Just KISS And Your Business Will Grow

29 replies
Do you feel like you are drowning in this never ending sea of information?

Do you feel fooled by the Gurus?

I will be very honest here

The reason you are struggling to make money online is because you are too gullible.

Gurus keep selling you their new secret formula and you keep buying it.

You are not failing because you don't know something.

You are failing because you know more than you should.

Yes, knowing more than required cripples you, and slaughters your chances of becoming successful.

When you know too much you try to do too much.

And you don't master anything.

You become the best at being average.

So For Example:

If you do content marketing, and you are trying to build a following on Instagram, while building a funnel.

At the end of the month you will have a few average pieces of content, a lonely Instagram with a few hundred followers, and a fragile funnel.

By doing everything you feel you are making progress but in reality,it is nothing more than a hoax.

Busyness Does Not Equal Business.

But there is a solution...

The solution is to KISS, with that I mean "Keep It Simple Silly".

If you can control your urge to know more

You will succeed...

So For Example:

If instead of trying to do everything you KISS (keep it simple) & just focus on:

Creating and publishing one piece of content every day for next 30 days.

At the end of the month you will have 30 unique pieces of content floating online.

30 freaking content pieces!

Generating leads and building credibility for you, 24/7.

If you do it right people will start messaging you, saying things like:

"Hey I saw your post, it really resonated with me - I'd love to know more about what you do"

You will have lot of leads.

Is that what you want?

If yes
Just KISS...
#business #coaching #kiss #soar
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author brettb
    Good advice OP.


    I will add something more... don't be afraid to go into a small, very specific niche.


    I started a forum this year. It's starting to be quite successful. But the forum is too broadly topic based. Only one part of the site seems *really* popular. I should have just made a forum about this topic. Then I would attract a very specific user base. This would also have made it much more easy to monetize, because I would know *exactly* what my visitors would be interested in buying.
    Signature
    Need LSI Keywords? Try the Niche Laboratory keyword tool (affiliates info page here).

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11403459].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Anoopchawla
      Originally Posted by brettb View Post

      Good advice OP.


      I will add something more... don't be afraid to go into a small, very specific niche.


      I started a forum this year. It's starting to be quite successful. But the forum is too broadly topic based. Only one part of the site seems *really* popular. I should have just made a forum about this topic. Then I would attract a very specific user base. This would also have made it much more easy to monetize, because I would know *exactly* what my visitors would be interested in buying.
      Absolutely, as internet is getting more crowded the way for 2018 and beyond is to go deeper, not wider.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11445369].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Benjamin Ehinger
      Originally Posted by brettb View Post

      Good advice OP.


      I will add something more... don't be afraid to go into a small, very specific niche.


      I started a forum this year. It's starting to be quite successful. But the forum is too broadly topic based. Only one part of the site seems *really* popular. I should have just made a forum about this topic. Then I would attract a very specific user base. This would also have made it much more easy to monetize, because I would know *exactly* what my visitors would be interested in buying.
      So dead on here with this one Brett. Small niches have money in them and you have to be willing to do what others won't do. This includes using social media sites outside of the main big ones and going after keywords that don't get a ton of searches. It may be a bit more work, but a dozen long-tail keywords getting 500 searches a month is still 6,000 possible searches each month.

      Everybody goes after the home run and nobody focuses on the single or getting the walk. Heck, I'll even take getting hit by a pitch every now and then.

      Benjamin Ehinger
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11446201].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Anoopchawla
        Originally Posted by Benjamin Ehinger View Post

        So dead on here with this one Brett. Small niches have money in them and you have to be willing to do what others won't do. This includes using social media sites outside of the main big ones and going after keywords that don't get a ton of searches. It may be a bit more work, but a dozen long-tail keywords getting 500 searches a month is still 6,000 possible searches each month.

        Everybody goes after the home run and nobody focuses on the single or getting the walk. Heck, I'll even take getting hit by a pitch every now and then.

        Benjamin Ehinger
        Great insights Benjamin
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11446517].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Brent Stangel
    "Hey I saw your post, it really resonated with me - I'd love to know more about what you do"
    This is the most common spam "comment" I delete off my sites. Seriously, almost verbatim.

    Brent
    Signature
    Join Thousands of Entrepreneurs and Start Your Profitable and Sustainable Business Today!

    The Leveraged Affiliate System is more than a business-in-a-box, it's a proven solution for you to earn a solid and recurring income in one of the best niches by promoting a high-demand product offered at an irresistible price.

    Watch The Video Right Now! >>>
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11445464].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AndreiMorariu
    Great advice man. Information overload is the biggest issue in this 'make money online' industry. This is mainly provoked by the 'shiny object syndrome' and the unwillingness of people to do the work.

    You won't have great results over night, you need to put in the work.

    In my experience the best advice I've received is: pick a business ( they all work ), pick a traffic source ( master it ) and commit to the plan for at least one year. Results will come for sure
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11445844].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Anoopchawla
      Originally Posted by AndreiMorariu View Post

      Great advice man. Information overload is the biggest issue in this 'make money online' industry. This is mainly provoked by the 'shiny object syndrome' and the unwillingness of people to do the work.

      You won't have great results over night, you need to put in the work.

      In my experience the best advice I've received is: pick a business ( they all work ), pick a traffic source ( master it ) and commit to the plan for at least one year. Results will come for sure
      Exactly, the problem is most people can't stick with one plan for even 3 months. I agree if people picked one traffic strategy and mastered it before they moved to the next loophole, we would have more successful Imers.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11446047].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve B
    Originally Posted by Anoopchawla View Post

    You are not failing because you don't know something.

    You are failing because you know more than you should.

    I believe people fail because they don't do something. Knowing lots of things isn't bad ... really! Smart marketers are always learning, always adapting, always watching the trends and gathering new knowledge.

    It's not what you know that causes your failing. It's never putting into action the knowledge that you have acquired.

    Steve
    Signature

    Steve Browne, online business strategies, tips, guidance, and resources
    SteveBrowneDirect

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11445863].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanbiddulph
    Creating content rocks Anoop.

    Also, connecting with human beings through forums, through your blog and through social media.

    Keep creating and connecting. As simple as it gets.

    Good advice bro.
    Signature
    Ryan Biddulph, Blogger, Author, World Traveling Digital Nomad
    If you want to become a full time blogger you can buy my eBook here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11445911].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author King Manu
    That is a great post. I totally agree with you.

    A couple of years ago I started my first online website with motivational articles and things like that. It was a big dream of mine. So, I've made the goal to produce at least 100 articles. Some days I could write 1 blog post, other days only half. But I stick to it until I accomplished my goal.

    Those 100 articles that I created with sweat and more than 3 months effort still bring value to me today, as people still read them and they serve as a great portfolio for my writing services.

    And I did it how you said, simple. I only focused on creating those blog posts. I automated updates on social media profiles with the titles and that was all.

    KISS
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11446816].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Anoopchawla
      Originally Posted by King Manu View Post

      That is a great post. I totally agree with you.

      A couple of years ago I started my first online website with motivational articles and things like that. It was a big dream of mine. So, I've made the goal to produce at least 100 articles. Some days I could write 1 blog post, other days only half. But I stick to it until I accomplished my goal.

      Those 100 articles that I created with sweat and more than 3 months effort still bring value to me today, as people still read them and they serve as a great portfolio for my writing services.

      And I did it how you said, simple. I only focused on creating those blog posts. I automated updates on social media profiles with the titles and that was all.

      KISS
      Wow, that's very inspirational man. Did you SEO that blog or you just focused posting one great blog post a day?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11448256].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author digital55
    Taking action and implementing what you have learned is important.

    Agree to try and keep things as simple as possible. Don't try and do everything. See what works for you and stick with it consistently.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11457977].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author George Flm
    True - spreading yourself too thin won't get you far.

    Juggling with too many projects without mastering anything, won't bring home the bacon.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11457980].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Highest And Best
    A simpler way to word that is: You need to be laser-focused to be successful

    KISS!
    Signature
    Don't let Internet Marketing overwhelm you... let's take the journey together! Build Money Machines!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11458024].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
    Originally Posted by Anoopchawla View Post

    The reason you are struggling to make money online is because you are too gullible.
    That may be true for some people, but in reality there are as many reasons why people aren't making money as there are people trying to make money.

    I'm amazed at how much insight of others and their personal journey that people assume they are knowledgeable about.

    Speak for yourself and what your reasons for struggling may be. Never assume you know anything about anyone else.

    There is nothing more arrogant than stating personal opinion as fact, unless I'm the one posting it. :-)
    Signature

    "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11462265].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Odahh
      Originally Posted by OptedIn View Post

      That may be true for some people, but in reality there are as many reasons why people aren't making money as there are people trying to make money.

      I'm amazed at how much insight of others and their personal journey that people assume they are knowledgeable about.

      Speak for yourself and what your reasons for struggling may be. Never assume you know anything about anyone else.

      There is nothing more arrogant than stating personal opinion as fact, unless I'm the one posting it. :-)
      well most of the gullible people are not actually doing anything.. but write goal, vizualing ..and looking for the next product that claims to teach them how to build passive income online ..

      there is a big chance that .. the person needs to learn a hell of a lot more than they know already going in cold ..

      for some reason people believe they can go from having a minimum wage skill set offline to building a million dollar business online .. in months .. or after purchasing the next product on internet Markteing..

      a person goes throu 13 years of schooling from k-12 .. then spend money to go to collage .. or joined the military and take many more years to train and get certified in skills to earn 50 , 70 and 100 k or more a year

      and many people who got wealthy in their own businesses had a few failures or .. a long period of time they where not making much money ..

      and people think they can avoid that and go from minimum wage skillsets to six figure income online in a few months.. Maybe there is a lot more they need to know
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11462337].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Odahh
    Originally Posted by Anoopchawla View Post


    You are failing because you know more than you should.

    Yes, knowing more than required cripples you, and slaughters your chances of becoming successful.

    And you don't master anything.

    You become the best at being average.

    So For Example:

    If you do content marketing, and you are trying to build a following on Instagram, while building a funnel.

    At the end of the month you will have a few average pieces of content, a lonely Instagram with a few hundred followers, and a fragile funnel.

    By doing everything you feel you are making progress but in reality,it is nothing more than a hoax.

    Busyness Does Not Equal Business.

    But there is a solution...

    The solution is to KISS, with that I mean "Keep It Simple Silly".


    If yes
    Just KISS...
    i cut down the original post ..you are talking on two different ideas .. what you are talking against is not knowing more.. man never stop learning .. but try learning about stuff that is useful to know..

    Reading your original post ..you are really attempting to talk about my personal favorite subject .. productivity ..i know you might not realize what you are talking about ..but it is what you are talking about.

    I know it is brazen of me .. especially me .. to tell you what you are talking about when you think you are talking about something else .. let me go an agree with what you are really talking about

    for the most part much of what even the most creative people produce is crap .. the favorite records by top artist that had 11 song with 3 or 4 great ones you loved .. started out as like 50 songs that had to be cut down to 11 or 12

    so if someone is going to make money producing content.. or market stuff using content .. it is better to produce a lot of content while you are growing and getting better .. and growing followers or audience ..

    so I am biased .. successful people tend to be the most productive people .. or know how to get far far more done ..than the bottom 95 percent ..

    now these are my views .. the other one is .. the concept of you can learn more from studying 100 long term great marriages .. than 100,000 failed marriages ..if you want a life song successful marriage .

    so forget wondering why so many people are not doing well.. study those small percent of the population who are successful ..and can repeat their success
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11462612].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
    Originally Posted by Anoopchawla View Post

    You are failing because you know more than you should.

    Yes, knowing more than required cripples you, and slaughters your chances of becoming successful.
    Oh, my. I missed that load of bull, the first time, around. One of the single most ridiculous things I have ever read on this forum - or, any other. And, that's sayin' sumptin', lol
    Signature

    "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11462619].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Odahh
      Originally Posted by OptedIn View Post

      Oh, my. I missed that load of bull, the first time, around. One of the single most ridiculous things I have ever read on this forum - or, any other. And, that's sayin' sumptin', lol
      yeah it stuck out when i read it today.. i think i understand what he wa s trying to say.. but i might be giving too much credit.. but i have made similar argument .. but not about knowing.. more along the lines of .. people are doing a lot of stuff that looks like work but not producing much ..

      better off to do a lot less until someone is ready to be productive ..
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11462620].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
        Originally Posted by Odahh View Post

        i think i understand what he wa s trying to say.
        Anyone with an 8th grade reading comprehension knows what he said. No translation, needed. :-)
        Signature

        "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11462625].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Odahh
          Originally Posted by OptedIn View Post

          Anyone with an 8th grade reading comprehension knows what he said. No translation, needed. :-)
          oh i know what he said i quoted it after all

          do i need to translate that . I am here to try to have discussions with people.. not to try to kill everything i disagree with.. i disagree with almost everything even half of what i post
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11462853].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Anoopchawla
      Originally Posted by OptedIn View Post

      Oh, my. I missed that load of bull, the first time, around. One of the single most ridiculous things I have ever read on this forum - or, any other. And, that's sayin' sumptin', lol
      So you don't think information overload is responsible for a lot of people failing at IM?

      I don't know about you, you might be someone who is super duper smart and can manage to do everything and learn everything (although I doubt that).

      But for me and a lot of people like me, I have noticed that knowing less and doing more is what produces results.

      I am not against buying information products, I love information products.

      I buy and sell information products myself.

      But there is a thin line between being a lifelong student and suffering from the shiny object syndrome.

      Many people tend to get in a loop where they keep buying one course after another without taking action, gurus make them believe that their upcoming product will finally answer all of their questions.

      The whole point of this post was to get people to realize that there is no holy grail, no matter how much they study, when they start executing there will be something that was not covered in the course they bought.

      I am here to share my point of view and having a discussion, and not trying to call other people's opinion crap.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11462968].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
        Originally Posted by Anoopchawla View Post

        I don't know about you, you might be someone who is super duper smart and can manage to do everything and learn everything (although I doubt that).
        Do you really think that it makes sense to go through life trying to measure the ability of others by using your own inadequacies as a yardstick.

        Do you think that's it's realistic to believe that you are going to go through life without ever encountering anyone smarter than yourself? While I have never experienced that, personally, I'm certainly open to the possibility that it could happen before I die.

        Your comment that I opined on, was to my way of thinking, ludicrous. You are not obligated to share my opinion, nor do I have any expectation that you would. I'm well aware that people would rather cling to their misconceptions rather than entertain the fact that possibly there might be a more enlightened perspective.

        I can't help you with that. :-)
        Signature

        "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11463206].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Digital Support
    Hey, Do you want your Business Grow faster.

    Just try this .
    Areva Digital provides the advantage of learning digital marketing from the experienced Industry professionals. Our training program will help you to use digital marketing platforms such as social media, search engine, emails, mobile apps, web platforms and other online marketing channels effectively and reach ideal audience for business promotions, marketing and brand positioning.

    Main certified courses offered by Areva Digital are Professional Diploma In Digital Marketing, Advanced Course In Online Entrepreneurship, Executive Program In Digital Marketing, Certified SEO, SMM, SEM Training Program & Corporate Training.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11462991].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics