the one book you need to read - its growing fast

19 replies
The Power of Now is taking the world by storm. heard of it but not sure what it's about? take a quick glimpse and you will soon understand.

should you decide to read it, you will have the ability to change your life for the better no matter where you are at.

very powerful stuff. comment and let me know what you think. enjoy!
(link to own site remove by MOD)
#book #fast #growing #read
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
    Read it, but this is on my Xmas list.



    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11462638].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author ryanbiddulph
    Hi Josh,

    Makes sense as all of our power resides in the here and Now.

    My suggestion: A Course in Miracles. Heavy at first, but liberating.
    Signature
    Ryan Biddulph, Blogger, Author, World Traveling Digital Nomad
    If you want to become a full time blogger you can buy my eBook here
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11462650].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DWolfe
    Originally Posted by Josh Edelman View Post

    The Power of Now is taking the world by storm. heard of it but not sure what it's about? take a quick glimpse and you will soon understand.
    So you have heard about it, not sure what it's about? but posting for us to take a quik look at it....


    Looks like your link failed. It shows up when you try to quote your message but does not show up on the post or quote. Very Clever but you can do better the next time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11462652].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    So you have heard about it, not sure what it's about? but posting for us to take a quik look at it....

    ....and two mods missed the link to his own site in the OP
    Signature

    Saving one dog will not change the world - but forever changes the world of one dog.
    Kindness is not an Act - It's a Lifestyle
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11462765].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
    Originally Posted by Josh Edelman View Post

    you will have the ability to change your life for the better no matter where you are at.
    Will it help if your life is as good as you had ever hoped it would be and from not being greedy or unfulfilled, you're not lusting after or searching for anything more?

    Just wonderin' . . . . . . . .
    Signature

    "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11462788].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    Will it help if your life is as good as you had ever hoped it would be and from not being greedy or unfulfilled, you're not lusting after or searching for anything more?
    Your life doesn't have to be as good as you hoped for - to be satisfying. Not everyone reaches their 'full potential' - and that's ok. I can think of nothing worse than a life spent looking for 'motivation' - or for 'meaning' in the words written by others.

    Living in the 'now' is 'take time to smell the roses'...

    Living in the 'now' means I drop what i'm doing and go outdoors to watch a great sunset...I spend an extra hour with a horse that needs some training - or a dog that needs attention - or a friend who needs a shoulder. I work when there is something worth doing. Sometimes I decide the only 'self improvement' I need...is a nap.

    I used to focus on the future on what i wanted to be/do/have...then realized I can only be who I am, prefer to do what I want rather than what is expected When I lowered my expectations just a bit - I found I already have 'enough'.

    If your life is all about 'me me me' you will never be satisfied....at least that's my opinion.
    Signature

    Saving one dog will not change the world - but forever changes the world of one dog.
    Kindness is not an Act - It's a Lifestyle
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11462796].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      Your life doesn't have to be as good as you hoped for - to be satisfying. Not everyone reaches their 'full potential' - and that's ok. I can think of nothing worse than a life spent looking for 'motivation' - or for 'meaning' in the words written by others.

      Living in the 'now' is 'take time to smell the roses'...

      Living in the 'now' means I drop what i'm doing and go outdoors to watch a great sunset...I spend an extra hour with a horse that needs some training - or a dog that needs attention - or a friend who needs a shoulder. I work when there is something worth doing. Sometimes I decide the only 'self improvement' I need...is a nap.

      I used to focus on the future on what i wanted to be/do/have...then realized I can only be who I am, prefer to do what I want rather than what is expected When I lowered my expectations just a bit - I found I already have 'enough'.

      If your life is all about 'me me me' you will never be satisfied....at least that's my opinion.
      I'm willing to bet that what you have written, here, is more instructive and meaningful that anything you will find in most books that proclaim they are 'life-changing.'

      You do realize, of course, that it's those of us that are decades removed from an outbreak of acne, who tend to understand the concepts which you have so eloquently proffered.
      Signature

      "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11462804].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    They don't call us 'wise' for nothing.
    Signature

    Saving one dog will not change the world - but forever changes the world of one dog.
    Kindness is not an Act - It's a Lifestyle
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11462812].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Frank Donovan
    Originally Posted by Josh Edelman View Post

    The Power of Now is taking the world by storm.
    Seeing as it was published last century, maybe it should be retitled The Power of Then.
    Signature
    TOP TIP: To browse the forum like a Pro, select "View Classic" from the drop-down menu under your user name.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11462815].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    or...could be...The Power of Now and Then....?
    Signature

    Saving one dog will not change the world - but forever changes the world of one dog.
    Kindness is not an Act - It's a Lifestyle
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11462843].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Rose Anderson
    I enjoyed it when I read it many years ago. And I do agree with the premise.

    But I don't think a book published in 1999 is currently taking the world by storm.

    I'm going to have to agree with Frank, as I usually do.

    I will advise you not to buy the audio version. The author did the narration himself and that was a big mistake, at least for the listeners. Perhaps that has been updated.

    Rose
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11462850].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author OptedIn
      Originally Posted by Rose Anderson View Post

      I enjoyed it when I read it many years ago.
      As long as you didn't read it, upon publication

      I'm going to have to agree with Frank, as I usually do.
      Which Frank? The one with all the common sense or the one that is never wrong. :-)
      Signature

      "He not busy being born, is busy dying." - Bob Dylan • "I vibe with the light-dark point. Heavy." - Words that Bob Dylan wishes he had written.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11462865].message }}
  • Yes, the present moment is what we have now and we should make it our primary focus!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11463400].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author spartan14
    Thanks i will read it and i will post updates in the results i get
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11463543].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jennifer Isola
    Wow!! Thanks for this, I actually never heard about this book if I have not been here. Must put it to my list
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11463555].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics