This is why you are stuck -->

37 replies
Hello fellow Warriors!

If you are reading this post, I want to let know you are not alone in being stuck in business and/or life. I'm sure you've read countless articles and watched hours of videos on tactics to being productive. The key word in that sentence was tactics, which suggests those are all surface level ways for those with a healthy personality. Being stuck right now means there's a misfire in your cognitive processing, which then means you do not have a healthy personality. How are all those tactics suppose to effectively work? They can't, at least not for the long term.

So, what is cognitive processing in relation to your personality? In short, I'm referencing your personality type (MBTI) and the respective cognitive functions. We're all familiar with what the 16 personality types are, and you may even know your type; however, what most of us don't know is that there's a cognition processing order that creates each specific type. We're like cars, and like cars there's a specific wiring order for the engine to run properly. There are 8 cognitive functions, specifically arranged, and are identified as introverted or extroverted and perceiving or judgement. Of the 8, we have a 4 primary set and a 4 shadow set; in other terms, think of a the first 4 as processors and the shadow 4 as cogs that move the information.

Okay, now to get into the science of how the cognitive process is causing you to become stuck. Think of a car and in this car you have the Driver, Parent 2, 2 yr old (behind driver) and a teen behind parent 2. In a normal healthy personality, the flow of data processing starts with the driver -> parent 2 -> 2yr old -> teenager. The driver is dominate and the teenager is inferior (less attention). In an unhealthy process, the 2 yr old starts throwing a temper and starts to distract the driver instead of playing with the teenager. And so, less communication is going to parent 2 and no communication is going to the teenager. In fact, the teenager is tuning everything out! And now you are stuck in a loop from Driver to 2 year old with parent 2 trying to manage.

How do you break this loop? Earlier I mentioned 4 shadow processes and of the 4 the 7th position is the communicator from 2yr old to teenager (position 3 to 4). The 7th position is a very weak position because a 2 yr old is trying to communicate to an unenthused teenager. All you have to do is become consciously aware of your blind spot and intentionally build that communicator up. And as a secondary, the parent 2 position should be strengthen to help better mitigate any future loops.
#> #stuck
Avatar of Unregistered
  • Profile picture of the author DABK
    Nah, man. I'm stuck coz I want mutually exclusive things: fast money and no work. That's what most people will tell you, if they were honest.


    Originally Posted by Wi11iam View Post

    Hello fellow Warriors!

    If you are reading this post, I want to let know you are not alone in being stuck in business and/or life. I'm sure you've read countless articles and watched hours of videos on tactics to being productive. The key word in that sentence was tactics, which suggests those are all surface level ways for those with a healthy personality. Being stuck right now means there's a misfire in your cognitive processing, which then means you do not have a healthy personality. How are all those tactics suppose to effectively work? They can't, at least not for the long term.

    So, what is cognitive processing in relation to your personality? In short, I'm referencing your personality type (MBTI) and the respective cognitive functions. We're all familiar with what the 16 personality types are, and you may even know your type; however, what most of us don't know is that there's a cognition processing order that creates each specific type. We're like cars, and like cars there's a specific wiring order for the engine to run properly. There are 8 cognitive functions, specifically arranged, and are identified as introverted or extroverted and perceiving or judgement. Of the 8, we have a 4 primary set and a 4 shadow set; in other terms, think of a the first 4 as processors and the shadow 4 as cogs that move the information.

    Okay, now to get into the science of how the cognitive process is causing you to become stuck. Think of a car and in this car you have the Driver, Parent 2, 2 yr old (behind driver) and a teen behind parent 2. In a normal healthy personality, the flow of data processing starts with the driver -> parent 2 -> 2yr old -> teenager. The driver is dominate and the teenager is inferior (less attention). In an unhealthy process, the 2 yr old starts throwing a temper and starts to distract the driver instead of playing with the teenager. And so, less communication is going to parent 2 and no communication is going to the teenager. In fact, the teenager is tuning everything out! And now you are stuck in a loop from Driver to 2 year old with parent 2 trying to manage.

    How do you break this loop? Earlier I mentioned 4 shadow processes and of the 4 the 7th position is the communicator from 2yr old to teenager (position 3 to 4). The 7th position is a very weak position because a 2 yr old is trying to communicate to an unenthused teenager. All you have to do is become consciously aware of your blind spot and intentionally build that communicator up. And as a secondary, the parent 2 position should be strengthen to help better mitigate any future loops.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11568735].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Odahh
    It takes a decade of education and many times hundreds of thousands spent or borrowed to pay for that education for most who make over 100 k to make that much .

    And someone buying a 39 dollar I'm product online thinks a few goal and the right 39 dollar product and they will go from making 10$ bucks an hour to 1000 a day in a few months or weeks .

    And as dbak said with little or no work .

    Dreaming and chasing a dream is not being stuck.

    This simple reason most people get stuck .is they refuse do do what is needed to fixed the problem or even figure out what the problem is . That really needs to be fixed in their lives .

    Then turn to some form of numbing the pain from the problem or escapism .unwilling to go through the pain needed to fix the problem .and why.

    Generally people believe it can't be fixed and It is not worth putting the effort in .

    I will say it again people are not stuck they just don't believe any effort they put in can fix the problem. So they turn to addictions to numb the pain or escapism .
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11568744].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tryinhere
    https://www.process.st/cognitive-functions/

    It would seem your article is spun from this page?
    Signature
    | > Choosing to go off the grid for a while to focus on family, work and life in general. Have a great 2020 < |
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11568750].message }}
  • Prob'ly easier to do the actual work than to spend time working through all that babble.
    Signature
    2020 Covid Narrative - How to lie to gullible people with statistics
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11568841].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author abbe77
    Most people stuck due to lack of focus and distracted by the shiny promises of "quick money". They become impatience and lose motivation. Fear is another factor which stops people to take steps in life.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11569522].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author GordonJ
    Originally Posted by Wi11iam View Post

    Hello fellow Warriors!
    .
    Fellow Warriors, if you ARE stuck, then...

    what cha gonna DO?

    OR, go ahead, get further bogged down with this sort of tripe. YOU choose.

    GordonJ
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11569532].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author brucespot
    I hear what you are saying about being stuck,but it can be plenty reason
    A person is stuck. In alot of cases in business, people are stuck because of
    Procrastination. I'm guilty of doing this, one is when Redbox franchise came Out,
    I received a letter and then I talk with a coach to buy a few boxes, it was only
    $3500 to become a franchise only. I told him I would wait to see what blockbuster
    Does even through I had the money to buy 3 Redbox machines. Long story short,
    Blockbuster was going out of business be of Redbox, I called Redbox personal to
    Become a franchise owner, the prize had gotten so high that I couldn't even afford
    to buy one box.

    From that experience, I realize that procrastination on great ideas can leave you
    With regrets. We only live once so why not take risk to enhance our short stay
    on earth.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11569703].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author abbe77
      Originally Posted by brucespot View Post

      I hear what you are saying about being stuck,but it can be plenty reason
      A person is stuck. In alot of cases in business, people are stuck because of
      Procrastination. I'm guilty of doing this, one is when Redbox franchise came Out,
      I received a letter and then I talk with a coach to buy a few boxes, it was only
      $3500 to become a franchise only. I told him I would wait to see what blockbuster
      Does even through I had the money to buy 3 Redbox machines. Long story short,
      Blockbuster was going out of business be of Redbox, I called Redbox personal to
      Become a franchise owner, the prize had gotten so high that I couldn't even afford
      to buy one box.

      From that experience, I realize that procrastination on great ideas can leave you
      With regrets. We only live once so why not take risk to enhance our short stay
      on earth.


      I think this may be the DIFFERENCE between Entrepreneur / Investor and Procrastinator. First one takes the RISK and HOPE FOR THE FUTURE while the other wants to see the RESULTS first.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11569719].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author DomMitton
    How 95% people make decisions:

    Feeling > Action > Decision

    How 5% people make decisions:

    Decision > Action > Feeling
    Just saw this in one video and it's totally true. If you don't feel like going to gym, you'll probably make some lame excuse how you need to rest your muscle...

    Instead, turn off your emotions and do what you said you were going to do.

    I'm still making some of my decisions based on feelings, but I've improved a lot.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11569860].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Odahh
      Originally Posted by DomMitton View Post

      Just saw this in one video and it's totally true. If you don't feel like going to gym, you'll probably make some lame excuse how you need to rest your muscle...

      Instead, turn off your emotions and do what you said you were going to do.

      I'm still making some of my decisions based on feelings, but I've improved a lot.
      And there is the problem .why where you going to the gym in the first place.

      And was going to the gym the only way to get that thing you wanted.

      If I believe I need to eat more salad and vegetables to have a healthier diet .

      I will learn to make a salad that I find tastes real good .so prefer eating the salad over something else.

      And I will learn how to cook and prepare vegatables so they taste really good ..verse boiling a the flavor out if them or steaming them to a flavor death .

      And don't bother with the bran muffins at the coffee shop . The chocolate covered cream filled doughnut you will enjoy eating more has less sugar and calories .

      People have been so missed about what they need to do by so called experts .that many are not stuck the have given up trying .
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11570585].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author abbe77
        Good example of thinking "Out of Box"
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11570797].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Odahh
          Originally Posted by abbe77 View Post

          Good example of thinking "Out of Box"
          Late with this response .

          But there is no box to think in or out of .

          Why are you doing something,what results do you want .

          Once you know the result you really want . A large amount of options present themselves to get that result .
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11572060].message }}
    • Originally Posted by DomMitton View Post

      If you don't feel like going to gym, you'll probably make some lame excuse how you need to rest your muscle...

      Instead, turn off your emotions and do what you said you were going to do.

      I'm still making some of my decisions based on feelings, but I've improved a lot.
      That's not how it works.

      The reason you don't go to the gym is because getting healthy or losing weight is not a priority. When it comes to the moment you decide to go, or not, your choice tells you exactly what you 'wanted' most.

      The same with procrastination. If you don't do the work, it's because you don't want to. Otherwise you would do it.

      You always choose what you want to do.

      You can wish you wanted something else, but you can't want to want something else.
      Signature
      2020 Covid Narrative - How to lie to gullible people with statistics
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11582882].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author 1Bryan
        Originally Posted by Declan O Flaherty View Post

        You always choose what you want to do.
        If that's true, then all of neuroscience is wrong.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11582989].message }}
        • Originally Posted by 1Bryan View Post

          If that's true, then all of neuroscience is wrong.


          How you can choose to do something you don't want to do unless it's by force? Even then you would choose what you want, because if a gun is put to your head and you are forced to do something you wouldn't normally do, you are still doing what you want. You want to live more than you want to NOT do that thing. You always choose what you want. Always.

          You can use exercise as an example because it's something no one wants to do. However, the reason people exercise is because they 'want' the results more than they don't want to exercise.

          You can say that we have no free will and our decisions are determined. However, when I say 'you' I am referring to 'you' as a choice your brain made too. My signature should give you a hint on where I stand on this issue.

          You DO what you want. You can't do otherwise unless you can go back in time and prove you were capable of making a different decision than the one you chose, which was out of, and for, your own self interest.

          If neuroscience says different, then yes, neuroscience is wrong.

          Have you ever did something you didn't want to do?
          Have you ever did something that wasn't for your own self interest?
          Signature
          2020 Covid Narrative - How to lie to gullible people with statistics
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11583106].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author 1Bryan
            Originally Posted by Declan O Flaherty View Post

            How you can choose to do something you don't want to do unless it's by force? Even then you would choose what you want, because if a gun is put to your head and you are forced to do something you wouldn't normally do, you are still doing what you want. You want to live more than you want to NOT do that thing. You always choose what you want. Always.

            You can use exercise as an example because it's something no one wants to do. However, the reason people exercise is because they 'want' the results more than they don't want to exercise.

            You can say that we have no free will and our decisions are determined. However, when I say 'you' I am referring to 'you' as a choice your brain made too. My signature should give you a hint on where I stand on this issue.

            You DO what you want. You can't do otherwise unless you can go back in time and prove you were capable of making a different decision than the one you chose, which was out of, and for, your own self interest.

            If neuroscience says different, then yes, neuroscience is wrong.

            Have you ever did something you didn't want to do?
            Have you ever did something that wasn't for your own self interest?
            Do you understand neuroscience? It's not a thought exercise. There's an actual hard science to it.

            I'll give you this simple example -- the prefrontal cortex is responsible for impulse control and focus. That part of the brain does most of it's development in teens and early 20s. Around age 25 is when it's fully developed.

            A large chunk of the population has had some measurable "damage" done to that part of the brain. Those people? Will have a hard time focusing on things, no matter how much they want to.

            And there's a long-winded biochemical explanation for that. But it's not really a "choice" ... to you it may look like that.

            But just like you are not your customer?

            You are also not other human beings. You don't know why they do what they do all the time. Hubris may trick you.

            But neuroscience has not been proven wrong. Sorry.

            I'll add this -- customers of Walmart -- all think they know exactly how Walmart works. But as someone that worked every department at one time I can tell ya --

            They don't. Haha. Not even close. I see it all the time when biz folk try to use Walmart as an example and they get it WRONG most of the time. Like WAAY wrong.

            The brain is WAAAY more complicated than that. The human brain is the most complex thing we have currently identified in the entire universe.

            https://today.uconn.edu/2018/03/comp...ject-universe/

            But ... you know exactly how it works, eh?

            Sure you do.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11583302].message }}
            • Originally Posted by 1Bryan View Post

              Do you understand neuroscience? It's not a thought exercise. There's an actual hard science to it.
              Who said it was a thought experiment? I certainly didn't.

              Read my posts again.

              Originally Posted by 1Bryan View Post

              But it's not really a "choice" ... to you it may look like that.
              Hence, the illusion of free will.

              I will exercise or I won't. By definition, that's a choice between two things. I may not have a say in the decision my brain makes before it hits my conscious mind, but to say there's no choice is to say my brain will ALWAYS decide in ONE direction. However, with new information, like a heat attack, I now exercise, when in the past, I didn't.

              Again, it's always just ONE decision my brain makes, but to say there isn't a choice, is to say there was never a choice, and to have never been a choice, is to imply there's only ONE way. There may be one decision, but there's never just one way.

              Semantics, eh?

              Originally Posted by 1Bryan View Post

              You are also not other human beings. You don't know why they do what they do all the time. Hubris may trick you.
              You're not talking to a bunch of 8th graders here.

              Originally Posted by 1Bryan View Post

              But neuroscience has not been proven wrong. Sorry.
              Where did I try prove it to be wrong? I'm with neuroscience on this one.

              Don't be sorry. Just don't make the mistake again. Apologies are unnecessary.

              Originally Posted by 1Bryan View Post

              I'll add this -- customers of Walmart -- all think they know exactly how Walmart works. But as someone that worked every department at one time I can tell ya --

              They don't. Haha. Not even close. I see it all the time when biz folk try to use Walmart as an example and they get it WRONG most of the time. Like WAAY wrong.
              You've said nothing here. You do that a lot. You do realise you're in a marketing forum, right? Preach to the choir one more time brother.

              Originally Posted by 1Bryan View Post

              The brain is WAAAY more complicated than that. The human brain is the most complex thing we have currently identified in the entire universe.

              https://today.uconn.edu/2018/03/comp...ject-universe/

              But ... you know exactly how it works, eh?

              Sure you do.
              The brain is complicated? Cheers. Didn't know that.

              Where did I say anything about knowing exactly how the brain works? You either unknowingly or willingly strip context out of valid points to prove an argument you have no need to make.

              It seems you are making the argument that we don't choose; it just feels like we do, right? Why did you need to make that point when I have already said that I don 't believe we have free will? Just think about that and let it sink in.

              Here's how you can try prove me wrong: Scroll up. Find my posts. Take out whatever point I made, that you don't agree with. Put it in a quote. And then tell me, and everyone else reading, what exactly about that point you think is wrong. Because right now, all you're doing is saying a bunch of stuff I already know, that confirms what I have already said. It's so weird you can't see that.

              Do it now while you're here.

              Oh, and keep it in context. You seem to have a habit of ignoring context. You did it in another thread earlier. Again, all to make yourself feel smart. But hey, it's your conditioned brain that does it anyway.

              And keep in mind the 9 words in my signature before you start spouting neurosciencey stuff to make yourself feel smart.
              Signature
              2020 Covid Narrative - How to lie to gullible people with statistics
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11583414].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Odahh
          Originally Posted by 1Bryan View Post

          If that's true, then all of neuroscience is wrong.



          blah blah blah.

          people want dopamine hits and endorphin rushes thats the basic drive ..that is neuroscience in an over simplified quote .

          in any case people suffer through a workweek so they earn the dopamine hit hthey get from the drugs they buy or any number of indulgences ..

          some people actually get their dopamine hits from the work they do.. or the workouts they do.. or eating the proper food that make them feel better
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11583198].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author 1Bryan
        Originally Posted by Declan O Flaherty View Post

        That's not how it works.

        The reason you don't go to the gym is because getting healthy or losing weight is not a priority. When it comes to the moment you decide to go, or not, your choice tells you exactly what you 'wanted' most.

        The same with procrastination. If you don't do the work, it's because you don't want to. Otherwise you would do it.

        You always choose what you want to do.

        You can wish you wanted something else, but you can't want to want something else.
        This doesn't sound like the words of someone who doesn't believe in free will. And your explanation for it -- isn't science based. It's more or less blah blah philosophy. The kind that college freshman think is super duper deep as they pass the bong. Haha.

        You literally said -- "You always choose what you want to do"

        That's free will.

        I'm done.

        P.S. Also - posing questions is what's called a thought exercise. When you ask a question like "Have you ever done something you didn't want to do?

        That's literally what a thought exercise is.

        Also neuroscience hasn't proven no free will at all. That's not the position it takes. What it has shown is that there's a lot less free will than we think.

        Absolutes is kinda the domain of religion/philosophy.

        Not science.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11583479].message }}
        • Originally Posted by 1Bryan View Post


          You literally said -- "You always choose what you want to do"

          That's free will.

          I'm done.

          I wasn't replying to a post in the neuroscience section of the forum. I used the word 'choose' in the spirit of the thread topic. You clearly like to strip context out of everything, don't you?


          Originally Posted by 1Bryan View Post

          P.S. Also - posing questions is what's called a thought exercise. When you ask a question like "Have you ever done something you didn't want to do?

          That's literally what a thought exercise is.

          I know what a thought experiment is. I posed the question. So what? I didn't pose the question and then say that that's what neuroscientists are doing to understand free will, did I?


          Originally Posted by 1Bryan View Post

          Also neuroscience hasn't proven no free will at all. That's not the position it takes. What it has shown is that there's a lot less free will than we think.

          Absolutes is kinda the domain of religion/philosophy.

          Not science.

          I never said, nor would I, that neuroscience has proven no free will. Why would I?
          Signature
          2020 Covid Narrative - How to lie to gullible people with statistics
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11583496].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author 1Bryan
            Originally Posted by Declan O Flaherty View Post

            I wasn't replying to a post in the neuroscience section of the forum. I used the word 'choose' in the spirit of the thread topic. You clearly like to strip context out of everything, don't you?





            I know what a thought experiment is. I posed the question. So what? I didn't pose the question and then say that that's what neuroscientists are doing to understand free will, did I?





            I never said, nor would I, that neuroscience has proven no free will. Why would I?
            It's like arguing with someone who starts off on the far left of the spectrum and ends up on the far right or vice versa.

            Have fun ;-)
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11583507].message }}
            • Originally Posted by 1Bryan View Post

              It's like arguing with someone who starts off on the far left of the spectrum and ends up on the far right or vice versa.

              Have fun ;-)

              So, either I changed by entire belief system in one day, or you stripped context from something I said and bas-tard-ized it to suit your own agenda. Which, by the way, is not the first time you've done this.

              Never wrestle with a pig. You know the rest. Have fun in the dirt.
              Signature
              2020 Covid Narrative - How to lie to gullible people with statistics
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11583632].message }}
  • Gotta figure either you flew into a FLYTRAP

    or you buzzin' round at random for want of lure steada snare.

    Equally here we see fyootyures kinda trashed.

    Naht that we can command mercy from the Cosmos bcs we Thanos or nuthin' --

    jus' -- hey, how flexibility is a necessarily juicy kinda mindset

    for when elsewhere stuffs wanna glue on your ass an' stifle you out.

    So I would wanna invest always in the immodesty of transition.
    Signature

    Lightin' fuses is for blowin' stuff togethah.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11572077].message }}
    • Jus' wanna clarify Wayback Moi here.


      If only to quit evrywan smackin' 'emselves in the tits.



      Originally Posted by Princess Balestra View Post

      Gotta figure either you flew into a FLYTRAP


      gun at head, or sumthin'


      or you buzzin' round at random for want of lure steada snare.


      easiest way for inherent wantiness to self-abuse its ass c/o VAMPMEISTERS


      Equally here we see fyootyures kinda trashed.


      bcs TRAPPED or LOST


      Naht that we can command mercy from the Cosmos bcs we Thanos or nuthin' --


      ha! bcs since when did the Cosmos evah value Agents Fulla Purpose whose Purpose kinda fwarkoes on evrywan else?


      jus' -- hey, how flexibility is a necessarily juicy kinda mindset


      so I would wanna pick up here on viewin' individyool wantin' as a day to day assesssment of where u at with stuff -- incloodin' evrythin' you might wanna assoom 'bout evrywan else in your zackly the diffrent kinda same predicament


      which means kinda figurin' how we either slaves to our wants -- or mistress types.


      Gotta figure wantin' is inevitable, but in our wantishness we gotta see how all our shades of wantin', as we engage with other wanters, got real flooid potential always.


      for when elsewhere stuffs wanna glue on your ass an' stifle you out.


      Your wants vs mine, Sweetie. So what's YOUR frickin' offah kinda drowns my contribyootion out?

      So I would wanna invest always in the immodesty of transition.

      bcs back in the Beholden Days, gals nevah dreamed 'bout real cool undergarments cos mosta the rags tuggin' on their sensitive areahs were Medieval theme parks for generations of maggots. Dunno 'bout you, but I am beyond ecstatic we quit wantin' that crapola.

      Such hoobris to quote musself, I know -- but why in hell would mosta you scratch X aftah X aftah X in the NO box of the questionnaire asks would you like to hear more from Princess Balestra? when Q actschwlly means Queue?


      * I jokin' here bcs I jus' burned dinnah an' I am ragin' against the planet like it could hear my evry soulful WAAARGH*


      Pitches for MAGGOT-ENHANCED swimwear may now follow.

      If'n nowan else ain't assed, mebbe ima write 'em.
      Signature

      Lightin' fuses is for blowin' stuff togethah.

      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11583539].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Wi11iam
    Hey Guys, thank you all for the responses. I thought I responded to some of y'all individually; however, all my responses got thrown to the bottom. It's been a while since I've posted on here. So I'll just make a general comment to address a few things...

    Several of y'all talked about getting stuck is because of _______. That's true in the since thats the result/symptom of how your subconscious mind processed the information through your filters and cognitive functions. For example, your wiring process isn't procrastination, no that's a result of emotions and thoughts and experiences. Your wiring process isn't the emotion fear, instead, fear is generated based on the information that caused the stimulus.

    Think of this wiring process as it's the difference between me being wired as a left hand you are right handed. Or me not being able to feel the rhythm in music and others can. Or why some like sauerkraut and others hate it. It's all about how we are wired.
    Signature

    William C. Hopkins

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11572585].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Odahh
    As someone who has change my wiring where I could and learned to adjust around core wiring .

    Although what you say is accurate it is so general or like the op so wrapped in sophisticated lingo. It is nearly useless .

    Being right or left handed is core wiring very little you can do to change it without either smutating or completely losing the use of your dominate hand . Then the wiring may adjust over time and you could learn to use you foot to get nearly as much use as your hand.

    But sauerkraut for 34 years of my life I hated eating fish any kind of fish save libstrrsnd shrimp.

    Then when I learned to cook I started cooking fish I liked to eat now I have no trouble eating fish.

    Never had saurkraut but the last few years I have learned to like good Korean kim chi .so it could lead to saurkraut once I add certain herbs and spices .

    I have my view on procrastination but I will put off Sharing them untill the next tread on beating procrastination or the thread after that one.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11572741].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author EmotionalBillionaires
    Banned
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11574135].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author DABK
      People are stuck because they are stuck? What a novel idea.

      Originally Posted by EmotionalBillionaires View Post

      Well I would say the main thing why people are stuck is because they are either stuck in the past or in the future. Subconscious blocks which don't allow to move forward.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11574146].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author tagiscom
    I am stuck because l haven't been paid!

    Can't invest online with nothing!

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11582897].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Frank Donovan
    On the subject of choice, neuroscience seems to offer support to Schopenhauer's insight that "a man can do as he wills but cannot will as he wills".

    I've just gone back over this thread - looks to me like 1Bryan and Declan are actually arguing on the same side.
    Signature
    TOP TIP: To browse the forum like a Pro, select "View Classic" from the drop-down menu under your user name.

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11583305].message }}
    • Originally Posted by Frank Donovan View Post

      On the subject of choice, neuroscience seems to offer support to Schopenhauer's insight that "a man can do as he wills but cannot will as he wills".

      I've just gone back over this thread - looks to me like 1Bryan and Declan are actually arguing on the same side.
      A little side step. I see it all the time here and elsewhere. Two intelligent people arguing the same thing. It happens when a statement is interpreted in the worst way, and argued from that position. Usually (not here) it starts with "So you're saying that..."

      And Schopenhauer said it better than I ever did. The best I ever came up with was...you can make choices, but you can't chose what those choices will be.
      Signature
      One Call Closing book https://www.amazon.com/One-Call-Clos...=1527788418&sr

      Terence Fletcher: "There are no two words in the English language more harmful than Good Job." Whiplash.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11583485].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Frank Donovan
        Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

        A little side step. I see it all the time here and elsewhere. Two intelligent people arguing the same thing. It happens when a statement is interpreted in the worst way, and argued from that position. Usually (not here) it starts with "So you're saying that..."
        So you're saying that they have no choice but to argue... ?

        Signature
        TOP TIP: To browse the forum like a Pro, select "View Classic" from the drop-down menu under your user name.

        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11583487].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Odahh
        Originally Posted by Claude Whitacre View Post

        A little side step. I see it all the time here and elsewhere. Two intelligent people arguing the same thing. It happens when a statement is interpreted in the worst way, and argued from that position. Usually (not here) it starts with "So you're saying that..."

        And Schopenhauer said it better than I ever did. The best I ever came up with was...you can make choices, but you can't chose what those choices will be.
        Well don't leave out the probabity that one of the people is arguing in a way just to argue ..because there is little to no danger arguing with someone you may never meet

        There is some kind of reward and no risk
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11583488].message }}
        • Originally Posted by Odahh View Post

          Well don't leave out the probabity that one of the people is arguing in a way just to argue ..because there is little to no danger arguing with someone you may never meet

          There is some kind of reward and no risk

          To be fair, that could be the case on my end, to a degree. With ADHD, sometimes I react in ways that aren't productive.
          Signature
          2020 Covid Narrative - How to lie to gullible people with statistics
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11583503].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Odahh
    [DELETED]
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11583486].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author 1Bryan
      Originally Posted by Odahh View Post

      That is obvious to many here but it worth going into detail in from someone who got the degree in human behavior working at wallmart.
      I'm from New York and that would sound like a sarcastic jab here. Is that your intention?

      I know someone who got a PhD while working at McDonald's. And I never said I had a degree in human behavior OR neuroscience, which are 2 different disciplines.

      On the surface, psychology appears to drive human behavior. Okay, but what they have found is that brain chemistry is what drives psychology.

      It's what's under the hood.

      It's more like this: Brain Chemistry => Psychology => Behavior

      You can do your own research. We live in a cool time. You can learn stuff without having to go to Harvard haha.

      This is a good primer: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...WWVcBMEPbMUirQ

      Addiction is a simple way to understand it. Drugs change a person's brain chemistry. Which changes their psychology. Which changes their behavior.

      I'll give you a practical example --

      If you know when a person's dopamine spikes high, and you send them a sales message at that time, they are much more likely to respond to that offer.

      But cortisol, the stress hormone, makes people less likely to take action. So if you send a sales message to a stressed out business person, they are less likely to respond.

      That's why you ask clerical staff about when they are stressed out and when they are relaxed and make your calls then. Science is fun that way. It can make your sales process waaay more effective and efficient.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11583498].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Odahh
    I agree with much of what you said .

    But it is circular..so behavior then changes the chemistry and effects the phycology and the behavior .

    And it is more the entire biological stare if the body not just the chemistry of the brain

    At some point we can intervene consciously and effect the cycle ..the default in our society is medications. And illegal drugs. Rather than fixing the biological.and other environmental factors.

    There is a percentage of people with enough brain damage ..there is rely not much help for them at this point . If you have run into a crystal Methodist ..arguing with the air in front of them even when not tweaking .

    The choice we have to make is how we spoke our dopamine .do we use impulsive things that work in the short term and make things worse triggering guilt stress and other negatives ..you get in a cycle turning to another impulsive act.

    But there are positive ways that are different for people to spike endorphins but that is an individual journey..
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11583511].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Joey Grant
    Stop spinning the wheels and you'll be unstuck in no time flat.

    Believe people and let the magic happen.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[11586330].message }}
Avatar of Unregistered

Trending Topics