
    5. Yes!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1242924].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cconlan
      I sometimes end up getting most work done in the late hours of the night/ early hours of the morning when most people would be sleeping. The downside is I end up sleeping in til around 11am on average. Never been a morning person as such though.

      I remember seeing a documentary about the human body clock it was pretty interesting. Talking about the different times of day are good for different types of activities. For example, early morning is meant to be bad for exercise as that is when your blood pressure is highest and when you are more likely to have a heart attack :s

      They are starting to use the human body clock studies to treat cancer more efficiently as well. The French have started this and they have seen promising results.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1242948].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author lianwei
        Man.. I can't even remember when do I sleep? lol..
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1243294].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author overstreet1983
        Originally Posted by cconlan View Post

        I sometimes end up getting most work done in the late hours of the night/ early hours of the morning when most people would be sleeping. The downside is I end up sleeping in til around 11am on average. Never been a morning person as such though.

        I remember seeing a documentary about the human body clock it was pretty interesting. Talking about the different times of day are good for different types of activities. For example, early morning is meant to be bad for exercise as that is when your blood pressure is highest and when you are more likely to have a heart attack :s

        They are starting to use the human body clock studies to treat cancer more efficiently as well. The French have started this and they have seen promising results.
        Actually, I've heard a lot about this as well ... this is the reason you SHOULD NOT wake up before 7:30am ... stress hormones are also at their highest supposedly. Also, people who stay up late at night, 1am to 4am ... it tends to be better for creativity.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1243715].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tristan Lee
    It's about 3:00 AM right now and I asked all you guys questions without putting the answers to my own! So here is it...

    1) 9:00 AM

    2) Well, if I go to sleep now about 6... I usually get about 8 though.

    3) I have a lot of trouble waking up. I usually sit on the side of my bed with my face burrowed in my palms for a couple of minutes before I go brush my teeth.

    4) I don't get work done in the morning, but save my work until evening and night so from my perspective, no I'm not as productive in the morning.

    5) Waking up at this time, I still feel tired at random moments during the day.

    *Want to go back to bed.

    P.S. A lot more people wake up at 5:00 AM than I thought!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1243507].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cnwoods
      I have a job where the commute means I'm up by 5am most days, and on an early shift have to get up at 3. I ended up doing a 30 day trial of getting up early every day (to fit my online stuff in before I left), and the conclusions I reached at the end are in my summary post
      at crystalsquest.com/day-42-of-my-30-day-trial-d/

      In a nutshell, there are a lot of advantages to it, and there are ways to make it easier to wake yourself up - I've listed those. It's about creating a new habit - hard to start with, but the more you stick with it, the easier it gets.

      A dawn simulator alarm clock helps an incredible lot as well ;-) Those things are all but impossible to sleep through!!!

      Crystal
      Signature

      Crystal
      http://crystalsquest.com
      Self Esteem Creates Success

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1243728].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author overstreet1983
    1) What time do you wake up in the morning everyday? About 8:30am

    2) How many hours of sleep do you get in a day? At least 8 hours.

    3) Do you have trouble waking up at this time? Nope

    4) Would you say you are more productive by doing this? If so, why? Actually, I feel more productive around 8pm to 1am at night ... I get up early to get a jump on ecommerce orders and the stock market for potential swing trading.

    5) Do you get a lot more energy throughout the day because of this action? I feel I have more energy if I get up between 8am and 9am, a nice breakfast, coffee and multi-vitamins seem to help with energy.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1243714].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ralf Skirr
    1) What time do you wake up in the morning everyday?
    Between 10 and 11am.

    2) How many hours of sleep do you get in a day?
    6-7

    3) Do you have trouble waking up at this time?
    nope

    4) Would you say you are more productive by doing this? If so, why?
    Yes, I'm a night person.

    5) Do you get a lot more energy throughout the day because of this action?
    Hm, I'm not sure if I would call conveniently waking up at 10:30 'action'.


    Ralf
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1243834].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author achivement84
      Hey,

      I like your questions , well

      1- I wake up at 7:30Am
      2-Complete 8 hrs , i cant sleep less than that.
      3-No, i dont have , even i wake up without my alarm o`clock
      4-Yes , i belive the morning hrs is the main working hrs on the day , may be that give me some extra energy at that time.
      5-Yes

      Just i feel as active and alert.

      Thanks,,
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1244862].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jack Chua
    I wake up around 6 am so that I could start my day early and be productive. I make sure to have slept 8 hours so as to have more energy the next day. If I oversleep I have the tendency of getting dizzy.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1245254].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author cconlan
      Anyone else find there is never enough hours in a day? As you get older time seems to go faster. I guess its all relevant. If your a baby and you have only lived a week then a day is along time to you but if you 110 a day must seem like nothing as you have experienced soo many.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1245800].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ASCW
    1) What time do you wake up in the morning everyday?
    11:30 am - 12:30 pm
    2) How many hours of sleep do you get in a day?
    8-10

    3) Do you have trouble waking up at this time?
    Not usually

    4) Would you say you are more productive by doing this? If so, why?
    Yes because I can utilize the night time, where I am more productive. I'm most productive between 10:30 PM and 2:30 AM.

    5) Do you get a lot more energy throughout the day because of this action?
    No?
    Signature

    Site being revamped.

    If you want help with copy stuff, pm me.

    Cool.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1246167].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tristan Lee
    I said "morning" Cecille.... haha just kidding. It's crazy how you wake up at 10 PM!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1247791].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jennifermL
    Me? hmm, I usually wake up 6-7 AM to take a bath then go to work!!! I just take my Breakfast in the office... bad habit but maybe I could change...
    Signature
    Watch and learn
    ALL Watches
    Watches are Here
    MY Watches
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1247901].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author The Artful Surfer
    wake up at 6:45, check the surf, if no waves go to the internet cafe and do work. Work till 11 or so, then get a coffee and read, then do a bit more work. Bed by 11:30 at the latest. That changes if I stay out late or something.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1248018].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author secretjustin
    1) Wake up about 10-11am

    2) Probably about 8 easily sometimes more sometimes less.

    3) I wake up when my body tells me to

    4) I'm more productive around 10pm-3am

    5) Nope, during the day I'm like a lion lounging around in the shade.
    Signature
    What?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1248052].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author designfuschion
    HAHA,i'm writing this at 1.19am. I really gotta stop forum posting around this time. My thoughts can sometimes get muddled around about now lol.

    1) What time do you wake up in the morning everyday?
    anywhere between 10am and 10.45am. Been like this for about a year now. If i have to get up at 7am for something,then i go to bed earlier.
    I'll go to bed anywhere between midnight and my latest is 3am. I try to get to bed at 2am. I think it's affecting my productivity in all areas. I live at home still,and since mum had her almost breakdown,she hasn't been same and just doesn't stop yacking to me. (talking) she is a shiftworker(cleaner) and usually wakes up couple hours after i goto bed and she has a cat nap from around 10.30am. Adelaide just started daylight savings again so i'm trying to bring my bodyclock back to waking up earlier so when DST stops i'll be used to getting up at around 8.30 or 9.30am (i'm too confused)

    2) How many hours of sleep do you get in a day?
    i need at least 8hours. I love sleep. lol. I want more..
    3) Do you have trouble waking up at this time?
    I hate sleeping past midday. I'll roll outta bed no later than 10.45 no matter how little sleep i got. LOL. I cannot however get up earlier than 7am. but then that's about 20years worth of getting up at 7am.(school and post school)
    4) Would you say you are more productive by doing this? If so, why?
    No i'm not. I get about 3hours of absolute peace midday and whatever i get after everyone gets to bed.
    5) Do you get a lot more energy throughout the day because of this action?
    I probably would achieve heaps if i got up at 9am.

    List the feelings you feel when waking up at this time*.
    guilt. tiredness. stress for one reason or another. thoughts of what i plan to do. then i grab a coffee turn laptop on,log in here..and next thing i know its time to get mum up..my peace time is gone..etc..

    Now i feel superlazy,after seeing so many here waking up really early. (I am trying hard now to get things done. too many goals i want to achieve)
    Signature

    Wordpress Install service. PM me for rates and packages or what you need and we can work something out.


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1248366].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author babellou1010
    I usually wake up on weekdays around 6 and on weekends at 8. The only thing that disturbs my sleep patterns is when I receive email alerts to my phone concerning my website babellou.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1249120].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tristan Lee
    That's pretty crazy a schedule designfuschion. I thought it was hilarious when you listed your feelings of:

    "guilt. tiredness. stress for one reason or another. thoughts of what i plan to do. then i grab a coffee turn laptop on,log in here..and next thing i know its time to get mum up..my peace time is gone..etc.."

    It must be pretty tough having to live with a mom that has just gone through a mental breakdown and even harder to get some peace and quiet. Thanks for sharing this and hang in there buddy!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1258160].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mattlaclear
    Very interesting little survey you have popping here.

    1. I usually wake up between 10 - 11 AM every day.
    2. I get around 6 hours of sleep a day.
    3. I wake up whenever I'm done sleeping. Usually have no commitments to honor that would require me waking up before that.
    4. My most productive hours are between 12 AM and 3 AM so the answer is ...yes.
    5. I'm a bit groggy during the day but I cure this by taking a couple impromptu naps when the need arises!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1258191].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Andrew O
    This is by far the best resource on changing your sleep patterns and waking up earlier.

    How to Become an Early Riser

    I have used this strategy and it works extremely well. For me, building the habit of waking up early (as early as 4:30 am) has really changed my life. I have 10x more energy and I'm so much more productive. People that sleep until 7, 8, 9am just can't compete with someone up at 4:30. If you're able to make this kind of change in your life, you won't be sorry!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1370735].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author adamchandler
    Hi Tristan,

    For me i go to bed around midnight and wake up about 8 am. I think 8 hours is solid but I don't think its as much about the amount of sleep you get as much as its about sleep patterns. I know people who have trained themselves to only need 4 hours of sleep per night. I think going to bed and waking up at the same time (roughly) every day is important.

    I hope that helps you.. Good luck!

    -Adam
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1370770].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Arizona
    I usually get up between 5 and 5:30 every morning. This all depends on whether or not I either work out on my elliptical or go for a walk, which is usually about 4 out of the 5 work days. (I still have a JOB but I am working on changing that; believe me!)

    I find that it helps me to go to bed at the same time whether I do not have to get up and go to my JOB or not. I tend not to feel as tired if I keep the same sleep schedule. I have heard from health professionals that it is not good to drastically change your sleep schedule throughout the week as it really does make you feel more tired.

    I also feel as if I can get a lot more done if I get up early on the weekend as well, and I usually do!

    I usually get between 7.5 to 8 hours of sleep and I go to bed around 9 or 9:30 PM. Anything less than that is detrimental to my productivity! I am so much more productive when I am well rested.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1372056].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author bryansmith
      Everyday i wake up by 5.45 it doent matter the time i slpet. Whatever the time i sleep i wake by that time only. I got used to it, it helps me a lot in productive of my work.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1373083].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author llamafier
        I really have no sense of a schedule at all, besides being awake at the time of school. I wish I did though. My problem is that I can't fall asleep unless I'm really, really tired. Then I end up sleeping longer. :/
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1377082].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author drwhogoesthere
    Originally Posted by Tristan Lee View Post

    Hi Warriors!

    I'm doing this because I want to change my sleeping patterns, and the reason for this is because I feel drowsy during the day and perhaps waking up earlier may help me become a little bit more productive. I'm curious to know what other people's mornings are like and this might also help others too from learning from your experiences. I currently wake up at 9:00 AM everyday.

    If you can, please contribute to this random survey.

    1) What time do you wake up in the morning everyday?

    2) How many hours of sleep do you get in a day?

    3) Do you have trouble waking up at this time?

    4) Would you say you are more productive by doing this? If so, why?

    5) Do you get a lot more energy throughout the day because of this action?

    List the feelings you feel when waking up at this time*.

    Thanks!

    *Optional
    1. I get up at 6 am. This is unusual for me as I work better of a night. However, as I still work and want to spend time with my partner of an afternoon I find this the best time to fit things in.

    2. I get anywhere between 41/2 to 7 hours and it is not enough. Come the weekend I look forward to my sleep ins.

    3. I dont have trouble but I can be a little groggy for the first 15 minutes.

    4. I am more productive as I can work without interuptions for an hour and a half. If I work of an night I get nagged at.

    5. Energy levels are pretty much the same.

    Feeling?
    Happy, motivated, positive, confident, successful, committed,
    Signature



    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1378190].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KanameMedia
    1) What time do you wake up in the morning everyday? - I get up at around 9

    2) How many hours of sleep do you get in a day? - about 4

    3) Do you have trouble waking up at this time? - no, but it usually takes around an hour for my senses to return

    4) Would you say you are more productive by doing this? If so, why? - no, I was a lot more productive with my old sleep routine of 12-6

    5) Do you get a lot more energy throughout the day because of this action? - I haven't felt any difference in that.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1379761].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author steveblum
    Truthfully, during the work week just enough time for the 3 S's, then off to work.

    On the weekends, whenever the kids wake me up, which is usually earlier than I would like.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1379772].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author steveniam
    Normally I sleep around 2230 - 2300 hrs and wake up between 0545 hrs - 0600 hours.

    (1) Start doing warming-up exercises for 30 minutes and then drink about 0.60 liter of water.
    (2) Jog for 30 minutes follow by cooling down exercises of about 30 minutes. Drink another 1.6 liter of water
    (3) Buy the daily newspaper and finished reading about 08.15 hours
    (4) After 0830 hours it's time to start to do the necessary work to make a living.

    I am motivated to wake up and do the exercises as I am 'inflicted' with constipation and I need to do the exercises and drink the water to overcome it.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1379822].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Rick Johansson
      I wake up at around 5 am. I used to be a nightowl but there's something about waking up before everyone else...feels like you get a "head start" and the day goes better.

      Rick
      Signature
      Rick Johansson M.S: "Expert Of Earning HONEST Long-Term Internet Income"

      Are You Committing The 5 STUPID Mistakes That Could Be ROBBING You From Earning LONG-Term Internet Income? Click Here To Find Out!.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1383329].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zahra
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1383475].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author THY
    I try to sleep as early as possible and wake up fresh in the morning for work. I don't like getting myself to do my job when I'm tired or lack of sleep. 7am is the time I wake up and on weekends, 9am is the latest.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1383776].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author free2rock
    I wake up at 12:01 in the morning. I found it better for me to work at night, through the whole night and going to bed at 10am. I'm not crazy, it just works better for me, I can concentrate more on completing difficult task when it's more quiet. I can't work that well in the morning

    My best perfomance is around 2-3 am where I think my energy boost up at the top.

    I usually start my day at 5 pm and work the whole night.

    Just find out whatever works best for you can Just do it.

    Don't be lazy.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1383784].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tristan Lee
      Originally Posted by free2rock View Post

      I wake up at 12:01 in the morning. I found it better for me to work at night, through the whole night and going to bed at 10am. I'm not crazy, it just works better for me, I can concentrate more on completing difficult task when it's more quiet. I can't work that well in the morning

      My best perfomance is around 2-3 am where I think my energy boost up at the top.

      I usually start my day at 5 pm and work the whole night.

      Just find out whatever works best for you can Just do it.

      Don't be lazy.
      This is an interesting schedule as I agree it an be very noisy during the day and night, it's the times when everyone is asleep is the time when it's most peaceful and quiet.

      But I was a little confused here. You say you wake up at 12:01 AM but you start you're day at 5 PM?

      Anyway, thanks for this tip!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1389785].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ktmurf
        Through the week, I go to bed between midnight and 1am. I wake up at 6am. Weekends, I am "off" from my day job so it's a whenever, wherever type thing.

        I find that I'm pretty productive, though some days I'm more tired than others if I had trouble sleeping the night before. I can survive on 5 hours sleep if it's uninterupted.

        As far as productivity within my own ventures. That's why I stay up as late as I do. My g/f and our dog usually crash around 9:30p so from then until 12a or 1a is when I get the majority of my own work done heh.
        Signature

        Kevin Murphy,
        http://www.murphyhypnotherapy.com - Carefully scripted and recorded hypnotherapy sessions. Stress Management, Relaxation and Confidence, Smoking Cessation and Weight Control.
        www.twitter.com/murphyhypno
        http://www.murphycabs.com - Custom, hardwood guitar extension speaker cabinets.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1390828].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author ctutt
        I sleep and wake whenever I feel like it. I eat and drink the same way. I have sex, engage friends, have social contact the same way. I follow the natural rhythms of my mind and body. That's what works best for me.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1390880].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Peter.Anthony
          Originally Posted by ctutt View Post

          I sleep and wake whenever I feel like it. I eat and drink the same way. I have sex, engage friends, have social contact the same way. I follow the natural rhythms of my mind and body. That's what works best for me.
          You don't have small children at home, do you? I could only wish for such a schedule.
          Signature

          Great eBooks at a great price! Email me for a quote or work samples. peter@bridge-city-marketing.com

          Peter Anthony

          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1439198].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author thmgoodw
        I generally go to bed at 3-4am and wakeup at 11am.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1416881].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mark z
    I like to get up early.
    Personally, I think you have more time to achieve your goals if you build your habit of waking up early.

    So, here are answers to your survey:

    1) 7AM
    2) 7-9hrs
    3) Not any more.
    4) Definitely yes.
    5) Not sure about getting more energy, but I certainly have more time to spend that energy wisely.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1384048].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sloth456
    Good question.

    I sleep pretty much 12 hours a night/morning on average. I love this amount of sleep, I never get ill, I don't have to wake up unnaturally feeling awful, I am hugely relaxed and stress free most of the time.

    Does this help with productivity? Not if I wanted to do more than 12 hours work in a day, but I still have 12 hours to work on projects which is plenty of time.

    I don't think sleeping patterns do much to effect productivity unless you're getting far too little in which case you always feel on edge and less able to think properly (which is required for programming, which is what I do).

    I think it's more to do with just feeling 'ready'. I don't really force myself to work I only do it when the urge strikes me or if I've promised myself to do some.

    My work pattern seems to go in cycles, I have 1 week where I'm feeling the need to get on in which case I usally do about 2 hours from 10am to 12am, take a 2 hour break which could include cycling or drinking then spend another hour afterwards working. After that week I usually get fed up and spend 2 weeks willing myself to do more but just not getting anything done, then I go again.

    I don't think we were really designed to work hard mentally, physically isn't such a big deal, but sitting at a computer programming is highly monotenous and requires either plenty of breaks in between or a highly trained mind. I for one know which I prefer.

    Either way I never beat myself up about not doing work, it just happens, I think when we're not working we're just rebelling and showing our true selves, we're not mindless slaves to capitialism you know

    Sometimes I change my sleep pattern because I think I need to, I end up doing the work, but in hindsight its more because I've decided I'm definately going to work and making a change in sleeping pattern reinforces my personal promise, I feel like I'm taking action and spur myself on.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1384370].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Coach Ramy
    1) What time do you wake up in the morning everyday?
    7 a.m

    2) How many hours of sleep do you get in a day?
    8 hours
    3) Do you have trouble waking up at this time?
    not on most days
    4) Would you say you are more productive by doing this? If so, why?
    Going to the gym...exercise is the best thing you can do to feel energized
    5) Do you get a lot more energy throughout the day because of this action?
    Definitely do
    List the feelings you feel when waking up at this time*.
    Ummm...gotta wash my face, brush my teeth, and gotta run to my laptop to do this thing i've been dreaming about all night

    Thanks!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1388367].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author anu_smart
      i used to have a perfect 10hrs sleep a day untill i came into online business!!

      since my clients are from the US, i need to catch up with them and now sleep has become so precious that i cannot have it any time
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1426656].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author glchandler
    i get up at 6.30! sharp
    I, also, am usually out of bed around 6:30----but rarely am I "sharp"!

    Normal sleeping/waking habits are difficult for me to manage due to a few physical ailments that have crept up on me over the years. However, many times when the twinges of "ouch" convince me to get out of bed around 1 or 2 A.M. I find that I am able to complete more tasks---and to a better quality--than when the house is awake and buzzing with activity.

    At these times the music, the t.v. and the dogs are left out of the equation and my accomplishments seem a bit more polished!
    Signature

    There is never a BAD time to help those living with lousy kidneys!
    http://funds.gofundme.com/1oh40


    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1390772].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ctutt
    I get the impression that you're having some personal and very troubling problems. May I suggest that you login to Goodlife Zen and download Mary's free ebook, 'Overcome Anything'.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1390869].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author eddane
    7:30am, sometimes 8:00am

    Except at the weekends!

    Ed
    Signature

    Grants of Cornwall are Gold Buyers who buy Scrap Gold at fanatastic prices!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1390915].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author harlem
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1396594].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tristan Lee
      Originally Posted by harlem View Post

      I sleep 4 hours/day during my short night, then I sleep short time periods during the day...The rest I work non-stop to find loopholes and tactics to reach my goal !
      What an awfull life, ahah
      Wow, you have a crazy schedule. Hey, whatever it takes to keep you determined man.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1398912].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author nota-bene
    6am ... no alarm clock needed!
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1398955].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Thai
    1) What time do you wake up in the morning everyday? about 630 am

    2) How many hours of sleep do you get in a day? about 7

    3) Do you have trouble waking up at this time? yes

    4) Would you say you are more productive by doing this? If so, why? no, feel tired

    5) Do you get a lot more energy throughout the day because of this action? sometimes
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1401375].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author StannyM
    Originally Posted by Tristan Lee View Post


    1) What time do you wake up in the morning everyday?

    2) How many hours of sleep do you get in a day?

    3) Do you have trouble waking up at this time?

    4) Would you say you are more productive by doing this? If so, why?

    5) Do you get a lot more energy throughout the day because of this action?
    1. I'm not wake up in the morning, because I go to bed at 6 in the morning.

    2. I sleep almost along day.

    3. I think already answered

    4. I have no idea to be more productive than current state, as I work almost 15 hours a day in front of my computer.

    5. I'm regenerating my energy along the day, and use it at night.

    I'm sorry buddy for the odd answers... but that's what I did. I need to squeeze all my blood along night too keep alive... at least until I reach any success in Internet Marketing in any near future (or maybe never)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1410474].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tristan Lee
      Originally Posted by StannyM View Post

      1. I'm not wake up in the morning, because I go to bed at 6 in the morning.

      2. I sleep almost along day.

      3. I think already answered

      4. I have no idea to be more productive than current state, as I work almost 15 hours a day in front of my computer.

      5. I'm regenerating my energy along the day, and use it at night.

      I'm sorry buddy for the odd answers... but that's what I did. I need to squeeze all my blood along night too keep alive... at least until I reach any success in Internet Marketing in any near future (or maybe never)
      You don't have to apologize. People have different sleeping schedules! Whatever works for you, works for you. Plus, you don't have to put yourself down like that. Believe that you will have success in the future, and you will.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1414357].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author markfoo76
    So far, I don't have a fixed schedule. But I'd usually go to bed late, say 3 or 4am and sometimes I can wake up at 7.30am and sometimes 10.30am. If I go to bed later than 4am, I might even wake up past noon.

    Cheers~

    Mark
    Signature

    Ever Wondered What It Takes to be Highly Successful? You Can Find the Answers in The 77 Traits of Highly Successful People. Grab Your FREE Copy of the eBook Now at http://www.77SuccessTraits.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1416625].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author pummy
    6 am
    7 hours
    no
    yes
    normal not more
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1416861].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Peter.Anthony
    Awesome post!

    1) What time do you wake up in the morning everyday?

    Between 8-9am

    2) How many hours of sleep do you get in a day?

    almost always 9

    3) Do you have trouble waking up at this time?

    always have to force myself out of bed

    4) Would you say you are more productive by doing this? If so, why?

    not really, but if I didn't force myself out of bed I would be up at noon.

    5) Do you get a lot more energy throughout the day because of this action?

    no
    Signature

    Great eBooks at a great price! Email me for a quote or work samples. peter@bridge-city-marketing.com

    Peter Anthony

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1416941].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Agnes Lyle
    I sleep 4 - 5 hours a night. Waking up time is variable, but generally between 5 and 6 o'clock. Tristan, it's not really helpful to know what other people do, because each person's sleep needs are different. But if you feel you sleep too much, one thing that helps is making sure that you are relaxed and calm before you go to sleep. Do a little stretching or yoga or whatever you like to get yourself physically relaxed. Do acupressure on your face and in particular round your eyes and on your nose - the relaxation goes right through the whole body. Do a little deep breathing, yoga style or whatever, to get the diaphragm relaxed. And once you are in bed, go over the day mentally and see if anything is bothering you. Think how it could be better, forgive other people, and yourself too. All this doesn't take much time and makes a big difference to the quality of sleep, which is more important than quantity.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1426510].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Tristan Lee
      Originally Posted by Agnes Lyle View Post

      I sleep 4 - 5 hours a night. Waking up time is variable, but generally between 5 and 6 o'clock. Tristan, it's not really helpful to know what other people do, because each person's sleep needs are different. But if you feel you sleep too much, one thing that helps is making sure that you are relaxed and calm before you go to sleep. Do a little stretching or yoga or whatever you like to get yourself physically relaxed. Do acupressure on your face and in particular round your eyes and on your nose - the relaxation goes right through the whole body. Do a little deep breathing, yoga style or whatever, to get the diaphragm relaxed. And once you are in bed, go over the day mentally and see if anything is bothering you. Think how it could be better, forgive other people, and yourself too. All this doesn't take much time and makes a big difference to the quality of sleep, which is more important than quantity.
      Hey Anges. I admire your ability to sleep with only 4 or 5 hours a night. Thanks for giving me these tips on sleeping and relaxation. I will try them out!
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1436532].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author areevez
    no later than 9 am
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1426533].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SamanthaHall
    Now a days, i am being woke up at 10am actually as i sleep late in the night. I sleep about 6 hours a day. When i woke up early in the morning around 7 am then i will be more active on those day. I believe that if we wake up early in the morning, we will be more active on the whole day.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1433340].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Yoshi1
    We start at 10am. I actually prefer to work late at night then I get more work done.
    Signature
    Get Awesome Links To Improve Your Rankings​: Invalley.com
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1435194].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Maddi
    It may not be directly related to your question but I just couldn't resist to ask it here.

    How many of you turn your pc/laptop on before you have even properly opened your eyes or brush ur teeth or somthing?

    U know have you got this thing in you where the first thing/activity that comes to your mind as soon as you wake up is turn the computer on/ see the screen ? (for whatever reason)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1435297].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author RJ.Moff
    about 7am
    I wake up just before my alarm
    i get around 8 hours sleep
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1436750].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author priyatham
    Between 5.30 and 6.00 am.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1438909].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author cg101
    Answers to the questions are below.

    Originally Posted by Tristan Lee View Post

    Hi Warriors!

    I'm doing this because I want to change my sleeping patterns, and the reason for this is because I feel drowsy during the day and perhaps waking up earlier may help me become a little bit more productive. I'm curious to know what other people's mornings are like and this might also help others too from learning from your experiences. I currently wake up at 9:00 AM everyday.

    If you can, please contribute to this random survey.

    1) What time do you wake up in the morning everyday? around 5 to 6am

    2) How many hours of sleep do you get in a day? roughly 4.5

    3) Do you have trouble waking up at this time? not really as long as I get to bed consistently around the same time

    4) Would you say you are more productive by doing this? If so, why? not sure I haven't really done a study to see how it would compare to if I changed the pattern I have established so far.

    5) Do you get a lot more energy throughout the day because of this action? Not sure here either.. goes back to the response left in the last question.

    List the feelings you feel when waking up at this time*. Tired but a shower helps me get going.

    Thanks!

    *Optional
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1439117].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author MadameBusiness
    Wow - everyone is so lucky that gets up later than 6am!
    I get up at 4.50 every morning to IM - then get ready for my day job and go.
    I have no idea how many hours I get of sleep - I usually go to bed at 10.30pm.
    I don't usually have trouble waking - but it depends how busy I was the day before. Sometimes I have to hit the snooze button!
    I am more productive because I have dedicated IM time in the morning.
    I don't know if I am more energized - its just what I gotta do!
    List the feelings - probably just tired!!


    __________________________________________________ _________
    Signature
    Clare

    Business Academy Online - IM Education and Online Marketing Project Management - Easy
    The Webonaire - Affiliate Marketing Made Profitable
    Recommended Opportunities
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1439184].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author johngil
    I had the same problem, it did not matter when i went to sleep or woke up, i was tired all the time and did not feet productived. The solution for me was to see a sleep specialist, he recommended a cpap machine and am now much more rested, not drowsy at all. Plus, i'm much more creative and have more energy than before.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1443471].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author eslucky
    OK, here we go. My answers are below, after the question.

    1) What time do you wake up in the morning everyday? When the sun shines bright. I sleep with the windows and curtains open (thank goodness nothing is behind our house). When the sun starts shining in brightly it wakes me up...around 7 or 8am now.

    2) How many hours of sleep do you get in a day? around 6 or 7

    3) Do you have trouble waking up at this time? no, pretty used to it now.

    4) Would you say you are more productive by doing this? I don't even think about being productive till I'm up for a couple hours and had plenty of coffee. I'll do a little bit on the computer but don't like to talk to anyone right away.

    5) Do you get a lot more energy throughout the day because of this action? Feel pretty good all day, don't ever even think about taking a nap.
    Signature

    Elizabeth Crane

    “If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” ~ Mario Andretti

    Web Designers Las Vegas

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1443676].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wonderkidalex
    Usually around 9-9:30. Gotta get a good start on my internet marketing!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1443774].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author eklektos
    1) What time do you wake up in the morning everyday?
    5:00am

    2) How many hours of sleep do you get in a day?
    Anywhere between 3-8 hours sleep

    3) Do you have trouble waking up at this time?
    If I have been pushing it (several 3 hour sleep nights) yes

    4) Would you say you are more productive by doing this? If so, why?
    If you wake up and you feel like more sleep (you cannot get up) then rest, you still need it. Secondly if you have woken up like that go to bed early the next night, it will help.

    5) Do you get a lot more energy throughout the day because of this action?
    I get energy from what I feed myself. Rest is good for your body to repair itself, so if you push it it will need more. Make sure your diet is good, full of unprocessed food, fruit and vegetables. and avoid caffeine and sugar

    List the feelings you feel when waking up at this time*.
    If I have had proper rest I wake up with vigour to face the day.
    If I have been pushing it too much then I need a couple more hours.

    By pushing it I mean running with little rest for a long duration (ie 3-4 hours sleep for a week)
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1444199].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author liuyanqin
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1444339].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author gross100
      1) What time do you wake up in the morning everyday?
      7:00 am

      2) How many hours of sleep do you get in a day?
      Anywhere between 5 and 9 hours sleep

      3) Do you have trouble waking up at this time?
      None usually - barring a 2 hour sleep night

      4) Would you say you are more productive by doing this? If so, why?
      The most important part of my day comes in the morning. At 7:00 am every morning, no matter what, I do 1 full hour of Internet Marketing/Programming work. I take a Multi-Vitamin, Zinc pill, and Omega-3's in the morning which I find help me throughout the day. (Tested against not taking these of course) At 8:00 I go to the gym to do a 45 minute workout, I jump in the shower and get to work by 9:00. I find that the gym energizes me for the rest of the day.

      5) Do you get a lot more energy throughout the day because of this action?
      I get energy from my morning activities, but the extra sleep helps.

      List the feelings you feel when waking up at this time*.
      I am always ready to face any challenge on any given day
      Signature

      ** The Gross Life??? ** http://www.TheGrossLife.com

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1444544].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tristan Lee
    Hey guys, thanks for everybody's replies so far. I was surprised to see how of you guys put down that you only get only sleep 5 to 6 hours of sleep a night on average.

    Although I have been waking up earlier due to jet lag (now I wake up at 7:00 AM), I still sleep about 8 to 10 hours a day in order for me to wake up to fully wake up.

    How do you guys manage to get so few hours of sleep a night? Is there a certain method you guys use for waking up without wanting to go back to sleep?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1452401].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author jakearms3
    1) I get up at 5am
    2) I generally sleep 7.5 hours
    3) Not really as I have done this for years
    I am very productive at this time and get lots done.
    Signature

    The Journey of 10,000 miles starts with the first step.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7257065].message }}
  • 1) What time do you wake up in the morning everyday? around 9-10pm

    2) How many hours of sleep do you get in a day? 7-8hrs

    3) Do you have trouble waking up at this time? Not really.

    4) Would you say you are more productive by doing this? If so, why? Ofcourse, enough sleep is important for me and I usually work early in the morning.

    5) Do you get a lot more energy throughout the day because of this action? Never been dull when I do this routine.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7259711].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author markstipends
    I wake up at around 6am. That's my usual time. Even on Sundays.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7260010].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author robertoslaw
    5am is the time i wake up everyday. This gives me time to do exercise.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7260047].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ju113n
    1) 8 am
    2) 7 hours
    3) Yes, sometimes I switch off the alarm clock and return unconsciously to sleep
    4) I listen to music I like and I feel motivated, I should try exercising too ...
    5) Usually I start working with a lot of energy but it decrease after lunch. I work 8 hours a day and while the 2 last hours I'm not so productive.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7260381].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Dong Lee
    1: 6:25 AM
    2: 6-7 hours.
    3: No, i love toi get up in moornings.
    4: Not really

    I love to get up in sunny moornings, then take a cup of coffe
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[7260393].message }}
  • 1) What time do you wake up in the morning everyday?
    5am in the morning

    2) How many hours of sleep do you get in a day?
    its not fix coz i also wake up around 1am then get back to sleep..

    3) Do you have trouble waking up at this time?
    nope

    4) Would you say you are more productive by doing this? If so, why?
    Yes, I always view morning as a productive start

    5) Do you get a lot more energy throughout the day because of this action?
    I do..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8395051].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Humir Madrid
    I get up at 8-9 AM. I would love to get up at 5AM though.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[8395231].message }}

Trending Topics