It didn't make me rich.
I didn't make me rich finding out what someone else was doing and doing it better.
I've made lots of software, SaaS platforms, websites for companies, etc. etc. That didn't make me rich.
Affiliate marketing didn't make me rich either.
So.. what did I do to get rich starting in 2012? The answer is all of the above. But the secret key was.....Did I reinvest in my business and make it grow, no?
I took every dollar out of my business and never took debt from others. I skinned it alive.
So how did that make me rich? It gave me the time and money to...
- Investing: Buying a house and paying it off and rolling up to bigger houses that gain more in value as the market goes up. The stock market goes up 10% on average yearly.
- Refinancing debt: Getting payments lower on my house which is half of what rents go for in the area.
- Continually learning new programming libraries, building things, read read read.
- More free time that a teenager.
Sure internet marketing made me money.
But it didn't make me rich.
What I did with my money made me rich but kept me from being a whole lot richer.
Now why am I not richer?
- Louis Vuitton
- Traveling with 4 people everywhere and paying for it (wife and kids)
- Being afraid of taxes and having to pay a ton of fines and fees downline when you want a house
- Not growing my own weed
- Spending thousands upon thousands going out to eat
- Not sticking every dollar I made in the stock market in ETFs that track indexes and sector baskets
- The list goes on. It was a state of mind.
Point being, when you are poor or middle class for that matter. And you never really had much. You'll soon find yourself indulging pretty hard. Not everyone. But I sure did. It felt good. It made everyone happy: the kids and wife.
I realized if I'd of stuck my money in the stock market I'd made from affiliate marketing the last 10 years instead of all the crap I did above. I'd be worth $10mill+ just from that.
This is a motivational speech to let you know that you'll succeed if you have the talent to do so. No one can hold you back in this industry. Internet marketing and software development.
It's a speech to let you know the truth about all of this.
Invest your money in real estate and the stock market from your internet marketing. Get a nice big comfy house with a low payment. Find your happiness first once you've got some money.
My wife and I missed out on a $900,000 house earlier today because we'd spent out money on stupid things all these years. We didn't have the extra $110,000 cash to put down to get a conforming loan because they're not doing jumbo loans right now.
My kids are super pissed because it was a legit mansion that needed a half million in upgrades to bring it up to the $1.5 million market value.
Who cares I have $12k+ coming in from marketing stuff. I didn't invest it properly and now sit here in my $500k house among the homes I wish I had.
I hope whoever reads this can take something from it.
No I won't teach you how to make money online. Don't ask or I'll report you. You're welcome for sharing this in the first place.
Good luck and onward!