Secret I used to make $65,000 In 1 Offline Deal

15 replies
I see a lot of people talking about Offline stuff for businesses so I just wanted to add
my own 2 Shekels.

Most people on this forum that aren't making the money they desire lack "one" thing
that can put them over the top.

I'm able to make these big ticket deals not because I'm an expert or because I'm the
number one guru on the internet......

IT'S BECAUSE OF MY CONFIDENCE (My faith in God play a huge role in this too)

But speaking purely from a confidence perspective; a lot of people just don't realize
how valuable a skill it is just to know what the top article directories are...

What SEO is....

How to setup an aweber account.....

How to get free traffic to a website....

But because I have confidence in the knowledge that I have, I approach business owners
from a different angle..

They need me, I certainly don't need them....

I'll give all the secrets to their competition if they dare not do business with me...

They better be paying me well or else I'd be wasting my time....

And the most important one is: I give them A LOT of FREE information.

They think: "Gee, this guy really know what he's talking about. I should probably
do business with him"

I made $65,000 on my last offline deal, and so far all we've done is set up a few squeeze pages. We also got a 3000 square foot office free of charge!

Here's a classic example:

The other day I was watching CNN and I saw a commercial for Alcoholism Addiction Cure by (I deleted the name so it won't get picked up by Google). This was like the 100th time I had seen their commercial so I looked up their website because I knew they were making big bucks.

Low and behold, I saw some areas that I could improve on their website.

So I filled in their customer contact form and said: (I'm paraphrasing here)
I'm an internet expert, it looks like you're doing well already, but I see some areas on your
website that can be improved with my help.

I like what you're doing so if you have any questions feel free to call me or email me.

-----End of email

One of the owners called me an hour later saying he had built the site himself. The site looked great by the way.

I told him I would do a diagnostic on the site and shoot him an email.

The gentleman that called me was acting and sounding like he knew it all so I told him this:
"Look, business owners call me all the time saying they their website is perfect, but you can
definitely see double the response from your website than you're currently getting"

He agreed.

I put together a video for him telling him what needed to be fixed and he said he would get back to me after watching the video...

Here's the kicker, in the video I said, "you can get these things done elsewhere for a cheaper price but if you get it done with me you'll get great results. But I charge a very
hefty fee. Anywhere between 3 to 5 thousand bucks a month"

I say I charge a lot because I'm confident and because I KNOW what I'm worth.

If this guy doesn't get back to me, the fact they he called, shows me that he need help. So I'll put together a site in his market. Call him back and tell him that I want to rent it or sell it to him or HIS COMPETITOR.

But before I do that, I'll get it ranked in GOOGLE above him :-)

Then sell or rent the site.

My newest client called me and offered to pay me 5k a month, did you think I accepted his offer? NO!

Not because I didn't think it was enough, it was, I was just confident in my ability.

So I asked for 7k a month. They said they would call me back. They called me back
in 5 minutes and agreed to the deal.....

FULL DISCLOSURE: This 7k/month client already was presold on me because he saw
some of my videos and we had a relationship already.

He also tried to pull out of the deal at the last moment saying he wasn't sure about revealing his business trade secrets.

I said "I have trade secrets too, but I'm willing to share them with you. And my trade
secret are what they're after"

He agreed and has been paying me 7k/month ever since.

If you aren't making the money you desire even though you have the knowledge, it's because your lacking in the confidence area.

Look in the mirror and tell yourself that: "I'm good enough, I smart enough, and dog gonnit people like me"

God Bless.
#$65 #deal #make #offline #secret
  • Profile picture of the author francof
    That's great man, congrats! I agree with everything you've said. If you don't think you're worth those fees, how do you expect other people to think you're worth it. You hit the nail on the head with confidence in yourself and your abilities is key.
    Signature

    | Web Development since 1999: http://www.e4WebSolutions.com
    | My site: I want to help you make money online: http://www.FrancoFrenette.com
    | Website Thumbnails Service:http://www.ThumbnailsPro.com
    | Dropshippers Directory:http://www.webdropshipper.com | Save On Insurance: http://www.Save364.com

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1320907].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Folusho Orokunle
      Originally Posted by francof View Post

      That's great man, congrats! I agree with everything you've said. If you don't think you're worth those fees, how do you expect other people to think you're worth it. You hit the nail on the head with confidence in yourself and your abilities is key.

      Thanks Francof. A lot of people don't realize how much money their losing just by not "believing" in themselves. Or thinking they can get rich by selling their product cheaper than anyone else's.

      Think and Grow Rich.

      P.S. You gotta have some type of knowledge or skill though because there are some people with confidence that just don't know squat(anything).
      Signature

      Need premium biz opp traffic? Email me: folusho at eliteecoach.com

      Internet Marketing Television

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1320922].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author jan roos
        Originally Posted by Folusho Orokunle View Post

        Thanks Francof. A lot of people don't realize how much money their losing just by not "believing" in themselves. Or thinking they can get rich by selling their product cheaper than anyone else's.

        Think and Grow Rich.

        P.S. You gotta have some type of knowledge or skill though because there are some people with confidence that just don't know squat(anything).
        Good post and yes I agree confidence is everything. A business owner can sense confidence and you will get the deal BUT as you just said you do need to know what you are doing in order to be confident.

        Cheers
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1320934].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jason_V
    What are you charging 7k a month for?
    Signature
    "When you do something exactly wrong, you always turn up something."
    -Andy Warhol
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1320919].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Folusho Orokunle
      Originally Posted by Jason_V View Post

      What are you charging 7k a month for?
      For SEO, Coaching for their clients, and "Brand Management". I asked him what I could do for 7k so this is what he wanted.

      I'll admit, I'm doing more work than I would like for this 7k( 8 hours a week) but obviously it's worth it.
      Signature

      Need premium biz opp traffic? Email me: folusho at eliteecoach.com

      Internet Marketing Television

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1320927].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Folusho Orokunle
    When you treat yourself like a star, you can work less and get paid more. This is probably what people like Donald Trump have to come back from Bankruptcy and make millions.
    Signature

    Need premium biz opp traffic? Email me: folusho at eliteecoach.com

    Internet Marketing Television

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1320936].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jose
      Just as Jan, I agree that "confidence is everything".

      But, Folusho, how did you build your confidence? I mean, is there anything one can do to build it? Most technical aspects can be learned, but self confidence seems to be innate...
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1320981].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Folusho Orokunle
        Originally Posted by Jose View Post

        Just as Jan, I agree that "confidence is everything".

        But, Folusho, how did you build your confidence? I mean, is there anything one can do to build it? Most technical aspects can be learned, but self confidence seems to be innate...
        I think the best job I ever had was in telemarketing. I worked for Time Life and I was rep of the year my first year. But this was after I worked in B2B sales for IPA. This is when I realized that you could literally say ANYTHING to people if you sound confident.
        Signature

        Need premium biz opp traffic? Email me: folusho at eliteecoach.com

        Internet Marketing Television

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1321116].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author chrisnegro
        Originally Posted by Jose View Post

        Just as Jan, I agree that "confidence is everything".

        But, Folusho, how did you build your confidence? I mean, is there anything one can do to build it? Most technical aspects can be learned, but self confidence seems to be innate...
        A good mentor AND success in what you set out to do. Checks coming in every month is a SURE FIRE WAY to get confidence. A mentor will help you get there.

        Success,

        Chris Negro
        Signature

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1322772].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author David Mcalorum
    Mmm, very straight and to the point. You're a hard businessman my friend, and it's nothing but a good thing!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1321025].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author chrisnegro
      Originally Posted by MJGrae View Post

      Mmm, very straight and to the point. You're a hard businessman my friend, and it's nothing but a good thing!
      While I agree you NEED TO DEVELOP A RELATIONSHIP.....you need to develop GOOD BUSINESS TECHNIQUES as well.

      I hear all sorts of people saying you need to develop the relationship...you need to develop the relationship (ect...). And YES...THAT IS TRUE.

      But what happens when the owner doesn't want to pay you or short changes you 2 hours of consulting time and doesn't answer his phones when you call. Do you be all nice, warm and fuzzy with your client in hopes to not offend them? Or do you wear your STERN BUSINESS HAT and give the guy a call and TELL HIM TO START ANSWERING HIS PHONES and ask him for you money.

      You see, knowing how to get your money is an extremely valuable skill in offline consulting. Trust me...if you think everyone is always nice and relational and they will never try to take you down the garden path and not steal all of your ideas ....and go to your competitor......YOU ARE WRONG.. The ability to read your business owner [in the field] is another extremely valueable skillset.

      I'm a big fan of RESPECTING THE BUSINESS SIDE of my marketing consulting business and if business owners cross that line.....I make sure I correct it right away. Plus ...when you confront them.....they end up respecting you in the long term anyway....not to mention you are conditioning your client.....that you will get paid what was agreed upon or what you are worth. You can't be afraid to be firm with your clients once they cross the line in your business relationship.

      Sadly, you don't hear alot about this side of offline consulting from some people on this board. But this is where the money is at....ITS NOTHING PERSONAL...its just business.

      Do you want to warm and fuzzy friends all day long (and be a poor marketing consultant) or do you your clients LOVING YOU because you just made them $30,000 while only paying you $10,000 to get it done. Most business owners....want YOU TO MAKE THEM MONEY....AND BE THEIR FRIEND SECOND.


      Success,

      Chris Negro
      Signature

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1322793].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Folusho Orokunle
        Originally Posted by chrisnegro View Post

        While I agree you NEED TO DEVELOP A RELATIONSHIP.....you need to develop GOOD BUSINESS TECHNIQUES as well.

        I hear all sorts of people saying you need to develop the relationship...you need to develop the relationship (ect...). And YES...THAT IS TRUE.

        But what happens when the owner doesn't want to pay you or short changes you 2 hours of consulting time and doesn't answer his phones when you call. Do you be all nice, warm and fuzzy with your client in hopes to not offend them? Or do you wear your STERN BUSINESS HAT and give the guy a call and TELL HIM TO START ANSWERING HIS PHONES and ask him for you money.

        You see, knowing how to get your money is an extremely valuable skill in offline consulting. Trust me...if you think everyone is always nice and relational and they will never try to take you down the garden path and not steal all of your ideas ....and go to your competitor......YOU ARE WRONG.. The ability to read your business owner [in the field] is another extremely valueable skillset.

        I'm a big fan of RESPECTING THE BUSINESS SIDE of my marketing consulting business and if business owners cross that line.....I make sure I correct it right away. Plus ...when you confront them.....they end up respecting you in the long term anyway....not to mention you are conditioning your client.....that you will get paid what was agreed upon or what you are worth. You can't be afraid to be firm with your clients once they cross the line in your business relationship.

        Sadly, you don't hear alot about this side of offline consulting from some people on this board. But this is where the money is at....ITS NOTHING PERSONAL...its just business.

        Do you want to warm and fuzzy friends all day long (and be a poor marketing consultant) or do you your clients LOVING YOU because you just made them $30,000 while only paying you $10,000 to get it done. Most business owners....want YOU TO MAKE THEM MONEY....AND BE THEIR FRIEND SECOND.


        Success,

        Chris Negro
        Thanks Chris. You hit the nail on the head!

        The client that paid me 65k didn't just casually write me checks.

        I had to MAKE HIM PAY ME. Send a few VERY STERN voice mails and emails.

        He paid me in 5 installments, but I had to work to get each check.

        He loved what I did for him, but the average person/business wants
        to stretch things as far as they can.

        This is where the confidence comes in. Most people would have just accepted 20k to 30k, but I made SURE that I got paid.

        Oh yeah. I left out that he still owes me one more check for 10k.
        Signature

        Need premium biz opp traffic? Email me: folusho at eliteecoach.com

        Internet Marketing Television

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1323124].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author KatyaSenina
    I was always wondering how to approach offline businesses but this post definitely gave me a better understanding. Thank you.

    I signed up for your newsletter.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1321063].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author chrisnegro
    Originally Posted by Folusho Orokunle View Post

    I see a lot of people talking about Offline stuff for businesses so I just wanted to add
    my own 2 Shekels.

    Most people on this forum that aren't making the money they desire lack "one" thing
    that can put them over the top.

    I'm able to make these big ticket deals not because I'm an expert or because I'm the
    number one guru on the internet......

    IT'S BECAUSE OF MY CONFIDENCE (My faith in God play a huge role in this too)

    But speaking purely from a confidence perspective; a lot of people just don't realize
    how valuable a skill it is just to know what the top article directories are...

    What SEO is....

    How to setup an aweber account.....

    How to get free traffic to a website....

    But because I have confidence in the knowledge that I have, I approach business owners
    from a different angle..

    They need me, I certainly don't need them....

    I'll give all the secrets to their competition if they dare not do business with me...

    They better be paying me well or else I'd be wasting my time....

    And the most important one is: I give them A LOT of FREE information.

    They think: "Gee, this guy really know what he's talking about. I should probably
    do business with him"

    I made $65,000 on my last offline deal, and so far all we've done is set up a few squeeze pages. We also got a 3000 square foot office free of charge!

    Here's a classic example:

    The other day I was watching CNN and I saw a commercial for Alcoholism Addiction Cure by (I deleted the name so it won't get picked up by Google). This was like the 100th time I had seen their commercial so I looked up their website because I knew they were making big bucks.

    Low and behold, I saw some areas that I could improve on their website.

    So I filled in their customer contact form and said: (I'm paraphrasing here)
    I'm an internet expert, it looks like you're doing well already, but I see some areas on your
    website that can be improved with my help.

    I like what you're doing so if you have any questions feel free to call me or email me.

    -----End of email

    One of the owners called me an hour later saying he had built the site himself. The site looked great by the way.

    I told him I would do a diagnostic on the site and shoot him an email.

    The gentleman that called me was acting and sounding like he knew it all so I told him this:
    "Look, business owners call me all the time saying they their website is perfect, but you can
    definitely see double the response from your website than you're currently getting"

    He agreed.

    I put together a video for him telling him what needed to be fixed and he said he would get back to me after watching the video...

    Here's the kicker, in the video I said, "you can get these things done elsewhere for a cheaper price but if you get it done with me you'll get great results. But I charge a very
    hefty fee. Anywhere between 3 to 5 thousand bucks a month"

    I say I charge a lot because I'm confident and because I KNOW what I'm worth.

    If this guy doesn't get back to me, the fact they he called, shows me that he need help. So I'll put together a site in his market. Call him back and tell him that I want to rent it or sell it to him or HIS COMPETITOR.

    But before I do that, I'll get it ranked in GOOGLE above him :-)

    Then sell or rent the site.

    My newest client called me and offered to pay me 5k a month, did you think I accepted his offer? NO!

    Not because I didn't think it was enough, it was, I was just confident in my ability.

    So I asked for 7k a month. They said they would call me back. They called me back
    in 5 minutes and agreed to the deal.....

    FULL DISCLOSURE: This 7k/month client already was presold on me because he saw
    some of my videos and we had a relationship already.

    He also tried to pull out of the deal at the last moment saying he wasn't sure about revealing his business trade secrets.

    I said "I have trade secrets too, but I'm willing to share them with you. And my trade
    secret are what they're after"

    He agreed and has been paying me 7k/month ever since.

    If you aren't making the money you desire even though you have the knowledge, it's because your lacking in the confidence area.

    Look in the mirror and tell yourself that: "I'm good enough, I smart enough, and dog gonnit people like me"

    God Bless.
    I like your style Folusho. Especially the angle about going to their competition if they don't want what your offering. THIS IS A HUGE TACTIC that actually brings in alot of money. The fear of loss and that you will go to their competion if they don't want to hire you...is a HUGE motivating factor to get business to fork over money to you.

    Blessings brother and congrats again !

    Chris Negro
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1322801].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Charleskidd
    This some great stuff, I congratulate you on that big confidence.
    Signature

    Does internet marketing seem to hard? Click here and you will see how much you learn.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1324743].message }}

Trending Topics