What are your personal success habits?

62 replies
Hi fellows,

I'd like to know which habits you found to be effective to increase your success.

What are the small things you do frequently that set you apart from other people?

One of my own habits as an example:
I got the habit of writing down my thoughts. I store them on my harddisc and on my websites and I found this to be extremely effective to increase my knowledge and the frequency of getting ideas.


Trey
#habits #personal #success
  • Profile picture of the author sandra.IMqueen
    Good question Trey. Mine is similar to yours. Each day, I take time to review my day - what I did well, where I could have done better. I don't beat myself up when I get it wrong, just be honest about it. And I celebrate my small successes.
    My other major success habit is to spend time, every day doing something that inspires me. That way, I am inspired whenI go about my business and others catch the buzz.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1613221].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Trey Walter
      Originally Posted by Shawn K. Castille View Post

      Hey that's funny Trey, when i saw the title the 1st thing that came to my mind was using my journal. I have found taking the advice of Mr. Jim Rohn to be one of the smartest things I have done in regards to personal development & business. At any given time you can canvass over your previous thoughts, ideas, notes, quotes, & questions and generate new ideas & solutions even if the entries are 3 years old. Best advice to anyone out their, start a journal. Computer or Moleskine, just do it.
      Word! For how long have you used your journal Shawn? Did you have any troubles with keeping the thoughts well-organized yet? Cause I started writing it all down about 4-5 months ago and I already find it hard to keep every piece of thought in the right place. My journal is kinda big already. I wonder how a journal looks after several years of constant input.

      Originally Posted by sandra.IMqueen View Post

      Good question Trey. Mine is similar to yours. Each day, I take time to review my day - what I did well, where I could have done better. I don't beat myself up when I get it wrong, just be honest about it. And I celebrate my small successes.
      That's one nice habit you got Sandra! I used to do the same thing for one or two weeks some time ago and unfortunately, it didn't become a habit for me. But I plan including it in my evening ritual again.

      Originally Posted by sandra.IMqueen View Post

      My other major success habit is to spend time, every day doing something that inspires me. That way, I am inspired whenI go about my business and others catch the buzz.
      Could you give an example for this one please? I'm not really sure if I'm getting it right..
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1613992].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author janmck
    Mine personally is taking risks, in other words, i always go for the: READY, FIRE, AIM instead of just going for READY, AIM............ And forget to FIRE. hehe!

    I'm also motivated by this new free ebook I got about taking and managing risks and how it can affect our lives and successes in our business.

    I want to share it with you too so you can read and download the free ebook. Download the free ebook here: http://bit.ly/areyouatrisk

    So now are you willing to take risks? Read and download the free ebook. It's very inspiring.
    Signature
    --Janmck Hilado--
    Make Money Online Business Opportunities - Get Your FREE 7-Day Tutorial On Setting Up Your Own Internet Cash Machine And My One-Click Facebook Marketing Ebook!

    And Don't Forget To Visit The Best Places In The World
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1614233].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Eric Nishio
      Journals are great. But one thing I've noticed is that you should never leave home without taking it with you. You can get really good ideas while walking to the station or while sitting in a bus, and it sucks if you fail to hold on to those ideas. Some ideas get easily lost. This is one of the main reasons (or excuses) why I bought an iPhone. It's so easy to take notes with it when I don't have my shoulder bag with me.
      Signature
      Self-Learner
      Teach yourself success.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1614402].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Trey Walter
        Originally Posted by janmck View Post

        Mine personally is taking risks, in other words, i always go for the: READY, FIRE, AIM instead of just going for READY, AIM............ And forget to FIRE. hehe!

        I'm also motivated by this new free ebook I got about taking and managing risks and how it can affect our lives and successes in our business.

        I want to share it with you too so you can read and download the free ebook. Download the free ebook here: Are You At Risk? A Free Ebook Report By Stephen Pierce | No Other Than Janmck

        So now are you willing to take risks? Read and download the free ebook. It's very inspiring.
        Very interesting, may I ask how you developed that habit? Did you consciously decide to do so after any specific event (like having read anything about risks) or did it just come naturally to you?

        And by the way: I'll have a look at that ebook later. Sounds promising.

        Originally Posted by Eric Nishio View Post

        Journals are great. But one thing I've noticed is that you should never leave home without taking it with you. You can get really good ideas while walking to the station or while sitting in a bus, and it sucks if you fail to hold on to those ideas. Some ideas get easily lost. This is one of the main reasons (or excuses) why I bought an iPhone. It's so easy to take notes with it when I don't have my shoulder bag with me.
        True words Eric. If you don't take your journal with you, then you'd better have some really strong mnemonics.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1614739].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author sandra.IMqueen
          Keeping a journal has played a huge part in my success. It allows me to express so much including things I didn't not even know needed expressing. ( that's the magic of thr quiet still moments), It helps me to keep moving forward.

          But most important of all my journal is the place where I learn more about myself and being the best that I can be. And it is through journalling that I realised that i did not want to die with a life full of regrets.

          So if I feel called to do something I will try it. I mean the worst thing that can happen is I discover something. At the end of the day I will have no regrets and you won't hear me saying " I wish I had......"
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1614782].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Marketstriker
          I find the idea with journal really effective personal habit. I write down my thoughts also to my journal in Word. I usually use it to make my ideas clear and create some plan.
          Originally Posted by sandra.IMqueen View Post

          I don't beat myself up when I get it wrong, just be honest about it.
          When I analyze my actions I don't beat myself, but try to write what can I do better next time.

          Originally Posted by Eric Nishio View Post

          You can get really good ideas while walking to the station or while sitting in a bus, and it sucks if you fail to hold on to those ideas.
          iPhone is great. As far as I don't have it I use audio recorder on my cell phone to catch really good ideas.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1614791].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SandraLarkin
    Banned
    For me it is really dealing with success and failure as well as positivity and negativity. Things can go from success to failure very fast and it is weathering that storm and addin more and more success, daily as possible. The more you add the longer it stays.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1614859].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Marketstriker
      Originally Posted by SandraLarkin View Post

      For me it is really dealing with success and failure as well as positivity and negativity.
      I used to think about failure as negative result. Now I see a failure as some kind of a lesson I had opportunity to pass. And it helps to overcome it. Anyway people do mistakes and plans fail from time to time. Only a leader and a winner can succeed after failure.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1617151].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Trey Walter
        Originally Posted by sandra.IMqueen View Post

        So if I feel called to do something I will try it. I mean the worst thing that can happen is I discover something. At the end of the day I will have no regrets and you won't hear me saying " I wish I had......"
        Do you find it easy to just "try" those things or do you apply any additional methods to bring yourself to do them?

        Originally Posted by Marketstriker View Post

        When I analyze my actions I don't beat myself, but try to write what can I do better next time.
        Got any special methods for analyzing your actions? Or do you just use some kind of normal thinking about it?

        Originally Posted by SandraLarkin View Post

        Things can go from success to failure very fast and it is weathering that storm and addin more and more success, daily as possible.
        Do you set small daily goals? 'Cause I think that's an effective way to add success on a daily basis.

        Originally Posted by Marketstriker View Post

        I used to think about failure as negative result. Now I see a failure as some kind of a lesson I had opportunity to pass. And it helps to overcome it. Anyway people do mistakes and plans fail from time to time. Only a leader and a winner can succeed after failure.
        Completely agree with you Marketstriker. I regard the downs of life as forerunners of change. This way I experience some kind of strange motivation as soon as I'm feeling bad.


        Oh and by the way: Thanks for all those great answers! Please keep it up.

        Trey
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1617499].message }}
        • Profile picture of the author Marketstriker
          Yes, actually. I write my thoughts down in journal. It helps to put it in a good order. Besides I have opportunity to focus on changes.
          {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1619026].message }}
          • Profile picture of the author sandra.IMqueen
            when I feel compelled to 'try things' my approach will vary.

            If it is something simple i'll just do it. If it is a business matter i'll speak with a champion - you know someone who knows what they are talking about. I'll then take their advice into account and act in the way that is best for me.

            At other times I just ask myself what is the fear that is stopping me from giving something a try and when I know what that is then I can face the fear.
            {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1619945].message }}
            • Profile picture of the author Trey Walter
              Originally Posted by Marketstriker View Post

              Yes, actually. I write my thoughts down in journal. It helps to put it in a good order. Besides I have opportunity to focus on changes.
              Yeah, that's right. Thanks for clarifying.

              Originally Posted by sandra.IMqueen View Post

              when I feel compelled to 'try things' my approach will vary.

              If it is something simple i'll just do it. If it is a business matter i'll speak with a champion - you know someone who knows what they are talking about. I'll then take their advice into account and act in the way that is best for me.

              At other times I just ask myself what is the fear that is stopping me from giving something a try and when I know what that is then I can face the fear.
              So your approach is kinda rational. Probably requires some training to actually face the fear though.


              By the way, Albert Einstein once said something very interesting:
              "It's not that I'm smart - I just stick with problems longer."

              Sticking with problems longer than the average guy is one of my habits as well and it really increased my problem solving abilities.
              {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1625143].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SuzukiE
    I get up at 4am everyday with a couple of people I live with before they head off to work/school and we sit at the dining room table and read something positive to set ourselves up for the day. We each keep a blank journal so we can take notes on what we are reading and do some self reflection. We'll sit there, read and journal for 45 minutes. At the end of the 45 minutes, we will each take turns about what we have learned from what we read. Then, we each go on with our day. We do this daily exercise during the week to hold each other accountable. We are weak in our natural selves and so it helps to have a "mastermind" group or friends who can hold you to the things you say you want to do. It has been so helpful to me. I can share my struggles and get positive feedback and get "spurred on" to do the "grunt work" to help me get to where I want to go. We are each devoted to helping each other achieve our goals.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1625194].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Trey Walter
      Originally Posted by Emi_Suzuki View Post

      I get up at 4am everyday with a couple of people I live with before they head off to work/school and we sit at the dining room table and read something positive to set ourselves up for the day. We each keep a blank journal so we can take notes on what we are reading and do some self reflection. We'll sit there, read and journal for 45 minutes. At the end of the 45 minutes, we will each take turns about what we have learned from what we read. Then, we each go on with our day. We do this daily exercise during the week to hold each other accountable. We are weak in our natural selves and so it helps to have a "mastermind" group or friends who can hold you to the things you say you want to do. It has been so helpful to me. I can share my struggles and get positive feedback and get "spurred on" to do the "grunt work" to help me get to where I want to go. We are each devoted to helping each other achieve our goals.
      Now, that's some kind of special habit. Great stuff, Emi! I guess you're lucky to have people like this around you.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1629703].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SteveCThomas
    For me, my success habit is envision and work. Don't stop work until what I envision is in vision!
    Signature

    Steve
    Fungeezer

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1629707].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AwesomePossum
    Mine's kind of unique in it's own way:
    - I picked up journals and planning from trading.
    - I use meditation everyday as well as mental exercises to develop better focus and concentration. This greatly increases my productivity, creativity and efficiency.
    -I'm also a fanatic of consciously but carefully instilling beliefs into your subconscious. This gets rid of a lot of obstacles you would have to overcome manually while instills new values that eliminate limiting beliefs that could be holding you back.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1631423].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Steve Dailly
      For me personally, I write down my goals and thoughts in a journal.

      I have long term goals, but I have a strong focus on what I am going to attempt to do in my business in the month; and break it down into wee

      I have several mentors I try and keep in contact with each week.

      I try and read, listen to or watch anything that will motivate towards my goals on a daily basis.

      As I have a regular job at the moment I try and work 2-3 hours a
      night, working around 8-10 hours at the weekend, and have 1
      day off to recharge the batteries.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1632313].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author Trey Walter
        Originally Posted by SteveCThomas View Post

        For me, my success habit is envision and work. Don't stop work until what I envision is in vision!
        Simple yet effective I guess.

        Originally Posted by AwesomePossum View Post

        Mine's kind of unique in it's own way:
        - I picked up journals and planning from trading.
        - I use meditation everyday as well as mental exercises to develop better focus and concentration. This greatly increases my productivity, creativity and efficiency.
        -I'm also a fanatic of consciously but carefully instilling beliefs into your subconscious. This gets rid of a lot of obstacles you would have to overcome manually while instills new values that eliminate limiting beliefs that could be holding you back.
        Awesome. Could you tell us what kind of mental exercises you use and how you influence your subconsciousness? Do you use self hypnosis or autosuggestion?

        Originally Posted by daillyprofits View Post

        I try and read, listen to or watch anything that will motivate towards my goals on a daily basis.
        Yeah, motivation on a daily basis contributes a lot to your success. Still, there are few people who actually do it. Keep it up.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1632506].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AwesomePossum
    Here's how I personally reach my subconscious:
    I understand that all beliefs are a result of conditioning and our conscious alone is what determines what we believe; our conscious is the gateway to our subconscious. I also know that once your subconscious believes, your work is done. We are people of being not doing.

    With this in mind, I know for that once I believe something I will become it. I'm incredibly driven by logic and I feel that this is the factor that actually helps me the most in programming my subconscious.

    I know that everything I've ever come to believe is through pure coincidence and conditioning and that I can control what comes in and out.

    After logic my method is this. I only listen carefully to the most experienced and powerful people in human history. What they passionately believe, I will give my attention to.

    So in other words, I first understood how the mind works then instilled and believed the underlying principles and values that have created and generated the greatest of all time. Here's why: if Napoleon the Great believed the same thing as Benjamin Franklin, it more than likely has validity.

    The rest takes care of itself.

    --I'm studying this current approach(but not yet applying this) at subconscious-secrets.com. It's very applicable and very cheap($37 is nothing given the value) if you'd like it. I'm making no money of these sales : 0 -- This is what I'm going to use inf the future.

    As far as mental exercises go:
    I bought reading genius by one of my favorite gurus Ed Strachar(he's studied and learned from some amazing people). It's very good and I just go through an hour or two of exercises in the gym a day. The results are incredible but it's a fairly expensive course.

    I read things that make me think but what I still interesting (SI, Accelerated learning, Quantum Physics, ect.)

    Meditation is invaluable in this area as well.

    Also, I have a practical exercise that I use too throughout my day. This will rshow great value after just a few short weeks. Here it is: Take a coin or something else metallic and/or shiny. Then focus completely along the EDGES of that object and try to move it with your mind. Do this exercise 5 times/week for a half hour every day and you'll boost your IQ up 5-15 points! Your benefits will be much greater than IQ though

    Hope this helped!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1632715].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Marketstriker
      Originally Posted by AwesomePossum View Post

      Here's how I personally reach my subconscious:
      Also, I have a practical exercise that I use too throughout my day. This will rshow great value after just a few short weeks. Here it is: Take a coin or something else metallic and/or shiny. Then focus completely along the EDGES of that object and try to move it with your mind. Do this exercise 5 times/week for a half hour every day and you'll boost your IQ up 5-15 points! Your benefits will be much greater than IQ though

      Hope this helped!
      It sounds really impressive. From the other side it's hard to believe. How did this exercise improved your life? Do you have any example?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1632834].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AwesomePossum
    This is my favorite exercise from a product designed to purely develop your IQ. This was one of the least effective exercises from this standpoint so if figured there wasn't much harm in sharing it. However, it came without the drawback of degeneration if you decide you no longer want to do it.

    And honestly, I'm not sure how much it has improved me because it isn't the only exercise I use to develop my focus. However, I used it a week before I started my routine and it helped me a good amount. I started thinking more clearly and decisively which ultimately boosted my confidence in the decisions I made. I can't say for sure but this may have been the exercise that put everything in motion for me.

    If you try the exercise and end up liking it the product this came from is The Complete Guide to Genius. It's amazing. It has some very advanced techniques Einstein used as well a great exercise to boost creativity into a new level. There's a detailed explanation of how to use each exercise too.

    Incredible product that think I'm going to put to full use this summer.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1632911].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author theohanden
    taping your goals and listening to them first thing in the morning and last thing at night, hanging around peoples that are where you want to be
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1633248].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Trey Walter
      Originally Posted by theohanden View Post

      taping your goals and listening to them first thing in the morning and last thing at night, hanging around peoples that are where you want to be
      Yes, reminding yourself of your goals is one important thing to do. You could also use a text with your goals as desktop background for example.

      Originally Posted by AwesomePossum View Post

      Here's how I personally reach my subconscious:
      [...]
      Also, I have a practical exercise that I use too throughout my day. This will rshow great value after just a few short weeks. Here it is: Take a coin or something else metallic and/or shiny. Then focus completely along the EDGES of that object and try to move it with your mind. Do this exercise 5 times/week for a half hour every day and you'll boost your IQ up 5-15 points! Your benefits will be much greater than IQ though

      Hope this helped!
      That helped a lot. Great post.

      I don't know why, but your post made me think about image streaming..
      Does anyone of you guys use image streaming on a frequent basis?

      By the way, my favorite mental exercise is doing mathematics. It's really effective to train your thinking abilities.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1633371].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AwesomePossum
    Trey, I have a good understanding of image streaming and it's incredibly powerful. There are different exercises, styles, and techniques. Einstein and Edison used this frequently. This will boost your IQ to ridiculous levels and there is only one drawback but don't take it lightly. IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE IMAGE STREAMING, YOU CAN'T STOP USING IT. If you loose interest it will take a toll on you mentally and you might end up worse than you started at an accelerating rate. If you don't mind image streaming everyday than I strongly encourage it. Just make sure your committed to it. It's a lot of fun and I used it on accident for a while. Personally when I stopped using it as an exercise because of reading
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1633545].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Trey Walter
      Originally Posted by AwesomePossum View Post

      Trey, I have a good understanding of image streaming and it's incredibly powerful. There are different exercises, styles, and techniques. Einstein and Edison used this frequently. This will boost your IQ to ridiculous levels and there is only one drawback but don't take it lightly. IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE IMAGE STREAMING, YOU CAN'T STOP USING IT. If you loose interest it will take a toll on you mentally and you might end up worse than you started at an accelerating rate. If you don't mind image streaming everyday than I strongly encourage it. Just make sure your committed to it. It's a lot of fun and I used it on accident for a while. Personally when I stopped using it as an exercise because of reading
      Alright, thanks. Now I think I'll rather start to meditate again because of the risk you named.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1635405].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author sandra.IMqueen
    Trey thanks for your comments and the smile. Not wanting to live with regret is the thing that moves me to face my fears.

    I am not concerend about what other people say, I don't mind looking foolish, but I don't want to look back on my life and regret never doing a thing, never taking a chance, never seizing an opportunity. I do feel fear but what I feel about regret outweighs it every time.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1635742].message }}
  • Originally Posted by Trey Walter View Post

    Hi fellows,

    I'd like to know which habits you found to be effective to increase your success.

    What are the small things you do frequently that set you apart from other people?
    Hi Trey...

    One of them is certainly keeping a private journal...

    Whether I build my body or maintain a site, this help me a lot.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1635980].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author mine1718
    One of the main things is never give up on something if you know that it will make you money. This is the main reason why people fail is because they give up
    Signature

    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1636123].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Trey Walter
      Originally Posted by sandra.IMqueen View Post

      I am not concerend about what other people say, I don't mind looking foolish, but I don't want to look back on my life and regret never doing a thing, never taking a chance, never seizing an opportunity. I do feel fear but what I feel about regret outweighs it every time.
      Okay, so you're lucky about that one. I'm a perfectionist so my fear of looking foolish can sometimes outweigh the urge to do a thing. And I might regret that later...

      Originally Posted by he_who_brings_order View Post

      Hi Trey...

      One of them is certainly keeping a private journal...

      Whether I build my body or maintain a site, this help me a lot.
      This could lead to a nice analogy: Building success is very similar to building muscles in some respect. Take a moment to think about it.

      Originally Posted by mine1718 View Post

      One of the main things is never give up on something if you know that it will make you money. This is the main reason why people fail is because they give up
      Yeah, giving up too soon is a very popular fault.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1637360].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AwesomePossum
    Trey, I just wanted to tell you thanks for your appreciation towards everyone's advice. You're a very good learner
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1637591].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AwesomePossum
    Trey, I have one more suggestion for you.

    Pick up "The Law of Success" by Napoleon Hill. This is an incredible book. Just make sure you completely understand each principle before you move on to the next. It takes patience, persistence, and a good amount of time(months) but you'll reap rewards. That I can promise you. Powerful knowledge is presented in this work. It's rumored that this book alone has created the most millionaires of all time and I would not be at all shocked at this was a fact.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1638341].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1638398].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Arun Kumar
    Hard work is my habit for the success and Strict dedication at work.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1639201].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Trey Walter
      Originally Posted by AwesomePossum View Post

      Trey, I have one more suggestion for you.

      Pick up "The Law of Success" by Napoleon Hill. This is an incredible book. Just make sure you completely understand each principle before you move on to the next. It takes patience, persistence, and a good amount of time(months) but you'll reap rewards. That I can promise you. Powerful knowledge is presented in this work. It's rumored that this book alone has created the most millionaires of all time and I would not be at all shocked at this was a fact.
      Okay, I put it on my to-read-list for my next vacation.

      Originally Posted by AwesomePossum View Post

      Trey check out this thread. You might find it helpful
      http://www.warriorforum.com/mind-war...ur-flavor.html
      Thanks, I'll take a look at it.

      Originally Posted by Arun Kumar View Post

      Hard work is my habit for the success and Strict dedication at work.
      Do you remember how you made that a habit Arun? Was it a kind of steady development over a longer period of time or did you consciously decide to start working hard from a precise moment on?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1639311].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author usmanshakir
        My habit is consideration to work and intention to do my tast with full efforts in a proper direction.
        I think slow but steady always wins the race.
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1639427].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author wemakeiteasy
    Do the most important thing first thing in the morning. So, whatever makes you the MOST money, spend the first 2 hours on it, in the morning.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1642937].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author olivia751
    Hello Trey,

    Nice question. Well you done well to improve your success habits.
    I don't write my daily work any where actually its not my habit. I just analyze at the end of the day that what and how many works i have done in the whole day and what mistakes i have done during my work. Then i plan for my next day work and also think that the mistakes that i have done earlier not repeat that again.



    Regards,
    Olivia
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1643083].message }}
  • {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1643750].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author MissTerraK
      I carry around my little black (well pink actually, lol) book, as it seems that awesome creative ideas pop into my mind at the most inopportune times!:rolleyes:

      So I get out my little book, and jot it down so I can get back to it when I can devote uninterupted time on it, expand it, and then when the time is right, implement it!

      It's not the typical idea of a little black book, but every bit as important, if not more!

      MissTerraK
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1644882].message }}
      • Profile picture of the author AwesomePossum
        Originally Posted by MissTerraK View Post

        I carry around my little black (well pink actually, lol) book, as it seems that awesome creative ideas pop into my mind at the most inopportune times!:rolleyes:

        MissTerraK
        Very nice thought MissTerrek.
        I walk around with an audio recorder instead of a journal just because I feel it's easier to get those inspirational and helpful thoughts down on the fly. But it's certainly the same concept.

        Keep track of your thoughts and keep your ideas organized. This is crucial for that exceptional efficiency you're looking for
        {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1645112].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Ruth P
    This is a great thread!

    Personally I agree with everyone who has mentioned a journal - both in terms of keeping track of your 'to-do' list, and writing down ideas or thoughts.

    Here is something I do regularly (from time to time until I have a break and start doing it again - I need to keep it up a little better): Everyday in the morning write three pages in a notebook. The key is to let your writing flow, and write whatever pops into your head. That could simply be 'I don't know what to write' or 'should I have pasta for dinner' - literally anything.

    I am honestly so much more productive when I make a point to do this. I also try not to read back what I write for a long time, as sometimes it becomes a way for me to write out any negative thoughts so I can forget them. I will read them back sometimes after 6+ months and it's great to see how I felt back then!
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1645337].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AwesomePossum
    Ruth, thanks for the post (: I found it quite useful.

    I use my Journals strictly as review and they are sometimes structured(Just depends on my mood I guess.)

    I use visualization to help me with my productivity but I'm sure that free writing a daily journal about the day ahead will really help with getting me excited and motivated for the day ahead!!

    Thanks Again
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1645625].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Trey Walter
      Originally Posted by olivia751 View Post

      Hello Trey,

      Nice question. Well you done well to improve your success habits.
      I don't write my daily work any where actually its not my habit. I just analyze at the end of the day that what and how many works i have done in the whole day and what mistakes i have done during my work. Then i plan for my next day work and also think that the mistakes that i have done earlier not repeat that again.



      Regards,
      Olivia
      That's a nice habit as well Olivia. Not doing the same mistake twice seems to be such a small thing but it actually ensures steady progress.

      Originally Posted by joedwi1 View Post

      i think is work smart and consistent
      I don't really know what you mean by working "smart". Is it that you plan your actions or is it just that you think before you do a thing?

      Originally Posted by MissTerraK View Post

      I carry around my little black (well pink actually, lol) book, as it seems that awesome creative ideas pop into my mind at the most inopportune times!:rolleyes:
      Haha, yeah! I frequently get ideas while walking for example. Most of the time, I don't have something at hand to store them though.. (Well luckily, I still remember most of those ideas at a later time)

      Originally Posted by AwesomePossum View Post

      Very nice thought MissTerrek.
      I walk around with an audio recorder instead of a journal just because I feel it's easier to get those inspirational and helpful thoughts down on the fly. But it's certainly the same concept.

      Keep track of your thoughts and keep your ideas organized. This is crucial for that exceptional efficiency you're looking for
      Reminds me of something that has happened to me today:
      I got some nice ideas while I was walking to the gym and I tried to record them with my mobile phone. But after having recorded one idea (which was about 20-30 seconds long) it said there was no more free space. Modern technology can be so disappointing.

      Originally Posted by Ruth P View Post

      This is a great thread!

      Personally I agree with everyone who has mentioned a journal - both in terms of keeping track of your 'to-do' list, and writing down ideas or thoughts.

      Here is something I do regularly (from time to time until I have a break and start doing it again - I need to keep it up a little better): Everyday in the morning write three pages in a notebook. The key is to let your writing flow, and write whatever pops into your head. That could simply be 'I don't know what to write' or 'should I have pasta for dinner' - literally anything.

      I am honestly so much more productive when I make a point to do this. I also try not to read back what I write for a long time, as sometimes it becomes a way for me to write out any negative thoughts so I can forget them. I will read them back sometimes after 6+ months and it's great to see how I felt back then!
      Glad you like my thread Ruth. This habit you got is quite unique. I think this kind of brainstorming clearing your mind for later activities. That might be the reason for your increased productivity afterwards.

      Originally Posted by AwesomePossum View Post

      Ruth, thanks for the post (: I found it quite useful.

      I use my Journals strictly as review and they are sometimes structured(Just depends on my mood I guess.)

      I use visualization to help me with my productivity but I'm sure that free writing a daily journal about the day ahead will really help with getting me excited and motivated for the day ahead!!

      Thanks Again
      I have found that structuring your idea journal really helps in terms of later usability. So it's probably most effective to carry something with you to catch new ideas and then organize them afterwards.

      This writing about the day ahead sounds very interesting as well. Visualization with the help of a journal.. Could help you to activate more senses and therefore reach your subconsciousness more efficiently. Nice one.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1645963].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author SteelDanno
    Great thoughts here,

    Here's mine that helped me move my projects forward much faster...

    - Turn off the TV
    - Consume less media (facebook, blogs, feeds, sites, movies ... forums etc.)

    I figure less distraction simply equals more action :-)

    Cheers.
    Signature
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1646026].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AwesomePossum
    Ya, this forum is really putting a damper on my productivity lol
    I should probably get back to work :rolleyes:
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1646070].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Jeff Bronson
    Writing a list of what is to be accomplished the night before really helps.

    Also I use a timer for lots of stuff like working on projects, eating etc. Sometimes if I feel like I've been behind lately I'll write down the entire day what I'm doing every 15 minutes or so and review it at the end of the day. It's enlightening when you see you spent 1 hour + eating lunch while browsing the warrior forum. Setting a timer for say 30 or 40 minutes and staying focused on that project is great. I can feel the twitch come on to check my email or stats again, but then remind myself to wait until the timer is up.

    Another trick is to use the timer to accumulate only the time you work during the day. So when I'm working on something I have the timer on.. if I get up and walk away from the desk, receive a package or whatever, I pause it then see how many hours at the end of the day were spent being productive.
    Signature
    eCommerce Warriors
    Helping Magento Retailers Increase Conversions
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1646625].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Trey Walter
    Originally Posted by SteelDanno View Post

    Great thoughts here,

    Here's mine that helped me move my projects forward much faster...

    - Turn off the TV
    - Consume less media (facebook, blogs, feeds, sites, movies ... forums etc.)

    I figure less distraction simply equals more action :-)

    Cheers.
    But sometimes you need some kind of inspiration. "Distractions" can also be inspriring at times.

    So I suppose you got another source of inspiration?

    Originally Posted by AwesomePossum View Post

    Ya, this forum is really putting a damper on my productivity lol
    I should probably get back to work :rolleyes:
    That was the first thing that came to my mind as well. There's probably some productivity increasing potential for us distracted beings.

    Originally Posted by Lux_Arcana View Post

    Writing a list of what is to be accomplished the night before really helps.

    Also I use a timer for lots of stuff like working on projects, eating etc. Sometimes if I feel like I've been behind lately I'll write down the entire day what I'm doing every 15 minutes or so and review it at the end of the day. It's enlightening when you see you spent 1 hour + eating lunch while browsing the warrior forum. Setting a timer for say 30 or 40 minutes and staying focused on that project is great. I can feel the twitch come on to check my email or stats again, but then remind myself to wait until the timer is up.

    Another trick is to use the timer to accumulate only the time you work during the day. So when I'm working on something I have the timer on.. if I get up and walk away from the desk, receive a package or whatever, I pause it then see how many hours at the end of the day were spent being productive.
    This idea with the timer sounds kinda cool. Especially to figure out how other habits and activities interfere with your productivity.

    Originally Posted by Matt Jutras View Post

    Bar none, my most potent success weapon is dependable communication.
    [...]
    Always look out for your clients/customers, and they'll look out for you.
    That's a nice way for dealing with customers Matt. And it should be really effective in the long run because of the extra trust it causes.

    Originally Posted by honestbizpro View Post

    I try to always connect with customers and prospects like a human who cares...not a number or statistic.
    And customers will love you for it.

    The strange thing is, that if you treat customers as numbers, they seem to behave like numbers or statistics. Unemotional, ruled by chance, silent, independent.

    If you however treat them as human beings they behave like human beings. They might like you, communicate with you and be bound to you in an emotional way.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1647505].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Steve Baker
    I agree with most of the posts. To add my bit, "beware of the acres of diamonds". Make sure you have a clearly defined work schedule with deadlines set and anytime another so called "opportunity or diamonds" comes along, I asess whether it fits into my plan. If not, it's gone.

    Focus on what gives you the best results and stick to that along with your mindset stuff.

    Steve
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1647622].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Mili_D
    I sit down every day and thank god at least 2 times a day in the morning and night. I thank him from my heart for everything I have by showing grateful and thankfulness showing love and compassionate. I then writes out my goals and set a date beside it. This helps me stay focus and determent to complete my goals. I also sit and visualize my goals and picture every moment with bright colours.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1649427].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author T2007
    I just stopped by, and love this forum... so positive!
    My personal success habits, are daily accountability of my actions.

    I keep a daily "to do" list on my desk and go through each task throughout the day. I put a check mark on each as I complete them.

    When one task takes longer than I'd anticipated (i.e. if I get stuck building a blog or have writer's block), I either leave the task for the next day (especially when other tasks need to be done immediately), or keep on working on it and leave one or two of the other tasks for tomorrow, which I add to my "to-do" list for the next day.

    I do this daily and I get this benefits from this habit:

    - It keeps me focused.
    - I waste little or no time (prevents me from getting distracted too long on the net.)
    - I get organized.
    - I accomplish much more (allows me to multi-task.)
    - I'm able to see my progress on paper (good for my self esteem :-)

    Wishing you success,
    Tammy
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1649545].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Trey Walter
      Originally Posted by Steve Baker View Post

      I agree with most of the posts. To add my bit, "beware of the acres of diamonds". Make sure you have a clearly defined work schedule with deadlines set and anytime another so called "opportunity or diamonds" comes along, I asess whether it fits into my plan. If not, it's gone.

      Focus on what gives you the best results and stick to that along with your mindset stuff.

      Steve
      Scheduling seems to be very effective to increase success. However, focusing is one strange thing, for I totally don't know what's the perfect balance between trying out new things and sticking to the things that give you good results.

      So what do you think about trying new things Steve?

      Originally Posted by Mili_D View Post

      I sit down every day and thank god at least 2 times a day in the morning and night. I thank him from my heart for everything I have by showing grateful and thankfulness showing love and compassionate. I then writes out my goals and set a date beside it. This helps me stay focus and determent to complete my goals. I also sit and visualize my goals and picture every moment with bright colours.
      That's nice, lots of good techniques in there. Being thankful is one thing most people do forget.

      Originally Posted by T2007 View Post

      I just stopped by, and love this forum... so positive!
      My personal success habits, are daily accountability of my actions.

      I keep a daily "to do" list on my desk and go through each task throughout the day. I put a check mark on each as I complete them.

      When one task takes longer than I'd anticipated (i.e. if I get stuck building a blog or have writer's block), I either leave the task for the next day (especially when other tasks need to be done immediately), or keep on working on it and leave one or two of the other tasks for tomorrow, which I add to my "to-do" list for the next day.

      I do this daily and I get this benefits from this habit:

      - It keeps me focused.
      - I waste little or no time (prevents me from getting distracted too long on the net.)
      - I get organized.
      - I accomplish much more (allows me to multi-task.)
      - I'm able to see my progress on paper (good for my self esteem :-)

      Wishing you success,
      Tammy
      Nice post, Tammy. Love the way you listed the benefits as well. Got one small question about it though:
      When/How do you set up your to-do-list? Do you add new points to tomorrow's list if something comes to your mind or do you do a lot of planning in advance?
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1652683].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AwesomePossum
    "Scheduling seems to be very effective to increase success. However, focusing is one strange thing, for I totally don't know what's the perfect balance between trying out new things and sticking to the things that give you good results."

    Trey, it's crucial you stick with a routine for a while but in the same sense this could really increase your learning curve.

    It's a tricky one but just set aside a time maybe once or twice a week where instead of implementing a good portion of your routine you study the people who are the best(most successful) and most knowledgeable at what they do Find the people in your area of focus and get rockin.

    The guys who study for decades(or the kids that study a large portion of them.) are THE only people I choose to learn from. This narrows down your focus by not listening to every acclaimed guru. This will help with that balance in trying new things but keeping up a consistent schedule.

    I'm still having a hard time with that balance myself :p There's sooo much to study. Sometimes I get too excited and leave off half way through a course or program. DON'T do that lol, unless it isn't providing enough value. It halts your progress exponentially over time if you really think about it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1653080].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author AwesomePossum
    Trey, Check Out This Post:
    The last page is the only thing that's really helpful and it's certainly worth a look.
    http://www.warriorforum.com/mind-war...ml#post1653919
    Aaryn
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1653934].message }}
    • Profile picture of the author Trey Walter
      Originally Posted by AwesomePossum View Post

      Trey, it's crucial you stick with a routine for a while but in the same sense this could really increase your learning curve.

      It's a tricky one but just set aside a time maybe once or twice a week where instead of implementing a good portion of your routine you study the people who are the best(most successful) and most knowledgeable at what they do Find the people in your area of focus and get rockin.

      The guys who study for decades(or the kids that study a large portion of them.) are THE only people I choose to learn from. This narrows down your focus by not listening to every acclaimed guru. This will help with that balance in trying new things but keeping up a consistent schedule.

      I'm still having a hard time with that balance myself :p There's sooo much to study. Sometimes I get too excited and leave off half way through a course or program. DON'T do that lol, unless it isn't providing enough value. It halts your progress exponentially over time if you really think about it.
      Yeah, the point is I really like to try out new things. And there are so many fields of interest of mine.

      Originally Posted by AwesomePossum View Post

      Trey, Check Out This Post:
      The last page is the only thing that's really helpful and it's certainly worth a look.
      http://www.warriorforum.com/mind-war...ml#post1653919
      Aaryn
      There some nice thoughts in this topic. Thanks Aaryn.
      {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1653991].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Michael Newman
    Success requires having manifold strategies,but I will just mention two.One is my explanatory style and the second is my ability to concentrate.I do not usually see failures as the ultimate feedback,I see it as an opportunity to learn and I just keep going on.I see life as a movie,not a snapshot.I am also learning to focus intensely on my projects.I see a lot of people jumping from project to project,from WSO to WSO,without making full use of any.When we concentrate intensely we amplify our capacity to attract and see the full potential in our project.I thank everyone for sharing.The more we give the more we get.
    Alaba
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1860278].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Geenius
    For me its always keeping my focus on the bigger picture-the overall ultimate goal.

    It helps me especially when it seemz iv been stuck at a particular point for a long while, because when i remember my reward at the end of the struggle, i get motivated again and just keep pushing for it.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1866561].message }}
  • Profile picture of the author Raygun
    The key is to always know what you are doing next and make sure that you have a strong plan of action. Make sure that your to-do list is always getting things crossed off of.
    {{ DiscussionBoard.errors[1867803].message }}

Trending Topics