73 replies
The Universe responds to your frequency.. It doesn't recognise your personal desires, wants or needs. It only understands the frequency in which you are vibrating at. For example; if you are vibrating in the frequency of fear, guilt or shame you are going to attract things of a similar vibration.

If you are vibrating love, joy and abundance, you are going to attract things that support that frequency. It's kinda like tuning into a radio station. You have to be tunng into the music you want to listen to just like you have to be tuned into the energy you want to manifest into your life. Change your mindset, it will change your life.
#read #slowly
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Originally Posted by Tshep0325 View Post

    The Universe responds to your frequency.. It doesn't recognise your personal desires, wants or needs. It only understands the frequency in which you are vibrating at. For example; if you are vibrating in the frequency of fear, guilt or shame you are going to attract things of a similar vibration.

    If you are vibrating love, joy and abundance, you are going to attract things that support that frequency. It's kinda like tuning into a radio station. You have to be tunng into the music you want to listen to just like you have to be tuned into the energy you want to manifest into your life. Change your mindset, it will change your life.
    You are going to love it here.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11561528].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Frank Donovan
    I read it slowly. And dismissed it instantly.
    Signature
    TOP TIP: To browse the forum like a Pro, select "View Classic" from the drop-down menu under your user name.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11561529].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    I read it fast - no time to waste.


    With about 8 billion people on the planet I doubt if the universe notices my 'vibrations' at all. if all of us vibrate at once it could get noisy....
    Signature
    Be the person your dog thinks you are.

    Saving one dog will not save the world....but will forever change the world for one dog.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11561534].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Tshep0325
    Haha Kay . The universe doesn't care about our desires, wants or needs. It only understands the frequency at which you vibrating at. By the way there are ways to practice the Law of Attraction and I use them everyday.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11561537].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    ways to practice the Law of Attraction

    I wondereed when this would go 'there'. Dozens of old threads on that subject here already..but some are always ready to discuss it.



    Please use the multi-quote or quotes - rather than make a separate post when responding to several people. Thanks.
    Signature
    Be the person your dog thinks you are.

    Saving one dog will not save the world....but will forever change the world for one dog.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11561555].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tryinhere
    Originally Posted by Tshep0325 View Post

    The Universe responds to your frequency.. It doesn't recognise your personal desires, wants or needs. It only understands the frequency in which you are vibrating at. For example; if you are vibrating in the frequency of fear, guilt or shame you are going to attract things of a similar vibration.

    If you are vibrating love, joy and abundance, you are going to attract things that support that frequency. It's kinda like tuning into a radio station. You have to be tunng into the music you want to listen to just like you have to be tuned into the energy you want to manifest into your life. Change your mindset, it will change your life.
    I says to the wife, I says Darlin, My little Darlins, Did you know if you adjusts the speed you vibrate at, your world will be filled with more Love, Joy and Abundance ? Don't know what happened much after that, but She slapped me bloody Hard is all I Know.
    Signature

    .

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11561622].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author IGotMine
    If you are vibrating love, joy and abundance, you are going to attract things
    ...that identify you as a victim and take everything you have of value.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11561638].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author spartan14
    Well i am totaly agree with this ,but this its ot as easy as it sounds .As you can have blocks in your subconstiwntind that sabotage you
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11561652].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jeffery
    Slowly me read it I did and nothing happened. Grabbed a roll of tin foil, made a hat and Wow what a difference aka Law of Attraction.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11561678].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Odahh
    Originally Posted by Tshep0325 View Post

    The Universe responds to your frequency.. It doesn't recognise your personal desires, wants or needs. It only understands the frequency in which you are vibrating at. For example; if you are vibrating in the frequency of fear, guilt or shame you are going to attract things of a similar vibration.

    If you are vibrating love, joy and abundance, you are going to attract things that support that frequency. It's kinda like tuning into a radio station. You have to be tunng into the music you want to listen to just like you have to be tuned into the energy you want to manifest into your life. Change your mindset, it will change your life.
    now say this is true .. can you even measure the frequency you are vibrating at.. or are you wishfully thinking you are vibrating at such a frequency .

    if you don't learn the power of words and the real meaning of the words you use ..

    your vocal cords vibrate and send a message outside of you .and it is with your words you describe the experience you created .

    technically you never practice the law of attraction it is always present ,the best you can hope to manage is to retrain yourself on the way you use words to describe experience ,emotions, the current state of reality .

    it is hard to believe or really vibrate abundance . when you are trained to value thing in short supply, or rare .. or unique .. the sunrise or the sunset.. who cares about the rest of the day .

    you create with your words .. that is the main way you send vibration into the universe .
    Signature

    "I just wanted a good job ,but i could not find a good job, So i do it myself"-Jack Ma

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11561679].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11561713].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Bald Avenger
    Slowly makes a low pitched noise.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11561728].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author EstelleBerry
    I have read excellent tips and information here ... I am grateful to all of you
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11561770].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DABK
      No, you didn't.

      Oh, wait, you read it extra slow and it revealed the meaning of the universe.
      I wish I could read as slowly as you. Bane of my life, I just can't read slow slow. I try, I really do, but before you can say, Amen, brother, I'm reading hundreds of words a minute. I just don't know what's the matter with me.


      Originally Posted by EstelleBerry View Post

      I have read excellent tips and information here ... I am grateful to all of you
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11561791].message }}
  • Originally Posted by Tshep0325 View Post

    The Universe responds to your frequency.. It doesn't recognise your personal desires, wants or needs. It only understands the frequency in which you are vibrating at. For example; if you are vibrating in the frequency of fear, guilt or shame you are going to attract things of a similar vibration.

    If you are vibrating love, joy and abundance, you are going to attract things that support that frequency. It's kinda like tuning into a radio station. You have to be tunng into the music you want to listen to just like you have to be tuned into the energy you want to manifest into your life. Change your mindset, it will change your life.

    supposed to be "Change your Vibration, it will change your life."
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11561798].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    Please use the multi-quote or quotes - rather than make a separate post when responding to several people. Thanks.

    Not a suggestion - a requirement. Suggest you click your user name in the black toolbar at top of page...from the dropdown menu click on the 'gold' box that says "view classic" - and switch to the more user friendly view of the forum.


    It is NOT acceptable to make several posts of one line each one after the other.
    Signature
    Be the person your dog thinks you are.

    Saving one dog will not save the world....but will forever change the world for one dog.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11562030].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author tryinhere
      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      Not a suggestion - a requirement. Suggest you click your user name in the black toolbar at top of page...from the dropdown menu click on the 'gold' box that says "view classic" - and switch to the more user friendly view of the forum.


      It is NOT acceptable to make several posts of one line each one after the other.
      I see our OP has changed his sig to now spam his / her affiliate offer and that the only vibration they want is clicks on that link.

      What a sad fecker coming here and playing switch with seasoned people who can smell bullship from a green horn a hundred yards away.
      Signature

      .

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11562092].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jonathan 2.0
    Personally I think there's a lot of truth to the "Law Of Attraction" premise: As it's been said: "What a Person thinks about, they bring about." It could have been completely dismissed -- and that would have been it -- with the arrival of "The Secret" movie back in 2006.

    However People are still talking about it, discussing it, and using it to be more successful in their lives.

    Unfortunately I don't think LOA works quite like it was portrayed/illustrated in the movie "The Secret." For example a Person sitting in their arm chair visualizing driving a Ferrari won't instantly "manifest" that into their Lives. In fact some of the beliefs could actually be "dangerous."

    For instance "The Secret" states that a Person "attracts/creates" everything in their Lives. Something that many cults do is mix a lot of truth with a lot of lies -- so it's difficult to tell the difference between the two. And some of the quotations in the Movie/Book are actually taken out of context.

    I could be wrong however I think some of it was meant to be "controversial". Why? So that it would get People talking/discussing it.

    "There's no such thing as bad publicity" as they say. And every time a Person argues against it, many People respond for it -- creating more publicity.

    Actually "The Law Of Attraction" concept began in the early 19th Century with The New Thought Movement: Everything from "The Science of Getting Rich" (Wallace Wattles) to "Think And Grow Rich" (Napoleon Hill). An important part of the "creation/manifesting" process is taking action. As Wallace Wattles said: "By thought, the thing you want is brought to you ... By action you receive it." Napoleon Hill was also clear about "Organized Planning."

    Essentially I think a Person's thoughts creates their reality. And "positive thinking" can do a World of good in the success process. I don't know 100% how it works, just that we really do "attract" what we think about.
    Signature
    "Each problem has hidden in it an opportunity so powerful that it literally dwarfs the problem. The greatest success stories were created by people who recognized a problem and turned it into an opportunity."―Joseph Sugarman
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11562047].message }}
    • Originally Posted by Jonathan 2.0 View Post

      Essentially I think a Person's thoughts creates their reality. And "positive thinking" can do a World of good in the success process. I don't know 100% how it works, just that we really do "attract" what we think about.
      We don't attract what we think about.Your brain filters your reality based on past experiences, beliefs, whatever.

      You see the world through your own lens. That's not attraction, it's filtering.

      Your conscious reality is tiny. No way could your brain give you access to an unfiltered world. Way too much information. Not efficient based on your beliefs. You'd be overwhelmed to the point where you wouldn't be able to even function.

      That's what a filter is for. We all have our own filtering system.

      So, you don't attract. Your brain filters.

      You can look around your room at all the objects. Do a quick scan now. What did you see? You saw all of the objects in the room. You didn't set your brain to filter anything in particular out, or in.

      Now, look around the room, only this time just notice everything that's red.

      What happened?

      Did your brain "attract" those red objects? Or did it filter out everything else and just looked for red objects?

      That's your filtering system. That's your brain. That's reality. LOA is fluffy tripe used by con artists to prey on gullible people.

      But it works, you say. Yes, your filtering system works. All our filtering systems work.


      The Universe doesn't think you are special.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11562694].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Jonathan 2.0
        Originally Posted by Declan O Flaherty View Post

        We don't attract what we think about.Your brain filters your reality based on past experiences, beliefs, whatever.
        Hi Declan. I agree: As People we do filter out inofrmation/etc. You're right. There's also something called "conformation bias" ― which is basically when a Person has the tendency to interpret and select information (etc.) in a way that supports their beleifs and/or thinking.

        However, that said, I still there's some truth to the premise that we attract what we think about. Again ― I don't know exactly how it works ... Because I haven't researched it.

        WarriorForum Creator Allen Says was promoting/selling "LOA/New Thought" eBooks (including "The Master Key System") long before The Secret movie was produced: Was he a con artist preying on gullible People too?
        Signature
        "Each problem has hidden in it an opportunity so powerful that it literally dwarfs the problem. The greatest success stories were created by people who recognized a problem and turned it into an opportunity."―Joseph Sugarman
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11562757].message }}
        • Originally Posted by Jonathan 2.0 View Post


          However, that said, I still there's some truth to the premise that we attract what we think about. Again ― I don't know exactly how it works ... Because I haven't researched it.
          Jonathan; You weren't asking me. But I want to reply anyway. I just love hearing the sound of my own voice.

          I have researched it. It has nothing to do with vibrations. But we filter out impressions and experiences that do not support our dominant mindset, and we look for...and readily accept anything that supports our core beliefs.

          If you think that you are lucky...you'll ignore evidence to the contrary, and interpret input to support your current reality. If you think you are undeserving...you'll find evidence to support that as well.

          One major flaw in thinking that your current mental state influences reality, is that it requires the entire planet, and everyone on it, to change how they behave, to bend reality to your "vibrational frequency".

          A relative once said to me "I just get money when I need it. It just comes to me." She thought it was some sort of magic. What I didn't tell her was that for this idea to work, everyone in the world would now be influenced by her personal need for money. Their decisions would change, they would spend differently....because she now needed money.

          Besides the obvious problems with such a belief, it means that nobody else on the planet has this "vibrational influence" except her. And for "wealth attraction" to work for anyone...t can't work for anyone else....because it would influence the buying and selling decisions of everyone else...to direct money toward this one person.

          The Law Of Attraction is soooo seductive. It makes us feel special. It makes us feel that the world is somehow conspiring to help us. But like many ideas like this..if you simply ask "OK, if it's true, how exactly does it work?" you'll soon see it break down.



          Originally Posted by Jonathan 2.0 View Post

          WarriorForum Creator Allen Says was promoting/selling "LOA/New Thought" eBooks (including "The Master Key System") long before The Secret movie was produced: Was he a con artist preying on gullible People too?
          Not necessarily a con artist. Some people who teach "New Age" stuff believe they are really teaching something of value. But it takes a specific mindset for these ideas to make sense.

          Here's a good rule of thumb. Was the idea discovered or invented?

          A discovered idea is the end result of study, inspecting evidence with a skeptical mind...and dispassionate. It is a result....a conclusion. Discoveries always stand up to skeptical testing, because thy are true. They are real. The attitude of the observer isn't part of it. And further study usually slightly changes the core idea, because learning is taking place.

          Invented ideas are started as a fully formed idea, and then passed on. They require belief, acceptance, and don't encourage testing. Their "evidence" is generally an analogy, comparing dissimilar things.. It engages the imagination, rather than the critical mind. And...these ideas remain static. They do not change over time, because there is no learning taking place.

          For example, what advancements in the Law Of Attraction theory have recently taken place? None, because it's not based on reality, but on imagination.

          To me...astoundingly....maybe 80-90% of what humans accept as true...is in the invented category.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11562770].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Jonathan 2.0
            Interesting: Thanks Claude. I'm open to the possibility that we don't send out "vibrations" (etc.) to "The Universe" -- at least not how it's illustrated in the movie.

            (I'm not even sure if I would like that happening anyway ...)

            However maybe there's some truth to it? Perhaps on some level we do perceive things out of our "consciousness?" I won't pretend I know everything ... However there was an experiment conducted where People in a supermarket were in a one-way mirror and told to kind of "stare" at shoppers walking by. And, basically, a statistically significant percentage of People looked around at the mirror thereby sensing someone was starting at them.

            Anyway, some quick anecdotal evidence (because I like hearing myself talk as well Lol) ... I did an "experiment" several years ago whereby I tried to "manifest" a packet of cigarettes. And within about half an hour I found some. OK. Could have been a coincidence, right?

            Well the next day (and I swear this is true) I found another packet ― the exact same brand -- with approximately the same amount of cigarettes.

            I'm not saying this is proof of LOA, however it's something to consider maybe

            All in all, I think it's important for a Person to choose positive and empowering thoughts -- especially as it relates to being a successful Entrepreneur.

            2C.
            Signature
            "Each problem has hidden in it an opportunity so powerful that it literally dwarfs the problem. The greatest success stories were created by people who recognized a problem and turned it into an opportunity."―Joseph Sugarman
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11562780].message }}
            • Originally Posted by Jonathan 2.0 View Post

              However maybe there's some truth to it? Perhaps on some level we do perceive things out of our "consciousness?" I won't pretend I know everything ... However there was an experiment conducted where People in a supermarket were in a one-way mirror and told to kind of "stare" at shoppers walking by. And, basically, a statistically significant percentage of People looked around at the mirror thereby sensing someone was starting at them.
              Sooooo people walked by a mirror and looked at their reflection? Do you think that most people would normally not look at their reflection?




              Originally Posted by Jonathan 2.0 View Post


              Anyway, some quick anecdotal evidence (because I like hearing myself talk as well Lol) ... I did an "experiment" several years ago whereby I tried to "manifest" a packet of cigarettes. And within about half an hour I found some. OK. Could have been a coincidence, right?

              Well the next day (and I swear this is true) I found another packet ― the exact same brand -- with approximately the same amount of cigarettes.

              I'm not saying this is proof of LOA, however it's something to consider maybe
              I just talked about this in my last post.

              So, you found two packs of cigarettes?

              Think of what would have to be true, in order for this to be anything like "manifesting".

              Your mind somehow controlled other people's minds to leave packs of cigarettes in a specific place so you could find them. Or....your mind somehow created these packs of cigarettes out of thin air....but not complete packs, just partial packs?

              There are one of two possibilities.
              1) You have the power to either control other people's minds..or you can control matter with your mind. Either way, you have the power of a god...and nobody else does.

              2) Two people just dropped their partial pack of cigarettes. And it had nothing to do with you.

              One of those is probably real.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11562790].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author Jonathan 2.0
                Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

                Sooooo people walked by a mirror and looked at their reflection? Do you think that most people would normally not look at their reflection?
                Sorry ― I didn't explain that very well. (Lol) Essentially, they measured how many People looked around at the mirror naturally without the People in the experiment looking at them, and then again with them. It's something that many People have experienced. Does it mean they are kind of sensing being stared at? I honestly have no idea. However I think it could be plausible.

                There are one of two possibilities.
                1) You have the power to either control other people's minds, or you can control matter with your mind. Either way, you have the power of a god...and nobody else does.
                (Lol) Good point. As I have read: "Human beings have no 'supernatural power' of their own." And I'm not sure I would want that anyway. Like I said, I don't know how it happened. Maybe something I haven't considered?

                2) Two people just dropped their partial pack of cigarettes. And it had nothing to do with you.

                One of those is probably real.
                When faced with those two choices I agree ― It was probably just a coincidence.
                : )
                Signature
                "Each problem has hidden in it an opportunity so powerful that it literally dwarfs the problem. The greatest success stories were created by people who recognized a problem and turned it into an opportunity."―Joseph Sugarman
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11562793].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Odahh
            Claude it's not really an invented catagory . Although you probably look at religions as invented.

            You take many concepts that have been in most of the world's religions and attempt to practice them without the framework of a structured religion .

            I can find biblical passages that sound a lot like basic law of attraction. To he who has more will be given to he who has not more will be taken away .

            Figure out some practice that you hope will please a much greater power and hope blessings rain down from above .

            Blah blah blah sorry
            Signature

            "I just wanted a good job ,but i could not find a good job, So i do it myself"-Jack Ma

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11562781].message }}
        • Originally Posted by Jonathan 2.0 View Post

          However, that said, I still there's some truth to the premise that we attract what we think about. Again ― I don't know exactly how it works ... Because I haven't researched it.
          I get you. Attraction is fine. I can attract a better class of customer if I communicate in a specific way, right? And that comes from my thoughts; how I think.

          Originally Posted by Jonathan 2.0 View Post

          WarriorForum Creator Allen Says was promoting/selling "LOA/New Thought" eBooks (including "The Master Key System") long before The Secret movie was produced: Was he a con artist preying on gullible People too?
          No. That's the thing. I'm not saying everyone who talks about or teaches this stuff is a co artist. Just like I wouldn't say that everyone who preaches the bible is a con artist. But there's no denying these types of claims, that can never be proven, WILL be used buy con artists to manipulate people. And are every single day.

          My Sister goes to Psychics. It does my head in. These people are clearly con artists who should be locked up. But they get away with it because we can't prove them 100% to be con artists.

          But they are. Clearly.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11562995].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author Frank Donovan
            Originally Posted by Declan O Flaherty View Post

            My Sister goes to Psychics. It does my head in. These people are clearly con artists who should be locked up. But they get away with it because we can't prove them 100% to be con artists.
            I doubt that providing any proof would help. Rather than change their world view when facts contradict their beliefs, people are more comfortable finding ways to justify their outlook.

            Psychologists call this phenomenon cognitive dissonance. We all experience it to a degree, and not just in the obvious fields such as politics and religion.
            Signature
            TOP TIP: To browse the forum like a Pro, select "View Classic" from the drop-down menu under your user name.

            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11562997].message }}
            • Originally Posted by Frank Donovan View Post

              I doubt that providing any proof would help. Rather than change their world view when facts contradict their beliefs, people are more comfortable finding ways to justify their outlook.

              Psychologists call this phenomenon "cognitive dissonance". We all experience it to a degree, and not just in the obvious fields such as politics and religion.

              That's thing isn't it Frank, no amount of proof would be enough. It's easy to move furniture around the room to justify an illusive claim.

              The point I was making wasn't about people and their beliefs.It was about the lying scum who manipulate them for money.

              I know we all have our blind spots.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11563017].message }}
  • Anywan guess what frequency ima vibratin' at rn?


    Guess right ... an' you could win a STELLAR PRIZE.


    "The Law of Stupefaction turns to jelly all who lay their heads on its dumbass belly."
    Signature

    Lightin' fuses is for blowin' stuff together.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11562065].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DABK
      1034.34 mhz?

      Originally Posted by Princess Balestra View Post

      Anywan guess what frequency ima vibratin' at rn?


      Guess right ... an' you could win a STELLAR PRIZE.


      "The Law of Stupefaction turns to jelly all who lay their heads on its dumbass belly."
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11562086].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Reddevil007
    But last time I heard energy follows thought process!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11562106].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author codyhay
    That's nice.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11562107].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AC DC
    Nice read. I have seen a lot of negative people giving out negative vibes to positive people.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11562133].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Frank Donovan
      Originally Posted by AC DC View Post

      I have seen a lot of negative people giving out negative vibes to positive people.
      No you haven't.
      Signature
      TOP TIP: To browse the forum like a Pro, select "View Classic" from the drop-down menu under your user name.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11562166].message }}
    • Originally Posted by AC DC View Post

      Nice read. I have seen a lot of negative people giving out negative vibes to positive people.

      Gotta figure always whether we wanna be eternal voyeurs of eternal inconsequence or chilled out cultural schwingdingers holdin' sway ovah whatevah happnin' next for evrywan.
      Signature

      Lightin' fuses is for blowin' stuff together.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11562176].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GordonJ
    Originally Posted by Tshep0325 View Post

    The Universe responds to your frequency.. It doesn't recognise your personal desires, wants or needs. It only understands the frequency in which you are vibrating at. For example; if you are vibrating in the frequency of fear, guilt or shame you are going to attract things of a similar vibration.

    If you are vibrating love, joy and abundance, you are going to attract things that support that frequency. It's kinda like tuning into a radio station. You have to be tunng into the music you want to listen to just like you have to be tuned into the energy you want to manifest into your life. Change your mindset, it will change your life.
    https://youtu.be/uNmnroyJSzo

    What does a yellow light mean?

    And this post makes as much sense as Rev. Jim's life as a taxi driver.

    GordonJ
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11562427].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    Funny thing - I've never met a financially successful person who told me he sat around 'attracting' money - or that his 'vibrations' brought wealth.



    But - no dearth of those with metaphysical leanings and '6 figure income' clickfunnel sigs, is there?
    Signature
    Be the person your dog thinks you are.

    Saving one dog will not save the world....but will forever change the world for one dog.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11562445].message }}
    • Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      Funny thing - I've never met a financially successful person who told me he sat around 'attracting' money - or that his 'vibrations' brought wealth.



      But - no dearth of those with metaphysical leanings and '6 figure income' clickfunnel sigs, is there?
      Same here. I've never known a wealthy person who became that way through "attracting money" to them...or through positive vibrations.

      The closest thing I've seen are offers to teach "Wealth Attraction" to people who are inclined to believe it. But the people selling the ...um...information....are using real marketing and selling methods. They aren't at all using what they teach.

      Like the people who sell "How to make money on Facebook" that use email lists, PPC advertising speak at events, and use direct mail.

      Selling something that sounds cool, trendy, or fantastic...but selling it by traditional methods.

      And......I still suggest asking millionaires how they got that way. After 100 or so, you'll get the idea that positive vibrations and "Manifesting wealth" aren't really part of it.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11562499].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Odahh
        Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

        Same here.

        Selling something that sounds cool, trendy, or fantastic...but selling it by traditional methods.

        And......I still suggest asking millionaires how they got that way. After 100 or so, you'll get the idea that positive vibrations and "Manifesting wealth" aren't really part of it.
        I'm biased from a few dozen successful people with wealth and several others who may not have had big net worths . But had very little or virtually no debt and could fit most of their expenses into the business they ran

        For the most part those I have met talked to actually did work they enjoyed and their businesses where their main source of entertainment .no real seperation of work and play .

        If they wanted to golf five days a week they would make golf some part of their revenue or client management .

        Or they just went mostly off the books which is why I dont really trust the income figures the government puts out .

        A person's biggest expense is the taxes they pay not just on income but everything . The rich people I know or not rich but not tied to a job . Usually can shift their biggest purchases .cars cloths computers medical insurance.into business expenses.

        Honestly if it was called the law of repulsion verse attraction and many focused on the many things people do to drive away the things they want and how to alter this behaviors .

        Once the behaviors and beliefs are identified then what is need can be attracted in . Without much real mystery or mystisysm .
        Signature

        "I just wanted a good job ,but i could not find a good job, So i do it myself"-Jack Ma

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11562753].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author zarnecki
    Originally Posted by Tshep0325 View Post

    The Universe responds to your frequency.. It doesn't recognise your personal desires, wants or needs. It only understands the frequency in which you are vibrating at. For example; if you are vibrating in the frequency of fear, guilt or shame you are going to attract things of a similar vibration.

    If you are vibrating love, joy and abundance, you are going to attract things that support that frequency. It's kinda like tuning into a radio station. You have to be tunng into the music you want to listen to just like you have to be tuned into the energy you want to manifest into your life. Change your mindset, it will change your life.

    how many hertz am i vibrating at and why does the universe care?
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11562717].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    I think you mean 'confirmation bias' - that's when you believe the information that reinforces YOUR beliefs and ignore any evidence that discredits your pre-conceived beliefs.
    Signature
    Be the person your dog thinks you are.

    Saving one dog will not save the world....but will forever change the world for one dog.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11562766].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jonathan 2.0
      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      I think you mean 'confirmation bias' - that's when you believe the information that reinforces YOUR beliefs and ignore any evidence that discredits your pre-conceived beliefs.
      Yep: That's it. Thanks: And that's what many People do with "LOA".
      (Both for and against.)
      :
      Signature
      "Each problem has hidden in it an opportunity so powerful that it literally dwarfs the problem. The greatest success stories were created by people who recognized a problem and turned it into an opportunity."―Joseph Sugarman
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11562767].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Odahh
    John I'm to lazy to quote and erase most of your post . But have you used the trick that you used to find ciggarets. Which are not the best things to manifest . To manifest things that will lead to better health or better long term life improvement.

    The reason much of this information was restricted or hidden or kept secret because it is so much easier to manifest vices than virtues
    Signature

    "I just wanted a good job ,but i could not find a good job, So i do it myself"-Jack Ma

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11562784].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jonathan 2.0
      Originally Posted by Odahh View Post

      The reason much of this information was restricted or hidden or kept secret because it is so much easier to manifest vices than virtues
      Where did you get that information from, just out of curiosity.
      Signature
      "Each problem has hidden in it an opportunity so powerful that it literally dwarfs the problem. The greatest success stories were created by people who recognized a problem and turned it into an opportunity."―Joseph Sugarman
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11562785].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author DABK
        Sorry to disabuse you, Declan, but I just got off the phone with Universe: She confirms I am special. It seems I instinctively vibrate at a rate that makes her naughty parts tingle. So, nah!



        Originally Posted by Declan O Flaherty View Post

        The Universe doesn't think you are special.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11562813].message }}
        • Originally Posted by DABK View Post

          Sorry to disabuse you, Declan, but I just got off the phone with Universe: She confirms I am special. It seems I instinctively vibrate at a rate that makes her naughty parts tingle. So, nah!

          Yeah, of course you're special. If the Universe can't see that, then the Universe doesn't know what she's missing. In fact, your special bus is leaving right now mate
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11562996].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author DABK
            See? See? I done attracted me a bus! You wanna buy it? It's brand new and all shinny and stuff. Worth $120k but you can have it for a measly $50k if you act by the end of the week. Act by the end of today, and I'll throw in a top hat and a $50 amazon.com voucher, you can spend on anything, ANYTHING, on amazon's site!!!!





            Originally Posted by Declan O Flaherty View Post

            Yeah, of course you're special. If the Universe can't see that, then the Universe doesn't know what she's missing. In fact, your special bus is leaving right now mate
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11563029].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Odahh
        Originally Posted by Jonathan 2.0 View Post

        Where did you get that information from, just out of curiosity.
        Well because this information use to only be available to people who could read and write .or to monks of verious religions and with access to libraries or other learned monks .

        So basically to people who had to learn personal discipline as well the other spiritual practices that go along with loa


        And until a hundred to two hundred years ago pretty much the only ones who could build wealth where those who where born rich . Or could build armies and rape pillage or plunder . Steal land take slaves all the pleastent stuff we call civilization of the past .

        And substance farmers in Europe normally ate all fresh local organic produce ,raw milk and the main meat was fish fresh caught .

        What is now the diet of the rich .

        Any case when only a few computers where in the world fifty years ago was the use of computers hidden from the masses or just beyong the apility of the time to provide access .

        When most of the masses where literate passing scrolls around written in ancient Greek or Latin . Was the only real way to educate people . And the masses didn't have the time when there was no machanicle devices to do work .
        Signature

        "I just wanted a good job ,but i could not find a good job, So i do it myself"-Jack Ma

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11563220].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kay King
        One thing is a given in these threads - they will eventually reach the level of info 'hidden' or what 'the masses' do - etc. and somehow the oldies but goodies of TAGR and Robbins will be mentioned.


        Down the rabbit hole we go... Sorry, but in my view posting seriously about 'vibrations' and results of LOA is choosing the path into the enchanted (and not in a good way) forest.
        Signature
        Be the person your dog thinks you are.

        Saving one dog will not save the world....but will forever change the world for one dog.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11563222].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author GordonJ
          Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

          One thing is a given in these threads - they will eventually reach the level of info 'hidden' or what 'the masses' do - etc. and someone the oldies but goodies of TAGR and Robbins will be mentioned.



          Down the rabbit hole we go... Sorry, but in my view posting seriously about 'vibrations' and results of LOA is choosing the path into the enchanted (and not in a good way) forest.
          the best the WF has to offer.

          Maybe, once we get deep into it (the enchanted forest), then the TRUTH, about aliens, and how we are nothing more than a science experiment for more advanced civilizations, those whose vibration are on a wave we have not yet discovered...or

          We can then leap to Element 115, the Illuminati, Masons, and then we discover there really were unicorns who frolicked while Noah was loading the ark.

          Always have wondered why and how this became the Mind Warriors sub forum, when clearly little thought is involved...a lot of belief,

          opinion, beliefs, anecdotal stories...

          but mind?

          Well, sometimes it beats reading HOW DO I GET STARTED IN AFFILIATE MARKETING for the 10,000th time.

          For my 10 minutes a week at WF, I give six to this subforum, sort of like the playground or recess.

          And regarding the mind part of it, I'm pretty sure a "person convinced against their will is of the same opinion still".

          GordonJ

          PS. As it relates to making money with IM, we see those people who have spent two, five even more YEARS of their life, trying this, seeking that, going down all the IM rabbit holes where they spent money to get into...

          Having a realistic understanding of one's skills, knowledge, talents AND beliefs, can help expedite the achievement of financial goals when coupled with a decent plan of action and the commitment to stay with it until it DOES manifest in reality.

          But alas, magic is easier to believe in, isn't it?
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11563229].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Kay King
        Always have wondered why and how this became the Mind Warriors sub forum, when clearly little thought is involved...a lot of belief,
        The original idea of the Mind Forum, as I recall, was to discuss areas of marketing that are 'influenced' by our pre-conceived or imagined thoughts.


        One of the first big discussions - I think Allen participated if I recall correctly - was on 'herd mentality' - how copywriters, for example, capitalize on the need of people to 'follow' or 'be part of' something. Then 'The Secret' became the 'thing to talk about' and this section became what it is.


        edit: so I went back to the earliest posts to be found in this section (from 2008 when this forum platform was adopted) - and the titles are much the same as you see here now - not many postsng in the mind section then - but a lot more 'views'
        Signature
        Be the person your dog thinks you are.

        Saving one dog will not save the world....but will forever change the world for one dog.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11563253].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author GordonJ
          Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

          The original idea of the Mind Forum, as I recall, was to discuss areas of marketing that are 'influenced' by our pre-conceived or imagined thoughts.


          One of the first big discussions - I think Allen participated if I recall correctly - was on 'herd mentality' - how copywriters, for example, capitalize on the need of people to 'follow' or 'be part of' something. Then 'The Secret' became the 'thing to talk about' and this section became what it is.


          edit: so I went back to the earliest posts to be found in this section (from 2008 when this forum platform was adopted) - and the titles are much the same as you see here now - not many postsng in the mind section then - but a lot more 'views'
          It seems to me he discussed Herd Mentality long before 2008, but whenever it was, it was his best work (IMO). I'm pretty sure it came before the Mass Control stuff too.

          One of these days, I'll pull out the old hard drive, where the original WF lives in my house somewhere. We too had to update software around the same time and much of our early archives didn't survive either. If you ever come across a discussion of the Herd Mentality, please let us know.

          Pretty sure Paul Myers wrote quite a bit about too.

          And as far as that goes, we see a lot of HM right here.

          GordonJ

          PS. You are appreciated Kay, I gave up on WF a couple months ago, when it became obvious through contact with a super mod, the lack of direction, organization or purpose they had for this place.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11563271].message }}
  • "Where empirical evidence fails to persuade, illusion will surely delude."

    I read this in a fortune cookie when I was 7.

    Spoke to me so trooly I nevah ate the noodles an' kept 'em undah my bed till I was 18.

    Then when I dated a chemist guy, we got the rottin' remains preserved in a faux amethyst ornament array.

    An' evah since then, them noodles been my touchstone.

    Soul & spirit & truth floweth from Moi an' through Moi an' to Moi.

    Tellya, it is so easy it is like frickin' diarrhea.

    All I know 'bout LOA is ... anywan loads up the schwango my way gets slapped in the chops.

    If'n you srs, I'm gtg at $500 per hour, plus also I will DRESS UP.
    Signature

    Lightin' fuses is for blowin' stuff together.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11562829].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Kay King
    was promoting/selling "LOA/New Thought" eBooks

    No, but a good salesman sells what people will buy. LOA did NOT begin with the movie 'the secret'. Good old Joe Vitale - perhaps best known prior to the 'movie' as a marketer who provided 'testimonials' for every new MMO or IM product launched online.




    The 'mirror' experiment is flawed - most likely deliberately flawed to prove a nonexistent point.



    People would not know it's a 'one way' mirror - only that it's a mirror and a chance to look at themselves because that's what people do - or because the movement (THEIR movement) reflected in the mirror draws their attention.


    If 'manifesting' is real - why would you waste that 'power' on a pack of smokes? Why not create a passive income or a thriving business or a lottery win?
    Signature
    Be the person your dog thinks you are.

    Saving one dog will not save the world....but will forever change the world for one dog.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11563009].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Jonathan 2.0
      Originally Posted by Kay King View Post

      The 'mirror' experiment is flawed - most likely deliberately flawed to prove a nonexistent point.
      How do you know? Or is that just an opinion? Again I probably didn't explain it enough.

      If 'manifesting' is real - why would you waste that 'power' on a pack of smokes? Why not create a passive income or a thriving business or a lottery win?
      Good question. Personally I don't necessarily think LOA works like my example ... However I found it somewhat interesting and have read many similar experiences. I don't think a Person can create a "passive income" or a "thriving business" just by thinking about it.

      Thanks for the post though: I found it interesting. : )
      Signature
      "Each problem has hidden in it an opportunity so powerful that it literally dwarfs the problem. The greatest success stories were created by people who recognized a problem and turned it into an opportunity."―Joseph Sugarman
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11563044].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author GordonJ
        Originally Posted by Jonathan 2.0 View Post

        How do you know? Or is that just an opinion? Again I probably didn't explain it enough.



        Good question. Personally I don't necessarily think LOA works like my example ... However I found it somewhat interesting and have read many similar experiences. I don't think a Person can create a "passive income" or a "thriving business" just by thinking about it.

        Thanks for the post though: I found it interesting. : )
        A person can NOT create anything by thinking about it. See, there are two parts to accomplishment, one is the mental part...but the other, the thing most overlooked by those gurus of LOA is...

        the MOVEMENT part.

        You can't get across the street, even if you see those free cancer causing cigs on the other side just waiting for you, until you cross the street.

        From the NOW, to the goal, the wish fulfilled, the thought made manifest is MOVEMENT.

        The secret to LOA, is what my Jr. High Football coach told me (I was a pulling guard)...

        THE HEAD GOES WHERE THE BODY FOLLOWS.

        So, iffin I wanted to knock that big linebacker on his ass, I had to plant my head right into his midsection with all I had. If I happened to notice Anita, a cheerleader, while I was playing, I would miss the target. There are a lot of Anitas (distractions) on the sidelines of life which cause us to miss.

        What is congruent and accurate about LOA, manifestation is; when the mind, the idea, the thought, the desire is in step with the movement; action, activity and it may seem as if holding on to the thought brought about the result, but in every single instance of result by design is the control of the movement.

        Most "manifestations", cigs or dollars on the ground are a result of apophenia. But humans want and often need an explanation for such coincidences, so....LOA.

        Control your movement, and that includes the thought, because the mind and body can't be separated, and it is the activity which creates the result.

        GordonJ
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11563060].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Jonathan 2.0
          Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post

          See, there are two parts to accomplishment, one is the mental part...but the other, the thing most overlooked by those gurus of LOA is...

          the MOVEMENT part.
          Absolutely: I agree. Thanks Gordan.
          : )

          A Person's thinking/feeling/etc, is important for sure. Everyone from Napoleon Hill ("Think And Grow Rich") to Tony Robbins ("Awaken The Giant Within"') were clear about that. However similar to what you said, many times they miss out the equally important aspect ... And that's Taking Action/Movement.

          As it applies to being a successful Entrepreneur ― a Person's thoughts are important however it's equally important to take action. They go hand-in-hand (IMO).

          2C
          Signature
          "Each problem has hidden in it an opportunity so powerful that it literally dwarfs the problem. The greatest success stories were created by people who recognized a problem and turned it into an opportunity."―Joseph Sugarman
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11563216].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author GordonJ
            Originally Posted by Jonathan 2.0 View Post

            Absolutely: I agree. Thanks Gordan.
            : )

            A Person's thinking/feeling/etc, is important for sure. Everyone from Napoleon Hill ("Think And Grow Rich") to Tony Robbins ("Awaken The Giant Within"') were clear about that. However similarly to what you said, many times they miss out the equally important aspect ... And that's Taking Action/Movement.

            As it applies to being a successful Entrepreneur ― a Person's thoughts are important however it's equally important to take action. They go hand-in-hand (IMO).

            2C
            How are their thoughts important?

            Many successful Entrepreneurs were simply in the right place at the right time. Others had no belief in their ability, they stumbled into it.

            Thoughts are only "important" as it relates to the action (movement) they produce. And all too often, that movement comes about from an accident, or a failure but produces a different result than the one they were looking for.

            Too many so called successes were just lucky. And they can NOT not go hand in hand, which is the point, a mind is not separate from a body. They have to go hand in hand, don't they?

            LOA is a belief system, and if that is your belief, then you follow the tenets or rules of that belief system, eh??

            GordonJ
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11563230].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Jonathan 2.0
              Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post

              How are their thoughts important?
              Pretty much everything begins with a thought, Even a Person's actions. As I have learned:
              "Thoughts lead to emotions, and emotions lead to actions."

              Many successful Entrepreneurs were simply in the right place at the right time. Others had no belief in their ability, they stumbled into it.
              True. At the same time, many of them did know exactly what they were doing -- relatively speaking. It's a common thought that many Entrepreneurs just got lucky -- and luck definitely plays a part -- usually though they were somewhat creative and innovative ... Among other things.

              LOA is a belief system, and if that is your belief, then you follow the tenets or rules of that belief system, eh??
              Out of curiosity ... How would you "define" LOA?
              Signature
              "Each problem has hidden in it an opportunity so powerful that it literally dwarfs the problem. The greatest success stories were created by people who recognized a problem and turned it into an opportunity."―Joseph Sugarman
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11563234].message }}
              • Profile picture of the author GordonJ
                Originally Posted by Jonathan 2.0 View Post

                Pretty much everything begins with a thought, Even a Person's actions. As I have learned: "Thoughts lead to emotions, and emotions lead to actions."



                True. At the same time, many of them did know exactly what they were doing -- relatively speaking. It's a common thought that many Entrepreneurs just got lucky -- and luck definitely plays a part -- usually though there were somewhat creative and innovative. Among other things.



                Out of curiosity ... How would you "define" LOA?
                When I write about LOA, I use the Law of Attraction definition put forth by Rhonda Byrne in THE SECRET. She drew upon the New Age Movement, and they claimed: Emotionalized thought pictures continuously visualized will be made manifest for the world to see.
                The claim is if you visualize a future event as a present reality, and add emotion (belief) that God will respond, although they prefer to use Universe, a sub set of God, perhaps?

                You like to split hairs over minutiae, look, what ever you believe you believe.

                If you believe you can attract a free pack of smokes into your existence, so be it.

                The reason religion had/has so much conflict with New Age, is, most religions believe in a God who should be obeyed, the idea you can tell God what you want and he will give it to you is considered an affront to mainstream religion until the God wants you to be rich crowd came on the scene.

                We have mostly control over our activities, maybe as much as 90% or more for most people. In a free society, no one holds a gun to anyone's head and says you have to do this (work). Yet when we read about the disgruntled employee, and here at WF, probably the VAST majority, and how they want to escape the rat race, they forget the small detail which is, THEY put themselves into the race by saying (in effect if not fact): pick me, pick me not the other guy.

                They MANIFESTED their misery, their goal came true.

                Now they want to use magic to extricate themselves from their own mess.

                As I define LOA, I also say, it is magical thinking and Pablum for the masses who need it and has nothing to do with achievement, albeit, as thinking makes it so.

                The reason so many are attracted to magic is, they never learned how life works, they accepted an adult's version when they were young and never grew out of that.

                GordonJ
                {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11563239].message }}
                • Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post

                  When I write about LOA, I use the Law of Attraction definition put forth by Rhonda Byrne in THE SECRET. She drew upon the New Age Movement, and they claimed: Emotionalized thought pictures continuously visualized will be made manifest for the world to see.
                  The claim is if you visualize a future event as a present reality, and add emotion (belief) that God will respond, although they prefer to use Universe, a sub set of God, perhaps?
                  When I first started reading about LOA, I kept thinking that I was somehow misunderstanding what was being said. So I bought the book, and read it. Yup. Visualize what you want, and there it is.

                  I think the reason so many people are attracted to this way of thinking is.....it saves them from thinking "So, how does this work?" ..." What do I have to do to get this result?". Magic is so much more fun than reality. So much less effort. It requires so much less knowledge about how the world works.


                  Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post

                  The reason religion had/has so much conflict with New Age, is, most religions believe in a God who should be obeyed, the idea you can tell God what you want and he will give it to you is considered an affront to mainstream religion until the God wants you to be rich crowd came on the scene.
                  I've watched lots of those shows, to see how the speaker crafts their talk, to influence their audience. The reason (I think) that these "God wants you to be rich" guys are taking that approach is that it also appeals to greed. And all of us have a little greed in us. There is no reason not to exploit it. After all, like LOA...it requires so little work. And any monetary gain (like finally paying off your car) is attributed to divine intervention.




                  Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post

                  As I define LOA, I also say, it is magical thinking and Pablum for the masses who need it and has nothing to do with achievement, albeit, as thinking makes it so.
                  Just read the arguments used to support it. It's always an analogy. It's never cause and effect. Never critical thinking. Reality is the enemy here.




                  Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post

                  The reason so many are attracted to magic is, they never learned how life works, they accepted an adult's version when they were young and never grew out of that.

                  GordonJ
                  That is true. And I can make a promise here. Once someone knows how the magic is done, they can never go back to believing in it. Never.
                  {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11563364].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Master Blake
    Believing in fairy tales, angels, gnomes and elfs tickles my fancy.
    Actually there is no law of attraction but a synergy with other worlds.

    The dynamics involved are beyond any scope of logic.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11563199].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics